Saving Hibreon Ch. 00 - Prologue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lost responded, "I fookin' love you, too, 'kay?"

Kytia blinked a few times then shook off her emotions. "There are tunnels under the castle that were built so that the royals could escape if something happened. The only way in is through there. Can you do that, or do we need to change the plan?"

They were both staring at her, waiting for her to say something. The last thing Lost wanted was to get any closer to that terrible place, but she'd vowed to help Kytia get her home back. Then Wyfrost put out a hand, even more massive than normal in his battle suit. She placed her hand on his, and he gently closed his fingers. "You got this."

He towered over her, her hand swallowed up in his; and this is what made her feel safe. "Yeah," she said. "Got this."

***

Wyfrost lead the way, ducking down into the tunnel entrance, where he paused. He waited for his heart to hurt, waited for the sensation of all the air being squeezed out of his body, waited for the fear that experience knew would come. It didn't, and Wyfrost silently thanked the Eloua for their gods-blessed drugs. They'd warned him he might be particularly randy when the medication wore off. It was a side effect he looked forward to, but he wasn't sure exactly how long he had. He didn't want the stuff wearing off before he could get out of the suit.

The tunnels beneath the palace were a warren of false leads and traps, all meant to deter any thieves or invaders. It was a place the elves kept secret, for the damp walls and muddy floor hadn't been disturbed in ages. The only reason Kytia knew about it was because her position had once been royal guard to the ylf'nim queen.

She moved just ahead of him and called back, "I remember the way. Just stay close to me."

Elves were all insane, and Wyfrost could only imagine the devious chicanery that had been set up for any unlawful intruders. If the Mad Elf King (the Norrhim had referred to Malevaur as such) had anything to do with the construction, he was sure the traps would be particularly nasty. The alien drugs kept him from being afraid, but they didn't make him stupid. He kept right on Kytia's heels, and he kept hold of Lost's hand. She could be flighty, and he didn't want her wandering off.

His thoughts drifted to what he would do once Kytia had her city back. He had to get back to Fjallheim in the Mountain, to learn what had happened to his own people. Then there was Mila. She'd been captured along with him, and the Ay'niki had used her for leverage against him. He would need a ship and a lot of help to go and get her.

There was no question, Wy could get Lost on his side. Then when it was two against one, Kytia would fall in line and go with them. His head-strong love wasn't going to like it though, and he knew they'd have to fight about it. If that fight went like all the others, the make-up sex would be hotter than the Infernal Tempest.

Kytia stopped only a little way in and turned back to him. He almost ran her over. She asked, "You okay, Wy?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

He'd thought once was enough, but Kytia stopped every few minutes to check on him. On the one hand, it was nice that she thought of him, on the other, her attention started to rankle. He must have been projecting his irritation, because the last time Kytia asked the same question, Lost spoke up.

"Kytia! He say we good. Just go, 'kay?" Then in ylf'nim, she muttered, "Suena iniah e llada." This place is gross.

He'd been picking up on their language over the past year, and Wy understood the simple statement. Still, she reiterated what she said by holding up a mucked-up boot and saying, "Eeew!"

They finally came to a rough-hewn set of steps and Kytia stopped again. She said, "The main hall is right above us. Unless the Ay'niki moved it, the throne is sitting on the door. Wy, you're probably strong enough to push it off from this side." Then with a cockeyed grin she added, "I know it'll be heavier, but I sure hope there's a pompous blue ass in that seat when you toss it."

He laughed and said, "If I scare the shit out of him, he's going to get your fancy chair dirty."

Lost surprised both of them when she charged past them snarling, "Oh, for fook's sake!"

Magic was ablaze in the palms of her hands as she rushed up the stairs. The trap door exploded up and out. Startled yelling could be heard amidst the clatter and commotion of the spell's force. Heedless of the enemy forces that were certainly in the main hall, Lost pressed forward, an elfess on a mission.

For a second, Kytia and Wyfrost just stared at each other. "Holy shit." Kytia breathed.

"Fuckin' crazy." Wyfrost muttered. Hearing the whine of a charging Ay'niki weapon, they both raced up after their witch.

12