All Comments on 'Power Play'

by virtualatheist

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Unbelievable!

A loving wife that truly is a loving wife! I'm flabbergasted! 5 stars for a well-crafted tale. Well-paced, reasonably tense, characters you can related to, if not empathize with... looking forward to more from you, sir!

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
What a fun read

What a refreshing change from the bed wetter stories and the BTB ravings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
At first I thought: "Oh Christ, Not Another Silly Blackmail Cliche?!?"

Yes, my eyes were rolling in the back of my skull, with thoughts of abandoning this read. Luckily, the strength of your writing made me see it through. I suppose 4 pages didn't leave enough room for the blackmail part of the plot to drag on too long. I was glad you sent the message that it is much better to confront a blackmailer rather than succomb to their threats. I get it, that you had to have Toffee make some mistakes. This was needed for the tension to fully develop. But, rather than celebrate 'wimpyness', you show how easy you can short-circuit a blackmailer through the use of direct confrontation. OK, was the revenge part a little contrived? Maybe, but I found it actually helped in your strong characterization of Angela. I enjoyed her chance to prove herself as the described 'Valkyrie'. Angela was really the best character here, and helped to make this an enjoyable read.

I have found that regardless of the category, I have really been enjoying your stories. Thanks for your contributions. While they never may be considered highbrow literary efforts, they CERTAINLY are exactly what this site needs and what I bet MOST folks are here looking for. Keep it up, and I will be looking forward to the next!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Silly fun

Not the literary platinum standard and dime width research on legal shenanigans but the blackmail scenes were a carnal carnival. Toffee seems like a more able cocksman then barrister. Ah well.

m1a1m1a1over 9 years ago
sorry

Could not get past the second page,way to over the top tryin to make this guy toffee a wimp and gloriea a bitch,,,,no vote bevause I could not finish it

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
That is what love is about....

That is what love is about....To fight always for the person we love!!! Good story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Funny story and entertaining to boot!

The only decent story in a dismal day in the LW section. Well written. I think most men would love to have a wife like her. Just don't piss her off! LOL! Keep writing.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Well done.

Didn't see the twist coming and really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good story, fun...

Liked the story and the twist...

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY PLAN TO DECEIVE

but forget about the spider web. it traps friend or foe. TK U MLJ LV NV

walkerlongwalkerlongover 9 years ago
nice twist

The twist at the end was fun. You did a good job creating a villain. She was so nasty it was gratifying to see her get what she deserved. Too many changes in point of view for my taste however.

WriteOnGuyWriteOnGuyover 9 years ago
Bravo!

I'm voting with the crowd that thought this was a really good story and a refreshing change from the usual LW fare. However, there were a couple of curious things (minor nits) that almost threw me out of the story at the beginning: 1st. Bologna sandwich and mineral water? Was this a joke? Do upper class Brits actually eat baloney? 2nd. He is humping his wife doggy style over the breakfast bar and his prick is rubbing up against her clit at the same time? Couldn't visualize that one.

IMHO it might have been better if it was a Virginia ham sandwich and the very skillful use of his finger. Anyhow, as I said, a really good story. I really enjoyed it. Please, Write On.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm going to have to go back and finish it now

After reading the comments. I could not get past a supposedly sharp minded fellow being so stupid as to not share what was going on with his wife, and stopped reading. Only bad could come from that decision, in a case such as this, and it seems pretty obvious. Perhaps I've misjudged the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The way it should be

Having a good (or, not so good) wife, as the case may be; that has your back & will take on hell itself to protect what is her's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The plot is too lame to be enjoyable. Blackmail over a processing error? Really?

No, not really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A strong wife who protected her man,now that is a twist for this site

Well done tale of a wife protecting her man. From a total bitch who was on a power trip. Now doing time because she was out played.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Damsel in Distrress - not!

I like strong, smart women and this wife qualifies. Nice to have the woman rescue the man for a change. Perp got her happy ending ha ha. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hello

Even though I am a republican, all politicians are sorry and all work for the crooked bankers.. I like stories and music to relax, and I dont want to hear about politics. Thats the only way that people who feel little about theirselves can feel big. And I could care less what another thinks if we come from Nothing or from tadpoles.But I dont like storytellers, or singers that keep on keeping on to advertize or gripe about republicans or democrats or Christians or Atheists. I could care less what the authors nickname is. a one star vote from me every time every time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hello

Another Anonymous commentator wrote: ".....And I could care less what another thinks if we come from Nothing or from tadpoles.But I dont like storytellers, or singers ......" What? This story has nothing to do with these comment. Did I miss something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GREAT TWIST AND TURN STORY WITH SEX

Most stories on Literoitica have no plot. It is all the same mindless sex. This story has a great plot, great surprise ending sprinkled with some sex.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
YES!

