All Comments on 'Sid and Melissa'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
LustHoseLustHoseabout 18 years ago
I could complain......

that this was trite and formula driven but....I enjoyed it. Nice evolution, time line handled well, logical consistency and the characters were interesting and believable.

Sometimes good guys do finish first and Sid did well by all of his family, his comrades in arms (and business) and most importantly, the gal who would become his lifelong and true love.

Schmaltzy but enjoyable, Big D; keep up the prose. Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Trite and formula driven?

Dinsmore:

Is there such a thing as an original story? You wrote a story of romance and love. How many scenarios are available? That fact alone makes the story formula driven. It's the end result that's important. If your goal was to write a story that left the reader with a warm feeling and a smile, you've achieved your goal in spades, regardless of how you arrrived at that goal. You're to be congratulated. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A 5 isn't big enough

A 5 isn't big enough for this. I wish I could give it a 10. One of your biggest fans.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Another good one, Dinsmore

Well done - what a great read. Your characters are always a bit larger than life, but the ones in this story are very believable, especially Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Really enjoyed it

Your writing held me captivated. The story warmed my heart Thanks

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
Another Home run for Dinsmore

You have again spun a marvelous tale. I will enjoy going bacd and reading it again. Very entertaining and well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You did it Again

I am amazed at your ability to come up with some of the best short stories I have ever read. You have a gift, and I really enjoy reading anything you've written, actually there are a few that I treasure and have read multiple times. Thank you,I am glad I know when I see a story with your name on it, tells me it well be more than enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Bullshit

The sick motherfuckers will love this piss-poor trash.

ClevelandRocks18ClevelandRocks18about 18 years ago
Erotica?

Not erotic at all. Boring--kind of Lifetime Network kind of story. Clean it up a bit and send it to Reader's Digest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

Another winner by you. I wish I had a mother like Melissa's.

Boyd

IndyMSpankUIndyMSpankUabout 18 years ago
A great story

This was a great STORY, lots of action, character development, plot, and finally, some hot, loving sex. I pity the fool who does not see the value of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Awesome, dude!

I agree with the comment that it's worth 10 - so what if it's formulaic? It's the WAY that it's written that separates the great stories from the OK stories, so I totally agree with Ronnie W.

The only tiny quibble I have is Sid turning into Mike a few times, but I can forgive that in a story this good.

Keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Simple Way to do things

Every time I see a romantic story by Dinsmore in the new stories list, I set aside some time to read and enjoy it. It is always worth the effort and time, and every one has earned a 5. I love the story and the style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Yeah, I like it too

Even though I've read this many many many times, I love it as much as the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wow

Absolutely the best I've read in a Long time on here. Thank you for sharing your talented writings! Jalero916@JDamron.com

YornHYornHalmost 14 years ago
Absolutely wonderful romance

If there is a single fly in the ointment, it is her statement that she wasn't celibate in their time apart. That, for me, reduced an otherwise wonderful romantic story - I like to believe that giving one's body to someone has to be special. At least, she claims not to have sucked off the other guys - I guess you have to be grateful for small mercies.

At least she didn't appear to be a slut - that is REALLY refreshing - another WONDERFUL story - thank you, Dinsmore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
One of the best

that was one of the best stories i've read. it was heart warming and lovely. excellent work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic Story!!

I have read several of your stories and they are all very well written, but I believe this one may be the best I've seen from your fertile pen, Dinsmore! This one has ALL the characteristics of a great novel: Intrigue, action, loyalty, conflict, hardships to overcome, love, sex, all of it!! How does it get any better!! Great job!! Wonderful read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
aww...

this is my favorite story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I recently wrote about one of your other stories, that they tended to end prematurely and all too often missed some (to me at least) essential parts that would've made them so much better.

Then I chose to vote only 3/5 stars, but despite my misgivings about the scope of your story, it was still technically well written and an entertaining idea. Now I can gladly say, that "Sid and Melissa" is good enough to earn the full 5/5 rating.

Thanks for sharing your works with us!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Just awesome -

It is so nice to read your work - it may never have a piece of truth in it - but it is filled with truisms -

Thank you for sharing with us -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
In the wrong section.

NOT a romance.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 8 years ago
Good One!

This is just another one of the many wonderful stories you've written, as well as the reason why you've secured a place on my Favorite Author's List. Keep doing what you're doing, old friend.

MP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A bit cliche BUT with a FULL ending

Wonderful story with a lot of hankies used. What really separates your story from many others is that you feel that there is not one thing needed to make it full.

Too manu writers start crafteing a very nice store some of them very humorous like Egmont but when it comes to finish it up they kind of lose both interest and will to finish it properly leaving the reader hanging.

This is a story that keeps running (although a bit extremelly "goody goody" for the sake of realism) to the VERY end!!!!! :ovely and complete! Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5* A 2nd read of a great love story!

Wow! As I read first few pages I realized that I had read before but could not remember much from middle to ending. U R a fantastic writer and like MP need to keep writing and posting new stories!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Holy smokes!!! Just plain WOW!!!

stewartbstewartbabout 1 year ago

What a great written story .... a "5" for sure. Even some of my favorite authors have commented favorably, not that I don't disagree!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A good story, except for the fucking around she did with both women and men, after meeting him and wanting to marry him. Slut.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous