Saving Lindy Ashley

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Later when Lindy returned to Waldo's office he put aside the papers he'd been working on and said hi, staring at her.

Lindy's heart fluttered. She thought she read sex and concern in his gaze, at least she hoped that's what the multi-expression was but she thought she saw something else and knew what it was; he'd switched on to her and was now very much attracted.

"I know this is bad news for Bo because it will implicated but I must urge you to go to the police and have the crime unit investigate your plight. It is no joke when someone is deliberately attempting to have you killed."

"Then you investigate and employ guys to assist. I have plenty of money. I don't want Bo implicated. He's save me from a really big threat."

"Oh so that's what you figure? I've figured that Bo put the bomb under their SUV hoping the baddies would blow themselves up and that was designed to save his own neck because when they tried to blow you and your rented car up and were unsuccessful they would be after him wanting their bomb back before killing him."

"Oh god. My family knew my car rented for me by the insurance company was being delivered yesterday. Bo had said he'd been asked to plant the bomb tonight."

"Yeah right. I can't figure that if the brothers didn't blow themselves up how did Bo trigger the device? He could grab as many radio devices as he wished but unless he had the correct frequency he'd be pushing buttons or turning dials into Christmas without success."

"I wouldn't know and can't see the connection with Christmas. Perhaps he broke into their vehicle to find something incriminating, set off the alarm and by chance found the detonating device between the front seats. After running off he played with it and the bomb went off, Bo being unaware the hoods had started off in pursuit."

Waldo stared at Lindy.

"What?"

"You are not just a woman with a pretty face, pretty its and a pretty pussy are you?"

She blushed and mumbled she'd never heard of any man calling a pussy pretty. "Look, I have a well-paying job in the freight company my father now owns. I manage the communications division that includes IT. Granddad also left me a legacy. Please take money from me to recruit the support you need to crack this. I don't want the cops involved because they may not be so dumb and manage to implicate Bo."

"Okay but I still have to give attention to the gym. If I can keep on fucking you I won't accept payment. In fact you should live with me for greater safety. Tell your family you've met a worthy boyfriend at last. I'll recruit some ex-Navy guys to keep members of your family under surveillance 24/7 and to hire stealth equipment so my team can listen in on conversations and telephone calls. Most people wouldn't use emails if trying to recruit people to kill someone because people who do that usually get caught. They know by TV cop and spy shows the safest way is still a clandestine meeting someone way out in the open."

"Okay, I'll shift in with you. God I'm thirty and overdue to meet a worthy boyfriend. But why go to the extra expense by maintaining covert surveillance on all of my family?"

"Because that's what we need to do and then may still miss the mark. Remember you only suspect sister Victoria."

"Oh yeah. Now who had the pretty face with a pretty chest and a pretty cock?"

"Um guys don't think females regard cocks as being pretty."

"When I suck yours and look at it and see my dribble on it I think yours is the most beautiful cock I've every seen, er when erect."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Okay lock the door and I'll clear the desk."

"Sorry, I'm off to my office. I phoned to report I'd be in very late."

"Damn."

Lindy giggled but once outside the office she became serious. When would the next attempt be made and by whom, how and from what direction? This was scary. By calling the office her family knew she was still alive and for at least one of them that would be disappointing news.

Oh crap.

Arriving in her office Lindy phoned the car hire people and told them to take the vehicle back and to refund the insurance company. They wanted to argue about the big penalty for early cancellation so she said, "I have received a threat that my car will be blown up." She cut the call and half an hour later her mom called and said the people who'd delivered her car earlier had taken it away.

"That's okay. I had a change of mind mom. I'm going to live with a guy who'll drive me around."

"But how can you meet a guy? You rarely go out at nights or weekends and then usually with gay women?"

"The guy took one look at my ass and said hi and I melted mom. Bye."

A few minutes later her father Jack came into Lindy's office.

"Your mom has just called worried you've picked up some slimeball off the street."

"Wasn't that how you and mommy met?"

"God you can be so difficult at times. Get on with your work. You were late in today, very late in."

"On daddy darling. Don't forget I know something mommy doesn't know YET, that you and Mrs Oliver are more than good friends."

"Fuck you Lindy," he said angrily and strode out, slamming her door shut.

Lindy called her PA in and they worked fast to bring Linda Amelia Ashley's work up to date. The company was the largest road, sea, rail and air shipper within 500 miles and had the largest workforce in the city outside of the city council and the arms of state and federal government now that forestry and mining operators had all but disappeared from the region.

Later Lindy called Waldo and asked what he was doing.

"Allowing my genitalia to recover before you begin seducing me tonight."

She laughed. "Listen could you bring me here each morning and take me home at nights until you nail that mother-fucker that is terrorizing me?"

"Yeah, good thinking. Should a lady be using that horrible word?"

"Being terrorized means my standards are dropping darling. I figure I'm most vulnerable moving about the city."

"Good thinking. I have guys lined up only too happy to assist. What we need from you are details of each member of your family, plus sketchy details of normal movements, who are their very close associates, identify of the vehicles of your family and close associates, what make and model of cell phones they use and what company is their cell phone provider."

"Do you really need all that detail? Why not just detail about Victoria?"

"I told you. You are only suspicious that Victoria is masterminding this threat to your life. Suspicion is not sufficient. I want all of your family under surveillance and checked out. Get me those lists okay?"

"Very well."

"There's a meeting at our house tonight with these guys, fifteen of them. I want them to see you and talk with you socially so they are quite sure you're a dame worth saving. These guys are retired so they'll only think about shafting you."

"Oh god."

"But they'll take their work seriously. They will be paid the going rates. I best draw up a budget for you."

"It's okay, I have plenty of money."

"Honey if this sting goes on for long it could mount to tens of thousands of dollars."

"No problem. Money will be useless to me if I'm killed. Call for me here at 6:30."

"Okay, I know the building but front door baby. No side doors or back doors for you until this thing is over. You don't even go to a restroom without me providing cover."

"Oh good. You'll be able to hold it for me."

"Hold what? You're female."

"My handbag silly."

Waldo snickered and then said she was not to step out of the building until he was in position and phoned her.

CHAPTER 2

Most of the guys were either drinking rum or beer in the basement gym when Lindy walked in, wearing her most conservative dress but that still revealed plenty. Conversations died and someone muttered, "Holy shit."

"Guys, this is the lady that is our mission to defend and take-out or preferably disable the person or persons threatening her life," Waldo said.

"Aye, aye sir," called a burly almost completely bald guy with washy blue eyes.

"Sam, cut the crap. This is a civilian operation. You lead Alpha team assigned to Victoria; Larry leads Beta assigned to Peter and Chip leads Charlie assigned to cover Lindy's dad Jack."

"What about mom?" Lindy said sarcastically. "She could easily favor Victoria over me. In fact she does."

Waldo said, "I have assembled females for the Delta team to cover your mom. They will be briefed and work separately because some of them, now married, were a little concerned about mixing again with navy men."

"Oh god, even my mother is a suspect?"

"Lieutenant Waldo S. Jones didn't make a name for himself as a platoon OIC by making stupid mistakes during covert operations Miss Ashley."

"Sam what did I say about titles?"

"Sorry Waldo."

"And that goes for me. I'm Lindy to you guys and thanks for being meticulous. I could never see my mom as a suspect and that could easily be a fatal oversight. Would someone hand me a Bud light?"

Three were lobbed from the back of a group and Lindy caught the closest can one-handed just out from her left-hand side, waist high and scarcely appearing to line it up. The guys grinned, most impressed. Waldo had caught the other two, looking slightly ham-fisted compared with his babe.

Lindy opened the can, allowing the 'fizz' to spray away from her, took a swig and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Did I do that correctly guys?"

They chorused yes.

"Waldo, may I brief the guys about what is scaring the crap out of me, why I suspect my younger sister but accept your counsel that it could be anyone of them or more than one of them and even someone outside my immediate family?"

"Please do."

"And may I request one of the team leaders to substitute for you as escort when you're not available, working from Alpha down?"

"Sure."

