Power Play

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Angela's smile was far from warm, "You know, Toffee made a couple of mistakes. The first was that technical legalese shit that I won't pretend to understand. The other was not coming to me when this all started. Because then I could have dealt with you and saved him a lot of pain," the smile left her face, "You know, even with all of his experience dealing with criminals back in London and now working with corporate sharks here in New York, he is still something of an innocent. I am not!"

"Okay, I get it."

Angela fixed Gloria with an unfriendly flat stare, "But your mistake was worse, and much more costly."

"What mistake?"

"Thinking you were a worse bitch then me!" spat Angela, "You need to understand something. My world begins and ends with Piers Toffington-Smythe and I'm willing to do anything... ANYTHING to protect him. Remember, I never picked you for an enemy... You selected me, and when you did, you fucked up."

She stood up and glanced around the room before returning her eyes to Gloria, "As you are now finding out."

Angela turned to leave when another thought occurred to her, "And another thing Gloria. I wouldn't start playing your little games in here. The women inside aren't as lenient as I am. You just be a good girl and you'll be fine. Shouldn't be too bad for you here, a pretty young thing like you will be very popular."

Angela stood up and strode away without a backward glance. Gloria could do nothing except watch her leave and murmur, "What a fucking bitch."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author Note

Before any American legal eagles point out that Toffee's mistake was barely a mistake, I know that. Not being legally trained I took advice from a friend who is well versed in American law, and who gave me the idea. It was just a literary device people, let's not get hard ons about it :-)