Saint Ives Whelan Chronicles Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ed turned and gave Chris a puzzled look.

Nick told me to solve this situation as I saw fit. This has to be brought before the Council. You know that, Ed mentally scolded his younger brother.

If it were any other situation I'd agree with you right away. Only now there are a few facts you aren't aware of yet. If this is brought before the Council I'm pretty sure things will only take a turn for the worse.

What can happen if we bring in the Council? This pack will be dissolved and their actions will be punished, as it should be. Ed was slightly displeased with his brother now. Not once had they quarreled over decision making.

I'm asking this as your brother. Chris thought about Mia and their unborn offspring, he couldn't let anything happen to them. Let it go for now. Scare the shit out of him, I really don't care, but keep it out of the Council. If they get involved then lives would be at stake, lives I'm not willing to lose.

Ed took a few moments to mull over what Chris had said and didn't say. Chris wasn't one to keep secrets, at least not from him. He already knew something was going on in his life, he knew the second Chris wasn't found at his garage. Apart from being the womanizer over the weekend Chris practically lived at the garage.

Giving another thorough look at his sibling Ed tried one last time to see if he could get anything out of him right now.

Chris' expression was closed off when he "spoke" to his brother again. Trust me, when you know everything, you will agree with me. Let this one be scared, but don't press the council matter. Let's get him moved. We still have a couple of ladies to take care of too.

Ed gave a small nod in affirmation.

"You're going to our holding cells. How you get there is up to you but I suggest you don't try running, you'll regret it. Our cars are parked just at the edge of the forest, I have an extra set of clothes there you can put on. You can shift and walk with us or go like you are, your choice," Ed addressed Jack.

Looking around nervously Jack realized once again he was out numbered, outranked and finally in the position he longed for such a long time. He had given in from the first moment. He'd never really wanted to fight, had actually hoped they would get caught sooner. He actually felt relieved now everything was right out in the open. He was just glad they didn't ask him for his full name, they'd know the importance then of who was sent out this time. As youngest son of the MacLachlan Alpha he was left with little choice but to follow his orders, he didn't want to have the same happening to him what had cost him his older brother.

Now he had the one chance to redeem himself and try and put an end to the things his father was doing. Still being a strong old wolf it was impossible to challenge him for the Alpha spot. So Jack bided his time. And now that time had come.

Their initial attack had surprised him and he reacted instinctively, but once he saw the other wolf not wanting to waste time, he gave in. This was his chance to change things around and he grasped it with both hands. He'd endure any punishment they wanted. Jack knew he deserved it. He'd done despicable things just to stay in his father grace.

"I'll come willingly," Jack said with a newfound inner hope. "I can't change the past, no matter how wrong it was, my own actions included. I'll take punishment, whatever you say, just to make this situation stop."

Both brothers looked a bit surprised at his changed attitude, although he had been cooperating from the start. Giving each other a knowing look, they shifted and waited for Jack to do the same. Boxing him in they walked him to the clearing first. With no sign of the women, Ed and Chris were assured they would be well taken care of.

With a quick yank, Chris destroyed the haphazardly made shift hut, pushing the canvas against one of the rocks, his intention to come back for it later.

Escorting Jack to their car, Chris let his brother know that they would have to keep his presence on a need to know basis. The fact he was from the MacLachlan pack, his familiar scent and his seemingly cooperative manner, were all clear signs there really was more to this Jack person than he let on.

At the car, they dressed quickly, tossing an extra set of clothes to Jack. Luck being on their side, they managed to lock up Jack without anyone noticing. That on its own was already a feat since there were always pack members roaming the grounds. They ordered the guard to make sure Jack was fed and always had water and instructed the guard to keep Jack's presence unknown until told otherwise.

Back outside Chris stopped Ed. "We're going to need that talk, brother. I'll need Adam present as well. With today's revelations I have no idea how things will turn out, trust me that the result won't have a good outcome."

"I'll tell Adam to meet us back at 'The Viper', we have privacy there. This isn't like you at all Chris, to be so secretive with things," Ed said.

"I know, you don't even know the half of it. I'm going to take one of Nick's cars, I need to stop at my place before heading over to 'The Viper'. Then we can settle this mess."

"I'll go check up on Adam and the two women, then meet you at 'The Viper' in an hour?"

"I'll be there," Chris answered, turned and walked towards Nick's garage.

* * * *

He felt her presence, but couldn't really pinpoint where she was. Her scent was all over the place.

"Mia?" he called out.

No reply.

"Mia?"

Again no reply.

Still on edge from his earlier encounter, he silently went in search of his elusive mate. There weren't many places she could be hiding. A quick peek in his kitchen and living room only showed both rooms empty.

Mia? he called out again, now switching to their inner connection.

He could still feel her, he felt no pain or fear, so he knew she had to be all right. Making his way further, he crossed an empty bathroom, looking quickly towards his rooftop patio, he could only confirm to himself that was empty too.

Only one place left where she could be and he really hoped he would find her there.

Gently opening his bedroom door, he let out a relieved swoosh of air. There she lay all curled up between the tussled sheets. A little smile on her lips told him she must be having a nice dream at least. Hating that he had to wake her up, he got into his bed and snuggled close, spooning her from behind. Automatically she sought his warmth and a sound almost resembling the purring of a cat emanated from her chest.

Five minutes, we can spare that much, Chris thought to himself as he pulled her even closer. Nuzzling her neck, he let her scent wash over him, evaporating the trails of anger he felt.

Snaking his hand over her chest, he stopped between her breasts, moving it a little more so his hands covered her heart. Beating in a steady rhythm, he luxuriated in this content feeling of coming home. All the worries from the outside world disappeared into thin air. Still amazed at how important Mia had become to him in such a short time, he knew there was still one, ever growing, big issue that needed to be dealt with.

Brushing her hair out of the way, he nuzzled her neck, sweeping his lips over her delicate skin. He felt the shiver going through her body, felt under his hand how her heartbeat accelerated. Turning his sweeping moves into a kiss, he noticed how she started to stir, climbing back to an awakened state.

Turning around, her arms went around him, pulling him in close.

"Hey, sleepyhead, time to wake up now," he prodded gently.

"I'm fine, just let me be," Mia replied with a hoarse voice.

"I'd love to lay here, sweetheart, but there are a few things we need to discuss that can't wait."

Brushing her hair out of her face Chris saw her squinting up at him. Giving in to temptation he lightly brushed her lips with his own. The moan he got in return swiftly broke his resolve to keep it a sweet kiss. Threading his hand in her hair at the back of her head, he tilted her head as he went from a light to a more searching and demanding exploration of her hungry mouth.

The light touch of her hands brought him around, making him remember this was just the thing they didn't have time for right now. Releasing his hold on her head, he trapped her hands against him. Breathing heavily, he rested their heads together.

"Come on sleepyhead, we've got some serious things to discuss. Don't make me dump you in the shower," he said trying to temper his own lust.

With a grunting noise that much resembled a growl, Mia rolled onto her back, the sheets pulling dangerously low, almost revealing her naked flesh to Chris.

"Fine, what is it?" she rumbled.

Getting up Chris sat down again, facing her this time.

"We got the rogues, two didn't make it back alive, but we have one in lockup at the mansion," he started.

Mia gave him a questioning look, wanting him to continue.

"It wasn't rogues at all, Mia. There is no way to soften this up, but they were here deliberately to kidnap women for their pack." He waited a few seconds to let her understand what he was meaning. The look in her eyes said enough.

"Their Alpha ordered them to bring back women because their number is running low. He doesn't care about the mating pull or anything. The ones we found still had two women with them," he said, shaking his head as he went on. "I hope they will pull through, one of the men did a right number on them. The worst part of it all is the pack they're from."

Trepidation clear on her face, she grasped his arm before she asked, "And which pack would that be?"

"MacLachlan," was his sole reply.

The blood drained from her face as she let that single fact sink in.

"We have to talk to your father. He has to know what he's walking into when we go there. Knowing how sick that Alpha is getting I'm not sure if I can keep agreeing with keeping our numbers so low. I'm getting a very bad feeling about this whole situation."

"Of course Da has to know this. Do you want me to contact him right now?" Mia asked.

"Yes and no. I have to be at the club in a bit. I haven't told Ed and Adam and was about to do that. With this new development I think it would be wise if at least you would be there and if needed we can bring in your dad or even Merlin."

Suddenly wide awake, she jumped up and made a beeline for the bathroom.

Chris grunted, "Could you cover yourself up, woman!"

Turning around she gave him a stern look. "Even at a time like this, that is the only thing crossing your mind?"

"There are a lot of things on my mind. If you want me to focus I'd suggest you don't parade around naked. There is only so much self-restraint I can muster. We haven't had enough time to ourselves by a long shot. So if you don't want to be embarrassingly late, turn around and get dressed," he said forcefully.

Mia only smiled when she saw the look in his eyes disagreeing with the tone he'd used. A quick shower evaporated the last bits of sleep left in her body. Covering herself in a bathrobe clearly too big for her, she went back. Chris was still on the bed and he had a brooding look in his eyes.

"Don't even think about it. I've got to get dressed and I have to call my Da still," she chided him.

Disappearing into his big walk in wardrobe she rummaged through her bags, hoping to find something easy to put on. Dropping the bathrobe she quickly stepped into some white silken panties and put on the matching bra. Bleached hipster jeans and a rainbow colored tunic completed her outfit. Coming out she went back to the bathroom to sort her hair.

Only she didn't make it even halfway there before Chris had scooped her up in his arms and was pressing his lips against hers.

Chris!, she mentally scolded him.

Releasing her lips he could only smile at her reaction. Carefully putting her feet on the ground again, he let her go.

"You got five more minutes, my dear," he teased.

"Then stop distracting me. It's like having a horny teenager stalking me all day long," she shot back, hoping to sound serious.

Back in the bathroom she made quick work of combing her hair and pulling it into a high ponytail. Tapping her chin she tried to remember where she'd left her shoes. Shooting out of the bathroom she hurried towards the living room, scanning as she walked through it. For once she found the cursed footwear faster than normally. She was used to kicking off her shoes wherever she may be and then when she needed them it was like the search for the holy grail, time after time.

"I'm ready," she yelled.

"I'm not deaf yet, sweetheart", Chris spoke softly behind her. "Come on, let's go. We just have enough time to not be late. After that is over I still have to drop off the car at Nick's. I took one of his for now."

"Then lead the way. We might as well get this over with."

12