"Right guys, let's begin with me telling what happened from the outset and then moving on to my jealous and slut of a little sister who smokes dope."

The briefing took almost fifteen minutes, during which time Sam, aged in early sixties, ambled over with a second beer for Lindy to receive a dazzling smile. Oh boy, was he hooked.

"So you can see why I suspect my sister and why I can see why Lieutenant Waldo Meticulous Jones is so far ahead of me in scanning for the enemy and it's not even funny. It's scary. I guess an attempt with a knife or poisoned dart will be next or someone will attempt to push me out of a window. I wish to tell you this. If we nail this person or person beyond all reasonable doubt I will pay everyone who has worked with Waldo on this sting from day one to the conclusion 5000 bucks each and that includes you Waldo. With no rank you are just one of the guys so no special favors with the payout."

"Thanks Lindy. You briefed the guys well and the bonus offer is very generous of you. We'll take a fifteen-minute break for you to mingle with the guys and then you should leave while we discuss tactics. It's best you don't know too much and therefore think you are more secure. The danger will come when professionals being used regard you as being complacent and therefore vulnerable. We want you appearing vulnerable because that gives us our best chance of catching them at it."

* * *

During very late dinner that night Waldo said he was very please with Lindy's performance.

"I think every guy we've assembled admired you and after your briefing respects you and is concerned about your safely. This is a perfect start in my opinion. Do you mind if we do something before you serve dessert?"

"No of course not," Lindy said, thinking Waldo was going to issue her with a long-barrel pistol and give her the first lesson on how to shoot it with accuracy. But no, Waldo shifted some of the dishes aside and pulled Lindy to her feet, lifted her on to the table and pulled off her panties.

"Ohmigod," she giggled, caught completely by surprise.

Of course that's a great way to be fucked.

Waldo went on to his knees and came up between her thighs, blowing and snorting as he closed in his target. Lindy's giggles died and she pressed his head forward, her knees widening.

Later as she began snorting, with Waldo's tiring tongue working over two of his fingers strumming deep inside her, Lindy hit her clit and came like a burst damn. Waldo had to carry her to the sofa for her to rest.

Lindy was served chocolate cake and coffee on the sofa. She stared at him as he ate his cake enthusiastically unaware Lindy was thinking he was truly a magnificent lover.

* * *

Ten days later came the breakthrough.

Lindy had been unaware a team of active seals, home on leave after a tour of duty, were sharing watch on Lindy during the day.

She'd left the office and was walking to do personal shopping when two guys on a motorcycle came in behind her. The pillion passenger could see he had clear view of her and they came in close and he pulled out a pistol and took aim and was pulling the trigger when a woman wheeling a young child in a stroller came out of a store right in front of Lindy. The gunman lifted slightly and the bullet hit the store window just above the two women, shattering glass.

The two guys in a car tailing Lindy radioed to their colleagues a hundred yards in front and as the motorcycle accelerated the protection squad's second vehicle was turned in front of it. The rider turned sharply and both men on the motorcycle came off and slid across the road. The navy men who'd had left their cars, slewing across both lanes to stop traffic, rushed in to apprehend the pair. The rider and passenger turned out to be a woman and a younger guy who were too shaken at that moment to resist. Both had been injured when tumbling off.

The senior navy man called the police who arrived in minutes and the offenders were arrested. While that was occurring the navy men just drove off. Other police were down the street talking to Lindy and the woman with the stroller and gathering details of other witnesses.

Lindy attempted to call Waldo but his phone was off air.

Waldo was already in position when the pair were bought in and booked after receiving medical attention. They were taken away just as Lindy was brought in as a material witness.

The police captain of course was hopping mad that a private sting had been organized without the knowledge of the police. Patiently Waldo explained the predicament.

"Then who is the organizer of these attacks?"

"You are about to find out for us," Waldo grinned.

"Any more smart lip like that and you'll spend time behind bars."

"Captain, I need your investigators to go through the bank accounts of these people looking for big cash withdrawals a week either side of these dates of these three attacks on Miss Ashley."

* * *

Next morning Waldo and Lindy rushed to see the captain at his request. All that one of his team said was, "We've had success and have a member of the family in here for questioning Miss Ashley. The captain invites you and Mr Jones in to watch the interview with him behind one-way glass."

Lindy cried as Victoria confessed and implicated her boyfriend Mason Thomas. The senior interviewing officer issued an order for Mason Thomas to be brought in for questioning. Victoria also claimed Mason was the driver of the stolen van that had collided with Lindy's sports car.

"Mason was a little high on pills at the time otherwise he may have succeeded to kill Lindy," Victoria wept. She then continued on to say she'd paid The Hooker brothers $15,000 out of her grandfather's inheritance to terminate Lindy but all the brothers succeeded in doing was to blow themselves up. She then paid $10,000 to younger friends of her boyfriend, who were always involved in petty crime, to shoot Lindy on the street, promising then $50,000 because Lindy was taking on the appearance of being invincible.

"I'm sorry Miss Ashley about what your younger sister has done to you in threatening your life," the captain said to Lindy. "With the evidence already assembled the court should put her and her boyfriend away for a long time on serious criminal charges. When we take prints from her boyfriend when he's brought in we can expect a match with the prints we found on his coffee cup he left in the van it appears he stole."

Waldo was driving Lindy home when he took a call from the police asking could he convey to Miss Ashley the tragic news that Mason Thomas had died fifteen minutes ago when firing on police from the doorway of his parent's house. He took two bullets in the chest, each would have been fatal, and one policeman was wounded lightly in the shoulder by a shotgun blast when fortunately he'd been some distance from the assailant.

"I'll tell her. Thanks sergeant."

Waldo told her gently and Lindy cried, "Oh no, this will be bad for Victoria."

"Why should you worry?"

"I want her to get fair justice when being sentenced."

Waldo said carefully, "Well this may be a lucky break for her. If there is no one else in the know she can lie and say she was forced to collaborate with her boyfriend in this crime, that he masterminded it and forced her to provide the money and do other things. She can make all sorts of allegations and will be guided by her defense attorney."

"I hope the lying bitch gets twenty years."

"Ah, that's my girl. You must seek legal redress so that a change is made to your grandfather's will so Victoria can never be in line to inherit any asset from you."

* * *

Bo Short and Nancy Fletcher booked into a motel near a bus station.

"Have you got the size and horsepower to keep a gal like me happy?" she said, as Bo poured her a whisky and soda.

Bo grinned. "Well we won't know until we make out, will we?"

Three hours later Nancy said wearily, "Oh not again Bo. Let's get some shuteye."

Bo awoke to the smell of coffee and coming out of the bedroom found Nancy had opened his black bag and was counting his money.

"What are you doing?"

"Counting your money. What have you got all those bank deposit slips for? Are you aiming to deposit one buck at the time?"

"May I ask why are you counting my money?"

"To find out how much there is. I've counted it twice and there it amounts to $3900 bucks. I suggest you place two thousand bucks of this money into a joint fund and I will do the same at the same time and use that account to share our living expenses while we fool around. Two signatures will be required to make a withdrawal and that way you know you can trust me."

"Oh."

"You agree that's a good idea then?"

"Er yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Um do you have two thousand to put into that account?"

"Of course I do," Nancy said. "When my husband was fatally shot by a security guard who ran amok I received an insurance payout and still have around one hundred and eighty thousand of that left. Here, look in my handbag. I'm carrying fifteen hundred bucks. My thinking is while we mess around together it's only fair we should split our joint expenses down the middle. I thought the way you looked including your clothes you were a very low paid worker."

"Oh yeah, I agree. I happened to come into a hefty amount of money, not altogether illegally because the owners of it probably gained it illegally, being small-time crooks. It was to get even because they stole from me."

"Fair enough."

"Between us we have enough money to buy a house."

"So how much is a hefty amount of money?"

Bo grinned. "More than you have."

"Christ. I've found myself a guy who is loaded," Nancy grinned. "Come on, let's go out a have breakfast and by the time we are finished the banks will be open and we can set up our joint account. I'll pay for breakfast because you were so great with me last night. I like nothing better than being pounded until I get speed wobbles."