All Comments on 'Poor Hunter'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments (Page 2)
Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

You keep spelling through as thru, that's a big no no in prose, after all it's not text speak, but a story you are trying to write.

I implore you, please fix it and never do it again

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Funny

This should be in the humour category... I was laughing my ass off

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ABSOLUTELY

...one of the great ones.

Vapidous Lookatus. Ha! How'd you come up with that? As well as the other great statistics, lines, ideas and wirricisms? A genius and a comedian rolled into one.

Paul in Oklahoma

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Thanks

For the fun. Five stars plus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Steelers?

There are no Steelers in Pittsburg. Steelers are in Pittsburgh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I

I admire your humour!! That is at a 5 star level!

timrivtimrivalmost 6 years ago

Not bad, not bad at all. 😃

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 6 years ago
Because at heart I am a 12 year old boy.

I love snappy dialogue and will forgive a lot in a movie or story if it entertains my inner adolescent. This was my second read through of this story and it still made me laugh, so it gets a lot of forgiveness, even if it doesn't need much.

That cpete was going for the oblivious straight man routine was a given and playing every response for laughs must have been fun, but I doubt your average Aspie would give such deadly appropriate comedic comebacks every time.

Of course, in the tradition of Blazing Saddle or The Naked Gun, you don't give the audience time to groan before you hit 'em with another one. Mel Brooks would approve, probably.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
funny as 5*

logic and indifference are the key to all the best vacuous wife stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Get your facts straight

Funny story, even when you "borrowed" as scene from the Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon and Amy had their first date. ("Do you consider yourself a slut?" was Amy's line about PEnny after Sheldon calcuted pretty much like your character the amount of men she slept with)

The word vegetarian, coined by the founders of the British Vegetarian Society in 1842, comes from the Latin word vegetus, meaning "whole, sound, fresh, or lively," as in **** vegetus-a mentally and physically vigorous person. The original meaning of the word implies a balanced philosophical and moral sense of life, a lot more than just a diet of vegetables and fruits.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very good

I got lost in that story. It was that good. Reading Anthony was a lot of fun. Dawn was such a lefty twit that she was fun too. Just a really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pretty funny stuff

I would have preferred that Dawn got screwed in the divorce since the pictures of her infidelity were everywhere. How could his lawyer lose? And just because he doesn't think he needs money, his kids do. This could have been a lot better.

cyferxcyferxover 4 years ago
You screwed up the literalism

Many times. There was quite a lot of use of metaphors like "over the moon" etc. That he not only understood but used himself. The whole point of aspie literalism is that they don't get metaphors. Since you slung them all over the place with nary a care, the suspension of belief was nigh impossible. He just became another wisecracker like all your MCs. Missed in this one. 2*

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
A story where cheating slut is funny

Caught and he doesn't give a shit

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I liked it!

There were some great lines in this story. That was fun!

tanglosaxtanglosaxabout 4 years ago

The anon comments

Is it true that you must be devoid of a sense of humor to be allowed to post as an anon on Lit? In this story, the Yogi Berra quotes alone are worth the price of admission (ok, my little joke there). Seriously, Cpete, you are a great Lit author, and I love to read, and sometimes reread, your stories. Tanglosax

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Ok...

Did not like that the slut wife got all the money and lifetime alimony...

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 4 years ago
People get too hung up on picking a story apart

You entertained me. 3rd read, still 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Aspergers is not a mental disease it is a collection name for people who have development issues and further more the only docters in the world who would put you in the catagory aspergers are american's proberly so the can sell some more drugs

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Loved it, another 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I do not give 5s

Wait I think I did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Two stars

Got half way through and gave up. Felt like I was reading a transcript from Fox News.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

It is hard enough to write from a person's point of view. It is incredible if the spokesperson is so out of normal experiences. It reminds me of Faulkner

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Hilarious

Very good and funny, while giving insight behind the witty comments. 5*

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Reading again

A very good story with a better than happy ending. I enjoyed it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Then versus Than

Mr. T should have caught that

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago
Humorous:)

Very good I loved his aspie story. There is another one on LIT called Love in the Age of Chemicals it is rated highly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
My problem with this mess?

Is that even a lousy attorney cleans her clock when they divorce. He has solid evidence that she abandoned him and the kids and was carrying on an affair. No walking away from that. So your portrayal of his losing in Court was ludicrous. As was the ending. A complete fool could have and would have sunk Dawn's boat and her 15 seconds of fame in a heartbeat. Even for a fictional story this was just too unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1. "Time is relative" means that it DOES speed up or down in the reference frames of moving observers, or for observers stationary in a gravity field. Exactly the opposite of what you say. The only thing that doesn't change is the speed of light. I suppose the "time" you refer to is of the "perceived" kind, but this has nothing to do with relativity and clocks...

2. The rest mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2) has ablolutely nothing to do with chemical detonations in which energy comes from a chemical reactions AND NOT from the conversion of matter to photons (energy).

You may say... so what, this is just a story. True, but then your blunders are really hilarious and not in a good sense. Just try to write things you really understand...

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

Really Good. I loved it

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have the talent ,why you stopped writing?.? This story was good but the divorce facts were so wrong.she abandoned the family and was a whore. Now way she would get all you wrote in the story for here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful.

"The last 1% are the nonperforming deadwood. Historical Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes, also; trust fund babies, second generation CEOs and most political leaders who hold office past eight years."

Your mc is consistent, entirely believable, and scintillating throughout.

Thank you very, very much.

LWlurker

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

You have a couple of nice quotes. Good story.

Thanks.

RazorFishRazorFishover 2 years ago

Wow what a great read!

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Wonderful. Clever. Well-written. 5 stars.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Very

Very good story,quite amusing in parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story but with a moron as a lawyer he would have gotten much more from the twit than described.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955almost 2 years ago

Good story. It will keep me reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sheldon comes to life. Nicely done. TC Ireland

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 1 year ago

Not bad and some moments of humor. A solid four stars.

Pickles7287Pickles7287over 1 year ago

Absolutely hilarious. Definitely 5 star.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I read it again and I am still enjoying it. The author turned a rather sad story into something downright funny on the last page with a bunch of memorable lines. Great effort!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I heard this entire story in Sheldon’s voice. Good job. Clearly fiction, but I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

WONDERFUL STORY< 10 stars. Even without benefit of paperwork, Janet has a husband, daughter and another son. A LOVING FAMILY! Besides that, it's really FUNNY!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful!

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDay10 months ago

"Somewhere a village is looking for its idiot,"

Worth the read for this line alone! 🤣

PartlyPartly10 months ago

Very much enjoyed this story. And I completely agree with ZippityDoDaDay below. That line was priceless

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

like most of your stories,well done...4stars... JZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

somewhere a village is looking for its idiot LOL

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

One of the most heartfelt stories written in LW

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

Really liked the story but dam it was hard to read when Anthony dove off into his Asperger's response. I know it was the nature of the story, but it was also exasperating having to slow the story down. Still gets four stars and a thanks.

Bham487Bham4878 months ago

Decent story but great main character. Love his little factoids!

StubbyoneStubbyone8 months ago

Incredibly clever story line. I loved the character development. His statements and comebacks were priceless. A really great piece of writing. An easy 5-😊😊😊😊😊’s

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Janet was priceless...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Easy five stars. I almost fainted when he gave his retort about the paternal parentage of one of the guys.....

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hehe great dialog. Dawn was a head case. Janet was awesome.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Haha 5 stars, and that just for the phone dialog with the attorney-bastard.

I really laughed to tears.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliant writing. Thank you for a hard to write refreshing story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story, CP, thanks for sharing. Some absolutely brilliant “unintentional” zingers that cracked me up. Very well written, thanks again for a great read. 5 stars. ✨ ✨✨✨✨

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous