All Comments on 'Settting Up Jackie'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Simple49erSimple49erover 14 years ago
Good use

of unlikable characters. Not one person to cheer for here: that includes his wife who divorced him. You are such a good writer that when you developed these characters I could find not reason to admire any of them. I suppose everyone got what they deserved and in a way this is a happy ending. The "hero" does not have to marry her, only screw her. Why is his wife not likeable? Too many years together to wipe him out financially no matter what he did. So I guess both torch the bitch and bastard groups are whooping it up in the saloon tonight. Fun read!

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Light story

Possibly this story would get better rating in Humour since it is a pure ribald fantasy.

DeckviewDeckviewover 14 years ago
What a waste of time to read or write

Nothing about nothing....

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Keysone Kops of 2009

silly, very silly

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well Bob

He isn't any better character than her so why not cohabitate. If he really loved his wife, he screwed up but I didn't see any character in him. What I wish you had done was at least find a way for him to really screw over Matt...the real spoiled asshole.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
I like it, fun to read and erotic enough to be hot

I think a lot of families have a person like this. All kinds of shit happens when you think with your dick head. Thanks for the story

AzPilotAzPilotover 14 years ago
Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it.

Life's a lot more fun when you laugh. Nit-picking is work, enjoy a fun piece when you find one. Written or live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Took 10 minuites to write

3 minuites to read, sort of cute, I guess, J.P.B. is at heart a asshole, that does come out a lot.

sexmatesexmateover 14 years ago
I guess they deserve one another ?

Maybe the consolation prize wasn't so bad after all?

Or maybe with a little time they will kill each other?

Who knows?

Thanks for writing!

sexmate

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
light hearted entertainment very tongue in cheek.

Nice!!!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

A fun read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Funny!!!

JPB, you have an incredibly unorthodox sense of humor, and I love it.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well that was a hoot!

Only one mistake. When his wife tossed him out she didn't get "almost everything" . She got half. Because the Courts don't give a shit about fidelity. It's a no fault world. Which means Jackie got her half of Matt's money too. Other than that small error - this was funny!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love a story where a strong woman puts a man in his place

Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kinda strange

They deserve each other. Pretty funny actually.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

It’s amazing what an extra letter will do to your score. Setting up Jackie gets a score of 4.02 whilst Settting (notice the extra t) up Jackie gets a score of 4.07 clearly that little extra was the missing ingredient into making this a great story instead of just a mediocre one.

Maybe other authors will now latch on to this sure fire way of improving their efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was fun.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica12 months ago

"Close the door, you're letting all the flies out." LMAO...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...