Scars Ch. 06-08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cross13
cross13
22 Followers

When the police arrived, maybe five minutes later, they were surprised. Two dead bodies and someone in critical condition was what they found. Carl did die, and so did the guy in a black ski mask. Blue ski mask was whisked away in an ambulance to the nearest hospital. I wasn't sure if he would make it or not, but I didn't care.

The cops took all of our statements and I was labeled a hero. My knives where taken, but I got them back two days later. Emily showed up at the police station where we gave our statements. She was terrified and crying. She ran straight to her dad crying about how worried she was. Afterwards she came to me very mad, yelling that I endangered her father while trying to be a hero. I wasn't even able to explain myself.

Finally after sitting back and laughing for awhile, her dad came to my rescue and stood up for me, saying what I did was very brave and if I hadn't done something, they might have all died. When he told her, she blushed and apologized profusely to me.

"Emily, it's okay. I'm not offended...other than the fact you wouldn't let me talk." I laugh at that, "Other than that, its okay. I did what I thought was best...and if someone else had died, I would have felt terrible," I say.

I was glad when the cops finally released us. I slept late the next day, until about ten the next morning. When I finally woke up, Brady and Mr. Thompson were already gone. I looked at the fridge and found a note. Brady went out with Daphne and Mr. Thompson went to see Mr. Connors. I had the house to myself. The next thing I know there's a knock at the door. I open it to find Colin.

"Hey...anyone else home?" he asks.

"No. What are you here for?"

"I heard what you did yesterday. I don't know much about you, but you seem to attract attention; everywhere you go. It's very hard to compete against you. You know all I heard about last night from Emily? You...it was all about you. I told you I would leave you alone if you would leave me alone. I guess it's hard for you to do that when you work for my girlfriend's dad."

"I'm not getting where this is going. What are you talking about?"

"I'm saying that I really can't ignore the fact that you're in her life, but I am with her."

"I don't see where you're going with this. I'm not hitting on her or trying to steal her from you Colin. Does it look that way to you? I'm not. Why would I? I don't do that to people. Plus, she doesn't even see me that way. You don't have to worry about it. I—" I stop as another car pulls into the driveway.

"What were you saying? That's her right there, did you invite her over?" he asks.

"No I didn't. I have no idea why she's here. She's never come to see me before. This is weird," I say.

I let Emily inside. She looked back and forth between Colin and I. "Colin...what are you doing here?"

"I..." he stammered.

"He came by to thank me for saving your dad. He knows that it would have been terrible for you to lose him," I reel off quickly.

"Oh...okay.

We talked for a while and when Colin looked at his watch, he said sorry and excused himself to go to work. Emily stood there a little lost on what to say. "So...I wanted to thank you for saving my dad. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did last night, I was just so scared. He really appreciates what you did," she quickly walks up and stands on her tip toes and pecks me on the cheek. She blushes and runs out the door.

I stood there not quite sure what just happened. I turned around and walked back up to my room. I sat there stunned still and fell asleep.

Later around three in the afternoon I got a call from Stephanie. "Hello?" I say.

"Hey, Dylan! Well, my family just, you know, wanted to meet you. They think it would be great to meet their nephew."

I was a little surprised. I had totally forgotten about that with all that had happened yesterday. "Oh, okay. Yeah, sure. When, where and what time? I'd love to meet...my...family." I say, unsure of the words.

"Would you want to come over tonight? We're making steak, potatoes, and stewed cabbage. I hope that's all right with you," she said.

"Okay, sounds delicious. What time would you like me to be there?"

"Dinner is at five, so how about four thirty?" she questioned.

"I'll be there at four thirty on the dot."

"Yay! Okay see you then," she says hanging up.

cross13
cross13
22 Followers