Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He tried to weigh out the good and bad of it, whether what was started, was still what it should be, or was what they were becoming, more of who they were instead. Before he let his mind sway one way or the other, he decided a talk with Moon about it, would help give him a better focus. He hoped they could sit on the outcropping again and he could see the answer come to him again. He could see the separation in lifestyles they had and knew the divide was getting wider, no matter how much love they had for one another.

The sun was warm and bright, the fall afternoon absolutely beautiful, as Jimmy listened to Bobby Darin singing Mac the Knife on the radio. He snapped his fingers in time with the beat, smiling to himself at what he had accomplished in this meet, compared to the last. Less than a quarter mile back, hiding behind the cars between them, Clive's Corvette was tailing him back to Palm Springs. Inside, Clive sat and tried to think what Jimmy was doing in Charming and why he was seeing Marlene. He hoped beyond anything else, that he was finishing her off, but nagging doubts about it, kept him from truly believing in it. He opened the glove box and looked at his gun sitting there, hoping he wouldn't have to use it on Jimmy. Suspicions began playing games in his head, making him think a myriad of possibilities. None of them seemed good to him.

JT walked over to the garage by himself and looked around, taking in the memories of sounds and smells, the remaining traces of his time with Jake still lingering.

"I miss you, Jake. I hate that I never got to tell you how I felt about you. You made me feel like your son, the way you cared about me and Piney, the way you helped us out. I want to believe in my heart, that I'm not disappointing you, that what I'm doing, is something you would do. I know now, why you stopped riding with the club that you and Art started it. You were a great man, Jake, you really were. I was really proud of you and liked being around you. You taught me so much and I know you could have taught me a lot more and I hate that you'll never be able to do that for me."

As JT let his heart pour out to the spirits in the bay, Clay had heard him talking and waited, before opening the door. He heard JT expressing all his feelings and divulging things that only Jake could have told him, yet were never told to him. He took his hand from the handle and turned away, the jealousy from being left out of Jake's 'family', leaving him bitter and resentful. Instead of going back into the clubhouse, he went to his bike and put his helmet on and sat on his Triumph, looking at the light, blue prize at the other end, In his heart, he deserved that bike and that position and one day he would have it. He started his bike and roared down the lane way to the end and rode off towards town, His resentment towards Jake and JT grew, with every shift of the gears and twist of the throttle.