All Comments on 'Ruth's Rules'

by CaringAndDemanding

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
And again...

Confused and unsure what this is meant to be, i really don't think it's a story more a how to? Set of guidelines? I just don't know!

I had thought when i saw it posted that it would explain the contract instalment, but sadly not. I'm still confused!

I can't find fault with the writing style, but the sheer amount of step by step instructions without the basis of a story makes it very tedious to read through. I have no characters to bond with, no feelings as to wether the guidelines are warranted to the relationship.

I'm still not sure even how to rate this!!!

mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 10 years ago
You have put a lot of time and effort into this

Unfortunately, it leaves us little better-informed than your previous post. There is quality in your writing, but where is it leading? Ruth seems to be no more than an object here, and if something doesn’t break the monotony of these lists, you will be in danger of losing the readers you have, which would be a shame as you write well enough.

Give us something more than endless lists and something we can get our teeth into.

Thanks for posting - four stars.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago

I feel like a teenager whose parent is explaining *insert any topic here*.

"Aren't you done yet?"

You are very thorough, but it is so dry and devoid any link to actual people that it is difficult get through. The micro managing gets silly at times. She is to have shoulder length hair, yet has only twenty minutes to shower then dry and style that hair. You have lost reality right there. The heavy emphasis on it is all about him gets...heavy. As I read, the relationship just seems increasingly dour and joyless-for both of them.

Will we get to meet these people? Will we get to see how all of these rules work? Will you give us reasons to care about all of this detail you have painstakingly constructed?

North200North200almost 10 years ago
It's very thorough...

Welcome to a first-time contributor! It's obvious that a lot of thought went into these two pieces you've written. My feedback is that we need a plot and some characters to go with these rules. The fun isn't in the rules themselves, but in how the characters respond and react to them, and that in turn drives the plot. How is Ruth going to handle this extensive list of rules? Does she agree with them? How does she feel about them personally? What happens when she disobeys one? Is this man as arrogant as his rules seem to imply, or is there more to him? What motivates him to make such an exhaustive list of regulations? I see a lot of potential here for you to develop - please keep writing!

CaringAndDemandingCaringAndDemandingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Some explanation

Dear readers,

I admit that this posting is somewhat premature. The first part of the story to go along with this is currently being edited, I didn't think these two needed to be edited so I posted them. They're meant as some background when you get curious about something while reading.

As to the criticism that it's micromanagement. If you look at the whole of it, it describes guidelines for a wide range of areas in the lives of those involved. I tried to keep most topics short, while still providing enough guidance.

Small details are things that can easily be adapted when something proves to be impossible. And if the scope of the rules seems too wide, this can be negotiated.

I hope this clears some things up,

C&D

CaringAndDemandingCaringAndDemandingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
It's a story

Remember, these rules are meant to be used as the basis for a story. In reality a smaller set of rules is sufficient and more practical to boot. In a fantasy, the consideration we face in reality can be put aside for a bit.

As for letting your feelings speak, believe me, I'm working on it.

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 8 years ago
Rules

Are thorough and self explanatory. I occasionally felt personally offended by the extreme submission required. I realize that this is because I either am not as submissive this Dom requires, or I have not been trained to that level of service.

To be fair, I am not in the lifestyle. I don't physically do the things listed here. I am 73,and do no more than light masterbation. My enjoyment of your stories and others i have recently discovered is for mental enjoyment and stimulation. Thanks for that.

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe2029over 2 years ago

A very interesting read as far as mindset goes that proves I'm so NOT tailored to be a Sub or a Dom. Receiving orders is as repulsive to me as giving them. Lone shewolf who likes to "top from the bottom" thanks to subtle nudging it is. ^^

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaringAndDemanding@CaringAndDemanding
Hey, I'm the guy behind the stories. I chose the name CaringAndDemanding because the multiple facets of sexual control are what interests me most when it comes to erotica, whether it be in BDSM or Ds setting, or in a noncon/reluctance setting. When I write a story, I want the...