All Comments on 'Savior'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

JPB you suckered me there! Here I was thinking I knew where you were going and you threw a curve ball that clipped me under the chin and knocked me off my feet.

I always enjoy a surprise and this was a great one, re reading it I guess the signposts were there, he always answered her call so why not at the end.

I gave you 4*, I was thinking 5 but I thought it needed a bigger sex scene somewhere. Not sure how some of the others are going to like it but I thought it was fantastic.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
Great Story

I felt, all the way through, that he would end up with her but I couldn't figure out how you could justify it.

Nice touch, good ending and you bet - he always loved her!

Thanks.

KY XtianKY Xtianover 10 years ago
Boy, Pauline gets around!

I found it interesting that Pauline French shows up in this story. I went back through the archives and found out she does, indeed, get around quite a bit.

This story didn't end up as I thought it might, it was a good read. Keep 'em coming!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
She will cuck him ( strip a petal from the daisy ) . She will cuck him not ?

what's the answer? I don't know but this time if she cucks him, he gets paid. JPB has a stone cold stranglehold on telling those high school infatuation stories that 'get complicated ' once the relationship progresses to college, adult job marriage & possibly even kids. Is this great literature? Nah. But it was an hella-addictive read.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

As usual I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Bad Taste

That left a bad taste in my mouth, almost as bad as Brad's taste in women. Yuck! 4* for the writing....

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
I'm glad you're posting again

Thanks for an enjoyable story.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
WTF, you're kidding, right?...

... If this story was written by any other author, I would say that it's incomplete but since it's you, Bob, I'll just chalk it up to my stupidity for expecting something that I should've known probably wouldn't be there. Does that make any sense? Like many of your stories, probably not.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Great plause

All the characters played their cards face up throughout the game (for the most part LOL)

JusttooldJusttooldover 10 years ago
good

Another good one from you. Keep them coming.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

An entertaining read, and well written.

magmamanmagmamanover 10 years ago
Why not?

What the hell, sometimes it works.

Nice read,

Thanks,

MGM

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 10 years ago
Yeah, Charlie Brown...

Let's play some football. You can kick it and I absolutely, positively, unreservedly promise I won't pull the football away again. Really. I promise.

DavidYoungDavidYoungover 10 years ago
Good

as always. It is fun to wait for your stories.

firas01firas01over 10 years ago
Excellent

Another great story from a great writer, thanks for sharing.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
Always up to

your usual great standard but I can not rate a story only on the merits of the writing. I also have to rate it on my response to the tale itself. The zero in this story is just that a loser. He falls for a gold-digger even though he knows she is one. And surprise surprise, she lives up to expectations. His only other love interest is an honest woman who can't be faithful. He should have someone else choose his women for him. Yes in the end he has tons of money courtesy of his slut ex-wife/wife but he has the same problem as at the beginning of the story. She will slut around again. His only two options are to live with it(cuck/wimp) or become like her. Not really two choices I would ever make. So I gave it **** for the writing and nothing for the content.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Well written but don't understand why Brad keeps getting involved with the same two selfish women. He has to know he deserves better.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Another Good One

Don't know how you do it. Once again a very entertaining read!!

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 10 years ago
I always love a JPB story

If I see your name, it's the first story I read. This was great, but I have one little quibble:

"During those two years (in college) I had dated several girls and had gotten into relationships with two of them. One of them was Pauline French"

"I hadn't seen Pauline since high school"

Other than that, great!

:

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
APPARENTLY THE 3 STRIKE RULE DOESNT APPLY HERE

nor does, offsides roughing the mister, or any personal foul. TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
What is there to say?

Bob's story run a fine line with the male characters between romantic and stupid.

When three times in the story, the narrator admits 'yeah...I shoulda just walked away...' then yeah...he's an idiot.

Except...sometimes people change. There is a breathless hope that THIS TIME, she can change and be repentant and remorseful. And Bob actually semi credibly fosters that hope...even as the BTB deny this.

So I wonder why they read his stories if they always find them so dissatisfying.

I don't read Bob for the storyline so much as the quality in writing and the touches of verisimilitude he adds. It is frequently clever and usually entertaining and he is a go to guy for a bit of porn fun.

But Bob...I know if wasn't in this story but fewer creampies. I have to eat, ya know?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Confused

Sweetie and Pauline are VERY different women! Joleen, to the best of our information, was never after good sex partners. I'm sure she preferred a good rogering (or four) over a crappy one*! But it seems to have been ALL about the money or power for her! She was dedicated to be exclusive while the credit card stayed platinum! Pauline liked novelty...not daily, but 4-6 months seemed to be her date-expiration-date, and neither money nor bedroom size / stamina would change that (yet!)

Sweetie truly liked (maybe loved) Hubby ... a realization which may have been shocked into her by Hubby's Tough Love dumping (sartori coming too late at that juncture!). That seemed plausible to Hubby later, and the absence of a pre-marital made Hubby's decision very ironic (and he had never stopped loving her, even when he didn't like her!)

* pun on 'one' fully intended. TMS,AIS2I. (That's my story!)

Quibble: Hubby threatened Sweetie, among other distribution threats, with sending the video to her parentS. Leave one copy in the cemetery?

5* and Favorite

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Nice build up

too weak an ending...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Oh Well

Well written tale. It seemed as our savior here had to put up with a lot of crap in his time, including cheating cunts but he lived to see another day. He's way more forgiving than I would be.

blkhrtblkhrtover 10 years ago
not worth...

Sorry. But it is... really.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Damn good tale...

Right up until the last line. Seriously, he's going to take her back after he knows what she's like? Good and twisted as always, but still.

Ah, what the hell. Still a 5 Star read. RAAC notwithstanding.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
They all die !

In the story her previous boyfriends died as well so how will our hero not end up dead. Oh that's right she has lots of money now so she start loving him !

green117green117over 10 years ago
A JPB special...

Humm... well, this one was about Pauline French (shes gotta have a story of her own - does she? I can't look over all 500+ of them...) - a girl looking for a good time, and Jolene - a girl who is looking for a good wallet.

JPB puts emotion in the women at the endgame - up to then they tend to be ciphers. I wonder what JPB would do with a real good girl? (again, too many to see what he has done along those lines...).

Anyway, a good read. Pity there are so many virgins on the site... I mean, they are worried about a woman being a bit used? Gimme a break... First time sucks, and after that they are used. Get used to it.

Greensomething

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks BOB*****

You always deliver!!!! Thanks for sharing this great story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Amusing and well written story

JPB sure can write interesting, concise, and well-paced stories. Don't know where he gets them all. This one five stars for sure.

bandyoubandyouover 10 years ago
thank you

wow thanks again for a great yarn, your the best

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Thank You

Thank you jpb for another great story. 5*

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
JPB is like MacDonald's!

Go to MacDonald's and you always know what you're going to get. I mean Rehnquist is the toast of the town, HDK is Texas Road House, and on and on, but JPB is always just good reliable fare. With that you get a five.

I was a little disappointed in only one regard; you dropped three of Jolene's people with death, two heart attacks and one car wreck. If, let's say Jolene's dad had disappeared as a result of his own infidelity or maybe her last husband bailed due to 'Jolene fatigue' with her getting a jackpot then her return to our hero would have given her a little depth. Our hero might have said "well maybe this time..." Regardless we all knew he was swallowing the bait - hook and all once again.

I liked the guy. I like anybody who keeps a car as long as he did. It's not what we own; it's about what we take care of. I kind of think Jolene might have seen that too. He was her savior, her hero.

Nice story, happy ending...until she finds a deeper set of pockets somewhere, but then again, he'll still be there when she needs him.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Well written . . .

JPB has the formula down pat. But one problem with the plot is that a skank like Joleen won't remain faithful no matter how much money she has. Great monkey sex is terrific but not the only thing life partners need to have in common. From the story, it appears our hubby hero was faithful and played on the straight and narrow. Does he really want to trust Joleen again? In sickness and in health means just that, but not to a cunt like Joleen. Unless this was meant as pure satire, it just doesn't compute.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
SAVIOR? more fucking idiot

what is the point of this awful story? he had 100% full knowledge that she was a god digger and a whore . and guess what ? she was.

so?

Even worse the idea that she now has her own $$ means her character is going to be any better is laughable

realisticendingsrealisticendingsover 10 years ago
What!! Bob, I gave you another chance!!

