All Comments on 'Silence; or, The Bet'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 657 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn good to check for new stories and see your name. To me you are MASTER WRITER!!!. I THANK YOU FOR A GREAT READ.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Always the best!!!

I love finding your name on the list of New Sotories index. It'as always a very good story, truly

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago
Best 1000 bucks he ever spent, eh?

Wow, all Anthony did was pay the 1000 bucks to nearly ruin a marriage, and fuck a married woman.

Wait, if this was a public bet at the office, all the other coworkers know? Are other guys gonna want to make bets with her too? She did it before, right? And the only thing Sheryl says to Anthony is that it was a shitty thing to do? He got away with it!

It's gonna be WONDERFUL for Sheryl working with Anthony in the future, huh? It's gonna be wonderful for Marc to wonder whether Sheryl's fucking Anthony or another coworker over another bet, whenever she has to work overtime. Or maybe a quickie at the office.

No, I don't mean that any of them (Marc, Sheryl or even Anthony) are gonna do it, but these are in my opinion, loose ends.

Sheryl's still working together with Anthony, meaning Marc will forever wonder if she's cheating on him again. Would ANY husband want his wife to see her lover every workday, after she had cheated?

Sheryl will see Anthony every workday, not to mention the fallout from the office bet. Is she going to be labeled the office slut?

Anthony? He got away with it. No repercussions, no beating, no kick in the nuts, nothing. Just a scolding. "You bad boy!".

It's a nice story, and captured Marc's feelings nicely, but it just seems to have a lot of loose ends.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 13 years ago
Great one Ohio

Good story line, good start and middle and absolutely the right ending. You'll have to be careful though, or else some of your countrymen will be accusing you of being a brit wimp. Hope this is followed by many more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
5 minutes of my life

I'll never get back - idiotic, pointless drivel.

Sappy soap opera about stupid immoral people, no thanks.

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
Next Time Maybe he could get $2000.

I was so excited to see an Ohio story, only to find that she has returned to her old emasculating wimp stories. All he had to do was declare an open marriage get a revenge fuck and call it even. Keep the slut around as a fuck buddy if he wants too, but no reason stay married to a mid-priced whore. This story ranks (and I do mean rank) along with some of your earlier male bashing drivel that even Matt Moron would be proud of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good start, terrible ending

I liked the silent treatment premise, and the story started well. But when the other guy, Anthony, is found out, all that happens is that he's told "That was a shitty thing to do" and has to pay $1000?! Are you kidding me?! I couldn't believe what I was reading. I'll bet he's thinking, "That was soooo worth it!" Talk about getting off scot free! Not only is that not revenge, he'll probably feel emboldened to cheat with even more wives, if that's the "worst case" scenario of being found out.

So that was very disappointing, and then the spanking ending seemed lame. In the story, the husband was looking for some kind of closure, and it feels to me like he didn't find it, and the spanking thing was tacked on to make it seem like there was closure. I think a more satisfying closure would have been some kind of revenge on Anthony to the point that Anthony would at least regret what he did. I guess Anthony is supposed to feel bad, but if he had enough morals to make that an effective punishment, he wouldn't have cheated with someone else's wife in the first place, much less cheating to do so!

In some cheating stories, the husband simply doesn't care about the other guy, so the revenge issue never comes up. I can understand that. But in this story the other guy is confronted, but in just about the lamest way imaginable. I've read all the cheating wives stories by authors like Ohio, and never have I seen a more frustrating and ineffectual confrontation with the other guy than in this story! If I were to write a parody or satire of a wimpy husband "confronting" the other guy, it would be hard to top what happens here.

anon606anon606almost 13 years ago
Good to see you are writing again ...

One to get your foot back in?

I can see what you are trying to communicate, I think, but we need to see more of Marc's internal struggle, the bouncing from one side to the other. As his silence is central to the plot, perhaps his interactions with others could serve, or a series of memories, or descriptions of his behavior when alone. Basketball was a good option, but it's limited and delivered its full value quickly.

You can do this. You're a fine and even reputable writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

$1000 a fuck? That is a bit much for a middle aged whore.

Mandy01Mandy01almost 13 years ago
For what it's worth, I liked it!

I'm not sure if the premise of honouring a bet would pass muster in my book, but Ohio did a nice job of this one.

