All Comments on 'Rob and Carol'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
description of teaching in your innercity public

school is pretty good. it is really that tough, on average. and that's on average! three states; private and public; been there, done that. never blame the kids, though, even those which, knowing statistics, you know will likely end up being stats in a few years; they come from very need situations, so it is expected that they behave accordingly!

feel bad for the really good ones, like those he had in his AP math class, however; those are the ones the adults short-change, yes

Carol Linder?, not sure about her. she has conditioned herself in a rather narcissistic way for too many years. while her honesty is commandable, I would not want to put too much stock on a life long partnership with someone who says she likes good fuckers over practically any thing, even if she knows she doesn't want to live with them.

the AUTHOR, for whatever reason --- perhaps because he's a guy writer? --- has shown that the guy character can turn away from temptation; the author, however, has not shown that Carol Linder, with her history of liking fast and hard fucking casual romeo's, has the same trustworthiness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another fine romance

Dinsmore:

Having spent several tours of instructor duty in the Navy I can empathize with the characters in the story. Unlike them, My students were a captive audience so I had greater control over them then would be normal in the public school system. This left me more time to actually teach, something I learned that I was good at and in fact loved to do. Problem was I knew I didn't want to do it in the real world for the reasons you set forth in the story. Said reasons being a part (but only a part) of the reasons our public schools largely suck. You've also told one of your usual great love stories. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Another winner! I can't remember when you last wrote a story that didn't merit a five and 100.

Boyd

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 18 years ago
Mentioned

You've been mentioned in the New Story Reviews in the Author's Hangout.

BBEBBEalmost 18 years ago
Couldn't get past first 1/3 of page 1

From what others are saying, it may have been a good story. But I quit reading after a third of first page due to all the *fucking,fucker(s),bitch(s),cunt(s)* ect. Think you would have weeded most of that out if you wanted to reach a larger audience.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
You like romance and everyday people take a look

Ok, now it’s my turn to tear apart this romantic, feel good, ground pounder with web feet, hero.

AH, AH, well it was just good,

I don’t know Dinsmore, you got to have a bad story hidden in all these written lines somewhere.

Great writing and the flow was so consistent.

Thank you for the entertainment.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good story

It's a shame that he loves her so much. She will cheat on him before they celebrate their first anniversary. One cock will never be enough for this slut. She will soon be looking for a bad boy to stroke her lusty ego.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nice romance, almost too much drama

Nice romance, almost too much melodrama. Fortunately you only wrote one of them as a drama monarch, both would have killed the story completely.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another Great Story

Even with the slow start, this story got my attention. Very nicely done, thanks for a great read.

YornHYornHalmost 14 years ago
A propensity for sluts?

Dinsmore, I have read a lot of your stories and, although I absolutely love most of them, I seem to always, well, most of the time, get a slutty impression of your female characters. Why is that? Aren't there any girls out there with just a modicum of decency? Someone who doesn't fuck at the drop of a hat? - Or don't you think that is exciting enough (Here I'm referring to your romances - not your stroke stories)

Take Carol, for instance. It is clear that she doesn't mind one-night-stands at all (except with Rob, that is) - she also has a preference for losers, so-called "bad boys" and has experience with several of them - she's been engaged, what 2-3 more?, times - she is a well trained cuck sucker and ass-fucker - and it sounds like she changes men as the rest of us changes shirts.

She may look absolutely wonderful, be intelligent and witty, etc. - but why would she all of a sudden change her promiscuous life style? Sure, she is in love - for the moment any way - until the next guy shows up. She does not sound anywhere like a one-man woman at all.

Never the less, a well written end entertaining story - AS ALWAYS!!!!

auhunter04auhunter04almost 13 years ago
mmmm

I dont look at your women as slutty, just experienced. Those of us who went thru the free love era know very well the difference between slutty round heeled girsl and those who enjoy sex.

As before you put in enough facts about the military that those of us who know--know. Just for the record, I find it more tham a bit irritating when a kid just out of highschool winds up at Quantico and in two years is a Captian.

Keep on keeping on with these stories, sometimes I find them a bit to gentle on life, but hey it is your story and that is good

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Hmm a different course for this one -

Same ports of call but a new route -

I did think - for a while - that he or they would decide to sacrifice for the few but needy kids in the old school and to give more of them some ;little extra push - BUT - that is the delusional fix the world Don Quixote in me lol. I gave up tilting at windmills - like weeks ago heh.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueover 5 years ago
no

I dunno, this story made me feel like a dried out dry-erase marker, and I didn't appreciate that much. The detail was an interesting facet, some of it a bit dense. How does he go from spending four years doing nothing on a frigate to this romantic tale of visiting the parents of the fallen? I got through two and a half pages then even when he met Carol or whoever, there's lots of conversation, but not a lot going on. The exposition really needs to develop during spending time doing things, not a big block of speech, followed and ended by sex. Actually I'm not sure how it ended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A 5 Rating But,Not in Your Top 5.

Another excellent romance but the ending was a little bumpy. Would have liked to have seen a little more of the aftermath of the resolution.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Warm and wonderful love story. stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Love Story!

Slow start for him and then built up to a great finish and he got the girl!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Classic Romance done super well! 5*+

A MUST READ!!!

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous