Rhonda, the Night Nurse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ronde
ronde
2,399 Followers

I dropped the cane, and began walking as fast as I could. At the sound of the cane hitting the floor, she looked up, and I knew for sure. She ran the short length of the hall, and I swept her into my arms.

"Rhonda, it's you, it's really you. How did you get here? Why didn't you tell me? I've been so...oh, God, it is you. Rhonda...Rhonda..."

She just put her arms around my neck and kissed me, right there in the hall as the doctor looked on with mouth agape, and as other nurses passed and exchanged whispers. We parted, and both burst out laughing when we saw the doctor. Rhonda spoke first.

"Uh, I'm sorry, Doctor Ames. We haven't seen each other in over six months. I'll not let this happen again."

He shook his head, and walked on down the hall. He turned before he opened the door to the waiting room, and smiled as he said, "Rhonda, I'm not that old, no matter what you think. I know what I saw here, and I'm happy for you both. Go take an early lunch. We can do without you for a while."

Over coffee in the cafeteria, we held hands as she told me how she came to Nashville.

"After you left, I wasn't the same. I still loved my job, but it was different. Since my enlistment was up at the end of my tour in Japan, I decided to get out. I did want to stay in government service, so I inquired about jobs with the VA. When this job came up, I remembered that you lived in Nashville, so I jumped at it." She lowered her eyes, embarrassed. "I guess I was hoping you still remembered me. I ran across your file last week, and was working up the courage to call you." She looked back up at me. "Terry, if you've found someone...well, don't worry. I won't cause any trouble."

I squeezed her hand, and said, "Do you remember that night when you asked me if I felt up to a walk?"

"Yes, I remember. That walk is one of the things I couldn't forget."

"Rhonda, do you feel up to another walk with me? I don't know where this one will lead, but I think it might be a very long walk. I'd...I would like it to last the rest of our lives."

She smiled, and I saw a single tear begin to run down her cheek. "Let's see if we're still the way we remember, before we start that really long walk. After all, you don't need me to take care of you anymore."

"That's right, Rhonda. Now, it's my turn to take care of you."

ronde
ronde
2,399 Followers