Please Don't Cry Ch. 02

Story Info
Nate and Helen has fun during their lunch.
10.5k words
4.35
15.1k
4
3
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/23/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After taking their nap Helen and Nate decided they should go out to lunch. It was a little argument over where to go though. Nate wanted to go to one of the restaurants his parents donated money to all the time. Helen wanted to go to an inexpensive diner by her mom's real estate office. To solve this problem they played a quick game of rock paper scissors. The winner would pick where they would go. Nate won the game and took a pouting Helen to the restaurant. When Helen walked in she noticed the eyes of different people in the restaurant. The looks made her feel uncomfortable. Nate could see it in her eyes. He squeezed her hand, "Don't..."

"But Nate...they're staring..." Helen whispered trying to hide behind Nate's tall form. Nate moved around her wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Of course they are...you're so beautiful I would stare too." Nate said smiling. Helen blushed playing with the purple ribbon in her hair. Since Nate destroyed her previous outfit she had to find a new one. Luckily thanks to a quick call back to her house Matilda, one of the maids, brought her a change of clothes. She changed clothes putting on a simple black skirt and white shirt with a blue spaghetti strap tank top on underneath it. She undid a couple of the buttons letting the tank top show. She held her hair up with a purple ribbon showing off the medium sized golden hoops she had on. Nate chose a pair of relaxed black jeans with an equal black shirt with a white t-shirt on underneath. He pulled his blue streaked hair back in a loose ponytail letting his barbell and earring show.

"Thanks Nate," Helen said smiling. Nate smiled placing a kiss on her cheek, "It's no problem you're really cute, cuter now that we're matching."

Helen giggled, "You're right we are matching. I wonder how we did this."

"Great minds think alike," Nate said smiling. Helen giggled, "Yeah sounds like it."

Nate smiled, "Yep, but who's staring at you?"

Helen nodded her head towards the corner of professional dressed people sitting at a table by the window. Nate looked over at the table his nose scrunching up when he recognized the people.

"I know them they work for my parents' company. They work at one of the home branches here. They also have stock in this restaurant so they come check it out from time to time." Nate said.

"I take it you don't like them." Helen said.

Nate nodded his head, "Yes I don't like them, because they were the ones who tried hiding my guitar when I was 14 and then tried destroying my music."

"They were the people you told me about that time. I remember you telling me about someone hiding your guitar and trying to destroy your music." Helen said.

Nate nodded, "That was them those bastards. I'll point them out to you once we sit down."

Helen nodded, "Ok," she remembers the day when Nate came to her asking if she saw his guitar and the sheets of music he wrote along with Donald another one of their friends. She remembers seeing him so upset and angry. She didn't know what to do, but she promised Nate that she would buy him another guitar for his birthday if he couldn't find it. She remembers Nate's goofy smile as he rubbed her head telling her he was gonna make his parents do it instead. She giggled at that memory as Nate looked over, he smiled, "What's up?"

"Oh I was just remembering the day your guitar went missing along with the music." Helen said.

Nate smiled at the memory, "Oh yeah, I remember the promise you made me that day too. You were so cute when you said it." He leaned down placing a kiss on her cheek. Helen blushed, "Damn it Nate now I can't stop blushing."

"But your blush is so cute." Nate said smiling. Helen puffed her cheeks out, "I'm trying to keep it down, but you keep doing things to make me blush."

"Of course, you do cute so many cute things like puffing your cheeks." Nate said poking her cheek. Helen frowned smacking his hand away playfully, "Stop that,"

Nate held his hand like he was seriously hurt, "Oww that hurt,"

"It did not!" Helen exclaimed.

"It did so! Why did you hit me?" Nate said giving her puppy dog eyes.

"It wasn't even that hard!" Helen said shaking her head.

Nate rubbed his hand, "Yes it was..."

Helen sighed she knew what Nate wanted her to do. She smiled, "Want me to kiss it and make it all better?" she said in a soft voice. Nate perked up as he nodded, "Yes please."

Helen giggled taking his hand as she leaned down placing a soft kiss on it. She rubbed it, "Is it better?"

Nate nodded, "Yep it's all better now."

"I'm glad, any other places you want me to make better Nate?" she whispered smiling at his intake of breath.

He kissed her cheek, "Later..." he whispered in her ear earning a small blush from Helen.

