All Comments on 'PTA'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

one star .

well deserved

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

People saying "No way this could happen" - well I personally know of at least 2 cases where exactly this happened. People got divorced, for over 10 years, even had other relationships (including a marriage) and then ended right back up with their first wife/husband. For a lot of people, time really does heal all wounds and it's hard to completely let go of a love that you held for a really, really long time. That being said, personally I felt that while well written, this was a pretty weak storyline. The problem with these types of LW stories is that they're very formulaic, there's only so many ways you can present "my wife cheated... and then" so they need a good hook. This one was pretty ordinary.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The story was entertaining, but unrealistic. No way he would have let Dana back in his life. And the first thing she would have done after the divorce, is to find another husband, to rub her exes face in it. I also do not believe that the “ hot teacher” would have just fell for him like that. Gave the story 3 stars, as it was entertaining...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwn

oldpantythiefoldpantythief7 months ago

Seems like the MC tried and found his wife guilty before he had any proof. After meeting Gianna he was just in to much of a hurry to dump Dana no matter her guilt or innocence. The ending was just too corny, why would the school have her address and even think she lived at that address after all the years? I think Luke just need something to keep his dick warm at the end. There were some more points I was going to make, but the story just ran on and on until I forgot them. It would have been better if the story had been much shorter. I can only give this one three stars at the most.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well he ended up being rather pathetic.

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[10.09.23]

Good Story!

Surprised no previous comments about the Heart (band) reference with Ann Wilson and thier (arguably) most well known song 'Barracuda'.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Let's add it up.

Divorce paperwork oh car parts more important.

Teacher WOW. Totally lust/love. Wife?!

Years to get over it or until next time I see teach!

No wonder didn't see it coming not trust issues But car first, second daughter and maybe third for wife. Had to quit reading when he was so broken up he fell in love

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Umm I disagree. This was pretty formulaic and contrived. Dana's reason for cheating with Chuck was inane and came in as a brainless afterthought. Heck she was going to end it because see she thought her husband was suspicious but can't wait a 7-10 days and goes back again? Not that it really mattered. He was done with her anyways. The whole instant love with Gianna was contrived and a bit silly. Even more unrealistic was how Sasha acted as a 10 year old. Supposedly Dan's was acting strange for 2 months, but Sasha acted as if this was true for years and was ready to cut and fish bait, enamored with Gianna also. Huh? Plus some of her dialog with Dana was more like a 16 year old vs a 10 year old. Of course then gets his revenge on Chuck the asshole and his wife. And before she couldn't handle 7-10 days with no sex, getting the rough nasty with Chuck 1-2 times a week and the slow love making with her husband. But then post divorce it sounds like she saw little sex across 20 years. How did that work out for you Dana? Lost your husband, daughter, job, home, and sex (for the most part), and had to wait 20 years. Relationship with daughter never really mended. Became good friends with Gianna. Moved back in with ex husband after Gianna's sudden death and got back to friend with benefits. For what some mediocre sex 1-2 times a week for possibly 8 weeks. Booyah! While she claimed it wad only sex, it was pretty clear Chuck was inferior, it wss just the need to be desired and feel attractive and having Chukc be rough with her. Huh? And for those enamored with the master two pages and the (partial) reconciliation after 20 years, read any of a number of story's by Mainefiddlehands. Those stories are far superior imho.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of his best efforts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enough here for a 4/6. Ending great and old Western references the best. I was looking to a character named “ The Virginian”…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Um yup I’ve known her for two weeks and spent an amazing 5 hours with her and the whole time I’m having my guts ripped out so I must be in love. And while I’m rubbing my hand because it’s sore from putting the dog down I’ll declare my upcoming nuptials before I’ve even asked.. way too rushed but otherwise we’ll done. I realize the story wasn’t about the new life but the whole life. Thanks for sharing.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

Gianna was too convenient. A big so what to the betrayal of his wife since he had Gianna.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Far

Far too predictable.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

His Wife works overtime every night and has PTA every Wednesday. Why do you need a PI for that surely you can follow your Wife for one night? It's not like she's 007 or Jason Bourne🤓

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Plot is by rote. The character names are a nice hook.

By your themes I learn more about sex, infidelity, and divorce proceedings now that before I was married.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Geeze people its a FICTION story comes from the far reaches of the authors mind. I dont think its ment to b anything bit a story free story at that how bout a little appreciatiion for the hard work n time put in to it. I enjoyed it n appreciate ur time n hard work. Thanks

MehntalityMehntalityover 1 year ago

The previous commenter said it perfectly, I completely agree. The first half of the story was unrealistic and didn't paint anyone in a good light though the pages after the divorce were pretty unique and enjoyable.

.

The only thing I would add is that the daughter was pretty shitty as well. She actively supported a burgeoning relationship between her dad and her teacher before ever knowing her mother had cheated and while her parents were still married. If there was a history of poor treatment, I could maybe understand, but there was no indication of that in her backstory.

.

Lastly, the time frame of the new romance is pretty ridiculous. The teacher pursued a married man and they basically got married before the ink was dry on the divorce papers. All the author had to do was give it a few months before a new relationship was formed for us to be on the MCs side. As it stands, he's pretty much a douchebag too.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

This story started awful. A husband finds out his wife cheating on him and immediately falls in love with another woman. Even before the divorce papers are served he intents to marry the other woman and the other woman, without waiting for him to (maybe) reconcile with his wife or divorce her, states a clame on him.

A 10 years old daughter ignores her mother and adapts the other woman. WTF?

The only thing unique in the story is the death of the second wife and the reconciliation with the first one. That and a few humorous paragraphs.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
You

You make Giana out to be some sort of Saint when she was a slut making a play for a married man.Also,why on earth would Dana be asked to join the PTA,she has no connection with the school?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your story is realistic, except for the short "I'm over it phase". Sometimes life gets complicated way beyond normal limits, and you find yourself, over the years, in a position where normal rules, guidelines, and what's right no longer have much meaning. Your story is an example of that. Well done.

JRandyJJRandyJalmost 2 years ago

The character names bring back fond memories of television shows with real meaning. Not this shit on the air today. I do wonder where Hoss was. I have a 44-40 lever action replica of the Rifleman's rifle. Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One star because you killed Gianna, otherwise it was 4/5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice! Two love stories rolled into one. Thanks for the tale.

Ed

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

I really liked this one. Complete story beginning middle and end. I feel bad for some in the comments who can’t find forgiveness or at least reconciliation. it’s probably because they never had the chance in their lives. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Gianna

I don't care how awe--, beautiful, gorgeous, etc no happily married spouse would care. Thunderstruck etc bullshit!!! Know too many couples married to 40 years and longer. Happy!! Fight yes but handle it! When one dies the other shortly later. Communication big key. Parents go to PTA meetings together if at all possible. We did till kids finished.

Why read these stories? Keep me entertained how society has changed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice references Rifleman and Bonanza, Liked the flo without adolescent hissy fits. Could have used one really hot, descriptive sex scene with Gianna. After all the descriptive body features we deserved one. Also PTA reference at end was classic irony.. Have read several of your stories and found them unique. Good job. BTRH

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Join the PTA. That was a brilliant line

jflindersjflindersover 2 years ago

This is a bad story that was a good story until the ending.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

This is a good story about infidelity and divorce. Something one comes to expect from this category of stories. However, the RAAC ending took away from the story. He should have thrown out his ex-wife, who is in his house without permission, when he first saw her there after Gianna's passing. Even if it meant calling the police. It seemed to me that the reconciliation between Dana and Luke came about too easily. I would liked to have seen more pathos, before they got back together. Just my thoughts, for what they are worth.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what was the point

should have just said they had 20yrs vacation time apart

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

It was going great until it hit that massively cliched paragraph that included this "Then we're supposed to work our way towards getting back together with the clear understanding that I love you but you're not enough for me. So occasionally I'll take a lover and you won't find out, or you'll pretend that you don't know, because you don't want us to go through the pain of almost losing each other again. Maybe you'll take one too, but it's supposed to just be sex."

