All Comments on 'Reaching the Summit Ch. 01'

by Scotsman69

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
loved this

Careful interweaving of climbing and a changing relationship. And a wonderfully-described fuck which got me erect.

sexygoth87sexygoth87almost 15 years ago
Love it!

A very nice mix in that story and I enjoyed reading.

ejlsejlsalmost 15 years ago
Beautiful

So perfectly beautiful. I felt every one of your descriptions in my five senses. The vision of the land, the sound of the wind, the smell of him after a rough night, the taste of hot liquor and the touching. Oh god, the touching. Well done, Scotsman. It is the beginning of another superb series.

lennythelionlennythelionalmost 15 years ago
God, you're good!

Your words paint such vivid pictures, from the climbing that I know nothing about, to the encounter that stirs memories.

pope32767pope32767almost 15 years ago
Superb!

A great story, for all the reasons given below.

<p>This is the first story of yours I read; I've read a couple more now. They're all really good, and I hope you go on writing.

<p>Suggestion: Consider using a long dash at the beginning of a quotation, a la Français. I think it's a good compromise between the fussiness of quotation marks and the pure embedded style, which can sometimes be hard to follow.

<p>Finally, I really enjoy the Scots dialogue in your stories -- would you consider writing a whole story in Scots? If third-person-limited in Scots seems too strange (we've all been conditioned by an overdose of English), you could do a first-person story instead. I realize that would limit your readership some, but hey, if Scott and Stevenson could pull it off, why not you?

KOTKKOTKalmost 15 years ago
Great Start.

Great start of a wonderful story. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to read next chapter(s). Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Exquisite writing

as always from you Scotsman, no matter the subject. But knowing this is close to your heart makes it so much more so. Good tight writing; you don't let it get out of hand just because your emotions are on show, and I like that. It's when you need to keep it under control without it seeming so, and you've done that admirably here. It'll be interesting to see how you handle the ensuing developments.

yukiko6yukiko6almost 15 years ago
Aw...

How cruel to stop right there :) You are a very talented writer. I'm not sure I've ever read something on lit that is this well put together plot wise. Excited to see what will come next.

GlasgowgirlGlasgowgirlalmost 15 years ago
Fantastic!

You are an amazing writer!!! You have the wonderful ability to draw people into your stories. I can't wait to read the rest and I wish you the best with your new story. Thanks again for sharing your incredible imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
lovely

must read onward...thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Perfection

I am speechless with admiration. G

Sassylassy23Sassylassy23almost 13 years ago
Why...

...this lyrical chapter has not achieved a red H is anybody's guess. I think it's a most beautiful beginning. Scotsman is an outright expert in the writing field , and one of the best writers of erotica I've encountered.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 11 years ago
Sense of place

I love your characterisation, but even more I love the specificity of location. I love the feeling that I could walk in the steps of the characters and see and feel what they saw and felt.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years agoAuthor
Just re-read this

and I have to make it clear to readers: this was written long before 'EL James' ever put hand to keyboard with 'Fifty shades...'

But I do rather hope that my 'serrated shades of grey' in this story helped her along the way. Who will ever know? But if you North Americans can put up with something a wee bit different to the usual poor porn stroke-stories on Lit.... do have a keek please.

I'm unashamedly Scots. I don't write in US English.

I dare you to read this. Who knows, the more literate amongst you may even enjoy it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous