Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit, Jimmy, just haul some cash down to you, that's it?"

"You were hoping for something more?"

JT saw the look of offence coming to Jimmy.

"No, no, I'm just surprised that's all we have to do. Shit, that's nothing for us. How much are we talking here, on our end I mean?"

"To make it worth your while to do it and be happy, my father thinks two large would be a good number to do that, each and every run."

"Two hundred bucks? Is that like each, or something?"

"No, no, two large, means two thousand, not hundred. There are many things you may not understand, about the language we speak, but cheap is not one of the things we like to be known as. Once we get to know each other better, we'll teach you how things work, so you know how to do your business better and keep it safe. I'm not saying any of your guys are like this, but we have found, that it's our own guys that are the biggest problem with keeping our business safe. Our thing, is not like it used to be, back in the day. Too many fucking rats are running around now and think of only their worthless asses, if they get caught."

"You're right, none of my guys is like that. It would be like turning in your own brother, or something. The club is tight and everyone is happy with where we're going with it. I actually had no plans at all about getting involved in criminal shit, it just seemed to land in our lap. The run down south was supposed to be about getting our club up and running and getting the clubhouse finished. We have the appliances coming in soon from Jake's place, so we'll have a completely finished place, we can live in and do shit. One of my guys has a certain speciality, that brings us income from our retail operations."

"What kind of retail operation, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well, we have a line on consumer goods, in large quantities and we distribute them through our network of associates."

"Your associates being the niggers on the roof, I take it?"

"Uhm, we don't use that word, especially not around them. Makes for a bad business arrangement, if you catch my drift. I try to remember that word we were enjoying earlier, respect. It seems to make things go smoothly and the results turn out better."

"Yes, right again, JT. I must learn to accept the things that are and not take such an offence to them anymore. This country has lost its way and we have assholes in power that have no fucking idea how to run it."

"Jimmy, couldn't agree with you more."

Marlene laughed and tittered, making a show of it again, then JT accompanied her, keeping up their appearances. Jimmy had to cover his mouth from laughing, his amusement at the display overwhelming him. Once more, they calmed and Jimmy continued.

"So, we are offering you two large a run for your services, is that satisfactory to you, JT?"

"Jimmy, that's a fucking great deal, what did you call it?"

"A sweetheart of a deal."

"Yeah, it is a sweetheart deal. You're right, it is more than we make for the run back. This money will help us finish the farm off and buy all the beds and stuff, for everyone. We're really hoping to have a tractor there before the winter sets in, so we can clear the lane to get out."

"You turning into that TV show, JT? What's it called, with that lawyer guy and his fancy wife, move to some shitty farm that needs fixing all the time. What the fuck is that called again?"

"Green Acres."

"Yeah, yeah, that's it."

Both Marlene and JT hushed Jimmy down frantically. There was no doubt, that his voice wouldn't be heard by Unser out in the hallway and waited for a knock. JT got up and went over to the radio and turned it on, turning the tuning knob to different stations. Marlene nodded her head, knowing what he was doing. He left it on a soft music station and made sure the music was loud enough for Wayne to hear.

"Hopefully Wayne thinks it was the radio and not someone else in here."

Jimmy apologized facially to them, not wanting to talk yet. They assured him it looked okay and nothing was given away. Jimmy looked curiously though, at JT.

"You know the cop outside is called Wayne?"

"Yeah, known him since I was in high school. He's an okay guy, actually. I was thinking he might help me out some time, if we can get him on our side some how."

"That's easy. Blackmail. Get something on him and use it against him. Nobody likes their dirty little secrets shown all over the place."

"I'm sure it does, Jimmy, but I like to handle things a little differently, if you don't mind. I want him as a friend to the club. I don't want to make him fear us, I want him to like us and look out for us. Give us a heads up about stuff, before it happens."

"That is a good way to look at it, JT. No reason to want to see harm come your way."

"Exactly. So, when do you think you'll be ready for us to do a run for you?"

"When's your next run down?"

"Next weekend. We leave Friday, back on Saturday and home in the late afternoon."

"We should have a run ready for you then. I will let you know where and who to pick up from and the same down south. Since Mar is able to get a hold of you, I'll let her know everything and pass it on to you, that good?"