She was still blushing as their waiter showed up. He smiled recognizing Nate immediately.

"Hello Mr. Anderson. How are you today?"

Nate smiled, "Hello Ron. I'm fine it's nice to see you."

Ron smiled, "It's nice to see you too Nate. It's been far too long since I've seen you or your brothers and sisters."

Nate chuckled, "Yeah it has, but you know us we've got to be everywhere. Carla can't be away from clothes and fashion for too long. Marc can't stay off of his computer, Vergil can't put his paints away and I can't stay away from my guitar. It's quite a vicious cycle, but they're fine though."

Ron chuckled, "I'm sure it is. It's good to know that they're doing ok." He turned his smile to Helen. She noticed, with relief, that it didn't falter or change.

"My, who is this lovely lady?" Ron asked.

"This is Helen my girlfriend. Helen, this is Ron, he's the head waiter of our restaurant." Nate said noticing how she relaxed.

"Hello it's nice to meet you. Nate has told me so many things about you." Helen said shaking Ron's hand.

Ron smiled as he returned the shake, "The pleasure is all mine. Nate has told me so many things about you. You're right Nate her smile is illuminating."

Helen blushed as Nate smiled, "Isn't it." He kissed her cheek watching in amusement as she blushed lightly. Nate turned back around to Ron, "I see it's pretty full in there. Got any room for us?"

"I'm sure I can fit you in. Follow me," Ron said taking two menus from the podium as he walked inside the dining room. Helen hesitated at first, but Nate squeezed her hand giving her a reassuring smile. Helen smiled back as she walked in with Nate. She noticed the stares of many people as she walked in. Many girls, of different ethnicities, started questioning their girlfriends as many of the guys started talking. She ignored them as she held her head up high as she walked past them. Nate looked back at her as she switched in her black wedge heels. Her previous hesitation gone as she walked the way all the women in their family walked. Proud, like they owned the world with a side of sass on top of it, he loved seeing her walk like that. He could feel another part of him loved watching it too.

He bit his lip pushing down his arousal. He didn't need to get a boner now. That just wouldn't be right. As they past the table of his parents' associates Nate wrapped an arm loosely around her waist. He knew they would be talking and the news would get to his Aunt Linda, but he didn't care. Times have changed and if some people couldn't accept that then oh well.

Ron seated them at a table in the middle of the restaurant. He placed the menus down as Helen and Nate took their seats.

"Now enjoy yourselves as you take a look at our menu. The house special today is 4 cheese Rigatoni with breadsticks and your choice of soup or salad. Or you could have the couscous special or the Greek special whichever you choose. Another waiter will be here to take your order in a minute." Ron said smiling.

Helen smiled, "Thank you Ron,"

"Yeah thanks man," Nate said smiling.

Ron smiled as nodded. He turned on his heel going back to the front to welcome the other customers. A waiter walked to their table carrying two glasses of water and a basket of bread. They set the items down nodding to the both of them before walking away.

Nate took a drink before looking at the menu. He looked back up at Helen, "See now was that hard?"

Helen giggled as she shook her head, "No it wasn't, but still the stares are always weird."

"I know, but forget about that now. Tell me how is your cooking internship going?" Nate asked.

Helen smiled as Nate chuckled, "I bet you thought I was gonna forget didn't you?"

Helen blushed before nodding sheepishly. Helen is a cooking student at the International Culinary University of New York. She enrolled there against her parents' wishes. They wanted her to enroll in the International Business University of New York or study Wall Street with one of her uncles for a year or two. They weren't too happy to know that she wanted to become a chef not a realtor for the family's real estate business. Her father got over it after finding out that she's doing really well in that school. He still drops hints that she can go into business any time she likes. She thinks about doing that only after she has her culinary degree.

Her mother is still not too happy with her choice. When Helen was in high school many arguments happened between her and her mother about her choice for schools. When other members of her family found out some of them joined their mother in her crusade. Helen reached her breaking point when her Aunt Melinda hid her acceptance letter. If Lilly didn't find it Helen would be in Wall Street right now crying like all the rest of the students and investors. It was during that time that Helen found solace over at Nate's house. After a heated argument with either her mother or aunt releasing stress by killing demons in a couple of video games helped out a lot.

Now that she's already completed her four years she's now doing an internship with a restaurant specializing in French cuisine in the Upper East Side. She knows enough about the business world to help her parents out if they ever need it. Especially now with the trouble on Wall Street and the housing market which is where her family's market is in. She feels bad for the twins and Lilly since they're at home from their break at school. They have to face their parents' frustration at the falling stocks. That's something she doesn't want to face again. Her parents' attitudes are never good if something is happening to their stocks. That's when they really become critical of everyone especially Helen and her siblings.

"Well it's going good. I found a nice restaurant in the Upper East Side that specializes in French cuisine." Helen said.

"Hmm that sounds tasty." Nate said.

Helen nodded, "It is, the restaurant is called Bonne Nuit. I'm in charge of the entrees and deserts. I even put a little twist on, Cheese Soufflé, a French classic. It's actually not that bad. In the soufflé I use a different type of French cheese."

"That's awesome Helen I've been hearing about it for awhile now. I've been wondering who created that soufflé. Jake bought it one day and we shared it. It's good really good." Nate said smiling.

Helen smiled back sheepishly, "Thank you I didn't know you tried it."

Nate nodded, "Yep Jake found that restaurant one day after taking a drive around the Upper East Side. He wanted something new and interesting and not his same Chinese combo. He said that camembert in the soufflé sounded so interesting he had to try it."

"That's what many people say when they order it. I'm just glad they like it." Helen said.

"Of course, you're a good cook. I mean you got a lot of practice baking and cooking whenever you were mad. You still do that don't you?" Nate said.

Helen nodded, "When I'm not too stressed out. I just haven't done it in awhile."

Nate reached over taking Helen's hands in his own, "Try to bake next time you get stressed. I really do miss your double chocolate chip muffins. They taste better than my mom's, but don't tell her I said that."

Helen laughed knowing the reason why Nate suggested baking as a way to relieve stress. "Don't worry I won't. I should bake I haven't done that in a minute. Maybe I should make something when we get home."

"You know I love chocolate on top of chocolate Helen." Nate said flashing a seductive smile. Helen blushed lightly hitting his hand playfully, "Nate, please, we're in a restaurant."

Nate chuckled, "You're right, but I can't help myself sometimes. You're very tempting." He lifted her hand placing a small kiss on it.

Helen blushed taking her hand out of his grasp, "You've been doing that ever since you came back from France when you were 14."

Nate smiled, "It's something I learned that comes in handy."

Helen giggled shaking her head slightly, "Well, Casanova, enough about me what about you? Are you going to go on tour with that band? You know the one where you don't like the lead singer."

"You mean Lapis? With their lead singer who has a stick up his ass," Nate said narrowing his eyes at the thought.

"Yeah are you guys going to go on tour with them?" Helen asked.

Nate sighed, "Maybe I don't know. I don't really feel like dealing with David. He's a pain in the ass. He thinks he's all that just because his father is an architect and his mother is that well known interior designer Melody Howard."

"That's his mother? My mom loves her. She's the one that redid our living room." Helen said.

"Victoria would love someone like her. Melody is ok it's just her son David that's a pain. I've been thinking about it though. Because it would get us a lot of more airtime and exposure, but let me check it over with the guys." Nate said.

"Sounds good, speaking of which how are they doing?" Helen said.

Nate smiled, "Marcus is fine he's on vacation in Germany. Donald has a new girlfriend named Anita. She's ok, but sometimes I feel that she loves Donald for the publicity and fame alone. But, she's not my problem so I don't worry about it. Besides Donald is a big boy he can handle himself."

Helen noticed Nate's smile falter slightly at the mention of Donald. She cast him a worried glance, "Is everything ok between you two?"

Nate sighed as he shook his head, "No not really. I don't know what happened, but things started to change the minute he started dating that girl. Have you ever met her?"

"Um, what's her last name?" Helen asked.

"Danson,"

Helen shook her head, "No haven't met her...wait! Yes I have. She's in my cooking class. My teacher gets mad at her because she doesn't like doing all the work in the kitchen. Whenever she makes a dish it's half assed. She almost made a customer sick because she didn't feel like cooking their chicken all the way."

"That's her, I don't like her. It's just the way she acts. She's nice one minute then if you don't bend to her will she's calling you all sort of names. That's what happening now with me and poor Jakey." Nate said shaking his head as he took a sip of his water.

