Saint Ives Whelan Chronicles Ch. 08A

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Trust me, they haven't changed much then. But I stopped them and simply told them that if they were nice, they each would get some cuddles and they behaved, believe it or not," she said.

"They are charming when they want to be, I'll agree with you on that part. But the troubles they have caused, you wouldn't believe it."

"Nick told me they aren't shifting, you know anything more about that?" she then asked Dolores, trying to get to know her a little better by asking her stuff she could easily ask Nick.

"I'm not sure. Sometimes when a youngling starts shifting depends a little in what form the mother has given birth to them. With a single pup, they tend to stay in human form, but when its twins or more, shifting to wolf in your last trimester is more logical. Our wolven bodies carry them easier and giving birth is easier as well. For some reason their mom never shifted to wolf in her last trimester and she gave birth to them the human way. We nearly lost all three of them if it wasn't for Merlin," Dolores explained.

"Merlin, he? I should have expected him popping up at some point. Nick spoke rather fondly of him."

"They are good friends, that is true, but he doesn't visit often. But the little rascals here were lucky he was visiting at the time of their birth. I don't know how he did it, but he forced the little ones to shift, they're much stronger in their wolf form and that saved them. Since then they haven't shifted back, even though they should be able to, they're five years old now. A first shift for a pup is usually around two years of age," Dolores ended her story.

With a sigh Fran looked down at the little daredevils in front of her. Right now they were an entangled mess of fur and paws, still enjoying the playful attentions of Fran.

"So the question would be are they unable to change or are they just having a run around with the whole pack and they are able to shift. It may be they just enjoy their wolf side a lot more?" she thought out loud.

"That's what has us all puzzled," a dark, tender voice said behind her. "I'll have to ask Merlin to check up on them sometime soon. We need to know if they're able to shift or not, especially at times when it matters," Nick continued, while he knelt behind Fran and hugged her, trailing his lips over her temple.

"I'm curious about it as well," she agreed with Nick. "And it would give me an opportunity to learn more about Merlin."

"I'll wait until after your first shift, then I'll contact him and see if he knows maybe why."

"I'll get them back to their parents now, they've been running around like mad the whole day. I bet they're getting pretty worn out," Dolores said, interrupting their conversation.

Fran looked down and saw that Billy had curled himself up next to her legs and was blissfully snoring away. Damon wasn't far behind on her other side. Robin on the other hand sat back and was looking at all of them, as if she was able to understand each word that was being said.

"Yeah, I agree, all the jumping and running. Who wouldn't be tired then?" Fran agreed. "I'll let you gather them up and bring them back. Remember to call sometime this week, then we can set up a lunch date," she reminded her.

"Will do. Again, sorry for yesterday, it won't happen again. I'm glad to see our Alpha has found a strong mate. I'll see about that lunch date, maybe sometime next weekend?" Dolores asked.

"That would be fine. I'm sure Nick got your number somewhere, I'll call Friday, that ok?" she returned the question.

"Ok, I'll talk to you on Friday then. But I'm going to hurry now before they all fall asleep, it's easier to get them over with at least one or two awake still. They're getting heavier by the minute, I'm sure of it!" Dolores sighed, but smiling at the pups.

Saying quick goodbyes, Nick and Fran watched as Dolores walked away. Billy cozily snuggled up in her arms and a drowsy Damon and bright awake Robin walking to either side of her.

She isn't as bad as you made her out to be, Nick. She's actually quite nice. She adores the pups, it's obviously clear to see that.

Maybe she needed someone to put her straight, Nick teasingly replied.

I only did what felt right at the time, she was out of line and showing no respect. I noticed how all the people act around you, and it was evidently clear you are respected, she should have done the same.

You are right, my sweet, but she never acted like she had yesterday, so it was never really needed before to get her back in line. I was glad you did it yourself. You gained a strong ally with her and a lot of respect from the pack as well.

Looking at her watch she saw it was early evening. Turning around she noticed that some people were getting ready to leave. Clutching Nick's hand, she gave it a little tug and nodded her head in the direction of the departing people.

"Let's go say goodbye. It may be a little evil of me, but I hope they all leave soon. I want you back for myself," she grinned.

"And then I get accused of being the horny one. Oh help me dear lord, what have I unleashed," he theatrically said, his face turning upwards to the sky above. He felt a sharp stomp on his upper arms again. "You're going to have me all black and blue if you keep punching me like that."

"Then stop being a smart ass," she tried to say sternly, but the corner of her mouth was twitching.

"You don't like me being the smart one, he? I can solve that for you," he said, a big grin appearing on his face.

He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, fireman style, and hastily made his way through the few people that remained. They took in the view of their Alpha carrying his mate over his shoulder and was rapidly walking back to the mansion. They all did their best to hide their smile and not cheer him on.

Nick, put me down, now! What won't they think of us? Nick? You caveman, put me down! she yelled in his mind.

Caveman, you got that part right, babe. I'm dragging you back to my cave and I'm going to ravish and devour you until you can't move anymore. Then I'll push you even further, my sweet cave woman. Now, be quiet while I carry you to my cave. He accompanied the last remark with a light swat on her luscious bum.

Fran buried her face in his back, trying to hide the shame she felt, being carried away like this for all to see. But she had to admit, it did make her feel wanted and desired as well. She was pretty sure Nick would make sure that every word he said would come true and she was getting anxious and aroused.