All Comments on 'Perverted Censorship'

by LaPatitMort

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Ron-SanRon-Sanover 17 years ago
Right on the Money

You have given one of the best definitions of what people assume to be "perversion" and what by any definition perversion actually is. If everyone could allow themselves to open themselves to what you have said here, even for a moment, I think we could start down a road that would make us all much happier and the world a much better place.

madengineer3madengineer3over 17 years ago
Amen

You have hit the nail on the head!!! Perversion is one human being hurting another one for selfish reasons. Sex, invented and implemented by God, is to be beautiful. For too long the various "do good" groups have tried to inforce their own morality on all others. We see it in all religions. There are strict censors on all sides. Most religions do not want people to read their own Holy book(s) and then make up their mind where they are in reference to them. It is those who have a small "god" or are in some way incapable of independent thought who insist on following "lists" of correct behavior. I am personally an evangelical Christian, but I alos believe that we are to take the Scriptures clear teaching about what defiles a man as opposed to man made lists.

Keep up the good work.

madengineer3

wjthermanwjthermanover 17 years ago
Finally

You've got it right! Finally someone says what I've felt...

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Well done!

To build on your thinking, how many virtual creatures has the average teenager blown away in the x-box/game cube etc. by the time they're 16? How many murders has he/she seen portrayed on the TV/movies? Yet sex is regarded as perverted and is portrayed almost always in porno as degrading to one sex or the other.

Your essay is thorough, thoughtful, and well written.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Very accurate description.

LaPatitMort,

You are right on with your observations. But, my friend, I'm afraid on this Site you may be preaching to the Choir. This is where believers in pure and true love end up. There are many ways of expressing love; and, this site has it well represented.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Agreement and challenge

LaPatitMort

I agree that the glorification of violence is primarily enjoyed by those who have not seen the results of true violence. It is hard to imagine the twistedness of someone who takes pleasure from causing death, dismemberment, or some other unhealthy results of violent action.

I would challenge you, if only slightly, on your views regarding what is "right" concerning sexuality. If we enjoy someone solely because of the shape of their body and their lack of clothing, have we not turned that person into an object no more valuable than a watch or car that we might desire?

I admire your obvious compassion for people. Sometimes, in this online environment, I think that gets lost. Kudos and keep posting. Peace, DutchMafia (I'm having trouble leaving a public comment, so I'll sign an anon. one.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Something about the English language...

It is odd that of all the "Western", "democratic" countries on this planet, those that have English as their primary language seem to have the sickest view on what is acceptable and what isn't.

This view is that recreational violence is acceptable while recreational sex is unacceptable.

This view is very strong in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. It is almost unknown in the rest of Western Europe, South America and Asia (except possibly the PRC, where anything that wasn't authorised by Mao is Evil, which incidentally leaves paedophilia an acceptable practice in theory).

This perspective is obvious in censorship laws, where sex scenes automatically get a higher age restriction than graphic violence. See also our obsession with violent sports (eg boxing) and violent passtimes (eg hunting).

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The real pornography

I have always believed that the true pornography is violence, and not sex, as so many of your leaders would have us believe.

Many people in Australia, where I live, were horrified at the way that Billy Clinton was treated, not because he stretched the truth, GWB is a bigger liar than Billy ever was, but because he found a new use for his cigar.

Thank you for articulating what so many of us have always believed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Simple Comment from a Simple Man

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Your Closing Wasn't Closed Enough IMO

On a broad scale what you advance is not only admirable but the way most people should be and think.

However, without some definition, I can't buy into the total "not to judge the sexual decisions others make" statement you made.

This was akin to saying don't judge the decisions hunters make while knowing full well that some consider humans to be their prey. Women or men to be their prey. Children to be their prey. When does the season open and whats off limit in a humane way - in a respectful way.

It is hard for me to embrace all but ignore basic human respect in all matters - hunting as well as sex.

Even and thankfully this site won't tolerate under 18 and beastiality because they unpardonably violate basic human respect. Also, it is hard to ignore the sexual offender lists and basic human rights and expectations.

So in broad principal yes, but not without qualifications and thats the rub isn't it. Who gets to be the supreme decider? You, me or basic human convention. Perhaps in some way had you included the word "Respect", but even that can be interpreted to some's purpose can't it.

Thank you writer for provoking thought on a sensitive issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Beautifully written

Someone else here said you are preaching to the choir when you write something this articulate and heartfelt and post it here. That's okay. Keep preaching. Reading stories on this site is wonderful and there are many wonderful writers, but sometimes we need to be reminded about the things you brought up. Bravo.

StealthskajiraStealthskajiraover 17 years ago
Thank you!

Just want to say thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The obvious is hardest to see...

I went to Europe for a month last year, and lived with some people I knew over there. In other words, I didn't get the tourist view, I got the to see life for a normal citizen. It was amazing, coming from a moderate american town, to see the prostitutes on the streets at night and the strip clubs and the sex shops all in the middle of town, right next to grocery stores and apartment buildings. I saw kids who looked like they grew up there and, surprise surprise, weren't sinful sex maniancs. Hell, much of Europe is known for having great lovers, largely because they accept it and like it and work at it, so everyone's first 20 times isn't 30 seconds of intense yet akward pleasure. So, I haven't seen many of the things you have, but I have definately seen the mindset you advocate and how much better it is than endless fear of sin. Thanks for the excellent piece, even if most people here already agree with it.

satyricon.21satyricon.21over 17 years ago
in a perfect world.............

.......... this would be a perfect statement. in britain the definition of perversion is the alteration of anything from its natural course and, pornography is something intended to pervert or corrupt.

but...

remember that here in europe, at least 90% of prostitution is controlled by organized crime: the girls are coerced, threatened, raped, till they agree to be put out on the street like slot machines.

and because europe is more relaxed about sex, we don't do anything about this: even in germany and holland, which have legislation in place that is designed to protect, this form of abuse is widespread

is this perversion? or pornography? or both? your essay is thoughtful but incomplete.

obviously, the american reaction to janet jackson with a pasty on her nipple was completely incomprehensible to the european mindset.

equally obviously, the apathetic attitude of some europeans is incomprehensible to many americans. (i've lived on both continents and i know.)

the TV violence is another story. it's not designed to pervert and corrupt, but it sure as hell influences and coarsens a lot of people. violence as entertainment doesn't transmit the reality of pain and hurt: it preaches the virtues of violence as a viable solution to a problem.

which of course is true. violence solves a lot of problems, always has, always will, because it's an easy option.

fucked up world, and kinda depressing: you try to do do something about it and you're just shoveling shit against the tide.

glad you wrote tis, glad to read the comments, glad you've got the balls to make people think a little.

regards

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
What about consenting adults?

In adherence with the “Ockham's Razor” principle, requesting simplicity in explanations let me ask: What about the principle of: consenting adults? why indeed not keep this discussion simple? Or am I missing something? I thought that the criterion of consenting adults covers pretty much what we want to include in ‘non –perverted sex’ or with less Victorian loaded connotations, acceptable? respectful? Or even simply - true sex?

It’s simple but maybe that is its strength. If one side does not or could not be considered as being capable of consenting - including being too young; psychologically or mentally disabled, than what takes place is not sex, but a form of violence. All the rest is indeed perverted in the sense that it is moving away from consent between two equals.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Not in my backyard?

I realize that I have neglected to relate to the Censorship part of the title.

That part of the essay, as some have indicated was much less compelling.

People could enjoy idiosyncratic fantasies to their heart content, in private. People do the same in public; both as producers and as consumers of depictions of violence to satisfy sexsual needs. Freedom of speech is too dear to risk it by considering censorship. But make no mistake; THERE IS a price to be paid. Let’s not be naïve about it. One can, and one does normalizes and desensitizing people to harsher and harsher types of violence - including rape. Humans are very adaptable, they adapt to the worst things on earth – is that desirable though? What can we do? IMO – Condemn what we think is shameful. It's our freedom of speech too.

Dear author, let me furnish you with an example. Case in point: could you acknowledge some difficulty with a story which was recently posted in Literotica by the name of “Nablus”. It describes two Israeli soldiers raping a young Palestinian woman, all along describing her and her people as “rats”. After her rape they throw her naked out of their vehicle to get dressed on the road. Two previous readers thought this was just an awesome story. I was deeply offended by the rampant bigotry; and of course the rape itself. The language the rapists use, was used to describe Jews in the holocaust (esp. the term: rats) and by this author it is used to describe Palestinians (as if it being used by the Israeli soldiers). To the two readers who posted their comments, this story was a venue for sexual pleasure. For me (and hopefully others) in addition to being offensive and nauseating it presents another threat. If this type of text is so great don’t we have a little problem? Doesn’t it normalizes the worst manifestations of human beings? Doesn’t it indicate that we are already on a slippery slope? In some countries the most entertaining and arousing show is to watch public executions.

If you read the story and feel it was ok –think. What would be your reaction to, ,say, stories, which glorify white masters raping black slaves? Or how about stories about raping American women by "Jihadists" still undisturbed? Would we still maintain ‘Each to his/her own pleasures’ response? Or is it again the "Not in my back yard" reaction?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
re: my story "nablus"

you were seriously offended about a porn story on a porn site in which people write about fucking their nephews?

bottovarnisbottovarnisalmost 3 years ago

I agree with your opinions here and I thank you for stating them. I was one of the opposition during Viet Nam and never showed any military person disrespect. I do appreciate the service even though I disagreed with the situation. It is odd that we can see all kinds of bloody messes but very little real sexual expression. Sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous