All Comments on 'Quiet Servitude Pt. 04'

by AmandaMI

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
From a perspective that this audience may understand...

...God is the ultimate dom who presented himself as the ultimate sub (in the person of Jesus). Of course that should be read without any sexual inflection whatever. Now, why am I posting this here? It is simple... Tolerance vs. Accepatance is subjectified in this story and I want to clear the air because victims who are not heard seldom listen themselves. Christians are SUBMISSIVE to God. They have abstained from their own (gathering of) opinion and give deference to God opinion. It is true where homosexuality is concerned. It is true where same sex marriage is concerned. It is true where abortion is concerned. We have a book; a guide from God. You are NOT our guide from God. Absent that book people (even professed christians) tend to make God in their image instead of wrapping their minds around how God has presented himself to us in that guide. There is a lot more to this than most realize. Just because someone says they are christian doesn't mean they are. Cip... (I hate these statistics: I think they are made up and I won't use them but 2-3.5 million israelites has been speculated by someone) A vast number of israelites left egypt heading for the Jordan Valley. When the israelites finally arrived only two out of all that speculative number actually made it. The rest fell (died without arriving) through unbelief even though they followed moses for 40 years. Many are called few are chosen. To sum it all up... Christians can't accept the viability of these things because they aren't from God (ie marriage is a man and a woman: it is in the bible). However to an extent christians are to tolerate it. Tolerate it in your life (not their own). The killing of the abortion doctor isn't a christian act. Laying in wait to beat up mutilate and kill homosexuals is not a christian act. Voicing opposition to these things is a christian act but that voice must be tempered by concern and love.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous