Pathways Ch. 09-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait a minute," protested Nina. "I'm not a hero. Angel is the hero."

"Nonsense sweetheart," declared Angel. "You are every bit a hero yourself. Besides," his eyes twinkled happily for the first time that Nina could ever remember, "I can't give up a sidekick whom I both need and love."

The pair, hand in hand, turned their attention back to the mysterious figure as it raised a hand. "Blessing upon you both. I will be closing this portal to the higher realms when you leave."

"So we won't see you again? Ever?"

"One day we will meet again. But that day is far in future." The figure shimmered and disappeared. Moments later they were staring at the brick wall. Silently they left the basement area and drove home.

"So, not to repeat myself, but what happens next?"

Angel took Nina's hand. "Next? I'm not sure but since I can go out in the daylight now I would like to catch a nap and then see LA by the light of the sun. And I need to talk to your sister."

"Jill? What for?"

"I realize that I am way out of date on this stuff, but I think it only proper to ask your sister's blessing on our marriage. Do you mind if we have a Catholic ceremony? I was that once and now that crosses should no longer bother me I think I'd like to return to my roots."

Nina's only answer was to wrap him up in her arms and kiss him again and again.

This day was, of course, not the end of the story. Liam and Nina O'Neill battled evil demons and helped the helpless for many years after that. Eventually their children, aided by Connor, grew up to take over the fight and then THEIR children and children's children followed in their ancestors' footsteps. Perhaps that story will be told one day. But the pair here lived happily to the end of their days and when they left this world they left it together.

(The End)

12