Reality Break Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Grooooooaaaaah"

A large roar pierced the scene. Both Glass and Blossom frantically searched around for the source of the roar, hoping it was only another player. Yet no players were in sight as they had walked quite a ways into the forest.

Blossom then perked up, as if she remembered something, though she still looked scared, "I know what that roar comes from, a Dire Wolf. They are much stronger than normal wolves and you shouldn't see them this distance into the woods, they are usually further away."

Glass then asked, "Can we fight it? I bet you're strong enough to take it down."

Despite the compliment, Blossom still looked worried, "If I did, I would still have a bit of trouble with it. And at your level, you definitely wouldn't stand chance all by yourself. Let's retreat for now anyways."

At least, that is what they wished they could do.

Panting furiously was black and brown furred bestial wolf that was many times larger and scarier than the normal wolf. Its eyes contained the fury of a thousand computer generated creatures that it had slain. Numerous bites and bloody scratches adorned its hide and displayed them as if it was proud of its war wounds. Drips of nasty saliva pooled below its mouth as its tongue dangled from between a gap in its menacing teeth.

"Nice doggie?" Joked Glass, though he kept his cautious demeanor ready to move if he could react in time.

It pounced, rushing towards Blossom first. With a girlish scream, Blossom tried her best to escape to the side, though just barely. Glass stepped forwards and attempted to stab the dire wolf's hide in order to distract it from Blossom. The blade barely penetrated into its flank, though it still drew crimson blood. The dire wolf didn't care in the slightest, as it knocked Glass back with the flick of its paw.

Blossom unleashed a lightning spell, discharging it at the dire wolf's face. At least this time the dire wolf let out a hurt growl as it felt the attack hit the side of its head. The lightning left behind the smell of burnt dog hair. Then with the other hand, Blossom another lightning spell, letting it attack the dire wolf's face this time. Again, it let out an anguished wolfish cry as it ignored the pain and dashed towards Blossom.

Its speed was phenomenal, though definitely not even close to the fastest in this game, Glass speculated. The High Elf player stood back up, doing his best to shake off the pain of the bruises he just accumulated. That Aria person was right, while the pain wasn't close to the actual levels he was supposed to get, it still hurt like hell.

"Yaah! Get away from me! [Zephyr Launch]!" Apparently this was the name of a special ability, as Blossom pointed her palm at the ground and a burst of high-speed winds came forth, pushing her off the ground. And just in time too, as the dire wolf swept its claws downwards, aiming for the Undine mage who had just launched herself off the ground. Blossom still wasn't used to using that ability, while she did practice her landings, whenever she used it in an actual fight, it always went the way she didn't want it.

As a result, Blossom launched herself off the ground in the complete opposite way she wanted, smashing against the trunk of a tree. She fell to the ground, which was several meters away, and let out a painful groan. She was too dazed to react to the creeping dire wolf that took its time stalking towards Blossom.

"No, no! Got to think of something..." Yet Blossom was not alone.

"Take this you overgrown Scooby-Doo!" Yelled Glass as jumped onto the leaning leg of the dire wolf, ran along the wolf's back, and stabbed into the beast's head. Apparently the head was a weak spot for the wolf, as its hide was like steel armor everywhere else for his level two self. The soft flesh gave away easily this time as Glass' short sword found its way to the wolf's skull, and somehow there was enough force to dig its way past the bone.

The dire wolf reacted instantly, unleashing a deafening roar into the wilderness as it recoiled from the pain. Glass held onto his sword, which was still embedded in the wolf's head, with all his might as if he was on a mechanical bull. He grabbed a loose tuft of fur as tightly as possible with his left hand and held on for dear life as he pulled out the sword. That only caused the dire wolf to act even more fiercely as it shook its head in several directions in attempt to knock off Glass.

Blossom had collected only one ability so far, as a player could create one every five levels, and since she was only level nine, her only special spell was [Zephyr Launch] which was mainly designed for running away from the detestable Demonz. Still, she could attack with normal spells. She really like lightning type attacks, though she could never figure out why, and thus she made the air element her focus when choosing the Mage class.

With this in mind, Blossom charge up two more bolts of lightning, ready to strike when the dire wolf's head slowed down. She didn't want to accidently hit Glass in the dire wolf's insane frenzy.

Glass could barely make out Blossom hesitating with her magic, "Don't mind me! I'll be fine, just attack the darn thing! Please?"

Blossom couldn't resist laughing at Glass' out of place politeness. She smiled as she nodded even though he couldn't make out her movements in the blurred light from moving too fast. The Undine drew her hands back and tossed both bolts of lightning, at the same time, at the dire wolf. One missed in the dire wolf's thrashing, but the other struck dead center in the dire wolf's forehead. Coincidentally, the bolt of lightning just barely struck between Glass' flailing legs that were lashing about violently, he was very lucky there.

The lightning managed to stop the dire wolf from moving about as it recoiled seemingly slow from the pain. Glass barely had enough time to get himself together and attack before the dire wolf got its senses back. In one quick motion, Glass stood up, grabbed onto the beast's hair by its eye, and stabbed the short sword into its eye.

Before the dire wolf could react to the pain, Blossom rushed in. She used [Zephyr Launch] to jump up to the dire wolf's other eye, and amazingly was on target this time, and shot another bolt of lightning in the dire wolf's second eye. While that was happening, Glass stabbed his sword into several spots where the flesh was weak, adding even more injuries to what was there.

The dire wolf swooned about, reeling from his blindness and injuries before slumping over onto its side.

Breathing heavily, both people stood up and collected themselves. Their eyes met and they both began to laugh uncontrollably.

"I can't believe it. I honestly can't believe that we just took out a dire wolf. I mean, I'm a level nine, yea, but you're a level two and you still managed to do that much damage." Blossom then added, "And for your information, a dire wolf is like a level fifteen creature. Though level varies among monsters. This one in particular is level fourteen."

Glass smiled, "I thought I was going to die even though this is just a VR game. This is so much fun! I even gained another two levels because that dire wolf was a higher level"

Blossom then put up a wry expression, "Yea, it's just a VR game..." For a second, Blossom seemed as if she was depressed about something, though her expression turned back to her usual fun self, "I gained a level too, so I'm level ten now. That means I can create another special ability."

"Hey, it's saying I've got some loot from the dire wolf." Informed Glass.

Blossom let out a fake 'oooooh' before telling Glass another bit of information about the game, "When you kill a monster, it may say you got some loot from the creature, so definitely check if you can use it or sell it. If you accept it, it'll go into your inventory"

"Huh... I've acquired something called a 'Fang Sword', it's another short sword like I've got, though slightly longer. Sweet! I've already got myself a new weapon!" Glass was quite giddy.

"Cool! Equip it and check it out, its obviously better than your starter weapon since it came from a level fourteen dire wolf."

Taking several seconds, Glass opened up his inventory and took out the 'Fang Sword'. The short sword he started out with at the beginning of the game disappeared and went into his inventory, being replaced with the new weapon. Glass moved his hand down to the new weapon and pulled it out of its sheath. It looked quite dangerous... Perfect.

The length from pommel to the tip was about fifty centimeters. The pommel itself looked like it was carved from that dire wolf's fangs. A thing length of dire wolf fur colored a light peach covered the pommel, giving it a stable and warm grip. The pommel was attached to a cross guard with more deadly looking fangs which somehow molded into each other giving a smooth finish leaving no cracks behind, it was also polished giving it a pristine sheen. The blade itself was made out of a strange steel alloy that went on for the rest of the fifty centimeters; the tip was curved slightly, resembling a saber. Though it was anything but a saber in actuality. The metal seemed to have double tempered edges. All in all, it was a fabulous weapon for a level four player.

"I seriously have to test this out sometime..." Mused Glass.

"Eh? You can't play anymore?" Blossom said somewhat sadly.

"Well, several hours have passed, and I've got to get to work soon. Though I promise I'll be back on tomorrow to play some more!" Encouraged Glass. He really wanted to keep playing with his new friend, though he still had things to take care of outside of the game.

The two big their farewells and Glass pressed the log out button in the main menu.

Blossom stood all alone, sitting next a large tree root as she drank a health poultice to heal the bruises she gathered from the fight with the dire wolf. The Undine girl wryly smiled. While she was very happy to have made a friend in the extremely handsome High Elf player, she didn't know what to do. She couldn't leave the game, nor did she have many other friends. All she could do was find something to entertain herself, sleep in the property she bought in game and wait until the next day to play with Glass.

-

In a certain hospital, there lay a lithe, wiry girl. She had just turned eighteen several weeks ago. The girl had pale skin, as the sun revealed from the hospital window barely provided enough rays to tan the girl's skin. She had set of silky pale blonde hair that was ruffled by the pillow and bed. If one were to apply makeup and various other products to get the girl ready for an outing, she would undoubtedly be called a pretty woman or girl. Yet now she resembled a sleeping fairy of the myths.

She was sleeping peacefully with a certain carbon fiber frame VR system covering her head that was currently playing the 'Rebellions' game. The girl had always loved exciting fantasy type games, playing a character that could resemble her in every way of her looks and personality, though it could do everything she wanted to do but couldn't. Ever since the introduction of the VR system, did the girl find herself getting more and more into her persona.

Yet one day, the girl partook, unwillingly of course, in a bus accident as she made her way to school. She was unable to wake up from her accident, though she was very much alive. Being the only survivor of the bus crash, of course authorities wanted to question her, though she never woke up. Months passed as the girl continued to sleep through her coma, eventually a year came by. Then someone came up with the crazy idea of installing VR systems in hospitals and having them hooked up to patients in comas.

The girl was the first test subject, with the parent's consent. The girl, after being attached to the VR system, though she had woken up from an apparently restful nap, only to find out she was actually in a coma and was now in a virtual space. Obviously the girl had trouble believing in such a sci-fi happening, yet the doctors who partook in the experiment made several impossible things happen in the virtual space and convinced the girl it was true.

The experiment was a success and eventually other patients began to have themselves attached to VR systems. In order to stifle the girl's boredom, she had doctors and relatives bring in the rumored VR games, only to find them boring and bland... At least until a game calling itself the most advanced VR game to date arrived, namely, 'Rebellions'.

And thus, Blossom, the beautiful Undine mage was born, living the life of adventure that the girl had always fantasized about when playing non-VR games.

Eventually, the girl was told that it was very unlikely that she would wake up from her coma, as a certain non-lethal disease invaded her body. The girl's parents was influential in the hospital board and had quite the fortune as well as decent insurance, so the girl was allowed to stay asleep and play the life of an Elven adventurer until she might one day be cured.

Yet the girl was still unsatisfied, as she would never experience the romance that all little girls dreamed of... At least that was until she met High Elf player named Glass. Still, it was nothing more than infatuation, yet one can hope, can't they?

*

End note: I would appreciate it if anyone would comment and tell me what you think about this story in general. Don't bother with telling me about grammar or spelling errors, I have those in every story since I'm too lazy to get an editor.