All Comments on 'Rules of Marriage Ch. 04 - FTDS'

by FinishTheDamnStory

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Neither

Good effort but to be honest I don't believe this ends any better than the celt's. It certainly ends in a manner I prefer but the story itself is a stereotype and predictable. I don't believe that the abusive bitch the celt created in Ch. 4 wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes with Sam this version of "perfection" is equally unbelievable. I like the victim getting their due but this was too contrived. You, and others, may suppose a man who leaves his children for a year might be willing to come back like this but I don't believe the character from the celt would abandon his daughters for the rest of their lives so easily. My opinions about your choices. There are plenty of stories here to end in your way so keep after it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Better leaving

Someone cheats I honestly feel they have something really wrong with their mind set

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
The kids?

I really feel sorry for the innocent daughters...collateral damage I guess.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
5*s and i am yet to read this story!!

Just the idea of you finishing those half told stories rates 5 stars actually 10 stars!! You have your work cut out when you venture into JPBs library lol. Anyways as the saying Goes "Who was that mask man? i dont know but he left a Finished Story". Hi Ho quil away! you are a real hero in our little LW section. Maybe now the authors will take the time to finish their stories OR fall pray to "The FTDS". BRAVO!! And now back to the story! BTW write lots of pages for us OK

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Gone for a full year and he never takes responsibility for his actions?

He didn't just leave her, that I could understand; but he abandoned his girls. Discarded them like garbage and when his ex wife, that he miraculously divorced without her knowledge, takes him to task for it, all he can say is she drove him away?

Any male that can abandon his children and think that a 5 minute hug and some pop is going to fix them is NOT a man at all, he is a coward. A piece of shit...and that is an insult to shit.

God help his new wife if she fucks up because he'll abandon her children as well.

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
A bit of a dick

He kind of came off as a bit of a dick in your ending--if he saw the kids again, fine and if he didn't, that was fine too.

It could have been better.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Putting lipstick on a pig

that is all you are doing here; putting lipstick on the celt's pig. In this case it's cheap lipstick. Abandoning his children to a slut? Meh!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Nice ending...

...but no real surprise or alternative. Nevertheless I am pleased that there is someone to complete the stories . Don´t give it up.

Perhaps one or two pages more could have spiced it up a bot more..but: well done.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Much Better Ending

A little short & rough but in essence a much better ending. The original ending tried make it the guys fault or partially his fault, as many bitch writers are wont to do.

In fact he was the victim, and acted accordingly. But in the world of bitch writers the cheating slut still managed to live happily ever after. Ah well! Celt hasn't submitted anything for awhile, maybe her husband but a gag on that bitch. This site is much better off without her.

FinishTheDamnStoryFinishTheDamnStoryover 10 years agoAuthor
The Kids

I tend to agree with the comments about hubby. In my continuation, I don't like to change the original story. The man abandoned his family for a year. I find that hard to accept. I would think he'd write, skype, call, do something with the kids. In the original he sent them gifts for their birthday and Christmas. That's it.

He DID say, he'd fight for custody, if she kept up her behavior. She didn't, so according to his own decision, he wouldn't.

That's how theCelt wrote it. The man IS a dick. He's moved on. He'd like to have something to do with his kids, but doesn't seem to matter that much. That's how I interpreted the original character.

As such, I believe any issues anyone has with his behavior concerning the kids, is justified. He is selfish, to leave for a year, without almost no contact, and just move on. Not the most likable protagonist, I agree.

Thanks for the honest feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Alls Well that Ends Well

Love the ending. the girls were the casualty here. However, a loveless marriage with a slut that would keep on doing the same thing is no way to live . Long live the loyal and those who take their vows seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One or the other

2 camps tend to comment here, people who've had real relationships (spouses, children) and understand the realities of life - they could no more abandon their kids than cut off their arm; and people who've never had a LTR or are psychopaths and exist in a vacuum of sorts - their absolutist view is based upon never having experienced love for another, only themselves.

A "real man" will take abuse from his boss, eat beans and rice, etc - whatever it takes to satisfy his responsibility as a father; an "internet hard man" will serve himself and his desires and ego to the detriment of his responsibilities.

Simple as that.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago

Just because you are a cheater doesn't mean you aren't owed some basic civility. Frankly, most of the wife's arguments in thecelt's version worked for me because there were some justifications to her feelings. Dad DID run away. Dad DID abandon his daughters.

That being said, while she did some personal growth, SHE NEEDED IT. One weak spot in thecelts story.

This version...well, the hubby doesn't feel like the original character. Not so much.

And exactly how does that work "I came here to see my daughters, but I already booked another flight in 20 minutes to go away." Which is it? That is a meaningful damned twenty minutes!

It feels like a fantasy: hot Nordic totally devoted woman who gives up her career to follow a guy and magically gets pregnant. Certainly she isn't put off at all by the fact he DOESN'T have a divorce and might be leading her on...or that the sight of his daughters will melt his rock hard heart (he's LESS sympathetic that thecelt's version).