See the issue is when a story has a fairly realistic feel to it, and then something thats about as real as a Unicorn of a MAGA member with more than a single digit IQ gets thrown into the mix it grinds the ride to a halt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I realize that you cover a bunch of time, but, even many of the cut scenes in your reader's digest version of your story seemed glossed over and 1 dimensional.

If you are writing scenes linked by summary you need to up the description and depth on the scenes, otherwise the flow of the summary will just carry into the scenes and you will end up with a luke-warm oatmeal of a story.

DGHear2DGHear2over 2 years ago

another good one

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a really boring story. I skipped through the last three pages. Do LW authors ever have original storyline? This one was so cliche. The husband had given up on his marriage before he knew the wife was cheating. Then, of course, he conveniently finds a better replacement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Gina was wrong to begin pursuing the MC before he had even filed for divorce. It is not surprising that she died young. Karma truly is a bitch.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Definitely a different type of a cheating slut getting burned and kicked to the curb story then as her husband marries Gianna a loving and better looking woman for 20 years, then sadly she dies and out of the blue Dana moves back in because Gianna told her that if anything ever happened to her she had to promise and take care of Luke which she did and then they grew old together. What a twisted tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's really fascinating how many readers base their entire response to a story on how badly the cheater gets treated. Story line: nah. Character development: who cares. Humor: bs. An author can easily achieve a 5.0 with just two sentences:

She cheated. She got burned.

Do one every few months and they'd never notice. Nobody else would take it seriously enough to vote: 5.0!

LWlurker

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

That really is an interesting ending. One wife with a big heart and one wife redeemed. Not a bad score. As for the character names, I laughed all the way through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Really?

You took your character names from old TV shows. Couldn't you think of any names on your own?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Ruined it with the cuck ending

Wimp took her back .

Pathetic

1*

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Why

Why would Dana get an invitation to join the PTA,she has no children there or any connection what so ever with the school?.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Read it a second time. Dana shouldn't have been let back in his bed. That just makes him nothing but a pussy and diminishes Gianna' s place in his life. Still just 1 star.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Second time

This is a great story. It was even better the second time through. Too bad he lost Gianna, but they had a good time. Dana ended up in a better place than she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What makes most of these cheating wives stories unreal it that as soon as the husband suspects his wife of cheating on him he never confronts her straightaway. This story is a typical example. Luke found out that the PTA meetings didn't happen on the day that Dana was claiming to be going to them.

Any normal husband would immediately pull his wife up on that and ask her straight out what she is doing on the days she claims to be at a PTA meeting. He wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that she was cheating and go out an hire a PI to follow her.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

1 star because you allowed the cheating whore back in his life again.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Generally love your stuff but this ""I've spoken to several of my friends, who're divorced," she said. "You're supposed to have gotten angry, at me and fought over me. Then we're supposed to argue over everything including custody of Sasha. Then you're supposed to move out and into a shitty little apartment. You're supposed to be miserable and lonely. And When I feel like it I'm supposed to offer you a mercy fuck or two. Then we're supposed to work our way towards getting back together with the clear understanding that I love you but you're not enough for me. So occasionally I'll take a lover and you won't find out, or you'll pretend that you don't know, because you don't want us to go through the pain of almost losing each other again. Maybe you'll take one too, but it's supposed to just be sex." She was crying now."

is the same tried and true, well worn out drivel spewed by the wives in LW's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

Loved the ending .. The PTA letter was a Classic

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
You never cease to amaze......

I love your stories, and they keep getting better. It just shows you that when you think it's over, it may not be. And all the y- genes are really dumb. But we try. 8 stars because there is a Mustang. You really can write a good story. The Bear approves.

The BEAR

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Wow!

The Rifleman meets Bonanza.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fun Story Until.....

The ending of the story ruined it. Up until then, it was a fun ride (in a Mustang), but killing off the second wife and having a reconciliation with the first wife after 20 years was horrible.

TorgauTorgauover 3 years ago

The ending sucked.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
Its funny

she waited 20 years to the love back

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Dana got a new job

She now works at sluts R Us

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Pretty good story

Good start but in the end he became a dickless Wonder

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Do a YouTube search

Find the Hop Sing comment by “Little Joe” on a talk show. Maybe Carson

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Well

I found the names hilarious. Enjoyed the story and laughed at the PTA gag. Fun little tale and you can’t say she didn’t pay her dues.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 4 years ago
Way too many old TV show namers.

Lucas McCain = The Rifleman

Hop Sing = Hired hand on Bonanza

Joe Cartwright = Son on Bonanza

One star was generous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nope

Giving in means she wins. Get breakfast at ihop.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Dana talked about how her DIVORCED friends said it was supposed to go. But those friends were divorced, they weren't married with lovers on the side.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Awful.

He never started a family with Gianna just so she could be killed off for a reconciliation with the whore. What a load of shite.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good one

I enjoyed this. one. Stupid wife cheats for no reason. He catches her and she's gone, just that quickly. Exactly as it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Young Lucas McCain

Played 1st base I believe for the Angels till he discovered acting was easier than being the tallest guy in baseball giving him about the biggest strike zone trying to hit a fast ball. Little Joe became a controlling asshole behind the scenes. Screw the other comments, I thought the BTB and then years later the Rec were both earned, it worked for them, it worked for me. Signed: BTW

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
one of your better ones

yes you are still getting reviews lol this was a good story and if they do have to reconcile, at least the wife was truly repentant

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good story and several memorable quotes.

One of my favorites is: "Every time I call Sasha, she asks me what I want. When I tell her I just want to spend time with her, she asks me why. I lost my Husband, my best friend, my lover, my daughter, my home, my marriage, my future and the man I wanted to grow old with for a stupid fling." That pretty much sums up what an affair is worth.

My only complaint is that he fell in love way too fast to be believed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOL! 1 star

For the WIMP story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorchak

Except it's not set in Canada, though, is it? And He deserves better than this shitty ending with Dana again -_-

SorchakSorchakover 5 years ago
Common-law

Had this been set in Canada, they'd be considered in a common-law marriage after one year of living and screwing together. So guess what, Luke old buddy? You ARE legally bound to her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another Lousy Offering From the Man Who Thinks a Mustang is a Good Car.

One star for its absurdity! But what can we expect from a guy who was stupid enough to go to a school (university of michigan) that was dumb enough to teach The University of Notre Dame du Lac how to play football? (Two games in 1885--Notre Dame asked them to come teach ND about this new game, and had michigan pay its own way to and from ND!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
RAAC Cuckmeister General

You really love fucking with all the decent characters in your stories. The sun shines out of every whore's ass that you write about. They can be the most vindictive, scheming, even murderous whores out there a d you'll kill off/hurt the genuinely nice women out there to give them their undeserved happy endings. Matt Moreau, King Cuck himself, would be so proud. Maybe give him a few blowjobs in your Mustang so he can give you tips on being a bigger fucking douchecuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
At least she was not your usual psycho bitch sociopath cunt.

Closer to reality than any of your other stories I read. I didn't lik eyou killing the good girl to get him back with the cheating cunt, but this was not a RAAC

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
Not up to your usual fine writing!

You killed off the heroin for no good reason—unless you just want to square the circle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* yeah , this was terrible .

you just couldnt allow the man to escape from his whore .

you HAD to drag that skank back into his lafe .

i swear you MUST be a female .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bullshit

You have to be a splittail. No man wo u ld ever write this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You had me until....

he got back with the whore!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
EEH-HARR THIS STORY IS FANTASTIC

She-it man! Loved the story! Very sad when Gianna died (horrible way to die REALLY SUCKS YOU KNOW) GOOD BUT NOT GREAT ENDING? PLEEEEEEEEEZE MR STANG STAR 06' I KNOW THAT THIS WAS WRITTEN YESTERYEAR COULD YOU PLEASE WRITE AN ALTERNATE ENDING FOR US SAD SACKS! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! GREG OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
another one??????????

