Shades of Blue Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He had a big grin on his face, "Already on its way" he said, and indicated the door. "Don't worry about the cost, the sweepstake pot can stand it." Three of the waiters from the restaurant were walking in with trays filled with glasses of, what looked like champagne and had already begun to hand them around. Other staff members were coming in, as well as other guests, all with glasses in their hands, picked up from the bar on their way in. No matter where you are, mention 'Free Drinks' and you soon have a crowd. The trio were playing softly in the background, but nobody was dancing. The applause died down as hands were filled with fresh glasses.

I pulled Joanne to her feet, "I think we might need the microphone in a moment" I said. Then I took Lisa and Simon's hands and pulled them up as well. Joanne took Simon's hand and I took Lisa's, and we led them to the stage, collecting fresh glasses from one of the waiters as we passed. The leader handed me the 'mic' and I held up my hands for some quiet.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" I began, "Tonight seems to have become something of a special night, for more than just myself and my new wife. I sort of, got a feeling when we came in, that you were expecting us, it appears that our story had been 'leaked'." A ripple of laughter ran around the room. "What you may not have realised is just how much these two wonderful people here have done, to rebuild for us, the day it wassupposed to have been.When talking to Lisa, I realised just how much she cared for Simon here, but for some reason he couldn't see it. Probably because he was so blinded by how he felt about her. Now I have just been called 'Cupid' for having got them to dance together, a title I really have no right to. Cupid had already been here, long before today. Everyone on the staff knew it, and I now discover there was even a sweep running as to how long it would take them to get together." Another ripple of laughter. "I think we can confidently say that somewhere in this hotel we have a winner, because, Ladies and Gentlemen, look at them! These two are meant to be together and after tonight I think it would take teams of horses to drag them apart.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the welcome you have given myself and my new wife, this evening. BUT! As must be obvious to everyone, we are not what this evening is really about any more. I ask you all, to raise your glasses and drink a toast. A toast to two beautiful people, who have at long last found, what everyone else knew had to be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I ask you to raise your glasses and drink a toast .... To Love! - And to LISA and SIMON!

The toast was echoed around the room and a few cries of "Speech, Speech" were heard. I looked at Simon, shrugged my shoulders and handed him the 'mic'. "Go for it pal" I said, "I've got them warmed up, I think they will cheer for you now, if you just read them the weather forecast."

As I stepped away and put my arm round Joanne she whispered, "I think that second date you mentioned is looking like a distinct possibility. First you arrange a wonderful day for us out of nothing, then you drive me to distraction in bed. You can open champagne without breaking things and making a mess, and you take me to a restaurant where the food and wine is out of this world. Now you put two people who love each other, together – And you make a speech which has almost every woman in the room in tears. Yes, that second date is definitely looking like a possibility."

I kissed her gently behind the ear, and yes, I got that response again. "We haven't finished the first date yet" I said. I have plans for you, young lady. The night is still young."

"Oooh!" she replied, "But mummy wouldn't like it."

The old jokes are still the best, aren't they? I had to respond to it. "But mummy isn't getting it!"

She chuckled, and whispered, "OH YES SHE IS! And she is going to really enjoy it. I told you, I intend to be really, really indecent tonight. I may border on or even slip over into, the positively pornographic, that is, if we haven't done that already. This could be averybusy night."

Yes! I know! She set me up for that one, didn't she? I walked straight into it! Never mind, win some, and lose some. When I thought back over the day, I really couldn't complain. I had risked everything by telling her I loved her. The 'mock' wedding ceremony had worked out very nicely. The Hotel had been an absolute dream, come true, and our session in the bedroom couldn't have been better, for either of us. I must admit, I did still hope I hadn't got her pregnant with our first full lovemaking session, but somehow even that didn't really worry me. I reckoned I was still well out in front.

Simon had finished his few words and handed me back the 'mic', which I returned to the trio leader. He was grinning all over his face as he shook my hand. "That worked out rather well, didn't it?" He said. "Bar takings will be up tonight that's for sure. We have been trying to get those two together for ages."

12