Maybe I'm cynical. I didn't like the guy.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Ha ha

If you can't be more of a father than that, then I'm rooting for the other side. I guess at least you managed to make him totally deserving of getting cucked the way he did.

mickymouse113mickymouse113over 10 years ago
Bend the Rules next time

There are many stories that I have read where I would love an ending and I am glad that somebody else also tries to write them.

As a life long fan of fan fiction I can certainly understand the desire to 'stick to canon' and respect you for doing so.

That said there are times when a break from canon is allowed. You have stated how you would have liked daddy to act - Perhaps you could write an ending to this story in which Dad behaves as you wish.

No longer 'based on' but more an 'inspired by' kind of story.

Feel free to change a few details. If your going to write an ending then fixing a few flaws while you do so is allowed.

Thanks for writing and I'll be sampling your next submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
?

I don't understand the obsessive compulsion by some to attempt to rewrite stories. Real life must be a bitch because you can't rewrite history. BTW I commend you on the link which enabled me to find the orginal story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
thecelt's ending to this story was great

It actually had some nuance, legitimate emotions from both characters. Some honesty, and and ending that feels real.

This version is just a hot mess.

JennyBearJennyBearover 10 years ago
Why

First of all TheCelt did finish the orginal story. I didn't view this as an improvement to his chapter 4. This version was flat with no drama. I was not a big fan of the original ending however it was vastly superior to this.

Hey thanks for the link it's been a long time since I've read anything by TheCelt. IMHO one of the best authors on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Saying all that shit in front of his kids is fucked up.

I realize that you brought them into the initial scene in order to make a visual impact, but what kind of complete douchebag says all that in front of his kids? Tells them that he deliberately abandoned them in order to punish their mother? Tells them he cares more about making his own new family than about the kids he already has?

Yeah, she's a disrespectful bitch, but he's a cunt who treats his kids like shit.

I haven't read TheCelt's story and it doesn't really sound worth reading from her bitchy attitude and his self-involved disrespect for his own kids, and hell, maybe they aren't "really" his kids, but that doesn't seem to be the case when he's half-heartedly making comments to be with them despite sitting there in front of them and talking about how he cares more about his new family.

That's just a shitty way to treat your kids, and ensure that they remain in therapy for their adult lives.

FYI: Using your story to score political points in marriages is fucking bullshit. I'm not going to score you down for it, but political views are no part of marriage, and the man that expects his wife to change her political views AFTER marrying her is a fucking tool. Either they agree or they don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice try....

The character of Sam in this version was far more shallow than the first version. His actions were on par with the wife. Your efforts, though, are appreciated. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This is pathetic

thecelt wrote a sophisticated story of real adults getting it wrong. This is a childish revenge story of an immature mind.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Ok wait

So this story, as my previous comment stated, was not my cup of tea at all. But it wasnt half as bad as 90% of the btb stuff that comes by...the level of vitriol here is extreme.

The quality of the writing was sound as a pound, as I assume Brits still say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the great myths

Of the LW genre is that, in real life, husbands get to declaim speeches from their pulpits while the wives just sit there and listen. That's just a BTB wet dream. In real life, you'd be talking to the wife's back assuming that she showed up at all.

Women neither want nor need nor would put up with your pompous oratory. You'd be talking to yourself in one of these guy fantasies about "I'll give that bitch a real talking-to." Sure you will. Dream on. Women can quickly see if they're going to get what they want or not and if they're not, they don't hang around to play audience.

The Celt's story was finished. Yours is just a childish rant. Instead of this, why not get an education & a job and try to become a man that a woman might want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow that was ugly.

Your ending seemed simplistic and implausible. Instead of two adults with problems, you reduced them to a couple of 6 year old children fighting over a sucker. With his new attitude, I liked him FAR less than the cheating wife. You made him even less appealing when he simply declares that his two children were of no importance to him. He comes off as a narcissistic, self-centered prick. And his thoughts that his traveling would make him exempt from the law seems unrealistic. The Celts version, although not appealing to my romantic side, was much better done than your rewritten ending. Try again. There are a Ton of unfinished stories out there.

fausttusfausttusover 10 years ago
missed the boat on this one

nice to try to write a better ending, but read the story your trying to finish first.

thecelt pretty much tied up the loose ends. You didn't like the wife not enough suffering, so get over it. It would have been better if you would have wrote the missing chapter of while he was gone she suffered. Not the ending.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
TheCelt had this one right

I thought thecelt did a better job of this story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
Well done. 5*

Please, finish some more stories, and start some of your own, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

There were only 2 ways for this end. Either he wimps out as he did thecelts version or he doesn't. If he stayed home she would have continued to disrespect him along with her dad. He would have seen the kids every other weekend at best. She wouldn't have had her "breakdown". The kids would have suffered in any event. She made no effort to have the kids communicate with him so she could break him down. They could have skyped with him at her mom's house. They could have sent him letters pictures etc through his boss or lawyer. She could have passed on information about her "progress" and revelations the same way but chose not to. It was all about her. She didn't even leave her job. She chose them to be collateral damage.

That said the 20 minute reunion and the mysterious one sided divorce areas that needed work. It was a good effort. Maybe you will try to end Revelations??

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
shit story

Write and u own stories and stop fucking up others.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Anonymous

Commented that women do not sit still for speeches from husbands in situations like this. Hogwash. The couples counseling mandated by family court in most infidelity divorces specifically assigns the aggrieved spouse just this a speech to his or her spouse.

TXanyTXanyover 10 years ago
Yours is better

I went back and read all four chapters. I remember reading it before, but really paid attention this time, knowing I was about to read an alternative ending. I found the original ending sad, disjointed and a little bit odd. She cheated, he left and she was mad at him for leaving and turned the tables on him when he returned, demanding he understand her pain and what she had been through for the last year. I find this odd, especially in light of the fact she had professional counseling where she learned she was responsibile for her actions which led from her attitude of disrespect. So what does she do in Chapter four, but heap piles of more disrespect on him when he returns?....as I said: odd and disjointed. Let's face it...she didn't learn anything.

Thus, I find FTDS' story a lot more realistic. The first story certainly set up the ending...he went off for a year and was going to live by her rules, and he even warned her he might fall in love with someone else. I find this ending much more realistic and also more "true" to the original story. I think a women who went through counseling would have presented a totatlly different response when her husband returned after a year. Thus the original chapter four, imho was too far off the mark and this version makes much more sense and is well written.

tiger46tiger46over 10 years ago
nice job

I liked your ending far better. And you're right. It's better for kids to live with the love of two parents that are divorced than two live in a home where parents express no love for each other.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Sam finding someone he can fully trust. It wasn't about pubishment. Not at all, it was about committment, love, respect, AND trust.

You can't force yourself or anyone else to bestow those characteristics on anyone. If those emotions aren't there - they're not there.

The "Kristen" in this story didn't square with the Kristen in ch 3. You seem to have taken the low road and made her look worse than she already was.5

FinishTheDamnStoryFinishTheDamnStoryover 10 years agoAuthor
Kristen's changes

tiger46: I agree that this Kristen is different from the woman in chapter 3. She is patterned after the woman in chapter 4, after she's been apart for a year, and saw her 'therapist'.

The main thing that drove me to want to continue this story, was her behavior in chapter 4. She was not at all repentant. She was aggressive, attacking, wanting him to do things her way, or not at all:

---

"I think you need to talk to me before you make any decisions. I don't know what you think you are doing but you need to remember that there are three other people involved in this. For the past year, you thought only about yourself when you left me here to fend for the girls and myself. The money you provided was fine, but it wasn't you." My anger had been building since Sam rejected me at the airport. I decided that it had to find an outlet and Sam was it. He was not the only one that paid a heavy price when he left me. He had better learn that fact soon.

Again, Sam was shocked that I wasn't falling all over myself to make amends and beg for his forgiveness. That wasn't going to happen unless and until he sat down with me and worked on the marriage that we shared. If it was over, I would learn to live with that, but I was not going to live this way."

--

I did nothing out of the ordinary for that meeting. I felt that we needed to work things out and that we needed to start on an even level. I had to proceed that way since I wasn't going to beg or grovel. Sam was as wrong in this as I was. Yes, I had cheated and betrayed him but he had left me and my children. We both had problems. I had tried to overcome mine by understanding why I had done what I did and to make changes to my life to be sure they didn't happen again. Sam had run away. At least, that's how I saw it. Maybe that was unreasonable but I didn't think so.

---

Jeez! In that last paragraph, every single sentence was a good reason to dump her. I could break it down, line by line, but I doubt anyone needs the help. It's clear.

The woman in chapter 4 was a bitch. It was now his fault, and he'd do things her way or the highway. Who would want to stay with that?

I believe this is why the first three chapters averaged about a 4.45, with two H ratings, and the ending was a 3.58.

katibkatibover 10 years ago
Sorry

While the Celt's ending was a little weak following three remarkable chapters, yours just does not measure up as good writing or as providing insight into the two characters, especially Kristen's.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 10 years ago
Not Worth The Effort

When Sam came back, he hadn't changed. He expected Kristen to be all submissive and slobbery apologetic and willing to obey his commands. Sam hadn't even worked on his attitude or anything else that would help him to be more introspective and reflective. Kristen, on the other hand, went through a nervous breakdown, therapy, and being a single parent, and found her assertive, apologetic self who COULD be trusted to do the right thing. Good for her!

Your story, on the other hand, basically makes a mockery of all that Kristen went through to get to where she is now and tries to make Sam a stubborn hero. Celt's ending fit the story MUCH better than your ending EVER could. Your ending isn't even written as well as Celt's entire story.

If you insist on rewriting endings to other stories, at least use the characters as they were in the story you are trying to rewrite. At this point, your efforts are efforts in futility.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Fait Accompli

This ending makes ANY action or decision of Sweetie irrelevant. Hubby set an ambiguous position in the original...Hubby said it two ways, but there WAS one fork in the road that Hubby would come back in a year and iron out how they would proceed! NOT SO! He comes back with a pregnant fiancée. He could have declared to Sweetie 3-4 months ago that he was instituting the 'divorce' option which was the OTHER fork in that ambiguous road!

This ending also strongly suggests that something like this was his intention before he left! Weak as it was, TheCelt's ending honored the aspect set up by Hubby that they would each consider their feasibility of their relationship resuming, and the changes they might each have to make to accomplish that! Sweetie DID that, and to a lesser degree, Hubby honestly considered her changes. That reconciliation ultimately did NOT work out, which was clearly a very likely scenario, but it WAS given the chance Hubby seemed to promise!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

how could he just leave his kids?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 10 years ago
It seems as he had no intention of ever getting back with her since he brought with him a pregnant fiance

A good finish and I enjoyed the read.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
No class!

Our heroe brings his pregnant bitch to the airport to kiss off his wife and 2 kids.

Beautiful....fucken beautiful!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More respect for The Celt

I saw/read somewhere the author is now deceased.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not An Improvement

Original Ending was not that good, but this one was worse. He did desert his children for a year. Now he is deserting them permanently!! He has made no effort to clarify or explain what he wants his wife to do. Revised Ending is a bummer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
asshole

Sam's an asshole, no need to say anything else

illjoyilljoyover 10 years ago
Good Read

Better ending than the original

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 10 years ago
Excellent Ending!

Before I read this ending I went back and read TheCelt's 4 part story. What I noticed was the stark difference in writing between Parts 1-3 and Part 4. In Part 3 through therapy Kristen discovered that she did not respect her husband Sam. Then in Part 4 she plays the stuck up bitch expecting to dictate terms to Sam regarding their reconciliation.. She makes a big deal about his leaving to take the kind of job she and her father always thought he should have to support his family. Sam told her that he would not contact her but this lack of contact was part of her "abandonment" blues. Even though Sam did not contact her what prevented her from writing letters to him? Kristen could have through Josh sent notes from the kids, pictures and diary entries on how she was changing into the kind of wife who would follow the rules they could both live. She could have changed jobs in the company to a position with minimal travel reducing the chance she would be in a situation conducive to cheating. She could make her therapist reports available to him and she talk to her father about staying out of her marriage or else.The only good thing about Part 4 was the divorce but the kids had to put up with a bad home life as these fools try to make a bad situation work even though she still did not respect him. The only part of this ending I did not like was bringing Erica when he was to meet with his kids -too cruel and sends the wrong message to the kids. He could have accomplished the same results by spending time with his kids and letting her know that the marriage is over. Kristen would have begged and whined then he could privately show her a picture of Erica. The 'kicking her ass' talk was silly since Sam did not hurt her back when the cheating was first found out so why would he allow her to hurt the mother of his kids in front of them ( a great way to win over them)? I want to thank you for finishing otherwise excellent stories!.

racoon1174racoon1174over 10 years ago
Not that much of an improvement

While I wasn't a huge fan of the celts ending yours left me equally flat. You seemed to have striped everything that made Sam a sympathetic character right out of him. I found it very shocking that you had him dump the kids so callously. I think you might have been able to tell a revenge is living well ending without turning him into such an asshole.

I like your writing and I'm loving the concept of finishing off these stories so please don't take this as a knock. Looking forward to the next Finish The Damn Story story.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Maybe a little farfetched...

... but definitely a better ending than the original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not much of a "real" man in your ending

You actually made him out to be even worse than Cpete's character. You had him burn himself.

BTW: This Sam permanently lost the respect from his daughters. Mother didn't even need to bad mouth Sam to do it.

Can you rewrite this ending? Gave you only 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sam needs neutered

what the hell makes you, author, think Sam is any better than his bitch wife? what kinda asshole are YOU to attempt making a sympathetic figure out of a guy that runs out on his kids cause his wife cheated? He didn't deserve his wifes respect.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
This is a great ending

why because it is a true telling of one great aspect, men in USA CANADA Hell THE WEST! dont get the kids dont get treated fair in a divorce...the courts would have given them to her(fact) he would have gotten shit for visitation because he traveled for work(fact), she was a lying cheating bitch who wanted everything on her terms and women use their kids to bash the ex's in all cases of messy divorces(fact), she destroyed him and the family he just pulled the plug, the kids want to hate him go ahead not like they give a shit past 12 anyway dads a paycheck, stay and have a slow lingering pitiful death in front of your kids or leave and if they want contact they get a fully functioning male, what reason is there to stay? to be a man? what does that mean....financially support them k,but ex's dad are treated like shit in North America...nope he played by the bitches rules and won his freedom and traded up. remember she was "ill take it all" and thats good for the kids how?

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE AUTHOR "SPAKE" THE TRUTH

it is an ending and no closure, TK U MLJ LV NV does anyone dare to compete and re-finish..mlj

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Very interesting...

...people's selective morality (the commentators). I felt this ending made sense, both in real life and in the realm of the story and characters. Why are commentators so willing to accept the woman's actions in these stories, but when a guy does the same thing, or even shows a semblance of self-preservation he becomes a bad guy? And this crap about staying for the kids sake... the kids growing up in a loveless marriage tainted by hate is better? How?

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
I didn't like this ending

The Celt's original ending was rushed, but more in line with Sam and Kirsten's characters, I believe. I think Kirsten HAD learnt the mistakes she made and how to correct them, Sam came back expecting total capitulation, and unable to let go. Just my opinion.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Demonized the wife, dammed the kids by his self absorbed callousness . Cheap.

Make no mistake. The wife had a huge slice of humble pie and or divorce coming. Yet Sam had his quotient of that plate due by the Celt's conclusion. Sam punished his kids, in tandem with the wife for her transgression. That's wrong, as in kid- psyche wrecking wrong.

You come back for a week every 3 months to see them, bare minimum. Each half of that couple was fatally flawed in terms of mutual compatibility aka wrong for each other for different reasons. The Celt's solution of each remarrying other partners was on the money, by my lights.

Kudos for effort, though. If this ' failure' helped you write what seems to be a nigh unabated triumph like " Cuckold Diet Solution " . Bravo. Then as a aspiring author, I can learn from this. Thank you .

FinishTheDamnStoryFinishTheDamnStoryover 10 years agoAuthor
Deleted FD45 Comment

Sorry, no more comments from FD45, since he's decided to delete my comments.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
One Of Your Best***

Thanks for sharing. This one could stand alone it's that good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Shoulda known FTDS would be so callous as to do that to children, shame on you asshole!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So we're supposed to believe the only reason he visited was to spend time with his kids...

and finally demonstrate to his wife that he'd been more successful playing by her rules than she had.

Of course, she had been playing at playing; he forced her to take a timeout while he was playing for keeps (in entirely justifiable payback, of course.)

Okay, fine. You get to feel smug. You won. You raised the stakes and you won. You and Mrs Swede can spend the rest of your lives telling each other that.

But don't pretend that you came all that way to spend an hour and twenty minutes with your kids. You're a liar, and you have no intent of being a father. Maybe a provider, but not a Father. You're too emotionally immature to be a Father, because you nursed your booboos instead of growing up.

FTDS, you can take your smug heroes and go to h*ll. It's better if your characters never saw the light of day. They neither BTB nor grow up.

In short, there's a reason why almost every author takes one of the two obvious ways out--they are the only ways that work. Your stories avoid the obvious and end up failing the reality check AND the respect-the-protagonist check.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 10 years ago
Good one

Another winner from my prospective. Really like this one.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 10 years ago
Not the Greatest

I must say that this is the first of your endings that I did not think was a worthwhile read. The father's attitude toward his children leaves something to be desired. When he patted his new wife's stomach and basically said he was starting a replacement family, I wanted to punch him in the mouth.

The story would have been better if he had tried using some of his new found wealth to get at least partial custody. If he was my father and only wanted to see me for a couple of weeks in the summer I would tell him to take a hike.

Keep on trying though and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I have to let the cat in.

You have a great handle and thanks for finishing all the damn stories that need a a decent ending. This one was great. Could have had a little more compassion for the kids but the wife needed to be slammed down. She came on like gangbusters in the original ending and I wanted him to send her to the moon. Your ending made me feel better. Thanks. I have to let the cat in.

Sassy_th4ngSassy_th4ngover 10 years ago
Hmmm

Ok so I've loved all of your stories to date. I even loved this one, with the exception of the way Sam handled the kids at the end. I'm hoping that it's just a lack of clarity and not that you meant him to be so dismissive and indifferent of his relationship with his existing children. Reading between the lines I'm thinking that perhaps it wasn't Sam's wish to not be a large part of his girls' life but rather that he assumed that Kirsten would block his access to the children, resulting in a lack of relationship between father and daughters....I'm hoping that's the case as it seemed to hint that at the very end.

Regardless, I'm still a fan! Thanks, hugs and kisses in advance of your next story.

shaman43shaman43over 10 years ago
As per usual

Do not know why I ever read a story of yours. I haven't since the first two but was just perusing thru old stories and here was this story by the Celt. A great writer and good enough to be published. Saw your story and was curious but did not check to see who wrote it. Damn now I will be have a bad mood for a few hours. As usual you only want revenge even when it hurts the innocent. In the Celts story each of them grows particularly the wife. She has become honorable and trustworthy with that growth. The husband had to grow too but was not able to let go of the pain. That is OK too since they found a way to be happy with their lives and selves and be honorable/trustworthy/successful. She did not whine. She told it like it was. Earlier she was a cunt for her betrayal. He was a prick for his betrayal and yes that is what it was. It must be nice to life in such a place of smugness to write these stories of revenge for no purpose so the plot line winds up hurting many others characters in collateral damage. Grow up emotionally some will you.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
The kids get me too -

The rest works fine - she made the rules - decided the game so he tried and won - she lost -

The kids are the innocents and deserved better or at least more - he will be there if she let's it happen - she has the control - they are pawns and that is not good for them ever.

I expect he loves them and wants to be there for them and will try and even if absent will do well for them but the message is still not good for them from him - I walked away and you were not enough for me to stay.

Kids are nit asked if they want to be born - once we are arrogant enough to require they be born we own their well being - period - anything less is disservice.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Thecelt wrote many fine stories on this site. R.I.P. However his ch. 4 of this tale was not one of them. FTDS take has the cheated on husband living by the wife's rules, which included not being faithful. She deserved no quarter because, unknown to the husband although he probably guessed, she cheated before. Total lack of respect. So he acted accordingly. Alright so he was a cheating prick also. But she earned the divorce. She drew first blood. Now she has to live with this situation. One more thing. The husband should try to get custody of the kids.

Okay maybe that's a stretch. Oh well.

Keep up the good work. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I don't think thecelt's original chapter four was so very bad. Granted, I wasn't happy with his conclusion either, but it wasn't anything extreme I couldn't live with.

Your take on it I actually like, but I wouldn't say it's as good as some of your other attempts. Because the writing was very well done, as usual, I've voted 4/5 stars nevertheless.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 10 years ago
It is a simple choice of "Rules".... which do you follow (agree with) or not

The Celt clarified his as did FTDS . I simply choose the latter.

Both great story and writing, both great end.

Thanks go to The Celt for sharing so much with us on Lit. and to FTDS for now sharing his writing.

X

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very nice follow up to the Celt's pathetic ending to "Rules of the Marriage" FTDS!

To put in SIMPLE terms for the "idiot, cheating, WHORE wife apologist" who want to blame everyone BUT Kristen for her despicable actions, SHE is a pathetic excuse as a wife, a mother and a female ... a disgrace to her gender .. period!

- She broke her marriage vows,

- repeatedly lied to her husband,

- disrespected & cheated on the person she "supposedly" loved,

- tore her family apart,

- ruined her marriage,

- committed adultery,

- potentially exposed her "innocent" husband to life altering/deadly STD's,

- failed to learn from her transgressions,

..... shall I go on?????????

The apologist declare she has "grown" and "learned" from her mistakes ..............

I say HOW?

First .... She remains employed at the same company that allowed her to cheat "THREE" times on Sam! Obviously, she is "working hard" to reassure her husband that "My marriage comes first"! Wonder how long it take before her new "family first priorities" get in the way of a "FOURTH" time?!?

Second .... It's STILL all about her .. NOT the children, NOT Sam .. but her! EVERYTHING she says screams "ME, ME, ME"! If her year of reflection was suppose to be "educational" she earned an "F". Or to put in another way ... "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!"

Third .... She has a curious way of showing Sam how she has grown during the past year of "self-reflection" and "examination"! What was it she said?? .. oh yeah, "it was wrong, it was cruel and it dishonored you and our marriage. I understand what I did wrong and I have learned some hard lessons" ... and then she eloquently demonstrates how much she has changed by opening her big mouth and "lovingly" telling him - "You bastard! I'll take you for everything—". Odd way of demonstrating her remorse and desire to start over ... don't you think?

I could continue to "pile on" additional facts but why??? To show she has no real moral character or she is worthy of a "do over" ... frankly, it's not worth the time and in sporting terms I would be accused of "running up the score".

For those of you who still want to blame the innocent while providing excuses to the narcissistic actions of this BITCH, I say give it your best shot ... you are as blind to the truth as she is!

Thus ends the lesson.

"CHEATING WHORE WIVES ARE THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE!"

searching0240searching0240almost 10 years ago
I Don't Think People Understand What It means To Be In The Military

My father was career military. He was stationed in a number of places that he couldn't take his family. (including Korea and Vietnam) That is the reality of military life. Knowing my father, that worked out great for him. But that is another story. The duty of a military wife is to maintain the home-front. My mother did everything she could to foster and maintain a relationship between me, my brothers and my father. My mother did not like the travel (being away from her family). She also hated my father's absences. But she understood her duty, and she did it, for 22 years.

Kristin "flaked-out" after one year! One year!!. From Sam's description, she didn't do anything to maintain the relationship between Sam and the girls. Yet she attempts to use the girls to guilt Sam. And even after her betrayal, she's whining about the year being hard on her.

I have little or no respect for people who join the military. The military is a hierarchical, authoritarian organization. The military's idea of honor is to "follow orders", even if that means killing innocent men, women and even children. Those that join are trained and conditioned to be bullies and thugs. It teaches America's true values: might makes right, fear equals respect, and brutality and cruelty are the first and best solution to any problem. You've probably heard the expression, to a carpenter every tool is a hammer, and every problem is nail. For the military, the tool is violence. (mental and physical) That's not my opinion, it is a fact. The joke on the military bases when I was growing up was, "Join the military, travel the world to exotic places, meet interesting people, and kill them". I'm particularly disappointed when non-white people join the military. The only people black Americans have had to fight for freedom and justice, are white Americans. So we should not be joining the military to fight for freedom and justice, unless the military is going to start killing white Americans.

That having been said...,

If Kristin actually loved Sam, and wanted to remain married to him, she did an extremely poor job of supporting him or the family, even beyond the betrayal. I don't see how you can worship the military, as most Americans do, and not get that.

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hmmm...for the last commenter

Your anti-military screed left me convinced of a number of things. First, you obviously have no clue what people who make a career of the military are like. I'd explain it to you, but I doubt you have the capacity to understand. Next, you are a coward. People tend to project themselves onto others (something I've noticed liberals do quite a lot.) Your projection of "bullies" was deliberate, your designation of "killers" was deliberate, yet I'd bet my last dollar you've never met a military person that killed or bullied. And yet you seek to bully with your words those who serve, and vainly attempt to kill such notions of honor, dignity, and service. On the behalf of my fellow veterans, I am pleased to call you a stupid cocksucker; I will not hope that you die of intestinal cancer in a place where morphine is as of yet uninvented, but I will entertain a deep and abiding wish that you be rectally relieved by a syphilitic boar using a sandpaper rubber. Many times. Go fuck yourself.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 10 years ago
both wrong

I don't believe he should have left the kids, he could have taken the job and commuter-ed oversea on job contracts and returned to see the kids but 12 months with out a decisions is wrong. Both thecelt's and FTDS ending are wrong morally and each version shows a selfish parent acting badly, two wrongs don't make it right. Those kids are going to grow up with so many problems, he should have ended it sooner and both got on with their lives. T

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 10 years ago
Leaving kids

Sorry motherfucker that will walk away from his kids. Bad juju.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GET REAL.

Now children, you know the Pimpery (aka Divorce Courts ) would never give him custody of his kids. So he might just as well cut his losses and try and maintain what contact he can with his kids.

BesoinNormal69BesoinNormal69over 9 years ago
Great story except for the kids

Your writing is of the charts but no real man would drop his kids for a year like thecelt's original story did or your story continued to do the in the same vein. She deserved what she got but perhaps the girls needed thier dad's arm around them a little more than what Hallmark would give them.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
The kids

It's obvious from TheCelt's original story that had he stayed he would have spent the year being jerked around on visitation by the wife, and the only time they would have seen him was when he came to the door and got into some kind of argument with her. That's the kind of disrespect she was dumping on him their entire marriage.

His only real choices were to stay in the marital home and continue to be dumped on, or to do what he did. He should arrange for someone he can trust to handle whatever money he sends for the kids rather than let the ex have control over it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fantastic ending.

Much better than thecelts. In his ending the wife was still a selfish bitch. No marriage will be the same after cheating. Trust? There will always be a nagging doubt. And what's with all the Sam hate? What's wrong with you idiots? She cheated. He moved on... There is really only one thing to do with a slut. Walk out and find a better woman. Cheaters deserve all the punishment they get. Actions do have consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This is the worst

ending to any story you have ever written. I am one of the biggest fans of BTB, but there has to be some room for negotiation. He took the cowards way out and walked out on his girls because of what his wife did. Yes, she was completely wrong and made very poor decisions. Would I forgive her in the same situation? Probably not. Could I ever trust her again? Maybe never. She did everything she could do to try to come back to some level of sanity, but that was still not enough for him. Nothing would have been enough for him. Begging, groveling, chastity belt, or ankle tether. If he was going to divorce her, do it straight away, but to leave like he did was unforgivable. You turned Kristen into a vindictive bitch in one page. Erica was just a 5 paragraph walking cunt. 1 * because there was nothing lower than 0.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Harsh but seems fair overall -

The ex is still totally focused on herself - he kept trying to work within her rules she kept shitting on him - end it - move on. Work out things as best as you can for the children who are innocents -.

fiddler2068fiddler2068about 9 years ago
Kids as hostages

That's the thing isn't it? If the ex-wife can't use the kids as hostages, the balance of power goes back to the guy. He can always move and find another job elsewhere in the world where the BS judgements of the US family court has no power.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Naturally, the toughest guy in the whole wide world

" Erica can kick the ass of 99% of the men in the world. I'm lucky to be in that last 1%."- Of course he is. He's a Literotica protagonist.

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Ha ha ha, Cue all the 'Hellen Lovejoy's' out there

“Won't someone PLEEEEEASE think of the children!”

And, as in 'The Simpsons', no one cares!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So cold!

As much as I like most of your endings,this one stinks!

His attitude was so cold,not to her,but to the kids....."They're yours now. I'm starting my own family."

Another point....."I sent cards and presents, but did you ever once think of having the girls send me anything in return."....How could she? She had no idea where he was!

Yes,she was in the wrong. But you don't say how much he knew of what changes she had made in her life whilst he ras running away! Sorry,as I said I enjoy most of your endings,,,,But in this one I find his actions cold and calculated to hurt the kids as much as the wife!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
To annamous

You have to be a bitch... What did you expect him to do,, grovel at her feet.. Live by her rules forever?... There comes a time when you say fuck it...let it all go and start over .. Good ending FTDS. All you cucks and bitches eat shit and die..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A Waste of Time

The story already had an ending that made sense given the characters and the plot line. There was no need for a new ending. And this one was not particularly original or interesting.

Stick to finishing unfinished work. Your efforts are sometimes appreciated there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Usually I like your touch, but this was like a bludgeon. The original ending was better. If anyone starts the story, just read the original ending and skip this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pathetic, juvenile, bitter ending 1*

What a waste of time. I don't like most of your endings but this was truly awful!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
RULES....WHO NEEDS THEM

better yet, who lives by them. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked

That.

Glad to see he found someone he could live with.

phil2213phil2213over 8 years ago
Great finish

Quid pro quo it stung but it was necessary to finish this story with the protagonist standing tall and erect with his self respect intact. Divorce is a problem for children, but it is better to have a father with his self respect tangible and in view than the alternative the former author provided. When a divorce is imminent , it is better for all concerned for the sake of mental health to just get it over. Kristen was never capable to assimilate her role in this marriage and she will be happier in the long run in finding someone more suitably matched to her expectations in a mate. Thank you FTDS for your five stars effort.

horny_gurl55horny_gurl55about 8 years ago
Brutal

just a brutal ending .. the other ending is soooo much better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5*

So much better than the original ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
original ending was

" i was a lying deceitfull cheating cunt, get over it or fuck off"

new ending is much better

looking4itlooking4itabout 8 years ago

Honestly, this wasn't any more believable than thecelt's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To all the 'Boo-Hoo, this wasn't fair people

Tough Shit! She fucks other guys during their marriage because her and her dad have no respect for him. He finally grows a pair and does what is right for him for a change, and all everyone can say is 'Think of the children' or 'He's just wimping out and running away.' Screw that. She'll end up on her back very soon and will score a step-dad for the kids real quick. That's what she's good at. They'll spend the summers with him and the new wife in Europe, he'll fund their education, and will grow up more well-adjusted than 99% of all Literotica readers. Excellent ending and just rewards for the very deserving soon to be ex-wife.

PeteCedar

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
A Worthwhile Divorce

In The Celt's version,the wife was a shit.In this version,Sam is a turd. The real losers are the kids! What chance to they really have with parents like these two losers?!

All in all,the whole story,The Celt's 4 chapters and now this,is a sad tale about shitty people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dear Doodhue

FTDS ended this well, and Sam's bitch ex-wife got what was her's back in spades.

That you don't care that much for it is, in the final analysis, irrelevant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

nothing wrong about cutting your losses and moving on. Even if you have kids. The system is in favour of the primary caregiver and if she is a bitch as well. you have know chance. all the efforts through courts for visitation is just a waste of time and money. all one can do now is be financial support.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This version was worse than the first.

He didnt just punish his future ex wife, he punished his daughters and for that he lost any respect. She cheated, so did he. If adultery is wrong, then it doesnt matter what the excuse is, Its still wrong. He abandoned hia daughters and they did nothing to deserve it.

As for his fiancee, she has no right to interfere. The only thing she gets to do is shit up and silently support the deadbeat dad she wants to marry and pray that dhe doesnt fuck up and get replaced with a newer, hotter model.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yes you really blew this one. One star. Turned Sam into an asshole. Original ending was reality. This was just plain wrong. You messed up. Badly.

Yes I have enjoyed many of your endings but this time you stepped in it.

I have been in a story like this and after a decade of counseling and introspection I know that nothing is as one sided as your vision of events. It takes at least two to wreck a marriage or partnership. I also have a far diminished view of my own moral correctness, and I understand how easy it is to step over boundaries without really considering the consequences. I have also seen two marriages of friends destroyed because the wives pushed the destruct button at the first instance. Everyone who wants to burn the bitch should also agree to burn the bastard, right? But each of those divorces caused much harm to the children and both women have regretted their decision to blow up the marriage in later years. Yes they had the right, but in the long run was it wise? I know another case where there was divorce after one strike. Four kids are in their late thirties and all four have never married. Think there was a little trauma there?

Sam in this telling of the tale was a self righteous prick but when he got on the plane to Stockholm and abandoned his two daughters, he turned into a real asshole. Now two more women with Daddy issues will ruin the lives of at least four decent guys as the girls blow through meaningless marriages.

You ended up in the shit with this one. Bad!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Kids

What about the kids,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
DREK

Sad to say but for FTDS this one is not one to put in the win column. Sorry I wasted my time reading it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous