Returning Home Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,722 Followers

I had a few weeks to get my affairs in order. Lynn found out I had enlisted and we actually had a goodbye fuck. It was our first and our last. After we were finished, I asked her to write me. She told me she would but she also said she now had a boyfriend.

I didn't get it. Why have a boyfriend or girlfriend if you are going to cheat on them. It must be a new era in dating. It wasn't for me. Don't get me wrong here. I'm all for having sex but don't be going with someone or be married and cheat on them. Just stay unattached and single if you want the sexual life.

---------------------------------------------------------

Boot camp was hard but I was physically fit enough to do it. It made me wonder if I made the right decision. For the first few weeks, I wasn't allowed to have contact with my family. That sucked, but I figured most of us were homesick enough.

After boot camp, I went home for a couple of weeks and then would be stationed state side for a while and ship overseas. It was hard leaving the second time. I knew I probably wouldn't see my family for a long time. There would be a lot of life changes in that time for all of us.

This story isn't about everything that happened overseas but I sure did grow up and learn what's important to me. I did get the electronics education I wanted so I wouldn't have any problem getting a job.

Here I was six years later sitting on my bed thinking. I glanced out the window and there was the Thomas's house. I had to wonder where Brenda ended up. I got letters from friends and relatives but it's hard to remember what everyone said. Most asked me all kinds of questions about what I was doing.

I took out my binoculars and looked around the yard. We still had the chickens and the rabbits. I guess maybe not as much changed as I thought. Probably it was just the people. I would find out more about them tomorrow.

All in all, I was glad to be home. The last thing I remember before going to sleep was the little red-haired girl, Molly waving at me through the car window. It made me smile to think what her mother must have thought when Molly told her she was going to buy dinner.

Morning came as the rooster crowed. I got up to help dad with the chickens and the rabbits. I told them the night before that I would help them get things ready for our small gathering today.

After taking care of the animals and gathering up the eggs, dad asked me to help put a sign up across the front of the barn. We each got a ladder and he unrolled the sign. It immediately brought tears to my eyes. It said, "Welcome home Jess, our hometown hero. Glad to have you back."

As dad and I put up the sign, my sister Sue and her husband, Dan arrived to help us finish getting things ready. I asked Sue where her baby was and she told me a friend was watching her and would be over later. Sue and Dan were married two years ago. I wasn't able to make it home for the wedding. They now had a daughter Kimmie who was around a year old. I was looking forward to meeting her.

"I think dad and I have it pretty much under control. I guess we just need to put out a few tables and chairs," I told Sue. She started laughing as she went in to help mom.

I couldn't help but wonder what was so funny until a big truck pulled up. "What's in the truck, Dad?" I asked.

"Tables and chairs. We need to set them up. We have them rented till Monday," said dad.

We had to unload over twenty tables and a hundred and fifty chairs. "Dad, exactly how big is this party?" I asked.

"I have no idea, Jess. I just hope we have enough tables and chairs," he replied.

I couldn't believe that many people would come and see me. I figured mom and dad over did it a bit.

A couple of hours later, people and food started to arrive. Dad told me to go get my uniform on and to greet the guests which I did.

My aunts and uncles and their families showed up. Everyone looked so different. All these little cousins had grown up, many with families of their own. All the neighbors that I remembered where there. Each greeted me and thanked me for my service to our country. Almost everyone brought food. My dad informed me that this party would be lasting a long time.

Mr. and Mrs. Thomas came and she gave me a big hug. I did ask about Brenda and Mrs. Thomas said she would be here later. She was married now and had one child and another on the way. I was wondering if she ever married Matt.

I was surprised to hear she would be coming. I remember Mr. Thomas saying, "Son, the whole damn town is proud of you. We're glad to see you made it home safely."

Mrs. Thomas added, "We've always loved you like a son. We always thought that someday you and Brenda would marry but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Her husband Dave is a really nice man. She met him in college. He works in management in the department store in town."

I guess that answered my questions about Matt and Brenda.

More and more people were arriving. I could hardly believe they were here for me. I saw a lot of my old classmates. Some married and some already divorced. As I was talking to a few friends, a car pulled up. It looked so familiar. Sue walked out to greet the occupant. She brought over my niece to meet me. What a little doll baby.

"Kimmie , this is your uncle Jessie." She handed me that little girl and I squeezed her tight. This was what family was all about. I kissed my niece and handed her back to Sue.

"Jess, I want you to meet a good friend of mine."

I turned and the woman in the car was Chrissy. She unbelted Molly who ran right over as soon as she saw me. "Hi Jess, is this party for you?" she said as I gave her a hug.

"Jess do you know, Molly? Oh my God! You're the soldier that helped them out yesterday aren't you?" replied Sue.

"Yea," said Molly. "He gave me money and we surprised mommy."

I heard Chrissy say, "Molly, stay here till I get your brother out of his car seat." She hadn't seen me yet. She turned around and looked at me. She had Robbie in her arms.

"Oh my God, it's you. I had no idea. So, you're Sue's brother. I've heard so much about you. It never dawned on me that this party was for you. You really are as nice as everyone says," said Chrissy

I wanted to ask her a few questions but right then mom came over and greeted Chrissy and the kids. Molly gave my mom and dad a hug.

"Hi, Grandma," said Molly. Then my parents hugged Robbie. What was going on? How did they know each other? Grandma? Molly called my mom Grandma.

About that time, a group of musicians came up to me and asked where they should set up. My head was full of questions but I guess they would have to wait. People were still coming in. Now I see why dad was worried about the number of tables and chairs.

I kept greeting people and tried to see where Chrissy went. Later I found out she was busy inside helping my mother. My brother-in-law, Dan, was watching his baby as well as Molly and Robbie.

There was finally a break in the action and I went to get myself a plate of food. I was sitting there eating when Chrissy came over and sat next to me. She had Robbie in a stroller. Molly had a plate of food and sat next to me. She was always smiling at me. It wouldn't take much to love this little girl or her smiling little brother either.

"Jess, I am going to pay you back as soon as I get my bank card and statement; I promise."

"What? You came here to tell me that. I'm not worried about that. I don't care if you never give it to me. By the way, how was dinner? Molly told me she treated you," I said with a laugh.

"Oh, that was a good one. That little sneak got me good." Molly was laughing next to me as her mom smiled at her. "I'll give that back —"

"Stop right there! The gas, fine, if you feel you need to but the dinner was from Molly, so if you owe anyone it's her, not me," I replied. "How do you know mom and dad so well? I have to admit I was a bit surprised," I said.

"That's a long story. I can explain it at another time. I promised Mom, I'm sorry, I mean your mom that I would be in to help her," replied Chrissy.

"You call my mother, Mom?" I asked.

"Yes, I have for years. That's why the kids call her grandma; well Robbie calls her Nana. Well, I have to go. It was nice talking to you and I hope to see you often."

As soon as she left, I knew I needed to know more about her. I would have to admit that I was a bit concerned about her. I guess she was about twenty-three, same age as Sue, she's been married but her husband died and then she moves in with a guy and now out again. I liked her but didn't want to invite a lot of trouble into my life.

I had to get back to greeting people. I saw a face that looked familiar and realized it was Matt. He greeted me and said it was nice to see me again. I couldn't believe that behind him was Lynn and two little kids.

"Hi Jess, welcome home. It's so good to see you again." She gave me a light kiss.

"There have been a lot of changes since you enlisted. In case you didn't notice, Matt and I are married and these are our kids. Who would have ever thought that Matt and I would be together? I guess fate was in the air."

I told them it was quite a surprise and wished them both the best. I had to admit that it was quite a surprise. After Matt and Lynn left, I noticed Brenda and her husband coming up to me.

"Hi old friend. So good to see you arrive home well. We have been praying for you," said Brenda as she leaned forward and kissed me. That brought back memories as we looked into each other's eyes.

"This is my husband, Dave and my son Dave Jr. Dave, this is Jess; he was my best friend for many, many years. As you can see we lived next door to each other."

"Glad to meet you, Jess," said Dave. "The Thomas's have always spoke well of you. I feel like I already know you," Dave said with a laugh.

"Good to meet you too, Dave. Take care of the little lady," I said as I smiled, pointing to Brenda.

It really wasn't easy talking to Brenda or Dave. Just too many burnt bridges with Brenda but we always remember our first.

"I'll take good care of her. We're expecting our second child in about six months," said Dave.

"Well congratulations, seems to have been a lot of families started while I was gone. Again, I wish you two the best," I said as I shook Dave's hand.

As they walked away, I could feel a look from Brenda. Maybe I was just seeing things but she gave me a come-hither look. At least that's the way it felt.

The party went on and I was talking to everyone and being as nice as I could. It was somewhat hard for me being the center of attention like this. So much had happened since I left.

I did find out in conversations that Chrissy and her mother moved here during her junior year. She and Sue soon became best friends. Chrissy was dating a guy named Robert Lane who I really don't remember. Shortly after she graduated, they got married. Molly was born shortly after that. Jobs were hard to find so he enlisted in the army.

According to what I heard, he came home on leave after around two years and after going back he never returned; he was killed in action. Chrissy had given birth to Robbie and he was a year old before his father died. His father only had a few months to go before returning home. Robert had never had a chance to see his son. Of course this was what different people had told me.

It really tore me up inside. I could only imagine how everyone felt. I don't think it can get much worse. In Chrissy's case it did. Her mother had died two months after the death of her husband. I didn't know all the particulars but I knew I would find out eventually.

What lead Chrissy to move in with this guy Kyle? It must have been within months of her mother's death. I would have to wait for the answers, after all this was supposed to be my party.

I was talking to a couple of people when I saw Molly pushing Robbie in the stroller down the walk toward me; they really looked cute. She came up to me and asked, "Jessie, could you take me and Robbie to see the aminols?

"You mean animals Molly? I smiled.

"That's what I said, aminols. Grandma said you still have chickens and rabbits. Me and Robbie want to see them. Mom said to ask you to show them to us."

I looked up toward the door and saw Chrissy smiling. I knew Molly was telling the truth. I told her to step up on the back of the stroller and I would push it. We went over and looked at the rabbits, chickens and even the goat.

I noticed that we had more kittens also. I let them pet the rabbits and the kittens. You would have thought I took them to the zoo. Even little Robbie was having fun petting the rabbits and kittens.

"I like aminols," said Molly.

"I'll tell you what Molly. I'll take you and Robbie to the zoo sometime and we'll see all kinds of animals."

"When Jessie? When can we go?" asked Molly.

"It will be awhile. We'll make plans and make sure mommy wants to go," I replied.

Molly gave me a hug. When Robbie saw it, he wanted to hug me too. After hugging them both I pushed them back up to the house. Robbie got out of the stroller and he and Molly went back inside to see their mother.

This is the first of five chapters. I hope to post them daily.
Comments are welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,722 Followers
12