All Comments on 'Part of the Family'

by Corpse_rider

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
beasthunterbeasthunteralmost 13 years ago
I liked it

Good premise, I personally am attracted to themes of merging or losing identity. I loved the dialog at dinner, where Samantha was mentioned. I thought two of the transitions were a little abrupt: first, Kerry's submission to Diane's advances. I may have missed it, but I didn't see any set-up to help me believe that a woman in the midst of such a shock (well depicted, btw) would be calmed by a lesbian overture. Second, there wasn't much horror when she realized the "transformation", again going quickly to from surprise to acceptance without much resistance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Erotic but not HORRORble

Excellent writing, very welcome. Thanks.

LadyPartsLadyPartsabout 12 years ago
Highly creative!

I do enjoy stories like this, with seemingly ordinary people dealing with very strange events. Very inventive.

Reminded me of a friend's warning about meeting her in laws for the first time. She went stoned, high as a kite, thinking she'd be less nervous. Every male family member she met, she couldn't help but wonder what his package was like.

wolfgirlbiteswolfgirlbitesover 10 years ago

That was an amazing story. What a wild turn on. Thank You!

slk6400slk6400over 10 years ago
Great writing

The story was wonderful. I could foresee the orgy early in the story but curiosity kept me reading. I like the fact that the incest was downplayed. Not sure how I feel about the transformation part, but the rest was top notch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow...Wow

Good story; was NOT expecting it to turn out like that...

Have you ever seen the movie Society, Corpse_rider? That has a similar premise to this, only they...eat those who are lower class by subsuming the bodies of their victims into his own bodily mass whilst supping the victim of their nutrients. Watch it sometime (or don't; the scene described above (where it happens to a victim) was so disturbing (or, rather, the actor playing the victim's reaction to it) that it freaked the DIRECTOR out, so he cut down a few seconds of reaction time) for a frightening horror movie...

BTW, I wonder HOW Samantha went crazy; did she go through a similar ritual when she tried to become a "part" of the family? If she did and couldn't handle it, no wonder she went nuts...

Corpse_riderCorpse_riderabout 6 years agoAuthor
Response to previous comment.

Thank you for your comments, anonymous: to answer your question, yes, I have seen the film Society, a horror gem released in the early 90s, a great satire on class and there are certainly similarities with the last scene in Part of the Family. In the story I’ve implied Johnny’s ex, Samantha, did indeed go through the bonding, although unlike Kerry, her mind couldn’t cope with the experience – but perhaps she had the sane reaction and it’s Kerry who’s the crazy one in accepting her strange new family! I’ll leave the reader to decide. Glad you enjoyed the story.

Unknown81Unknown81about 6 years ago
I commented under anonymous earlier...

Yes, corpse_rider, it really depends on one's point of view on whether Sam or Kerry is the crazy one...

At least, unlike Society, Sam and Kerry are both alive (the same couldn't be said for poor, poor Dave Blanchard at the end of that movie; that may well be one of the more disturbing deaths in a horror movie...)...

Good story, BTW...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Family welcome.

Most certainly the best description of an uninhibited orgy,which knows no bounds,in it's depravity and debauched acts.Played out by men& women,whom posses,unbridled animal hunger for each others insatiable bodies.

The classic meeting of flesh on flesh,in both sound and smell,rising from their rutting sex crazed forms,quite riveting in it's perversion!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorpse_rider@Corpse_rider
Latest update: April 2024 My next two artworks have been submitted and should be published sometime this week. Both continue my 'Mouthful of' series with facesitting and watersports being the themes explored. These will be my last April art submissions. Usually when I submit ...