All Comments on 'Rhonda, the Night Nurse'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Wonderfull

very good story not what I would normally read but very glad I found this in your listings i'm hooked now have you ever thought how TERRY&the NURSE went from there? I,hope happily-ever after Really like the way you used your thoughts on lust-love-emotions GOOD LUCK IN YOUR WRITES I'll be checking on you in the future thanks again.

RAVIGULERIARAVIGULERIAover 19 years ago
SIMPLY SUPERB

This is one of the best stories I have read ina very very long time.

It simply is beautful

Please accept my heartiest Congrats.

Tony155Tony155over 19 years ago
Sweet story

You've done a wonderful job with this story. It was sweet, romantic, and believeable. I've heard a lot of good things about your writing and this was the first that I've read. I was certainly not disappointed. I'll be sure to read more of your works.

rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
Once again

you've written a very fine story.

Well done.

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Touching.

A wonderful story of how love can help physical rehabilitation and the human spirit. An emotional farewell ending with a promising reunion added all the more to this beautiful romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful!!!

Heartfelt and touching to say the least--I don't know how it could have been better--you have a great talent.

Thanks,

Sam

wildbrushfirewildbrushfirealmost 18 years ago
This was such a beautiful story...

It made me laugh and cry...you have an amazing gift of storytelling. Don't ever give it up!

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayalmost 18 years ago
awww...damn....now that

was just damn wonderful...lovely, well written and told. i saw a comment section and thought that looks interesting...went on to read it and loved it and it also looks as if there are some equally great stories to read by this author also...i really do thank literotica for putting the comment section in for the public to view...i've found some excellent stories and new authors there so often...i look forward to reading you ronde...Thank you. respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
the night nurse

Thank you very much for the story... Loved it from the start. Keep writing the romantic stuff, it's lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The light touch

Your writing tugged my heart and made me feel young and hopeful.

Your light touch is marvelous so keep up the good work being a man who likes women and not an animal.

Good luck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
What a joy!

The story left me in tears. What wonderful characters. A story so evocative, that it dragged up so many personal memories, good ones, bad ones, and wonderful ones. (of similar circumstanes, so long ago). Some I thought I had put behind me. (alas some of my buddies and several of our nurses have already died, & the rest of us will follow them, in time). The story ended at just the right place; but I would have loved to have read on. (their lives seem to be poised upon a wonderful life's journey). Terry's injuries were negated by hard work & a very positive approach. Other servicemen had an unknown problem, at that time (P,T.S.D.); & never really recovered. Your writing is gifted. I wish you all the best for the future, whatever you do and wherever go. God bless. Dan

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 12 years ago
Love conquers all

A superb, tender and loving, romantic story. You never know when Cupid will unleash one of his arrows and when it hits its mark, you're done for.

This was the first of your stories I've read, but I enjoyed this one so much, I'll have to read more. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
love is wonderful

another great love story, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a great little tale

some soldiers have to endure hell when wounded but he made it through and the love of Rhonda helped it......it was very sad when he left and she obviously missed him but great when she turned up at the hospital back home.....one thing puzzles me is why did she not try to contact him when she knew he was a patient.....it was pure chance that he saw her when he did....a minute either way and they would have missed each other...but it was probably inevitable they would meet sooner or later....and renew their love for each other....a great story....loved it....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This really happened to someone I know

An old friend of mine met his wife exactly this way, only it was in Saigon. She was an army nurse and he was wounded in combat. They didn't fall in love in Saigon, but they ended up being stationed at the same post stateside, where they dated, fell in love, and married. And after all these years, they're still together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Reality

The reality is that this story is not at all unusual, though that takes nothing away from it being special. I knew a man when I was a boy who was a WWII vet and met his pretty wife at a Naval Base in California. I say she was pretty, I only ever saw a picture of her. So to me she was the pretty young girl in a starched white nurses' uniform. And they met, seemingly by chance, after the war and married. Nowadays, sometimes men and women meet in uniform, since women serve in combat now also. The conditions change, but the romance and love is still the same. The grizzled old grouch that told such good stories I knew was really the same young soldier from VietNam in your story. Very good, and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Terry Flanders - Coincidence? I think not

In Flanders Field, the poppies grow

Between the crosses, row on row

That mark our place in the sky

The larks singing, herald fly.

This is the first stanza of a Canadian poem that we recite every Remembrance Day, to honour those who fought in overseas wars. And for the life of me I cannot recall the author's name (who wrote the poem whilst on the battlefield). I have probably failed as a Canadian....

The name is too unreal to be a coincidence, and for that I salute you Ronde. Thank you for honouring our tradition, and thank you for writing a five star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow

my dad was injured in a plane crash in

west germany (c.a.f.) where he met my

mother, a nurse!

several years later i was second of two boys

good story

thanks!!

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
OMG

I've read so many stories, how did I miss this one? 100*s...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story

While the author may have spent his military years in the frozen wasteland of South Korea, I actually did spend mine in the sunny (and monsoonish rainy) climes of South Vietnam. As far as his accuracy about the Nam goes, I think he was pretty spot on. Of course he was writing about an Army experience and I was in the Marines. I only wish I could have met a nurse anywhere nearly as nice as Rhonda. All the Navy nurses I had contact with wouldn't touch a grunt Marine with a ten foot pole. They had corpsmen for that. Enlisted men who did all the dirty work a nurse would normally do in a civilian hospital. But like I said, a really nice story.

cruisewestcruisewestalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful!!

Very romantic and moving story. I do wish it would have gone on for a few more pages, but alas, you ended it on a very high note! Love the romance!

MoMiner64MeteMoMiner64Meteover 4 years ago
Great Story!

I originally read this story on another site and they EMASCULATED it to sanitize it for “sensitive” readers and they ruined the story. I was elated to find it here on LIT and really enjoyed the actual story. I gave it a five rating principally for the writing quality but, equally for the story content. It is worth returning and reading it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice

The story has similarities to the plot of the movie Purple Hearts with Jacklyn Smith.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jacklyn Smith is NOT in Purple Hearts

You're thinking of Charlie's Angels. Purple Hearts starred Cheryl Ladd and Ken Wahl.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

What a lovely story. I've read a couple of others along the same line, but this one has that something special about it that just tugs at the heart strings. Loved the ending BTW. Thanks

Ghoti007Ghoti007over 1 year ago

Very nice! Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m an Army Brat, Army vet, and Army Dad. Loved the story!🇺🇸🫡

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I suffered with a right leg injury by rocket fire and spent time in Pleiku getting operated on then Japan . I went through the same thing with rehab and learning to walk again . I don’t recall any pretty nurses however . Great story and it brought tears . Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent! I really enjoy your writing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Beautiful story!

We are soooo misty and remined by the love in our hearts when we first found each other, and then - everyday thereafter....

Thank you,

S&JW

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2IC10 months ago

Beautiful love story. Thanks for sharing it.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Married a nurse myself! One of the smartest things I ever did. Great story.

5

FandeborisFandeborisabout 1 month ago

I have a complaint with management. I can't give anymore than 5!

Just when you think it is okay to breathe, you hit us upside the head and really let us have it.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

My grandfather was shot in the leg at Gallipoli. Limped the rest of his life, enjoyed showing people his wound. Married his nurse. It happens!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
2412 Followers
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories