All Comments on 'Redivivus'

by tickledkitty

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful Story@

I loved this story!!!!

Bev

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Another nice comp entry

i enjoyed your previous entries in collaboration with Marsh Alien and this one continues the tradition. Thanks. UK Cynic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good story

Very well written and nicely developed.

Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
thanks

And good luck with the contest. Mike from Texas

DaniellekittenDaniellekittenover 15 years ago
It's very difficult to get those Tarot cards right

but you did a wonderful job. The entire story was well written, well told and very enjoyable. Good luck in the contest, this one is a winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
delightful!

Truly, a delightful tale. Frankly, it turned out to be far better than I anticipated when I gave it a look. (For me, it was one of those "if you don't hook me in the first half-page..." stories.) Written well.

-- KK in Texas

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 15 years ago
Nice touch!

Excellent story! I like the way you took us into a side of New Orleans that most don't see. Taking a rough start and turning it into a sweet romance worked out just fine. Thanks for such a fine tale.

bluebellbluebellover 15 years ago
Vivify

A superbly crafted piece. The work that went into this was obviously a labor of love, and it's visible in the reading. As ever your attention to detail, feeling, and real life touches are masterful and the result is a sumptuous treat that flows nicely and leads you along for a tantalizing ride. I daresay you spoil us readers, my friend. Thank you (immeasurably) for sharing this.

MarshAlienMarshAlienover 15 years ago
Tres delicieuse!

What a wonderful story. I could smell the coffee and taste the beignets. The food, the sex, the clothes, the buildings - the whole atmosphere was perfect. You created a world all your own and made me feel as if I were a part of it. Many thanks.

christabelllchristabelllover 15 years ago
You go Girl!

I stayed up even though I should have been in bed hours ago to read this. Amazing storyline, handled deftly, delicately, beautifully. You've got a real gem here that could easily be expanded into a full novel. Thank you for the honest effort and wonderful story!

loganforesterloganforesterover 15 years ago
Great ending!

Enjoyable story throughout with a nice twist near the end. Good luck in the contest

KillerRomanceKillerRomanceover 15 years ago
Congratulations!

This was an extremely lovely read. Nothing like a little romance to start your day off right. Congrats on coming in third(: <3 Lillian, KR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good story...but...

Last I checked, "chere" is not a commonly used term any more here...I've yet to hear it from anyone, unless they're Cajun French.

Other than that...I loved your plot and the general idea of this story. Remy is a very lovable character and you made his southern charm rather irresistible. You kept him true to his time period and apparently did your research (or are you from Louisiana?).

MsDaienKnightMsDaienKnightover 15 years ago
Cest Bon !!

Very good!!! I loved your story. Being a Cajun myself you captured our world just as it is. Full of beauty and mystery. So many peope who know nothing of our true herritage or lifestyle make a mockery of it. But true Cajuns are gentle and friendly people and yes we do mix lots of French in with English. Was wonderful sensual and romantic. I loved every sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
N'Awlins Boy likes it

Don't know if you're from here or not. but having been born here and lived here all my life, I must say you nailed N'Awlins almost perfectly. Having trod these same paths as in the story, I easily saw everything in my minds eye as 99% correct...that's Jackson Square, not Jackson Park.

MunachiMunachiover 15 years ago
very nice story...

enjoyed it a lot... congrats on your place in the contest! it was well deserved! the story is great...

InkstaineInkstaineover 15 years ago
Beautiful, very fluid

You have a wonderful way of weaving a story. It reminded me, actually, a tale Jimmy Buffett would use to weave one of his songs. (I'm talking about more than his 'let's get drunk songs'.)

You must have a fabulous editor (I like to praise editors. They work hard too!) to help you construct a myriad of fabulous references to the senses. I particularly liked you contrast of touch/reality and smell/dream with a mix of vision for both. Very good!

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Loved it!

It was VERY good!

firestorm2firestorm2over 15 years ago
loved it !

the story was great. kept me glued to the monitor from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Beautiful

I loved it. Thank you!

lildragonlildragonalmost 15 years ago
Fantastic

Thank you for such a beautiful story. I loved how it had the perfect amount of spookiness and passion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

i love this!! it was amazing

SxxyDaraSxxyDaraalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful!!

This is a wonderful story. YOU are able to draw your readers into the story. It made me feel as if I were Casey. Amazing. Thank you very much for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Absolutely Outstanding!

Quite honestly I was surprised with the title and the story is so delightful, I have been to New Orleans once and the way you described everything brought back all the feelings with a burning intensity. Je vous remercie beaucoup, ma petite. Un motif impérieux et belle histoire.

~F

MaddieKimMaddieKimover 12 years ago
Beautiful

I loved the entire story, but I would have had Christian take Casey to Central Market for a muffuletta. Yum!

IsanaIsanaover 12 years ago
Beautiful, but...

The ending was a bit abrupt. It had a nice steady flow up until the epilogue, where things just suddenly seemed to be dumped and left there.

But other than that, it was a good, well-written work that deserves praise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wonderful.

It is so rare to fund a story that pulls you in that deep, and makes you wish it was longer..... The end was a little cut off amd short. But i still adored it!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you

Beautiful. I can taste the Abita thinking about your story. So vivid. Absolutely mezmorizing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wonderful!!!

I've lived near New Orleans. This story brought back many fond memories, which enhanced my reading enjoyment, thank you!!

The story was well written and very interesting... I hope you'll write many more stories or novella's in the nonhuman category. Whatever you do, keep on writing as you have talent!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Still Wonderful

I read this story a few years ago and just read it again. It’s still a wonderful story and I loved it just as much as the first time, maybe even more. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
first time

that i have given 5 stars to any story read here. i will be looking at your other stories. keep up the good work.

busybeavertailbusybeavertailalmost 7 years ago
The stpry was great.

I have always wanted to go to New Orleans., see the bayou ahnd try their food down there, I read a lot of romance books and my favorite ones qare timeswept - 2 generations that merge. In my dreams I think that has happened. In this lifetime I am a clairvoyant and medium. I have some some regressions and in this lifetime . I would love to connect with you. Blessings, have a wonderful day and thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A lovely story

This is an excellent story. Lovely tale, not overwritten, sweet. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
AMAZING!

I absolutely loved, loved, loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved every word of it, great story, beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very excellent 5-stars story. You are an excellent writer. You have good character development skills and story development skills. You are able to bring the past and the present into a very compelling story. This is the 3rd time I have read this story and it does not grow old. My only question is the title and why you choose it?

vanhenry1971vanhenry197123 days ago

Are used to live in New Orleans, and this story brings it back to me. You well describe the places and the vibe that is the city of New Orleans.. many of us would love to have met a Remi or Christain.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous