All Comments on 'She Had it All'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
Irish_DomIrish_Domabout 17 years ago
Good...

Very good story. A little clinical in the way it was written, but still well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A perfect story

The detail gives the characters life and makes the story real and believable. Not sure what clinical means in this context but another winner from the master!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Very Nice Romance

Somehow I never get tired of reading Dinsmore stories - is always a pleasure to see a new one posted. They're predictable and very similar to each other, but this story, like its predecessors, is a fun and interesting read and puts a big smile on your face. If you have any tendency to enjoy a well-crafted, pure romance, you won't be disappointed with this story.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
There is something special

Anytime Dinsmore combines music and romance we get a special story. This is another winner on a growing list. There is something about any romance you write but music adds something, I just love it. Have fun and thanks for sharing your talent!

Thank you for your service!

SwedeqSwedeqabout 17 years ago
Outstanding!

Dins,

You have done it again! An excellent read! Well worth the wait! Thank You!

hb7094hb7094about 17 years ago
man

you nailed it on one / great to see more of your workthankyou / hersch

george55george55about 17 years ago
Success

Another Dinsmore success.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Rates a C/C+

The storyline has some possibilities, but the execution suffers from “Biden’s disease“. Like Joe Biden, who often loses his audience when he takes fifty-nine sentences to express his thought... when three would have been immensely effective, so does this author. Overall it’s a story that should appeal to the female adolescent audience, but have very limited appeal beyond that demographic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
meh...

It's not really believable....the more I found out about the characters, the less believable they become.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great

Another winner!

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Rates an A/A+

Another great story. Now I wait impatiently for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Stuff

Story of the WEEK...

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
As Do You Story Teller

Its not just your ability but your choice of imaginative subjects that favor characters and scenarios that we can respect.

Thanks Author - Another strong effort that is very much appreciated.

Certain Authors names create expectations and you are among the very best. Another please when time permits.

With Very High Regard

imhandyimhandyabout 17 years ago
A great story

It was a great story but seemed a little rushed even though it took 6 lit pages to write. I always read your stories and enjoy them alot because you are one of the best writers on here.

imhandyimhandyabout 17 years ago
A great story

It was a great story but seemed a little rushed even though it took 6 lit pages to write. I always read your stories and enjoy them alot because you are one of the best writers on here.

jack_strawjack_strawabout 17 years ago
I give it an A-

This is a nice little romance, something you do very well. You made me care about these people, the sex was very nice, but very appropriate, and I liked where the story went. Good moral to the story, which is, 'to thine ownself be true.' Still, there were a few flaws. First, you really got bogged down in the minutiae of an indie recording contract toward the end. The looooonnnnng conversation between Taylor and Margaret could have been cut to a fraction of its length and still gotten the point across. Second, I thought Jake's character was bit too perfect. I mean, when he was asking Taylor which wine she preferred I half expected him to simply stick his finger in a pitcher of water and make it that way. He was a bit cliched, in other words. Finally, I don't keep up that closely with country music, so I don't know if the Grand Ole Opry has moved back into Ryman (as a purist and a traditionalist where music is concerned, I'd sure like to see it happen), but I believe the Opry is housed out in the 'burbs somewhere outside Nashville. That was definitely a jarring touch that dimmed the story's credibility just a bit. Still, this was an enjoyable, entertaining read.

DinsmoreDinsmoreabout 17 years agoAuthor
Sent to my inbox and felt the need to share

I know I've heard from this unsigned poster before but he/she has chosen to send comments directly rather than post them in public. Humanity os a wonderful thing; reality is not always wonderful but it is reality.

****

This message contains feedback for: Dinsmore

About the submission: She Had it All

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

I couldn't finish this story and for one simple reason: the attitudes of Taylor made me feel nothing but ill thoughts towards her. When she thought Jake was a manual laborer, she assumed he was beneath her and wondered what had caused him to be so lowly.

What a pretentious snob! All this boasting of material wealth by your characters does nothing to add to the story, and only supports the sad but true mainstream feelings of the modern era: that a person cannot be respected without wealth.

Try a story with more depth next time. You're a good writer but haven't found the heart of humanity yet.

DRSPEAKDRSPEAKabout 17 years ago
Outstanding

Well written short story that could be an excellent novel. You are able to get the message across with a few words. Do what makes you what you are, and the rest will follow. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Bloody great !

It read like the abstract of a well-researched book. Carefully crafted and not a word out of place.

If only more folk were kind & generous with their community & charity. . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another great read

I enjoyed the story. The ending seemed rushed. Keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
awesome awesome awesome

and then some....

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Brilliant!

What a story. Your still one of the best if not the best

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Truly a wonderful story

It really hits home and makes me feel good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
GREAT STORY

awesome story. loved your stories and style. wish you would write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Damn!!!!!!!!

Great story, made me think i was reading the script for Pure Country 3,lol.

mitchawamitchawaover 12 years ago
perfection

I'm going to keep this short, but you have written a wonderful story with some help from your editors. What I like most is the straight forward no nonsense writing style. Second, the pace is perfect. The story moves along with background placed in appropriate places. Third, I like both the internal and external dialogue, although in places I think the exchanges could have been shortened.

My only criticism is that the story is too perfect. Everything happens without conflict from the outside world. There is some internal conflict, but you render it meaningless with easy solutions.

Nevertheless, it is a great story, one I couldn't stop reading. I hope, one day, to develop your skill of story telling.

JeffTomJeffTomover 12 years ago
Love It

Can you make it read ( She has it all)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent story

Probably one that likely happened to someone out there. I have sampled big city life as well as rural small town life. I found I was more likely to find genuine, down-to-earth, quality, class people in the country compared to many I found in the large cities who were 'plastic,' out-for-number-one types; there is no way to compare the difference in contentment and happiness! The 'simple life' with some real depth in it wins every time for this city kid (with a country heart)! I found your story a fascinating read that I can truly identify with! This is the first of your stories I have read, but certainly won't be the last! This story was cross referenced from one written by Moogplayer, who is also an excellent author of like talent! Great job!!

hathorbr1hathorbr1almost 12 years ago
What a Beautiful Story!

I love your work. You write beautifully and very romantically! Great Job!

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 10 years ago
A little too much schmaltz.

It's a sweet story, but it suffers from Halequin/Lifetime Channel disease. Jake might as well leap tall buildings in a single bound, and Taylor seems to shed all her problems as soon as she kisses him for the first time.

A little more realism might have punched the story up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

great

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Real characters are compelling characters

I think the fact that a war had to be invented to justify the main character being a war hero kind of says it all.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
So It's Not Perfect

I too agree that love flows just a bit to easily. Sing a song into the sack as it were. Still its very enjoyable and interesting. Relaxing, romantic, interesting and fun is a very good combination. 5*

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Really well concwived -

The story rolled well and was very clean 0- lot's of stuff going on and it was always clear where you were and what you were doing - Thanks - it was a lot of fun.

NaughtyNaughtyNurseNaughtyNaughtyNurseabout 9 years ago
Outstanding!

Fucking amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well written .

But it was a bit like superman meets a perfect version of Brittany Spears.

notforsaleyetnotforsaleyetover 7 years ago
Good stories are few, great ones rare

and I can only say I admire your ability to write a great story. I've got a lot to learn and you set a fine example.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WOW!!!

This is one of the best, if not the best story, on this site! I'm a singer/musician, myself! I love the old standards. I do Sinatra, Bennett, Cole, etc. I also do songs by oldies groups like the Du Pres and the Skyliners. Also stuff from Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdink and more. Tunes by Michael Buble and Diana Krawl.

I also play trumpet with some of the material. I'm older so my audience is older. I perform at retirement communities mostly but also do private events like parties and weddings.

I love this story because it's every singer/musicians fantasy. It's well written.

I am definitely a romantic and love the story line!

Thanks for a great effort!

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
Early comment

IF you can pay cash FUCKIING PAY IT!!! there are better ways to shield money from taxes!!! A lowering of corperate taxes and a flat rate way below current rates would be nice and create jobs...JFK and Regan DID IT WITH OVERWHELMING SUCCESS. PAY ATTENTION! what worked, works idiot!!!

DeKreDeKreover 6 years ago
Fine story

You really are a marvellous writer. Take out the unnecessary sex and your stories are absolute top.

If only you were a tiny little bit to the left of Genghis Khan in your attitudes.

Keep writing.

john1946john1946almost 6 years ago
Wow

Now, that was fun and a great read.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
country music

when I was growing up every Saturday night the radio was on the Grand Ole opery . this crap that started coming in the 80's belongs in the garbage disposal .

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
FAME FORTUNE AND MONEY

is crowded with notierity and strife.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 5 years ago
Well done!

Well written and very good! Thank you!

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Wonderful love story with great character development. This story is so warm and entertaining. Well done Dinsmore!! Another 5 star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You covered the bases

This is the type of uplifting story showing the real values of life. It talks about the twists and turns that one has in a short life span. Joy, children, giving without conditions, enjoying life's blessings and protecting those you hold dear is critical to a real man or woman. Fame does not create happiness. Have to go my wife of 37 years is calling! It is coffee time in the Northwest.

Sounds like a smarter Taylor Swift

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was real. I enjoyed it. Thank you! Andy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
I have read this story many time, always 5 stars

I always hoped she would anounce an end to her touring which can kill a marriage. The same with actress storys. But this is still one of my all time favorite Romance stories,

Johnny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

a real Gem

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A well written good story ruined by Anal at the end. I wonder why some writers have this fascination for the absolutely disgusting anal!! I was tempted to bring down the stars from 5 to 4, but hesitantly stuck to 5.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Very good story, although I’m something of a sucker for a music related story so am an easy audience. Definitely a 5⭐️ effort, I’d have liked more, but iirc the idea is to leave them always wanting more when you exit the stage, if so @Dinsmore nailed it.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Ranger001Ranger001about 1 year ago

I'm posting in 2023.

This was posted in 2007.

It's still getting rave reviews.

It's still relevant today.

I think it's a very fine piece of writing!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent.

markellymarkelly5 months ago

I’ve stopped by a few times over the years to read this story. It never gets old. A fine story and I can’t thank you enough for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Over the top and not a fan of shitty dick. Mostly a good story though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous