All Comments on 'Rewind'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
WisquejacWisquejacabout 9 years ago
Probably the best thought out time travel story here!

First in response to the last critique, while yes this an erotica site, a lot of sci/fi stories here don't always go that route. Should they then be listed as non-erotic? I am not sure, but for me I don't really expect it from all the sci/fi stuff here. Technically he could have thrown it into the loving wives genre since it did have the cheating and cuckolding aspects, but I think it is still better placed here. Just my two cents.

Now as for my thoughts on the story, well I enjoyed it thoroughly and thought that your grasp of time travel and it consequences was top-notch. My only thought that troubled me was that Bobby was described as not very smart. His grasp of time and the speed in which he made decisions based on that are not the thoughts of your average day Joe. Most people would have been so far off their game just with dealing with the idea of having this power that when confronted by Clinton and Terry's betrayal they likely would have folded and been paralyzed with shock. Bobby was way too smart than as he is described. Again just my two cents.

Great story I will check out more of your work for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3*s

Very creative plot. Well done old time travel plot. Probably not well-known to the readers on this site. Glad you repeatedly explained time travel and how to avoid it's contradictions . Gave you 3*s .

Liked the little bit of LW . I thought you had completely given up on it. Glad those harsh comments didn't chase you away. Opps ! I guess they did ,after all this is a science fiction/ fantasy story, lol.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So you are going with the many-worlds interpretation, eh?

This story seems to be saying that some people can walk across the multiverse, right? If so, how do the people also replace the original occupants? YOu have already made a point about disregarding the law of Conservation of energy by having clothes from different universes exist in the same place. After all, his tattered tux didn't replace the one in his closet at home in the year in the past universe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Another well done story by Spencer

And I read it because I have enjoyed your other work. But this was just a tad too far out there for me. And I loved Ground Hog Day. But two of them manipulating time? And his wife just accepting his actions? Oh well - maybe next time.

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 9 years ago
Cinco Estrellas!

Very good story,

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
Time is a River. You can never dip your fingers in the same water twice. - The Ramayana

I'm as fresh as a Daisy, although I've traveled a few thousand years. :-)

May be it's your writing or the fact that I'm a sucker for happy endings.

A story as fascinating as the concept of Time Travel itself.

Surprisingly, though not a big fan of the Multiverse theory, I liked this 'travelogue' of yours. Of course, the underlying theme of L.W. did help.

Anyway, thanks for sharing & full 5 through all your Timelines.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago
No proof

He had absolutely no proof that he's jumping timelines rather than just forwarding or rewinding time, he should at least have found a way to test it before deciding to never use the power again, because if he's wrong, and his wife or kids should die or experience other horrible things, then he's letting it happen for no reason.

oldwayneoldwayneover 6 years ago
A strange concept that was very well written..

Five Stars! Thank you for very entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yeah, this was really good!

Very nicely written.

Thank you.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago

That is as elegant and well told as any piece of sci-fi I've ever read. Beautifully written and well crafted; thank you for sharing your talents!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. This is coming from an ex physicist (now in bioinformatics). While the science fiction premise doesn't stand up to any serious rigor, it is a creative and well written story. Really feel for the MC, but also sad for the alternate timeline Terry, who loses both her soon to be ex husband and Clinton, stuck with being pregnant. At least she will live free of Clinton's horrible control and Chantelle's mind altering drugs. She put up a good fight for six months, but she and the MC never had a chance. Creative story telling with good characters. The MC's use of surprise physical violence (which Clinton has probably little to no experience with, having the emotional experience of a pre-teen) and the leaps forward by 30,000 years was epic. And since he did it once, well do it a second time, just to be sure. Brilliant! Jumping back a year, didn't kill or overwrite his older self. His worldline has a loop and only future possibilities were severed. But the MC still carries the memories from that one year plus that he lived. So nothing was really lost. And killing Clinton (twice) was not murder but self-defense of Terry and himself and their unborn children. Alternate Terry at least has a chance of her own to live a life that while sad and broken, will be far better than in the clutches of the monster Clinton. Gald to see the MC understands that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Wonderful to see Terry's devotion to hernhusband and their family. Wonderful happy ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
979 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...