All Comments on 'Rule 11'

by CamillaHumby

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Zero Maintenance Read about the Rules of a High Maintenance Woman !

That's a good thing by the way and a very good read. One thing for sure though, the arrival of a baby means a whole new game will be in play.

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
I wish

I wish I had a rule 11.

Thanks for the read... i enjoyed it.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Lovely!

absolutely delightful and beautifully written piece.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
Nice

Terrific, well-written flash story. Thank you.

AlwaysrainingAlwaysrainingover 11 years ago
Clever

Clever and touching, with a wry smile at the end. Thank you

Iread2relaxIread2relaxover 11 years ago
Thank you

This is a loving wives story. So simple and sweet. Nice. 5 stars +. If I could I'd vote 5 stars multiple times.

Zed56Zed56over 11 years ago
Outstanding Story

Wish there were more like this.Truly Loving Wives. Thanks 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
nice plot

teenage love story rendition

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
since he uses rubbers usually hope he is the father

would really suck if he isnt and she has cheated.

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago
Yep

I have to agree with anonymous. The implications of cheating and getting knocked up by someone else put a damper on this story. Seems more like an Erituc Coupling story as well. Just what did she do to comply with Rule 11 beyond not saying no. Perhaps I read the rule wrong but wasn't she suppose to get him off not lie there being a passive participant. I could see some real potential to this story line but the incessant selfishness and open ended way she became pregnant keeps it from fulfilling that potential to me. Simply a cute little male perspective I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
There might have been a story here...

But you didn't find it. Nothing interesting happened. Maybe if the husband had been the one to initially refuse, the wife had invoked rule 11, and used it as an excuse to cajol the husband into something he was uncomfortable with, it might have lead to interesting complications. This wife just sounds like a bitch to me. She certainly seems to wear the pants.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

This little story was pure entertainment, a great way to start off the day.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Excellent Flash Story

The fact that some readers found something to complain about and even constructed a cheating scenario amazes me! I enjoyed it as served. There is no way that some of us will ever be satisfied.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago

Hmmmm... as some commenters noted the condom issue: if he the ftaher or not? Perhaps she cheated? Perhaps a condom broke? Or perhaps they forgot to put on one before as had happened this time? It thus might be a good idea to write a follow up for the next day...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A youngish female author who is only "attached"

That pretty much explain the ending with the I am already pregnant line. The impish quality of a married woman (of course the author hasn't a clue about being a married woman) delighting in informing her husband that she is pregnant from an encounter before. Interesting that she is sure which places conception about a month before and probably when it happened her husband was not even in the room. Rule 11 is absurd and childish especially for a couple moving toward the celebration of 15 years.

Were it me there would be no way i hell i would have made it past 1 years with the coniving cheating bitch and that most likely would apply to the author also.

CamillaHumbyCamillaHumbyover 11 years agoAuthor
Hmmmm....

I do try to write 'sparingly' - I enjoy stories that let me fill in the details or enjoy the scenario personally and I try to provide that for my readers. However(!), this leaves elements open for interpretations that are unintended. I absolutely did not mean to imply the wife was having sex outside the marriage, yet I see how readers could interpret the story that way. Everyone's life experiences are different. :^)

I also appreciate readers who enjoy the story just for what it is and it makes me happy to think that I delighted some of you, as that was my intent.

Thank you all for your comments!

PalindronePalindroneover 11 years ago
Wonderful short story

I really enjoyed this one. It was a pleasure to read about married couple that lead a fairly normal life and still love one another. I didn't read anything into the ending, just took it at face value. Having seen some of the comments I can see how it could be interpreted differently, but it would be a bit of a stretch.

It's rare when LW stories make me smile, but this one did.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 11 years ago

The author wrote:

"I do try to write 'sparingly' - I enjoy stories that let me fill in the details or enjoy the scenario personally and I try to provide that for my readers. However(!), this leaves elements open for interpretations that are unintended. I absolutely did not mean to imply the wife was having sex outside the marriage, yet I see how readers could interpret the story that way. Everyone's life experiences are different."

I prefer stories which are written “sparingly” - and if (taking this story as an example) a reader somehow comes up with a cheating scenario – tant pis. Authors who feel compelled to fill in all the details, e.g., the woman's 38DD breasts, the guy's nine inch cock – make nothing but trouble for themselves with readers like me – active imaginations and a sense of the possible and/or ridiculous. With the pregnancy issue: condoms break, condoms leak, people forget to put them on – and, if the proponents of the cheating scenario thought about it just a little bit, wouldn't the woman be extra careful to use a condom properly – and take measures (e.g., Plan B) if it failed? Of course she would.

One last thing: I'll bet that you wish people would read before they wrote. An "anonymous" poster claimed you could not have a clue about the mind of a married woman - yet in comments to you bio you talk about writing your first story for your husband. Ah, ignorance is such bliss

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
got the same problem

if he always wore a rubber who the hell is the father?

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
DOES THE PAY ATTENTION

ever prevail in this relationship. TK U MLJ LV NV

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
cute little story

To those reading cheating in this,I quote Freud who once said a cigar is sometimes just a cigar...This is simply a couple that figured out a way to use a rule to tantallize each other...condoms break and leak,sometimes couples do the pull out method that fails,ya never know.No guile here just a cute story.

I will add that judging by some of the comments the campaign to snuff out critical rreasoning skills is already alive and well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

just another slut wife who wont let her husband knock her up but wi;; let another man knock her up.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
here is how

"I didn't put a rubber on..."

"It's okay, I'm already pregnant."

if he puts a rubber on to have sex but he didnt do it this time how did she get pregnant?

if he had written after ". . . already pregnant, YOU FORGOT THE LAST TIEM TOO."

but leaving it as it is - he always wears a rubber and she is pregnant? that makes you wonder.

JonATaylorJonATaylorover 11 years ago
Really Nice Marriage

Anyone who can see even a hint of conflict in this ditty is just plain wierd. This is a divine thought process of a true loving wife, using wit and humor and fine writing, to describe how close two people can get when they are really in love.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Good story, dumb rule!

Enjoyed the story. Cute concept and general principle, but has to be inconvenient or unwise in some situations! In this case, all he had to do was leave the room, then come back in and invoke the dreaded '11'. The refusal should stand for 24 hours once invoked, with a 'refusers option' to revoke the time-out!

I cannot justify a 'cheating' interpretation of this story! We are listening to HER mind as the PoV, and it would have been part of her internal monologue!

5*

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Great flash-story

From the comments, it's weird how commenters interpret a story so differently. There are some real "she-done-me-wrong-so-all-women-are-bitches" hard-cases trolling around here; sad, really. I thought it was a loving, erotic, entertaining, slice-of-life story that was very well done technically and artistically. Not a fan of analingus, so that was a bit of a turn-off, but different strokes....

rvwsrvwsover 11 years ago
Nice Story

This is what I call a true loving wife story. Way to go Camillia. 5*

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
Sweet

The story rings true with love and it reads as if this couple really have their lives in control and are very happy.

A very believable and enjoyable story.

Thanks for the read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great

Husband and wife.

Love.

Faithful.

It doesn't get any better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cheating or not?

There is very little evidence of cheating in the story, but let's try to remember where it was posted. I'm guessing at least 80% of the wives in LOVING WIVES are getting it from someone other than their spouses. Given the ambiguity of the story on this point, it is not unreasonable to assume that might be happening here. Instead of degrading those who questioned this point, try asking the author for an explanation or requesting a chapter 2. If CamillaHumby is bothered by these questions she can address the issue or post in a different category, as she chooses. Casting aspersions on those who suspect cheating in these stories is like ridiculing a fisherman for fishing in a lake.

maninconnmaninconnover 10 years ago
Terrific

I am going to propose Rule 11 at my house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Watching NCIS too much?

Memorize Gibbs rules and your story might improve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FINALLY a real loving wife story!

5 stars and a big thank you!!! Keep em coming!!!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE ULTIMATE HEIGHT OF CONCEIT

not saying anything till you can have a put-down. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Boo Yah

Great surprise ending. Poor guy never saw that coming at him! She is such a tease!

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 6 years ago
Wrong Category?

When submitting a story in the LW category, the author must expect some unpleasant comments. LW commenters are a suspicious lot and always looking for ways that the story can be twisted into something unintended by the author.

Read exactly as written this is a fine, romantic, flash story about a loving couple who have found a way to continue their love making that works for them.

Why can't we just leave it that way? Or maybe it should have been listed under the Romantic category where small minds are less frequent.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 5 years ago
Great ..

little flash story. It was one of the most enjoyable stories that I've read here for a very long time. The description of how she took care of herself and did things to gently manipulate her loving husband to increase his (and her) pleasure, was beautiful. Let's face it. We all do it, men and women. Men, we get a hair cut, take an extra shower, wear sexy cologn (sp ?), wear tight pants to show off our package, shine our shoes, etc., etc.. We all want our partner to do something for us, even if it's just lying there with their arms over their head. Who among us hasn't used rubbers as birth control? Depending on the timing of her periods, sometimes we don't need to. However, it's not an exact science. Things happen. Regardless, you painted a wonderful picture of a loving couple with a little twist they created for themselves that increased their mutual enjoyment. Great writing.

Easily a 5. 😊😊😊😊😊

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Oh

Wait until it hits him. Great little loving wife story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

lame

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A loving wife in the Loving Wives category. What a concept.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story, excellent finish, well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous