All Comments on 'Radio Days Pt. 04'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed this story. I hope there are more like it coming. Thanks

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanabout 15 years ago
Good story

With good editing. However, things went way too smoothly for Ozzie and friends. There needed to be more conflict, more challenges for Ozzie. Double the amount conflict of what already was in her, then the story is more likely to capture and hold a reader's attention. Just something to keep in mind for future reference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
There's an old saying...

...by Hitchcock, I think. It goes something like, "If a gun appears in a stage play, it bloody well must go off." While I enjoyed your story (although I don't know why you posted it here, as there are only hints of sex in it), you brought up the idea that the destruction of the earth by humanity would have greater consequences than the extinction of life here. You didn't tell us why, and I was waiting to read that.

MongolSamuraiMongolSamuraiover 13 years ago
Fantastic piece!!

Oh man, what a great story! I love a good tale about the goodness in people. I'm a fairly serious literary critic and I love a good dark story, but not as much as I love the much-rarer piece that shows you the best qualities of life.

A wonderful read, artfully done!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Independent Parties

I find it interesting that the group in this story mirrors my thoughts on independent/third-party efforts.

I've often thought that they make a mistake in putting so much effort into presidential campaigns where they are pretty much doomed to failure, with their best hope being spoilers.

I believe that they would be better served with concentrating on local and state offices, and then Congress, and building a solid base of influence.

xtchrxtchralmost 6 years ago
I Agree!

I agree with KarenE (9/5/14).

I really think that the 2 party system has failed the country. Voting has become not going for the Best candidate, but the lesser of 2 evils. If we actually had candidates and elected officials who actually cared for the people...other than their selves and their cronies. But alas we are stuck with what we have....so far.

As to the story - I enjoyed it but it was a little tame...not much of an emotional expenditure.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
interesting tale.

It's different and fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@xtchr

There is no equivalency between the Democratic Party and the conservative movement, and Republicans. To equate them on the topic of doing things for the working voters is intellectually dishonest. The Repubs don't give a shit about anyone but the wealthy.

The Democratic Party lost it's way in the '90's when they decided to become GOP Lite; 25 years later, the Dems have rediscovered themselves and are becoming what they once were, a diverse party with an impetus toward helping the average person. They have a way to go; the best thing we could do for this country is to publically fund campaigns, and get the money out of politics.

There are a lot of good people in the Democratic caucus of both the House and Senate, removing the necessity to fund raise would allow them to concentrate on perfecting our union.

They don't want to spend half their time fund raising, just like cops don't want to be social workers, drug crisis interventionists or mental health caseworkers.

GeoD

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Great Story with a happy ending, what else could you ask for. The only true point as far as politics goes is that both sides of the aisle are screwed up and it time for term limits and change. Politicians have made a career of manipulating the system for there own gain/greed and it is a time to put a stop to it. Well written story with great characters. Well Done Coaster2 5 stars

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

The problem for me is this story pretty well conforms with my belief of an afterlife. Maybe I watched too much Ancient Aliens. Five stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous