All Comments on 'Pipe Springs'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 12 years ago
Another winner.

As always, your westerns deliver. I am never disappointed with your stories. Thanks for the pleasure and please keepem' coming.

michs28michs28almost 12 years ago

Good Story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Interesting

I happened to visit pipe springs about a month ago. This was a good story to bring it to life for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Another Good Read

Your stories remind me of Louis L'Amour. Always a good read.

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Nice Feel Good Story

The problem with Westerns is that you always know that the good guy will win...

Though he may die after his victory. Lots of nice images in this one.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966almost 12 years ago
Another great story

Woody you did it again. This is a wonderful story and I hope it continues as there is more to go on the story. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
True to life

I know Pipe Springs well; the author really generated a sense of the time and place.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitalmost 12 years ago
YA DONE GOOD Y'ALL

Another well written tale. Liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
APPRECIATION

Many people write. Some write well enough to entertain. Just a few write so well that the reader experiences along with the characters and, when the reading is done, leans back with a smile on his or her face and says to himself, 'Been there. Done that.'

Mr. WoodmanOne, few of the rich authors who sell millions of copies of each book have the ability to tell a story as well as you, and none that I have read in the last 70 years does it better.

Thank YOU!

jxjones

hodunkhodunkalmost 12 years ago
Another Fantastic woodmanone story!

Man you write fantastic and satisfying storys. This was great and will look forward to more chapters.

donaldedonaldealmost 12 years ago
another great story

I have to agree anon comment(jxjones) about your writing skill his words said much better then I could of you are truly a very talented and entertaining writer and I look forward to reading many more stories form you

Thank you very much for entertaining me with another of your great tales

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A True Student Of The Old West

You write factually with clarity and conviction, Woody. Thanks for a GREAT read!!! It deserves a sequel for the journey to California and the settling there. In the days when the ordinary Hand got "thirty dollars a month and found" (Random House Collage Dictionary, 1982 Revised; found(1), definition 2, equipped, outfitted, or furnished [for those without a proper education in Old West lore; I know Woody knows it!] Mr. Windsor was a very benevolent boss when he offered $50.00 a month and $5.00 a head for well-broken mustangs. I think your characterization of Mr. Windsor furnishes a nice counterweight to Zane Grey's rather acidic few of Mormons. Write on, Woody. It feels so good to read you.

Do

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
like it

well writen story of the old west. need more of it

rdd1953rdd1953almost 12 years ago
Good Job

As always good story, but come on we want to go the rest of the way with them. You have written several sequels, this one certainly deserves at least four or five.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 12 years ago
damn good

Have been to and thru pipe springs and the Strip countless times. Good story and well told. Just to pick nits, the old man who taught me to use a hand gun (45 years ago) said that a headshot is a miss. You should be aiming at the center of the body mass. But hell accidents happen...lol,,,,,, DONT CHANGE A THING

Butch

sengimaxsengimaxover 11 years ago
Great Story as usual

I agree with the other comments this story deserves a sequel. Hopefully you will provide one to entertain us all.

If you have not already written a book on the old west, then I wish you would. I for one would certainly buy.

many thanks

javadog11javadog11over 11 years ago
WELL DONE

i ALWAYS ENJOY GOOD STORIES OF THE OLD WEST

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not bad

I like the story. But I think that your diction has much to be improved on; the thoughts behind your writing are not clear through your words, and I'd like to suggest that you work on writing what you mean and making sure that the ideas you have come out clearly.

Good job.

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 10 years ago
Good story

Your description of the area, history and people is accuate and fair. I wonder if your reference to the settlement of Kiabab was really Kanab, which is nearby. Like your other work, this is a 5 star effort. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

Thanks, I loved it. Liked the characters, the background story of Clay, the romance, the pace. You could easily have gone on about all the main characters if you had chosen to. A great read for me and a nice length.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
beautiful story

its a beautiful story.written in the way of "centinnal" by james a mishner.i love your wok.keep it up :-) eagerly awaiting your latest work.

SUSAN

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks!

Great FIRST CHAPTER... Eagerly awaiting the continuing postings.

jimD1C9

grizzleebeargrizzleebearover 8 years ago
Westerns are best !!!

Keep them coming !!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Another fabulous story

Another fabulous story that leaves the reader wanting more to read about the wonderful characters in it.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
PIPE SPRINGS WAS NOT A PIPE DREAM

it was a frontier town under development/ TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That was a great story

and well written. I think that if your other westerns and mystery stories are this good why waste your time on short romances.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
You Did It Again!

I used to read any and every Western book that I got my hands on years ago. I've gotten away from them over the last 10 or so years and moved on to other genres. After reading this story and some of your other Westerns, I am going to have to revisit the Westerns. This story was just great. The characters were so real. The only negative I can say about this story is that I wanted MORE. Thank you for a fantastic story.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
This was a pleasure!

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Nice

Very nice story, had maybe a little Louis L'Amour flavoring in there. More like this would be greatly appreciated.

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
sequel??

Loved this story. Continue with these characters??? Thank you for your work. I appreciate it greatly!l

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
great blend of historical western and romance -

Thanks for the entertaining story.

re: is Kaibab Kanab? There are actually both. The Kaibab Plateau and the small town of Kaibab are high above St. George and Cedar City. The towns of Kanab and Fredonia are like two sides of a coin. Kanab is in Utah just North of the border, Fredonia is across the State line in Arizona. Many of the large ranches are within the borders of both States. The story also mentioned Colorado City which is unique in that it deliberately straddles the State line. When the Federal Government decided to enforce their anti Mormon legislation prohibiting plural wives there are stories of raids being conducted from the Arizona side of the line and the residents merely slipped over and away, out of the jurisdiction, and vice versa. There are also settlements that straddle the Utah and Nevada lines for the same reasons.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 7 years ago
Pleasant

Such a pleasant read from one of my favorites. Thanks for this. Any chance of continuing the newlyweds story of their trip to California? Sure hope so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I know a bit of that country.

It is with great pleasure that I read your tale. And the best of it for me, I know where Pipe Springs is, St. George, buttes, St.Thomas to the west (now under Lake Mead) the crossing at Hole in the Rock,, I've paddled J W Powell's route. So then imagine my pleased surprise when the story carried the flavour of geographical truth.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice! More please!

Excellent story! Thank you for writing. I would love to see a sequel.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago

Absolutely love your westerns, Wood!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The most powerful image projected by this story is that of a group of ragtag vagrants forced out of every community they came to, forced across he Mississippi, hounded for a thousand miles into some of the most inhospitable terrain on the subcontinent and then claiming, for themselves alone, the only water for 40 miles around. Name it and claim it. Build a fort around it so no dam Injuns can get nary a drop. Put a floor over it so your perishibles can stay cool. Canny smart them Mormons! Everbody agrees and wishes it was them that got there first. Time to make something out of this Godforsaken wilderness ! Course, all the critters for miles around had to die off, but that's a small price to pay. Hell, it's even better cuz there's less competition for the grass. Sides, nothin' really matters on the face of this earth but us white folks. Right?

LWlurker

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

Ain't the first time I have read this story.

Pipe Springs does exist and if you are ever down that way it is worth a visit

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

I love reading your Westerns @Woodmanone

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Awesome! I really enjoyed reading another of your great westerns. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

Great story of course, coming from you . Ashame your not writing as much as before . But then again you have your own life to live too. Thank you for your time here. Hope to hear more from you. But if not. Take care

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, but Mormons don't drink coffee.

linnearlinnear11 months ago

Fine story, I was hoping there was another chapter. With all of your stories I haven't been able to read anyone else.

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****What a complete story> Damn! that was some good reading. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2294 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

SIMILAR Stories