JPB, I read the whole story thinking you would finally let the man be a real man; fooled me again. Why don't you start out your stories with "This is a cuckold story. If you don't like stories where the man enjoys taking back his slut wife then don't read it". JPB, if you did that you would only have your fellow cuckold's reading your stories and they would all five you five stars. The rest of us can read the stories that we want to read.

roadworksroadworksover 10 years ago
Motive

As usual, a well written story although a bit formulaic - it was nice to meet Pauline French again. Many of your critics seem to have missed the point that Joleen did not cheat because she was a sex-mad slut. She cheated for money and, as such, there is a good chance that she would no longer cheat now that she has so much money that she could never spend it. The motive to cheat no longer existed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Same Old Crap

Typical JPB story, it starts off good and you think it's going to end great, but then he makes the lead male character into a cuckold and ruins all of his good work with yet another stupid ending.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

Sorry jpb, your depiction of a professional athlete, way off, let alone a pro football player..... and in the end not even the dumbest jock on the planet is as dumb as that mother fucker..... 1/5

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 10 years ago
Who was there to save HIM?

From himself. Seems like he attracted or was attracted to cheaters. Both Pauline and Joleen couldn't keep their legs together. At least Pauline was honest about it. Joleen was just a gold digger. Excellent story right up until the end when JPB goes crazy once again and lets us believe that Brad was going to remarry the slut. UGH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I just wished that had happened to me

In stead of what actually happened. When my "Jolene" came back, she was even better looking than ever, just as seductive, and poor as a church mouse ... even most of the jewels were gone. Of course, I am not an ex-NFL millionaire either. And while she still had that little red snatch that seemed like it could bite my dick off, she never could keep her thong on whenever she drank a Margarita ... whether or not I was around. Guess that's why I read erotic fiction. Thanks, Bob, for this entertaining little story.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Glad to see Pauline French (the school slut)

in this story. "I hadn't seen Pauline since high school." I thought she was at State.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Meh

Once a cheating slut, always a cheating slut, the fact that she has her own riches now changes nothing.

SHE won't ask for a pre-nup? HE should INSIST on one, that WHEN she cheats she not only gets nothing from him, but he gets EVERYTHING from her.

Somehow, I don't see her having enough faith in herself to sign it.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
More Than Money

She was not a particularly interesting character in any way. She did not seem to be much of a companion, selfish. Certainly a poor choice for wife, dishonorable, boring. A terrible choice for the mother of your kids, a sociopath. Other than being good in bed, she is nothing but a negative.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO LOOK INTO THE MIRROR

and not see the work SUCKER on his forehead. TK U MLJ LV NV.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I both loved and hated this story

I loved him. An all around good guy that seemed to win a lot. Did well in school. Very, very successful on the football field, was smart with his money (the bit about the Honda cracked me up!), and was pretty good with the ladies. Except Jolene and Pauline. At least Pauline was upfront and honest about her slutiness and she refused to marry him at the end. But Jolene was a gold digger her whole life. Not death or taxes prevented her from going for the gold! In the end she was alone and went back to the one man that had protected and helped her through her entire life. Not because of her love for him, but because she knew she could trust him to protect her. Lousy reason to get married - again! But I did love the fairy tale aspect of the ending. Guess I have a soft spot for heroes. She didn't deserve him.

thebulletthebulletover 7 years ago
JPB at his best

great little story -- well written, well plotted, amusing.

IrfonIrfonover 7 years ago
?

Nice one JPB !!

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago
Entertaining!

JPB, you manage to take a worn out scenario (aren't they all) and make it an entertaining story...the sign of a true writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Don't Know

I'm of two minds about this one. It had all the hallmarks of a JPB opus including a large dose of Pauline French. The hero was decent and moral without being burdened by good judgment about women. The cheating bitch was an unrepentant gold digger with incandescent sexuality. It's the happy ending that I'm trying to swallow; it's so not JPB. Don't get me wrong. I like happy endings but I thought that the story would end when Pauline flew away. Still gave it a 5. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I loved this story

Right up until the end. I really, really wanted to believe Joleen would be true to him the second time around, now that she had all the money she would ever need. Maybe she pops out a couple of rugrats and is a great mommy and wife for the rest of her days. That would be the happy ending. Maybe that's what JPB had in mind for this story. A happy ending. It's just not normal JPB fare so I have a little suspicion that Joleen will always be a cheater and she's putting one over on her savior. That's the cynic in me. Still a great story. 5 stars

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 5 years ago
Okay yeah sure this could work

Selling for a gold-digging cheating ex-wife and remarrying her... What could possibly go wrong?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Don't

Don't take Killeen back. If you have to take her back, scheme to get half of Jason's money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Actually funny, you just have to adjust to the usual JPB storyline......man is a cucky wimp, wife is a slut who sleeps around, cucky wimp accepts it and takes her back. Sometimes, I think this is just a constant replay of JPB's actual life.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
It's JPB

What can you say. I've read a lot worse. I liked this one.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
How stupid can you get

He should have never taken that whore back

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

I'd have taken her back, and cheated on her relentlessly, and divorced her ass the minute she stepped out on me and taken half her shit

green117green117over 3 years ago
Man, I've been here at least 7 years...

Anyway, y'all might consider the song "Joleen" when you read this one.

Not that I have any special knowledge or anything...

Green-something

green117green117over 3 years ago
'cept of course the name of the song is

Jolene.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Good Lawd. He didn't come off as a gold-digger, but I guess he is.

How the turn tables.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Good story, but he'd be nuts to take her back. Money may be her motivation in the past, but she comes up short in the ethics category and always will. But it was a good story.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago

JPB strikes again...Home Run, Out of the Park! Excellent story, very well told and an ending that few people could argue with. But the few that do complain need to be reminded THIS IS A STORY. He has a lot of experience dealing with a cheating gold-digger and this one is a known quantity! my money would be on him to spend and stash till the game is over keep the cards, and the cash, 'close to the chest', perhaps give her a bit of her own medicine and give Pauline French a 'whirl' every now and then! but keep an eye out for a better deal. 5***** all the way, GREAT JOB, Thank You.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Well, not a bad story, every now and then JPB penchant for turnarounds comes out sensible.

Of course, he is selling "big money" story to LW pinkneck paupers. LOL

But the story rings somewhat. The kick is that American men want to have the kind of women that are good looking whores in bed and these are the kinds of women that will eventually, invariably, cheat. So one needs to prepare, so this story is kind of realistic, except for the part when the woman comes back because of "love." Or a big dick?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She'll be cheating on him in no time. i get it if he's marrying with her to collect half of the money she got from her deceased husband. But he would be a stupid idiot if he believes she loves him and won't cheat on him again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The Last Line.

Fucked up the whole story.

Why can't just people stay alone....

If you need sex go to a hooker.

Or FWBs

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too bad he couldn't save himself. Another pointless repetitive story of JPB's. Guy falls for girl at a young age and the girl keeps fucking him over and over again and then marries her regardless of her history. When the whore eventually cheats, they do nothing at first but sulk and continue to live with the whore. Nothing new and nothing good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Even though she has tons of Franklins, She will always want more. Bill Gates? Donald Trump?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 years ago

BOOOOOOOORIIIIINNGGGG!!!!

Same old storylines and same boring characters, why do people actually like JPB's trope?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My advice to him is to run like the wind . The funny part is I went to high School with a girl named Pauline French .. She was very pretty but We never dated .. But to this day Her and Paul her husband laugh at the stories here .That's Right Meet Paul and Pauline Disney . And yes he is very well off but still a nice guy .

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Why? This dude is a glutton

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 1 year ago

Perhaps he needed the prenup? Still liked the story, thanks.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

certainly was an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have never liked this assholes stories…His absolute disrespect for the time a reader spends reading his stories puts me off! So I open his stories and go straight to the end and give it a single point!! Makes me very very happy!!

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

mmmmmmmm just a bit different ending than the normal, not a bad read.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

dumb. Does he have a death wish?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The dude needs a serious mental evaluation and probably a commitment.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
Around

Pauline French sure gets around,by my reckoning Brad is the fifth guy she has relieved of his virginity.

brownlabbrownlab5 months ago

Nice work Bob thank you for sharing! J2

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I still like it and I still think he's nuts! :)

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Yup best reread story writer in the field!! I think I have read more JPB stories in the last 15 years than all the rest combined hahaha. And loving it!!!

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

I just love Pauline French. Good story, as usual.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...