Helen's eyebrows rose slightly at the name of her friend, "What is she doing to Jake?"

"She's making him her errand boy when Donald's not around. She's wearing him thin to the point where he's taking sleeping pills just to go to sleep at night." Nate said glaring at his glass.

"Oh no...please tell me he's not taking Valium." Helen said.

"Valium and Ambien he's really starting to scare me. He's starting to scare Adam too." Nate said.

"Adam?" Helen said.

Nate gave Helen a mischievous smile, "Oh yeah him and Adam have grown really close since our last party and Anita's arrival. In fact the reason she's making Jake her errand boy is because she's blackmailing him."

"Why is she blackmailing him? What did he do? Why do I have a feeling that this involves Adam somehow?" Helen said raising an eyebrow.

Nate chuckled, "I can't say much because we're in public, but I will say that it does involve the person you named. What they did on the other hand I have to tell you later. I can't tell you now because some of Jake's dad associates eat here. I don't want to cause him anymore trouble."

Helen nodded she knew how Jake's dad, Ronald, treated him. He's harder on Jake than his brothers and twin sisters and doesn't approve of many things Jake does. His mother is a fashion designer and his father is CEO over a factory that makes medical equipment for different hospitals. He wanted Jake to take an interest in running the company instead of being interested in fashion. It wasn't Jake's fault that his mother took him to all her fashion shows with her. That's why they came to New York from Atlanta in the first place. What better way for his mother to work on her designs than in one of the fashion capitals in the world.

Jake's mother, Ruby, doesn't like when Ronald starts picking on Jake. She encourages Jake to follow anything his heart desires. Be it in his professional life or his personal life. Ruby is the only one out of the family, beside his twin sisters Lauren and Kathy, to know that he's bi. He knows his father would try to disown him if he found out. Not that his mother would ever let that happen.

"True, well it's good to know that everything is going good for everyone. How about you though? Are you doing ok?" Helen asked.

Nate smiled, "I'm fine, just writing a lot more songs and trying to finish our next album. Well between you and me I'm starting to look over my old drawings from high school."

"Ooo I loved those. Are you going to draw some more?" Helen asked.

Nate shrugged, "Maybe I don't know. I've been taking some business courses and learning more about our company. With the latest downturn in the Stock Market my parents wants everyone to be on high alert. Even though it bothers the hell out of us,"

"Tell me about it. My mom has us looking over our books everyday. I have to go home today and help Lilly and the boys look over our books for the umpteenth time. I wish things would get better soon. My parents are really about to lose it. You know our business is in real estate and some different investments from the side. If our real estate company goes under we'll never hear the end of it." Helen said as she sighed.

"Aww don't worry if anything goes wrong you'll know my mom will help you. My dad too they like you it's just a couple of more people on my dad's side that doesn't. But who cares what they think." Nate said smiling.

Helen smiled back, "Right and thanks Nate."I wish I could say the same about you. My parents still think it's a fling.She thought not noticing that her facial expression changed. She looked at her hands sadly trying not to think back about the argument she had with her parents before she snuck off to Nate's house. Nate noticed he cast a worried look at her, "Helen? You ok?"

Helen blinked out of her daze as she smiled at Nate, "I'm fine, don't worry Nate. I was just thinking about something that's all."

"Oh ok well if anything is wrong you know you can tell me right?" Nate said reaching over to take her hand in his.

Helen nodded, "Yes I know."

"Ok I'm just reminding you. You could say I'm a sexy PDA." Nate said smiling. He hoped it would make her smile a little. He was happy when she did.

Helen giggled, "Oh you are huh. I didn't know PDAs could be sexy."

"They are that's why they keep making new models so it can be sexy." Nate said.

Helen laughed, "Why would anyone want a sexy machine?"

"Because when someone, like take yourself for instance, is sexy it only make sense that you would have a sexy machine to go along with you." Nate said in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh I didn't know that. Well I'm happy I have such a sexy PDA like you." Helen said smiling.

"I'm happy I have a sexy one like you too." Nate said smiling.Good she's not sad anymore. I don't like when she becomes sad like that. Something happened, but she's keeping it from me like usual. I'll find out, but I hope it's nothing too bad.Nate thought flashing Helen another smile. Helen smiled back as she squeezed his hand softly.