"That's cool, Jimmy. We have to vote on it, but I don't see anyone objecting to that kind of cash, for doing nothing."

"What do you mean vote? You don't make the decisions?"

"It's a club, Jimmy. This is club business and everyone has a say, if they want to do it or not. If we have a majority vote, we all go in, whether they were for, or against the idea. Respect, Jimmy, that's all I can say."

Jimmy looked at JT with great thought of him. JT showed that he had learned from him as well.

"Yeah, I guess we need to learn from each other how our businesses work, so we don't have misunderstandings."

"Trust me, JT. Misunderstandings get people killed in this line of work. You don't want anyone thinking you're doing something, you're not."

"Yeah, I can see that, Mar. So, we should get together soon and explain the languages of our businesses to each other."

"Yes, a very good thing, JT, a very good thing."

"I like the sounds of it being a good thing, as opposed to a bad thing."

"See, you're learning already."

"Yes I am, Jimmy. So, we better wrap this up and get you out of here, so you can get started on your end of things."

"Yes, I should. JT, it has been a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to our enterprises helping each other out."

"Me too, Jimmy. I had a feeling we could work off the same page, if you gave me a chance."

"JT, from the bottom of my heart, my apologies for the way I acted to you earlier. I hope you can forgive me for that and not hold it against me?"

"Apology accepted and already put in the past. Thanks, Jimmy."

"My pleasure, JT. Mar, you're the best, I love you, Sweetheart. This has been a very nice meet, one of the best, my thanks."

"My pleasure, Jimmy. Give my best to your dad, for me."

"I will."

The guys rose and JT held his hand out to Jimmy. Jimmy looked at his hand and moved it away. He took him by the face in both hands and kissed his cheeks, before hugging him. JT was stunned by it, unsure of what he supposed to do, but the affection of the hug to him, meant the same as his own brothers doing it. He returned the hug and patted him on the back, letting him know his customs weren't rejected.

"This is another thing we do, to show we are good with one another. It's our way."

"No problem, Jimmy. Just something new I have to get used to. Not sure how the other guys would feel about it, but I'm cool."

"Eh, we make you a paisan, yet JT."

"A what?"

"Never mind, you'll be alright, my friend. You'll be alright."

"Yeah, I think I will be, Jimmy."

"So, now that I need to go, how have you taken this into consideration?"

"You know, that's the one part I'm kind of feeling bad about telling you now. It was part of the little games shit we were doing earlier."

"What do you mean by that?"

JT became nervous and Marlene knew it was hard to get out of, even with an explanation.

"It was my doing, Jimmy. I thought it up. The only way to get you out, is for you to squeeze under the cart and let JT take the cart down to the service area and let you out there."

"You're fucking kidding me?"

Jimmy was looking pissed at the idea and could see on JT's and Marlene's faces, that it wasn't another joke.

"Sorry, buddy, it was all we could think of, honestly. I mean, the cop is just outside and he'll come in to get the cart when it's time to take it back. I'm going to offer to take it down for him and get you out."

"This is the best you could think of?"

"Well, yeah, unless you have something better?"

"Look, the cop is going to get the cart and take it down, why can't I go down the stairs I came up? He goes down the elevator, I go down the stairs, he comes back up, everything here is on the up and up and I'm taking a nice stroll through your fair town, back to my car and leave quietly."

"Shit, that does sound easy. Sorry, should have thought of that myself. Okay, look, sorry about all that earlier shit, things are forgiven between us and we're starting fresh, so I just want you to know, I'm happy with how things have turned out and hope we can work together for a long time."

"I feel the same. It looks to be a good partnership between us. I will talk to my people about your need to expand your retail division and see what they can do to help. We're always looking at new means of income and this has something of interest to me, so I'll pass it on with my blessings."

"Jimmy, don't let anyone say you're not a great guy, because you are in my books."

"Mar, if I could be that guy in your life, I'd be the luckiest guy on the face of the earth."

"Awww, that's sweet, Jimmy, thank you. Jake is a hard act to follow though, but someone has been riding the same road and caught my eye."

Marlene's eyes never gave it away, but JT's sudden shift to one of uneasiness, made Jimmy glance at him. Jimmy gave him a look of being impressed and JT shrugged.

