All Comments on 'Penny'

by Many Feathers

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
mtstorymtstoryover 15 years ago
Great

Great story. Not sure if that would be a ending I would like, but I still loved it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Just wanted to say,

Thank you.

P~

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Heart warming story.

I have to admit that I felt that Penny was too self-centered

for my tastes. I will join her in wishing "Will" well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Passion

I love the honesty of Will and the passion that develops as Penny becomes aware of her own sensuality. Though the ending makes me sad, it is more a realistic ending than "happily ever after". After reading this, I dream of finding a "Will" in my life.

rohit7785rohit7785almost 12 years ago
half liked half hated

please be noted that my comment is about what I feel only... Plz dont be offended...

I loved the first half of story... But for second part... I was like repulsed coz of the actions of penny. It was so obvious that will loved her yet all her actions were beyond me. I dont to stories of group sex as i find them repulsive and same happened in the second half of it. Sorry if i am too blunt. But i think i will only remember 1st part and that was 5 star for me... Rest was nothing as i dont go for that type of stories :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What selfishness!

Wow, Penny, your selfishness knows no bounds. You have not learned a thing from this heartbreaking experience. You are married to one man and selfishly have a story written about another. I feel sorry for the man you married (what a disrespectful to do to him) and relieved for Will. It's sad when people don't learn from their mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Don't know here

You've obviously written a biographical account, so comment on your story would not be in order. That being said, I just can't tell how I feel about 'Penny'. She is obviously emotionally damaged, hence the self-loathing and later promiscuity. She obviously hurt 'Will' as she increasingly insisted on experimental sex. She disappointed him by Leaving when she could easily married him and he'd have happily gone with her. Then she was so unfair to him by promising to come back and never did, even to say goodbye and thank him for being who and what she needed sobadly at that time. Could a woman wwith her history and their age difference ever have been successful together? Probably not, too much happened to just say ,that's all past. He was a good bit older, so he would probably die first leaving her alone and possibly even more emotionally scarred. Her story needed telling and though there is a lot of sex, it isn't particularly erotic. Its a woman trying to find her way and failing over and over again, hurting others on the way. With her problems, was she eventually a good mother, not passing her hangups on to the kids? I seriously doubt it, but I hope so. A good or bad story, depending on how one interpreted it. I think there was self pity in her heart, disgust with sex simply because she shut herself off from others. She let him give much of himself to help her and she made it plain that it was insufficient and he would always take a backseat to her needs and appetites. I don't think she made too much of an effort to be a good person. Shut herself off from family for years, judging other's sexual activities as wrong, taking advantage of a carrying man and casting him aside forever but making promises and not keeping them. Her story in later life isn't told, I hope it is more admirable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My Thoughts

I think she is sad. What she experienced during her 'promiscuity phase' was probably what most girls would experience during their college years, which she missed through her self-loathing. Was she looking for love and acceptance? No, she had that already and her family would have accepted her back long before she contacted them and she had to have known it. Family is Family. She cast 'Will' aside. Making not even a token effort to end it where he could go on with life. Not even a 'Dear John' letter. I don't like this story. I don't like "users" which is what she is. She used her new husband to get the fulfillment of motherhood and she could never give him her love completely. If she didn't still love 'Will' in some way she would just have considered him an ex-boyfriend and not tried to find him. I think she fucked him over. I think she never totally got over being the self-serving, emotional cripple that she became as a teenager.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous