Pull of the Moon Ch. 01

Story Info
Carla stumbles upon her mate.
1.8k words
4.1
11.1k
24
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first story so you will have to bare with me, feel free to comment on anything or make suggestions, I'm hoping to turn this into a series but we will see if that happens, depends on what you guys think about it, thanks for reading. Enjoy :)

MerlinMagic

*****

Carla paced back and forth in her office in annoyance. Jason, some asshole that worked in the IT department had been stealing money from the company for months, it was up to her to make the decision about what to do with him, she didn't know if money was the only thing he took, for all she knew he could have found out about her and most of the other employees secret. She let out a loud sigh, there was a knock on the door, "come in" Carla said obviously annoyed with whoever dared bother her while she was wondering what to do with Josh.

Madlyn walked in, her second in command and closest friend, Carla calmed down a little as she saw her, "Hey What's wrong C?" Madlyn asked using her friends nickname.

Carla let out a huge sigh at that, "Well I just found out that Josh from IT has been taking money from the company's financial accounts, I don't know if that's all he's been up to but we need to figure out if it is, the only problem is we cant question him about it or he might tell about us, and we cant have him arrested or he might tell, so there's nothing I can think of that we can do about it."

"Fuck, something has to b done, do you want me to get Allan to take him to one of the disclosed locations C?" Madlyn said.

"NO. This has to be dealt with delicately, we don't know exaclty what he knows and that's dangerous, it makes him the biggest threat we've had since Edgar's pack tried taking our eastern teritorry." Carla replied.

Madlyn thought for a second to see if she could think of a way to deal with josh without any repercussions coming back on them... "What if we just confront him about it? Or have him killed?"

Carla shook her head and walked over to the couch and sat down with a huff. "Ive already considered those, killing him would be suspicious and asking him could cause him to run to the police."

"What about Daniel? Why don't you call him and have him clean this shit up?" Madlyn suggested coming to sit by her friend and alpha

Carla looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "I don't know him and ive never met him, how am I supposed to trust him!?" She put her head in her hands and took a deep breath.

"What other choice do we have C?" Madlyn said keeping calm, she always seemed to remain calm, Carla could never keep her cool like Madlyn

"Give me till Thursday. If I haven't thought of something by then we'll call him. Deal?" Carla replied with and exasperated sigh.

"Deal. That gives you two days C, think quick about it." Madlyn said as she got up and walked out the office.

Carla got up from the couch with a groan as she stretched out her arms and legs, going over to her desk she went and changed all the company passwords for the finances and anything else she thought she should change.

By the time she was done it was 5:30, she turned off her computer, grabbed her purse andy locked the door as she walked out of her office.

Going to the elevator she walked in and pushed the button to go down, after a minute the doors opened on the IT floor and Josh of all people walked in with her, she kept her cool and even gave him a small smile but it never reached her eyes.

Josh didn't see the daggers in her eyes as he smiled back and waited for the doors to close, they road down in silence till they reached the lobby of the highrise office building.

Stepping out she walked past the security guards and waved them goodbye as she walked to her car outside, she'd been so close to ripping his head off, her inner wolf had wanted to the entire ride down, but she had kept in control and reasoned with her wolf that now wasn't the rime or place.

Getting in her car Carla drove away from the office to her favorite restaurant, Core, where she ate almost every night and knew all the people that worked there since most were in her pack and that she owned it.

She sat in her usual spot in the back by the window and Jenny, one of the betas of the pack brought her normal dinner and drink, after eating her dinner she finished her drink and hugged Jenny before leaving for the packs home.

Jenny was an orphan and Carla had taken her into her family. It was a good thing she did too since she turned out to be Ron's mate. And she always hugged her before heading back home.

Jenny hugged her back and said, "have a nice night babe. I'll see you tomorrow." And they smiled at each other and waved as Carla walked out the door to her car.

After she got home around 7 she walked inside and to her bedroom on the second floor, she showered quickly then walked around and looked in on all the different families and singles that were in the pack, it was her custom to check on them and see if there was anything that needed her attention after she got home and showered from the days stresses.

Checking on her family brought a sense of calm over her and she felt at peace knowing her family was content and happy.

She hoped it would last forever but knew that there were always hard times, and the Josh situation didn't help any, she went to bed thinking about what to do and fell asleep with the thought of protecting her family and pack no matter the cost...

Carla found herself in the office, she didn't know how she got there or what time it was, getting up and walking to the door, she exited her office into the lobbey outside.

Madlyn wasn't at her desk which was very unusual, Madlyn never left her desk without good reason. "Hello? Is anyone here?" She called out.

She walked through the doors to the hallway and elevators. She had just taken a few steps when she heard something, it was faint but she could hear it, it was coming from the elevator.

She slowly and carefully walked towards the elevator, straining to hear anything and everything, the sounds that the office normally had weren't there, it was dead silent.

She froze as she passed the window, taking a step back she looked out the window, she saw nothing, no parking lot or people walking up and down the street. Just think, inky, blackness.

She could have sworn she saw something through the window. Something that had moved so fast she barely saw it before it disappeared. A phantom? That wasn't possible she thought. Phantoms have been extinct since the Great Awakening almost 2,000 years ago.

Shaking her head and rubbing her eyes she took a step back from the window...*bam!* she flinched, whipping around towards the elevator she prepared herself to fight off an attacker.

But there wasn't one. Just the quite, empty hallway. Her heart beat in her chest as she carefully continued down the hall.

She was almost at the elevator when she heard the doors behind her open and close, it was so faint a normal person wouldn't have been able to hear it. But she did, her hearing was many times that of a normal human.

She quickly looked behind her shoulder and saw nothing, she turned back towards the elevator and saw the faintest movement, so quick she almost hadn't noticed it.

She crept towards the elevator, she was mere feet away, she carefully peaked around the corner, her heart beating so loudly she could hear it...

Nothing. "Empty?" She thought. The elevator doors slowly closed before stopping making a faint clanking sound, then opened back up just as slowly.

Her mind screamed at her to run, to get away from the elevator as fast as she could. But her body wouldn't listen, she took a step forward towards the elevator, as soon as she stepped inside the doors slammed shut *bang!*

She whirled around and was flung back against the wall of the elevator, her vision was blurred for a few seconds and she was dazed but couldn't feel much pain, confused she looked up and saw a cloaked figure through blurred eyes.

She couldn't make out anything about this mysterious person, not his face or anything...except his eyes, his bright blue eyes that seemed to bore through her soul.

She shakily stood up and reached towards him, she could tell it was a guy cause he was so tall, at least 6'5", he towered over her 5'8" frame. Just as she was about to touch him he vanished.

Looking around she saw strange symbols written all over the elevator walls. "Strange." She thought, "I didn't notice any of this before." Before she had a chance to really look at the symbols they vanished too.

The doors burst open and she sat up with a start! She was back in her bed. Looking over at her door she saw Madlyn and her mate Ryan standing there with a worried expression on their faces.

She could tell Madlyn was on the verge of changing into her hybrid form. "What's going on?!?" Carla demanded.

"We heard you screaming through the bond, are you ok???" Madlyn said looking around for any possible threats with lightning speed.

Seeing none Madlyn calmed down a hair and looked questioningly at her friend. "I was having a dream I guess...I don't remember screaming though, did I say anything through the bond?" Carla said answering her friends question.

"No, nothing, just a scream and then silence." Madlyn said with a huge sigh.

Carla looked at her clock. 3 a.m. "Go back to sleep M, everythings fine, nothing to worry about." Madlyn gave her a hug then walked out the door with Ryan on her heels.

Closing the door Madlyn went back to her room with her mate and went back to sleep.

Carla thought about everything that had happened in her dream and contemplated it all, what was outside the window? Who was the mysterious figure in the elevator? And what did all the symbols mean?

She laid back into her bed trying to relax and fall back to sleep, she didn't even notice she fell asleep cause any dreams she had she quickly forgot...

*****

The next part will come soon hopefully, just be patient and comment on it, I'd love to hear what you have to say, if you have suggestions I might put them in the story later on if I continue it.