Jeez, how many great stories can you write? Really liked this one. Life isn't black and white and time helps heal a lot of wounds. Thanks for your hard work and time. Tom

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Story

A good story but sad in a way. She finally got her true love back after 20 years and only because of the death of Gianna I would have liked for it to have a really happy ending with Luke and Gianna living to. a ripe old age and Dana finding a nice man and have a happy life but its just a story

Ron/cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What?!

Lucas McCain's wife screwin' Chuck Conners?

Wouldn't that be like, incest, or something?

Pretty good story, though.

MwRadicalMwRadicalabout 8 years ago
Good story, and then

You have talent as an author. I enjoy your stories, but this story should've ended halfway through page 4. You worked so hard developing your characters, then you flushed that down the drain in the last page and a half. Not every story needs a certain length. Recognize a good ending point when you write it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
yr a good writer but

this one seemed like it was a cookie cutter version thrown together in a hurry to make a deadline or something. Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Full of inconsistencies

Good style, pointless story, published on the wrong site

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
understanding

It seems that Dana was focused only on her self gratifison and just blew her husband of who was the love of her life those were heruh words for a fling with a piece of crap that was married and she worked with.I am not a shrink but having her husband measure her heighth it seems she had some deep issues about her self. Hell if she wanted nasty sex as well as loving sex I am sure her husband would have provided it. At one time the husband said she would not do with him what she did with the slime ball. Oh well different strokes for different folks. It would have been nice if Luke and Gianna could have grown old together that is my only bitch about the story. So Dana wormed herself back into Luke's life. Oh well it is just a story.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
interesting

SHE threw her life away and it took her twenty years to get it back. Even then it is just a pale imitation of what she had. He may use her for his carnal pleasures and release but at least he wasn't in a marriage frame of mind. One of the few times that a "loving wife" accepts that she basically screwed the pooch and is just willing to take what she can get. Thank goodness that his daughter and Gianna had the foresight to make sure that someone looked out for him. They knew him better than he knew himself and refused to leave him swinging in the wind. I loved the part where he tells her that her friends got it wrong and he wasn't about to come crawling back to her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice set piece BTB and move up story. Thanks.

Sure, contrived and scripted to punish the slut and have hubby move up to a better woman. Of course the ex-wife also became a better woman, but hubby had already replaced her and she just hung around until she had a place in his life again. The whole story would have been more real and dramatic, and more realistic, if husband and ex-wife had to interact through their daughter without any replacement spouse in the picture. If it wasn't for Gianna there would be greater reason to try and reconcile. Again, the ex-wife ended up becoming the loyal loving woman he wanted all along, they just lost 20 years of that relationship when he ditched her for Gianna. That's fine, just not very real.

Just seems odd Dana was able to cheat for two months, with fake PTA meetings, and father and daughter accepted this new behavior without immediate concern, questioning, and investigation. Makes me wonder how loving and attentive the husband really was.

Thanks for your time and effort. It was both fun and sad reading this drama.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 9 years ago
A Walmart Special!

A good story with well-described characters,but a bit drawn out. Without a more definitive description,I sort of pictured Dana as a bit of a cow,and Gianna as a major improvement. ~ If this story was part of an American collection, I would have thought it was a bunch of Hillbillies. I just keep picturing Dana as someone who when she squats, the crack of her ass is on display.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
such a good story

IT IS IN MY FAVORITES LIST AND I LIKED EVERYONE ENVOLVED. I AM FROM THE SOUTH SO I KNOW HOW GIANNA MUST HAVE SOUNDED TO LUKE. I LIKED THE P.I IT WENT BACK TO OLD TV SHOWS AS WELL AS LUCAS DID. I ENJOYED IT BUT CANNOT SEE HOW A PERSON COULD CHEAT ON THE LOVE OF THERE LIFE. MANY TIMES TO READ THIS BUT WOULD LIKED IT BETTER IF LUKE AND GIANNA COULD HAVE GROWN OLD TOGETHER AND CELEBERATED 50 PLUS YEARS TOGETHER. OK SO I AM A SOFTIE FOR TRUE LOVE.

RON TEXAS COWBOYRIDECC@YAHOO.COM

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
PROBLEM

IT SEEMED THAT DANA HAD A DEEP SET PROBLEM BECAUSE OF HER HEIGHT AND WEIGHT. DID SHE HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM PROBABLY BUT WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF SHE WANTED THE DIRTY NASTY SEX AS WELL AS THE LOVING SEX WHY DID SHE NOT JUST TELL LUCAS LIKE MOST MEN I AM SURE THAT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO OBLIGE OR WAS IT JUST SHE WANTED SOME STRANGE COCK FROM A REAL SLIM BAG. YOU CANNOT TREAT YOUR HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER LIKE CRAP AND EXPECT THEM TO TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

NOW GIANNA HAD THE SAME FEELINGS AS LUCAS SHE ONLY WANTED HIM AND HE ONLY WANTED HER. THAT SOUTHERN DRAWL LIKE LUCAS SAID THEY SHOULD BOTTLE IT AND SELL IT. A VERY GOOD LOVING PERSON. I KNOW I HAVE SAID MORE ABOUT DANA BUT IT SEEMS NOT A LOT NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT GIANNA ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS.

RON SOUTH TEXAS

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

liked the reality (down to earth) of it's emotions, flowed nicely. I had no doubt how everyone felt at the appropriate time. what did surprise me a bit was the relationship between mother and daughter in the beginning, I understand that girls will gravitate to the dad, and boys gravitate to the mom, but darn, there didn't seem to be any closeness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
IPADS and DVDs in 1992?

OK, the story starts at least 22 years before the end and it was written in 2011. That places the beginning at least before 1992. So how did he have an IPAD in 1992 when they did not even go on sale until 2010? Then there was the DVDs the PI gave him, even though the first DVDs went on sale in 1997. He had Caller ID in 1992 even though it was not commercially introduced until 1995 I hate it when stories take modern technology and inject it into the past. It just detracts from the story and makes the whole thing a time warp farce... or at least in my mind. I kept waiting for Peter Paul and Moses to be caught playing ring around the roses... Or Scottie to beam everybody up.(sigh).

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
DID DANA HAVE A DEEP PROBLEM?

I LOVED THE CHARACTER(GIANNA) A WONDERFUL SOUTHERN WOMAN WITH TRUE VALUES. AS FAR AS DIANNA WAS IT JUST A MID=LIFE CRISIS OR WHAT BUT SHE NEGELECTED HER HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER SHE SAID SHE WENT A LITTLE BIT CRAZY WHEN LUCAS DIVORCED HER MAYBE DEEP DOWN SHE HAD SOME REAL PROBLEMS MEANTLY. JUST MY THOUGHTS TAKE THEM AND $2.00 AND YOU CAN BUY A CUP OF COFFEE. READ THIS NUMEROUS TIMES IN MY FAVORITES

RON

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Sorry for all you highly intelligent naysayers...

There are some of us out here who read for entertainment and pleasure and don't analyze the character of the leading players (who, after all, are just characters in a story). I liked the husband character and (as a man) thought he did nothing wrong. No even taking his old slut wife back twenty years later. He fought a brave battle to prevent it and did a good job. This story entertained me and I loved the references to the beauty and diction of the Southern ladies. I have known a few at least in 73 of my 76 years. I still remember the dialect of two twins I met at camp when I was 12 from Plaquemine, LA. Many years later I worked in Plaquemine for a year, looked around but never met them again. But others had that same lovely accent. Thank you, Stang, for this entertaining story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
DEATH HAS A WAY OF CREATING STRANGE BEDFELLOWS

and openings to move on. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WHAT DID SHE EXPECT TO HAPPEN?

WHAT DID DANA EXPECT TO HAPPEN SAY OK I FUCKED CHUCK FOR NASTY SEX BUT I WANT YOU FOR TRUE MAKING LOVE. IF SHE WANTED TO TRY THIS SHE HAD A LOVING HUSBAND THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO IT. ONE OF THE STATEMENTS HE MADE WAS THAT WHEN THERE DAUGHTER WAS OUT OF THE HOUSE THEY COULD STAY NAKED AND FUCK WHEN AND WHERE EVER THEY WANTED TO. NO DANA JUST WANTED SOME STRANGE DICK NO MORE NO LESS.

GIANNA WANTED HIM TOTALY FOR LOVING LIFE TOGETHER SURE IT WAS SUDDEN BUT HAVE YOU HEARD OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. I HATED THAT YOU WROTE HER OUT OF THE STORY THE WAY YOU DID AND LET DANA BACK INTO HIS LIFE. BUT LIKE HE SAID HE HAD 20 GREAT YEARS WITH GIANNA AND NO ONE CAN REPLACE THAT. WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO CHUCK? REALLY WHO CARES ! HAVE READ THIS NUMEROUS TIMES AND IT IS IN MY FAVORITES.

RON

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Does

anyone remember the seies "Rifleman" on TV years ago?Chuck Connors was played by Lucas McCain,But in this story Chuck Connors was cheating with the wife of Lucas McCain! As for Little Joe Cartwright of Ponderosa Investigations see the old TV series "Bonanza"(which also had a character called Hop Sing)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyable

My second time through, but I would have to agree with the previous comments regarding a lack of any emotion. The ex wife was a caricature. In the end they are back together for no genuine reason. It just happens. No real change or expression of sorrow. No new perspective on his part. It's just comfortable. This could have been more fully developed and one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
THE LOVE OF HER LIFE

IF HE WAS THE LOVE OF HER LIFE AND SHE WANTED NASTY SEX TO MAKE HER FEEL YOUNGER AND WANTED WHY NOT TELL HER HUSBAND INSTEAD OF CHEATING ON HIM. HE TRUSTED HER SHE LIED TO HIM AND CHEATED AND TREATED HIM AND HER DAUGHTER BAD. SO IF THATS HOW YOU TREAT THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE I DO NOT WANT ONE. 5 STARS SHE WAS STUPID PLAIN AND SIMPLE SHE THREW HER FAMILY AWAY AND LIKE LUKE SAID THE FIRST TIME SHE OPENED HER LEGS FOR CHUCK THE MARRIAGE WAS OVER. WANTS 2ND CHANCE WHO SAYS SHE WOULD NOT DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. TO BAD TO SAD. GIANNA WON DANA LOST. I FEEL BAD THAT GIANNA DIED BUT SHE DIED IN HER LOVING LUKES ARMS. GOOD STORY LOVING STORY BUT SAD ABOUT GIANNA NO SADNESS FOR DANA.( YES I HAD ONE LIKE DANA LONG AGO).

RON

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Re read

The guy was the opposite of a little dick wimp. He was a big ass.

Okay, let me break it down. He doesn't notice is wife is acting strange. Then he does. For only two months.

So he starts not sleeping with her and treating her like shit. Ignoring her, avoiding her, NOT TALKING TO HER. I thought, if a wife had suspicions, she should talk it out with her husband. Lots of guys say that in the revenge tales "if she was suspicious, she should have talked it out with him...' This guy goes straight PI.

Okay...that's fine. But the man has an example in Hop Sing that sometimes wives act odd for OTHER reasons than adultery. Did he wait before acting like an ass to his wife? No.

Did he wait until the papers were served before dating? No.

Did he care for his wife of 16 years one tenth as much as this chick he met three times? No. Can't cart the old baggage out the door fast enough, but he beat up Carl or whatever for just LOOKING at Gianna.

So 'I loved her so much'? Can't prove it by me.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Agree with ramonbrook...

Agree with ramonbrook...This guy wasn't a wimp, very away from it...The ending was good, because the cheating wife had 20 years of pay, watching his happiness with his new wife...Good story...

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 10 years ago
Oh yea .... Forgot to add this tho ...

While I agree with the way Luke reacted, I really couldn't understand why after only 2 months of her mother acting weird, why did Sasha disown her mother? She didn't know about the cheating right away and she even cheered about her father having a girlfriend. Other than that, it was a great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous