All Comments on 'Rhythm and the Blue Line Ch. 05'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
marklionmarklionover 12 years ago
Great Chapter!!!!

You wrote another great chapter in this series. This chapter shows the relationship with Brody and Ryan growing positively. I was happy to see that you get rid of Jason from the band. I can hardly wait to see what you do in the next chapter.

popparazzipopparazziover 12 years ago
Wonderful chapter

Another wonderful chapter. Love how their relationship is progressing.

AAA101AAA101over 12 years ago
Great Chapter

Love the series as I do almost all of your writings. Keep it up.

Dual_TriodeDual_Triodeover 12 years ago
Very Nice!

For all the stress the Ryan harbors, she has found a way to "relax" with Brody. Their budding relationship feels natural and therapeutic. Oh, and good riddance to Jason!

Keep up the great work.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Very nice

I can hardly wait for Brody to put her parents in their place when they meet and her dad makes the mistake of dissing on Ryan. You have written the characters into a nice romance and they fit so nicely together, just lovely in fact.

Oh, and you gave me a line of narrative that will echo through my mind all of the Christmas season, when he asked his brother if he couldn't take their children back because they lost the receipt.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
I like spending time with Ryan and Brody.

In your stories they are very real, very likeable. Brody seems to be maturing into a fine boyfriend without being too needy.

I don't know what it's going to take, or if it's even possible, to wake up Ryan's parents.

They're dumber than a passel of pucks!

Good, meaty chapter. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Still loving it!

I have a soft spot in my heart for Brody and Ryan. I've loved all your characters, but these two are becoming some of my favs. Can't wait to see what Christmas brings for them and us!

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
The suspense is killing me!!!

I'm loving the development of this story! You have got me on the edge of my seat wondering what's gonna happen next. I love it! Oh, by the way, thank you for FINALLY letting them hook up physically! I know I'm such a slut for saying that, but I've been waiting patiently for them to hook up. Can't wait for the next chapter!

donaldedonaldeover 12 years ago
super chapter

i am loving how the story is prgressing . I hope the Brody can help her with her parents and maybe he can make her parents see just how much of an ass they're being i can not wait for your next chapter

dropofhopedropofhopeover 12 years ago
Dull...

I love all your stories, just not this one. Where is the chemistry, passion, romance? These two are dull and boring. There's no longing or anticipation. The sex is mechanical, like they're neighbors and fuck buddies using each other for sex. Brody was a womanizer, where are all his alpha male qualities? Ryan's a musician, she should be emotional and passionate. There's so much potential for this couple to be hotter than all of the others...I'm just not feeling it. :(

You're still my favorite PennLady!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 12 years ago
They're cute.

I like this one a lot and I look forward to Brody calling her family on how they treat her.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

ambush184ambush184over 12 years ago
good

Keep going. I'm really liking this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

PennLady, you are one of my favourite writers on Lit, but having said that, I'm finding this one a little boring. I was really pulling for a story for Brody, but this just doesn't feel like your normal standard, I will continue to read it though even if only to see Brody call Ryan's family out on the way they treat her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Enjoying this one

I don't believe everything can have the same formula, although I can understand the sentiment when authors build up expectations.

I actually like these characters. I feel that there is a lot more to Ryan's character and it's nice to have a character that is independent and not all about the boy, all the time. People are multi-faceted, but sometimes we do get "boring", by having our attentions distracted or focused elsewhere.

Looking forward to the installment. :)

BluJBluJover 12 years ago
Yea!

Ryan and Brodie are finally "de-stressing" <snort>.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
these are really good!

i don't actually have ANY critisism for you, your writing's incredible!

All i'll say is... could you possibly make the sex scenes longer?

they're at most, a paragraph of ACTUAL sex.

i'm not dissing or anything, but perhaps longer? please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've read your writing before but missed this story somehow. I love it, love that it is about hockey and about love, you write so well. Really well done, go you, you are giving us a gift with this writing and I hope that you keep it up. I'm a hockey dad, roller, I know, it's the lame ass hockey but it is hockey, I've coached it, it is hockey. I played ice pick up, I learned way more from coaching than I ever learned playing, I see the game now.

I love that you highlight the tension between sports and music and architecture. I was not the dad in this story, I always told my boys "if it is not fun, we don't do it". There was never the energy you have to go pro, my kids are good, way better than me, but not pros. If this story is how you lived your life, I'm sorry, that dad is a shithead. You should be supported for what you want to do, I get the energy that no support for stupid shit, but Ryan is clearly working hard and on a path, that is not stupid stuff.

Great story, thank you!

PurplefizzPurplefizz6 months ago

Is it me, or is everyone hoping she gets to be a superstar eclipsing any success her brothers or father have had? I remember an interview with Dido where she was very well known, had performed all around the world and was selling a lot of music, but her father didn’t accept she was successful until he heard one of her songs pre-game at a football match, families eh?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

SIMILAR Stories