My kind of women!

Great story, fun to read, and good triumphs evil!

Just doesn't get any better, keep'em coming!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Sweet twist

Thank you, I enjoyed reading this, seeing a total bitch eat dirt warms the cockles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

Liked the story. You are right in your note. His error was minor and no doubt easily rectified. He should have had local counsel who should have been on top of things like filing dates. For a hot shot lawyer especially one who practiced criminal law he wasn't too bright. The next day when he spoke to her he should have recorded the conversation, get the black mail on tape. His mistake would have been excused as Gloria covered it and she would have been arrested or at the very least fired. But then it would not have been an entertaining story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2* s

First time fail for virtualatheist. 2*s .

Unoriginal plot , predictable characters , insipid dialogue. Instead of the husband being a former 'seal' , martial artists , and computer expert. It was the wife who was a burglary expert , proficient at buying drugs, and expert safecracker !

Jeez , I was very disappointed.

Everyone has times when substandard stories get posted. It is not so serious.

Look forward to the next post virtualatheist.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
0 stars

Writer acknowledges lack of legal prowess. Should also acknowledge lack of talent and sexual understanding.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

a completely stupid husband, but a good tale nevertheless. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An interesting idea.....

.....and, sadly, pretty poorly written, in the technical sense of the word.

Your Americans sounded like anything but Americans, there were too many partial sentences, too many problems with spelling, grammar, person and number, too many really atrocious problems to be anything but hastily written, poorly edited, if edited at all, and a real rough job.

Too bad I liked the story so much.....the presentation killed it for me.....bub.

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
Very interesting entertainment.

Interesting tale with fun characters. If the author wanted to improve the story, I felt that Angela and Gloria could've used more face-time. Again, thanks for a five stars tale.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Nice

A loving wife coming to the rescue of her naïve husband against a diabolical bitch. And they lived happily ever after. Does not get much better than this.

Five Stars

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Toffee too stupid to be credible

There's no way that someone with his experience would not realize that blackmail is a far worse offense than even a seriousq work error (for that matter, Gloria should also have known this, but obsessed, evil people often ignore such things because they think they're too smart to get caught).

Could have worked if it had been told from Gloria's POV as she revels in her abuses of Toffee, only to discover at the end that he had gone right to their bosses and to his wife at the beginning and everything that had happened between them had been planned to bring her down, with Angie's burglary an added trick of her own. This being Literotica's Loving Wives, why wouldn't a truly loving wife with a shady past tell her faithful hubby to go ahead and shag the blackmailing bitch to set her up for a fall?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
LITERARY DEVICE ACCOMPLISHED THE INTENDED GOAL

I live in Nevada but that matters very little to my response. This subtle timing difference ploy has been used in three films, TV series and books I've read or viewed in my life. Simply moves the story forward or adds to the plot.

I enjoyed your story and appreciate you taking the time to write for us.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

I've enjoyed most of your writing as well as this tale. I don't know diddly about law terms except, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Duh! Cheers!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
One of the skills used in personal combat

is turning the actions of the opponent against them. Another is knowing your enemy. Gloria failed in both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I dont give a damn rat's ass what your religion is. I dont believe in Mormans, but they are good people. I dont advertise my beliefs, so why should you? Viryualatheist, why dont you get a life & worry about your own problems, & quit worry about what others think of what you believe in. Do you understand, nobody gives a damn what you believe in, keep it to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
started off on the wrong foot

Toffee was described as a top quality defense lawyer.

Why would a law firm in another country hire him for corporate law?

If they wanted an expert in corporate law from his country they would hire a corporate lawyer from there.

If you needed an expert in eye surgery would you hire the best foot doctor you could find or the best eye doctor?

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Nicely done

For a while there I was super irritated by the humiliation being passed out and admit that I was surprised with the counter blow. One thing, is that as always, you are better off explaining to your bosses what error you made and thus putting the blackmailer in an unpleasant light.

FabGMxFabGMxalmost 7 years ago
Well that was different, in a good way.

Not very much to say, others had already pointed some of the "shortcomings". However since the story its a complete reverseal of the genre, it make sense thats Piers its somewhat an innocent and trapped fool, and the wife was the one that dirty her hands to get rid of the problem, maybe that Angie was very close to mop the floor with his ass was a bit too much however.

Nevertheless i agree, that she was a genuine Loving Wife, the real deal and the cartoonish parodie that pollute in this section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A fun read.

An entertaining gender inversion of the blackmailed wife trope. Sadly a dumb-assed husband is no more likeable than a dumb-assed wife when failing to realise the true scale of their loss vs compliance with blackmail but I accept it was a necessary part of the setup and the twist, right out of left field was top notch.

Great job.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

Enjoyable story! Nice to see an intelligent, loyal wife saving the husband for a change.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Thatbworks!

Good to see a story about a strong wife who saves a slightly wimpy husband from a predatory bitch. Nice touch making the wife an ex client instead of colleague. Why can't LW's blackmailed wives confess and let the husband help them? This wife saved her husband after his confession. Brutal burn on the pretty bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Angela fucked up.

Gloria will spend hardly anytime behind bars. And when she gets out, she'll have nothing to lose. Which makes her the worst kind of enemy. I don't think telling Gloria that Angela was responsible for her problems was very smart. Now Gloria knows more about her enemy. Angela had better watch her back. Because Gloria will be after more than some jail time as revenge. There were some other mistakes in this but overall, it was okay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Angela fucked up?

After becoming the love interest of some lesbian tough intern I think the only safe way for Gloria is commiting suicide

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice, Just A Bloody Nice

Job. I wonder if there are any women named Spike or Bubba where Gloria's going to be for a while? Good to see there was a wife with big brass balls to save the marriage instead of the other kind who just throw it away. I suspicion this incident will just make the marriage damn near bullet proof. Yes he was just a bit wimpy, yes he should have told Angela at the beginning of the trouble but he was certainly afraid for his wife when Gloria threatened him with other men going after her. Angela was strong enough for both when it counted, being a burglar was a nice touch. Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

Another blackmail story, but this time it's the husband. Who knew the air was a London burglar who would save the day. Really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Immature, ostensibly annoying.

This was one of the worst stories I have ever read. The writing is below high school standard. The story was so lame and bizarre. I need to cleanse my mind by reading something better.

phill1cphill1cabout 3 years ago

Any man letting himself be called Toffee deserves what he gets!! I'm tempted to go over there and screw his wife myself!! but I'd be worried I'd 'lose' my wallet...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story with an equally great ending more stories please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, although Gloria didn't deserve the least word. Thank you.

TheOldStudTheOldStudover 1 year ago

Fantastic, FINISHED story!!! The part about Angie's past was brilliant...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Nice role reversal. My only nagging issue is the legal blackmail seemed weak. There is no way he goes to.jail for making a mistake. Proving malfeasance or malpractice is extremely hard, not to mention he is a lawyer and can readily comport himself during an inquiry or indictment, etc. He would in no way lose his license to practice law. Lol in America, it take a lot to.get disbarred. A mistake in interpreting deadline on a counter motion filing is most definitely not grounds for disbarment. So before he dines at Gloria's Y, the only leverage she has is that he loses his job and gets fired, possibly, or demoted or stuck as a junior partner (more likely). If she had stuck to the blackmail for doing some of her caseload and getting glowing report to make partner for her, he might have taken that swap in order to protect his job. But when she got greedy and the power trip and the forced sex (blackmail sex is rape), there simply is not enough leverage. Not to mention, as a lawyer he would know how to get reverse leverage on her by how she kept talking about the blackmail. Honestly doesn't have to be admissible in court to get her fired and blacked ball. So if she destroys him when she pushes too far, then he burns her. But he comes off as kind of naive and soft, so he needs his.wofe with her criminal past to save him. His white knight errr valkyrie!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A true loving wife who had to protect her hapless, naive husband from some weak blackmail. Still quite entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ange was great. She made the story. 5 stars.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter6 months ago

Yes, of course he was an experienced and highly paid lawyer who, in real life, would never have fallen for the bitch’s trap, but it made for a good tale, and Angie was well worth the weak spots.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous