Robotech: Sweet Vengeance Ch. 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Miriya was taken totally off-guard. Try as she might, Miriya couldn't prevent her mecha from being knocked over backward. When she managed to bring the mecha back to a standing position, Miriya was enraged. "You think to do combat with me?" she screamed, though he couldn't hear her. "You impudent fool!"

Max was silently watching, waiting with gun in hand to see what the alien mecha would do. He didn't bother with the radio; Max's Battloid's hand on the trigger was all the communication Max felt he needed. The Battloid said it all as it stood waiting, poised, with autocannon ready, allowing her the option. The clearest challenge imaginable.

"Well friend, what next?" Max asked, eager to see what the next phase in this challenging encounter would be.

Miriya was starting to view the Micronian in a different light. Khyron was right! This Micronian is a demon of war!

* * * * *

"Open the overhead hatch nearest them!" Gloval snapped. "We have to force the alien out of the ship!"

* * * * *

The Quadrono's exterior pickups caught the sound of grinding brute servomotors, and Miriya detected the opening of the hatch above her as she shouldered aside a building, crumbling it to pieces like a plaster model, to get some fighting room.

Miriya came to a sudden decision right then. It's not good enough simply to die killing him! Miriya's mind reasoned. He must die knowing that I live!

Before she could reconsider, Miriya's thrusters blazed, and the powered armor began to lift, rocketing up through the open hatch.

Oh no you don't, Max thought as he mechamorphosed into fighter mode, and rushed after her, avoiding the flock of sizzling missiles she fired to help aid in her escape.

Miriya fired the energy weapons built into its giant hands of her mecha—particle beams and annihilation discs, as she exited the hatch that open above her, in the hopes of scoring a quick kill. Max dodged them, and then imaged the VT into a ballistic climb, following still, but the Quadrono had gained a slight advantage, placing distance between itself, Max, and the SDF-1.

"Lost your taste for combat my friend?" Max knew this round was over, but he had a feeling he'd see this particular Zentraedi again.

Then Lisa face popped on the VT's tec net. "Return to base, Vermilion Two. You've beaten him."

"Not decisively," Max said, watching the Quadrono became a small green dot on the horizon before doing a vertical boost for the atmosphere. Turning for home, Max there was no clear-cut victory. Who knew how it would have turned out if the alien had stayed? He knew realized that it could have easily gone either way, and the Zentraedi pilot knew it too.

* * * * *

Seething, Miriya guided her Quadrono back into the stratosphere. "Miriya will not forget this day, Micronian—and you will pay for it. So I vow!"