"Good luck with that, hope it works out for you both."

"I hope it does too, Jimmy, but only one of us is interested right now."

Jimmy eyeballed JT with wonder, unable to understand why he wouldn't accept her offer.

"You shitting me, JT? You don't want to be with Mar?"

"I kind of have my hands full right now and another woman in the mix will surely fuck the whole thing up big time."

"What do you mean?"

"I have a girlfriend and I love her, Mar loves her too and Suzy loves Mar back. The problem that starts, is that we live in this commune right now, out in Calaveras, on that farm I mentioned and we sort of have this thing between us all, that the twelve guys can be with any of the twelve girls, as long as it's cool between them. So, bringing Mar in, is kind of throwing a wrench into it."

"Wait, wait, wait a fucking second here. You telling me you're banging a dozen broads? Anytime you want?"

"Sort of like that, Jimmy."

"Jesus, what kind of outfit you got, JT?"

"The best kind, Jimmy."

"No shit, I gotta rethink my end and what I'm doing wrong."

"Nice works some times, sometimes it doesn't. Just gotta know when, right?"

Jimmy pointed at his head, then at JT.

"You guys think about a lot of shit out on that farm, don't you?"

"We've had some interesting things explained to us."

"Tell me some time. Now, I'll go to the bedroom, while you get Barney out there to come and get the cart, then I'll take that short walk through town and talk to you soon about things."

Jimmy went to the bedroom, as JT and Marlene shook their heads at his attitude still. JT went and told Wayne they were done, but they saved some for him to taste. The smile of thanks was all JT needed to see, to know Wayne would make things easy for him. JT watched him go in and say hi to Marlene, getting a very friendly welcome and an invitation to come back and enjoy some delicious treats with her.

"Thanks Wayne, I'll make sure Marlene locks up properly after I go. You'll love the manicotti, absolutely delicious beyond words."

"Manicotti, eh? Never had that stuff before. Okay, you guys know the drill, so, you take care JT, say hi to the guys for me."

"Sure will, Wayne, sure will."

Wayne happily wheeled the cart out and waited, as he heard the locks engaged and continued down the hall to the elevator. JT heard the ding of the elevator bell, signalling its arrival. JT counted to ten and began unlocking the door. Jimmy just started walking out into the hallway, as the doors were shutting on the car. Unser never saw who it was, but it wasn't anyone he knew to be inside and that had his alarm bells ringing. As the car began to drop, he knew he would never know who it was, unless someone decided to let him know. How did someone get in and when? Why were they there? So many questions needed answering and he knew silence was his only answer.

JT went down with Jimmy and said goodbye, watching him slip his sunglasses on and stroll away down the street. Jimmy was either very good at making him self blend in, or he was truly enjoying his walk through town, as he smiled at people passing and acted like nothing mattered to him. JT went around to the parking lot and got on his bike and started it. The feelings of possession were slowly shifting in him, as he held the handlebars and remembered it was his bike to ride now, not Jake's. He pulled out of the parking lot and headed across town to the clubhouse, as wanton eyes watched him from her suite window. Memories and desires flooded her emotionally, the blue Harley Davidson the key to the past, she mourned for in her heart.

"How did that meet go?"

JT looked at the guys, looking at him for the answer to their future.

"This, was what the first meet should have been like. We got everything on the table and discussed it and Jimmy is on board with the plan all the way this time."

"Do you trust him, Prez?"

"Completely, Chico. We got all that macho shit out of the way and got down to business and let me tell you, Jimmy is quite a guy when you get to know him. He sees our need to take care of Brock and how it helps him and his dad. I'd like to meet his dad, actually. He sounds like a decent guy, despite his reputation for kill first, ask later. He has a good head on him and knows how to do business."

"Okay, he sounds alright, but we already know what his son is like too. He doesn't act like his dad and that's what's worrying us, JT."

"Hey, I'm standing here, aren't I? I'm smiling, aren't I? Would I be doing that, if I thought for a second it was all bullshit with Jimmy?"

No one could argue with him, not knowing the whole story, but doubts lingered in their minds just the same.

"Want more proof it's all cool with us?"

"Yeah JT, I think all of us want some assurance, we're not going to end up in the woods as animal food, like our friend is supposed to."

"I can understand that, Keith. I'd probably be thinking the same as you guys, until I knew what I know now."

"Would you care to share that with us, Mr. President."

"Gladly, Lenny. Gentlemen, we, are now in a position to more than double our run money, every trip we make. A guaranteed two grand a run. Want to know how we do that?"

That kind of cash per run, had every head cocked and tuned in to JT.

"I thought that would get your attention. Guys, the Cacuzza's would like to do some business with us, in a large way. Seems we made enough of an impression on Gianni, a lot in part to Marlene's word, that he feels we are trustworthy enough to be part of their operation."

"So what do we have to do, to make this two grand, JT?"

"You'll love this Wally, all of you will. All we have to do is meet up with their guys at a secret location and they'll load us up. We do our ride like usual and make a stop on the way and do the drop off. They give us the two grand and we continue to our pick up and come back. Tell me how sweet that deal is?"

Everyone was whistling and mumbling in awe, the amounts getting totalled in their heads.

"So what are we hauling down there for them?"

"Money, Piney. They want to expand their gambling business up here in Frisco, or Oakland, somewhere, but they're too closely watched by the cops and feds to move anything. We are now their prime source of transportation and another item that hit the table between us. This is another thing that made me feel good about things. Jimmy's going to talk to his dad and some of the other guys in charge and talk about our retail operation, maybe get a chance to expand that, to an out of state operation."

"I think Benny and Lamont would be a might pissed off, we suddenly switch sides and go with the Cacuzza's."

"We're not switching anything, Clay. We're still doing our normal business with them. Nothing changes there, except we make them and us more money. If we get the go to move stuff south to Jimmy's end and maybe even over to Nevada, Benny and the boys are going to be very busy, finding enough stuff to keep up with demands. Tom, you're end of things just moved up in status too. If this is a done deal, you'll need to find a way to keep up as well. I know you're good, probably one of the best in the business, but what's your take on it? Do you think we're getting in over our heads?"

"Presently, I could double what I'm doing now and have no problems keeping up. More than that, I have a few ideas I might try out to make it work."

"Great, I'll leave it in your hands to run, but let me know if you think we could be in trouble with anything. That way we can deal with it, before it deals with us. I'd rather be on top of a situation, than under it and digging my ass out of it."

"Yeah, I can dig it, JT. I have it under control, so, no sweat man, we're cool on my end."

"So, what do you say guys? Let's hear your votes on all of this. First, let's vote on doing business with the Cacuzza's. Yea, or nay?"

JT looked at every member and smiled more and more, as each one confidently voted yes to it. He added his own yea to make it unanimous and they pounded the table and cheered.

"Okay, next. Yea, or nay on doing these runs for the Cacuzza's?"

Once more the yeas were unanimous and the table pounding and cheers came out.

"To increasing our retail distribution with the Cacuzza's, yea, or nay?"

No order to the votes was given, as they were all in agreement to the deals offered. JT pounded his fist on the table to conclude the votes and as the norm, joints were rolled and beers were opened in celebration. JT sat with his beer and a joint in his hands, enjoying the aromatic fragrance of success, his mind contemplating the outcome of his endeavours. Three months ago, he was pretty well broke and penniless and a dead end job. No vehicle, no home, no real life at all. Here he was now, relaxing on comfortable chairs and enjoying the fruits of his labours and a life others would be secretly envious of.

He let his eyes fall on the cabinet, knowing inside was more money than they knew what to do with now and more was on the way. The account at the bank was sitting in the mid-thirty thousands and Art had taken some of the money and paid the bills and accounts off. He also set up a schedule for them, so that the bills were automatically paid out of the account they started for the business, leaving them with little to do, but start the healing and get back to living again.

JT was starting to consider keeping the business closed for now, just using it for personal use only. With every member, except Wally, having a bike now, there was a need to adhere to Jake's golden rule of bike maintenance and safety. They made more than enough to pay for the monthly expenses and stay closed, making the compound a much securer place to conduct their business. As the guys mentally spent money like it was going out of style, JT was looking at his club differently. He was beginning to see it more as a business enterprise, instead of a brotherhood of riders. Money was becoming more of the focus, than the common love they shared.