I do believe Marc let him off lightly, but don't worry about Anthony...I'm sure he'll get his dues paid. I believe he's used this trick on many of the staff there. All Sheryl needs to do is let everyone else know how he's been playing them. Something tells me he's in for some troublesome times in the near future

Nice work ohio

Amanda

mcwiiimcwiiialmost 13 years ago
He's Back!

Good story, interesting process. Glad to see you are writing again, you have been missed.

jimhesdedjimhesdedalmost 13 years ago
This is such a funny genre, lol......

ME, I think it was a terrific story of forgiveness, love, anger, deceitfulness and a dreadful mistake. I enjoyed it and am delighted to have Ohio back writing and sharing his brand of LW stories. Now one thing I have learned about LW is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to write a story that pleases everyone. You have the basic "torch the bitch" bunch, in the middle you have the "circumstances dictate the spousal response" group (I am in this category, sometimes it is right to torch, other times forgiveness might be called for), and then you have the other end of the spectrum, the "oh, please, shit on my cuckold ass" folks. I have a lot of trouble getting into these stories, not that it is impossible. But WHATEVER type it is, a big segment of readers is not going to like it, and say so quite vociferously. That is why LW stories have somewhat lower scores than other types. It does not mean they are not good stories, just that a segment HATES them with a passion. Having said all that, Ohio is one of the best in LW, and I for one want to be on record saying so. Thanks for the story and welcome back! Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
better

Better then all the sicko crap i see on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Husband is not a wimp, he's a PIMP.

So this was a one time thing?

And she doesn't ask him to wear a comdom?

Feels his cum ozzing out of her $1000 whore pussy?

Stupid woman, I just wished, she should've gotten pregnant. Anthony would have been more delighted, fucked a married wife, put a bun in her owen, and got away with it, just for $1000 YIPPIEEE!!!!

Husband isn't a wimp, he was a PIMP, as he said, "Mr. Prins, I believe you owe my wife $1000."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

This is the 1st of your stories I have read. Over the next few days or so I plan to read the rest. Please keep writing. I enjoyed this story immensely. Thank you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
to the anonymous poster "He is a PIMP"

dude you are the stupidest mother fucker on the planet.

seriously.

One may have some issue in the way the Husband reacted but your blaming the entire thing on him... wait let me guess ...you live in anthony weiner's congressional district right?

another idiot liberal

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
GOOD story but some issues left unresolved

Lots to say. There are a lot of good things to say about the story but also some things which are not so good.

First...I actually enjoy the silent treatment reaction quite well and that is something that I have done myself several times when I get upset over something my wife has done or said. I am sure that all men had actually done something like that. Of course it's hard to do for months on end like this but the author does a great job of conveying WHY he the is unable to communicate because his existence... his understanding of how the universe and reality operates and relates to him... Simply doesn't exist anymore.

Parenthetically I have noticed this trend lately in some of these LW stories that there seems to be the emphasis on a lot of male RAGE. That in itself is not a bad trend because often in these sorts of stories we have a distinct lack of rage... or... if the author does develop anger and rage in the husband it usually dissipates by page 3 or 4.

But I would like to see some other emotion the size just constant rage. Just becuase I have a dick and a ball sack doesnt mean I am a neanderthal Man and that my knuckles drag on the ground when I walk.

Other really good thing about this story is how Marc slowly begins to realize that his " current shutdown" mindset cannot go on and eventually it has to start talking to SOME ONE.

The spanking seems a little over the top at the end but it's not a deal breaker.

About the other guy ANTHONY. When Marc and his wife are back together they go over what has happened and the sequence of events... they piece togther that Anthony MUST of set "IT" -- the ping pong ball game-- up so that the wife HAD to lose the bet. So THAT part of the ending works REALLY well.

BUT.... leaving Anthony at wife's work place... and still in close contact with the wife ??? No way. At least the wife should tell all the other women at work what happened.

LASTLY.. it is clear the wife WANTED ...at some level... wanted to do this. The wife COULD of figured this out her own. She could of thought " wait a second... How could this guy who has been constantly flirting and hitting on me SUDDENLY be so certain that these ping pong balls would go in... when in thousands of tries NO one has ever done that?"

But she didnt think that. This BET thing is touched on briefly in the sessions between Dr Fisher and the wife. But CLEARLY the idea of younger hotter man willing to pay $1000 to fuck her hasd some sortt of DEEP appeal.

WHY did the whife see the bet as being of EQUAL value to her marriage?

These are some points NOT really talked in the story and as a married couple in order for the ending to work... they really need to talk those issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great Story

This has to be one of the best stories I have read on Literotica in many years. Usually I go for the kinky stuff but this one really had depth and meaning. Forget the naysayers and just do your thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
STDs???

good story, but no mention about STDs... there should have been SOMETHING about that... but that aside, I liked it.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 13 years ago
Perfect hard headed guy

Marc has got to be even more hard headed than my father was; good job at building such a character, can't be easy. Overall a very good story well told by a very good author. I was never quite sure how author was going to work his way to the obviously planned ending. I guess the spanking scene sort of works; I wonder if spanking ever really provides catharsis for both parties?

cageyteecageyteealmost 13 years ago
What a co-incidence!!!

I just finished re-reading a few of your earlier stories & was delighted to find a new one this morning. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Thanks for sharing them.

m48gunnerm48gunneralmost 13 years ago
Good Job

Good Job, You led us through the conflict, the pain, and the reconciliation. Well written! Pretty stupid of her, but shit happens adn we do dumb things, you brought them through it in a believable manner.

Thanks!

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 13 years ago
Glad to see you BACK!!

Missed your stories. Good Tale!.

Glad to see the husband decided losing his marriage was to high a price to pay.

I know some here forget it but EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!If it had been a long running affair that would have been different. But it was a one shot deal and she felt like shit before he started the silent treatment.

Alls well that ends well.

AGAIN glad to see you back!

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
What a way to start my day...a new Ohio story!

Great story and well written as to be expected. However, I still don't think there was any really closure for Mark. Hell, men have been fed the silent treatment from women all their lives. Women are more verbal but if they don't get the response they want they will just talk to someone else--hence the therapist. Once a cheater--always a cheater, and Mark knows it. Anthony only has to pay $1000 bucks for his rigged game but Mark spent many times that on therapy. Not enough pain for Prins.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Redemption Hard Won

Enjoyed the story especially where it shows how cheating can hurt many lives. Not sure that the silent treatment was the most mature response but then I'm not sure how mature I would be in the same situation. Please continue to write.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Always a fan

Your were probably the first author I liked when I started reading on Lit. And you never fail to deliver wonderful stories extremely well written. Thanks for sharing your stories with us

SKHPSKHPalmost 13 years ago
Thanks for the excellent Story, Ohio!

I liked it very much - 5*.

Just a few remarks:

1. The spanking did not fit in well as a closure.

2. She did not quit her job. That would have been a way to show her husband that she is actively avoiding Anthony.

3. Anthony cheated with the bet. He got away much to easy. At least he should have been outed among his colleagues as a dishonorable person who makes foul bets.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good story. Very good.

You write very well. I really got into the emotion of this story. The only thing I didn't track with was the spanking at the end. Otherwise, one of the most realistic stories I have read in a long time. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
It was good...but for one thing.

Calling your loved one "cunt" is not likely to engender much good will. It shows a distinct lack of love or respect, especially if you want to make your marriage succeed.

Now, I know many will say that she deserved it for cheating on him; but two wrongs don't make a right. She cheated on him and she had already learned her lesson. His actions were for his benefit not theirs. They were selfish, mean and created only to hurt her.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 13 years ago
Very good

Each person has to deal with their reactions to a cheating spouse and we are all different. I think you wrote a good, realistic story about two people who loved each other, but who faced a crisis in life and got through it. I particularly liked that they did not involve the children in the sordid details of what happened and who was at fault.

romaq7705romaq7705almost 13 years ago
not good

welcome back ohio. am afraid this story doesn't work for me.

1. it took a few sessions of psychobabble and sex to win the husband back.

2. anthony paying the $1k bet makes sheryl a $1k whore.

3. anthony gets off unharmed. he paid $1k for sex with a $1K whore.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 13 years ago
Very good!

Not very many authors can keep my interest to the end, but this one did.

Well done,

Thanks,

MGM

bigguy323bigguy323almost 13 years ago
Maybe, just MAYBE reconciliation is justified in this story. I'd still watch her closely for some time.

VERY CLOSELY!

Her attitude immediately following her adultery wasn't exactly contrite. She SAID she would not have done "IT" again, but I'm not so sure that was true.

Her getting caught so quickly preempted that, but I'm fairly sure that had she got away with "IT" she would have fantasized about it and talked herself into doing it again.

His behavior was reasonable. I'm not sure that is the way many men would actually behave. I, personally, would always vote for kicking her to the curb and out of the house for a period of "adjustment" and to allow her to reflect on her behavior.

I also would have made her confess to the kids and all other family members.

But then I'm a hard ass on adultery.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 13 years ago
Very enjoyable story

Glad to see a new Ohio story.

I liked the silence bit; has been done before but not is this way. I really found this story good because the cheating was a small part of it (OK the main cause) but the story was all about the characters, resolutions and emotions around the event. Ohio wove a whole cloth of a story.

I am not sure that commenter’s read carefully while Anthony did not suffer harm as many would like to see there were a couple of sentence Ohio put in there that lead me to believe he was scared and knew he had screwed up. When Sheryl is at work and tells Anthony she believes Marc knows he is (paraphrase) like great now have to look over my shoulder for an irate husband. Further when Sheryl and Marc confront Anthony in his office he backs away - scared not knowing whether to run or what is going to happen. When Anthony told he owes $1000 quickly writes check. I realize most reader want bold punishment but the subtle implied punishment of Anthony works for me in this story.

Amazing only one Anon so far said it was terrible. Very high praise in the comment section (yes heavy sarcasm since I have a VERY LOW opinion (whale shit is heavier) of Anonymous comments.

Thank you for writing and submitting. Hopefully your back in the writing spirit! Alway enjoy your stories.

Keep writing so I can keep reading!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
1000

id say that was a mistake in zeros id make it hurt n swear he meant 10000 n if he didnt pay it we take his fucking nuts as evidence n sue his sorry ass n do our best to get him fired...1000 is not a vacation 10000 is n then id thank mr anthony after he signed his confession ..i wouldnt care if he had to take out a loan what he did he can either pay 10000 or pay a whole lot more in lawyer fees n still end up paying more n still have lawyer fees..plus im sure he would pay because would he want to lose that job...and oh by the way after he had paid just put a restraining order in place to keep him working on the roof completely away from all other women

shaman43shaman43almost 13 years ago
Well done

As always Ohio writes well. Gave it 5 stars. It was well thought out, so was well plotted. As much as possible, in a short story, O gave us character development and insight into these characters. Early in my career I was an editor for a couple of authors. I remember how it hurt them when some of their work had to be changed to help readability. I wish that the authors on this site would not be attacked or criticized so much because some readers do not like the actions of the characters. The critique of the story is then about the actions of the characters and not the quality of the writing. I agree with the great comments made by Jim.... about how Loving Wives stories are rated. For me there are far more egregious mistakes or sins one can do to another human being than infidelity. In fact some of them are what the " torch the bitch" group want done to the wife. I personally abhor the humiliation and submission behaviors some like. In my private practice I refer these folks to another practitioners since I cannot subscribe to it being a healthy rewarding choice. I am in that middle group. Different choices for different circumstances. For example, my first marriage ended the day I went with my wife to sign her in the hospital for some elective surgery. The clerk blind sided me with a form giving me the information that my wife had asked for a tubal ligation be performed as well the the needed surgery. Even though we had had for an earlier time an open marriage it was only with the knowledge of the other partner. With lots of communication about the why and how and consequences. Always sharing. She thought the surgery would be done without my knowledge and she did not share it. Since she traveled around the country and sometimes outside the country a couple weekends a month for an avocation I knew she was hiding her life from me. I had a vasectomy years earlier so that was it. The marriage was over. I told her to find someone else to pick her up when she was dismissed from the hospital. NOthing hidden everything shared is my value statement in a marriage; therefore, I loved the story because they finally had nothing hidden. The comments piss me off because they show little thought. It irritates me that so many seem to troll the LW catagory to vent their close minds at others.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAalmost 13 years ago
Always enjoy a good story from Ohio.

I don't mind the reconciliation here. Sheryl caused a lot of pain. But the way Ohio created the characters, it seems that Sheryl desperately wants to make amends. The marriage is not out of the woods. I can see more counseling in this couple's future. But if they both really want it to work, if they both really love the other and want to work together and move past her infidelity, then more power to them.

One other point; the silent treatment here kind of played out a little long for me. Carried to extreme, it kind of starts to the change the balance from "sympathetic betrayed husband" to "whiney, pouty wimp husband." I know the silent treatment is a "tried and true" strategy to battle the enemy wife. I've used it a time or two myself. A few days ago I read a story by another author where the husband there used the silent treatment. In this story, like in that one, I wanted to scream, "come on, be a man and talk to the woman or at least be strong enough to move on with your life." I guess it is just a quirky preference that I have about some of these stories and how they play out.

But it is Ohio's story and I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for sharing the story, Ohio.

FrozenclitFrozenclitalmost 13 years ago
Five stars for Ohio - just for the Brand

Once someone is among the Ubermasters Club, as Ohio is, even a one sentence story from him will draw a 5 from me.

But then the disappointments - OMG the biggest disappointment!!

SOMEBODY HAS HIJACKED HiV's account!!! This is a matter of National Security.

The comments under his name are the most passionless, so academically reasonable, SOOOOO almost patronizing I have ever read from this usually Live-wire guru. A lot of times I read a serious LW story (in my books a serious story is the one that has been annointed with an HiV comment)only so I could get to read the emotionally charged and heart thumping response from the only MASTER Commentator on the site.

I mean there are hundreds of regular commentators, some of them among the Ubermasters Club such as HDK, Rehnquist, DQS and a few others. These guys write comments as you would expect them to write - always encouraging, very pleasant and supportive (even their suggestions are no more scathing than a Frappachino).

Then there are the ANONAMIs and TTB crowd who try to show passion but hardly burn you up inside as their comments are very much like being torched from the outside by a less than competent flamer.

But when HiV torches, it is like an incendiary device placed right inside the heart of the story. HiV, I know we all age, but I really cant face the disappointment of seeing you go all logical and understanding on us. If the story sucks, torch the BITCH (I mean the story) as she deserves to be.

And this story does deserve to be torched (at least partially), specially for the lame confrontation with the sick moron Anthony. Also, there is a bit of blandless and not quite satisfying lack of edge to this story which is hard to analyse but generally has something to do with lack of emotional contribution from secondary characters (the kids, the shrink, the villian etc,).

A super Ohio story, such as the house of cards, has plenty of delicious and spicy feel to it that just stays with you for years. This story is not in that class.

This is not to say that I am not eternally grateful for the FREE entertainment (I mean absolutely unbelievable - but this site is one of the few places where you find absolutely WORLD CLASS entertainment FREE). So my heartfelt gratitude for this privilege (Bowing and scraping) my masters OHIO and such like. I just love you and these other masterclass men (a few women LGKS, Angique etc). Thank you all. Love FZC

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Amazingly real...

not like what I would have done in his place, but I've known people who would punish someone for months over a mistake. The story read like it was real. Thank you.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago
To the anon who said:

"It was good...but for one thing."

You, anon, are hilarious.

Calling someone a cunt is not SUPPOSED to engender good will. In the context of the story, it is supposed to show that Sheryl's cheating hurt Marc.

Cheating also shows a distinct lack of love and respect. I REAAAALLY wonder, which one counts heavier?

If you want your marriage to succeed, don't cheat.

"Now, I know many will say that she deserved it for cheating on him; but two wrongs don't make a right"

Interesting, calling someone a cunt, and cheating, are on the same level? Calling someone a cunt is as wrong as cheating?

"His actions were for his benefit not theirs. They were selfish, mean and created only to hurt her."

You DO realize she deserved to be punished for her cheating, right? Punishment is to make the cheater not do it again, and if the cheated one is "selfish" for not wanting to be cheated on AGAIN, then everybody is selfish.

I could say it is for her benefit as well. If she got away with it, unpunished, she'd do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Usually

I usually love reading Ohio's stories. this one is good but didnt do it for me.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Ohio is back!

With a really interesting and well written story. He is one of our masters!

At first, I was sure that Alison had spotted her mother's car and that is why she slipped the cable off her battery. But she gave such an appearance of being puzzled by her father's silence that I ended up buying it.

I hope that they taught the kids, what I learned many years ago, "Never bet anything, that you can not afford to lose". In this case, she was suffering from lust but neither alchol or lust should make a good person unfaithful. Yep I am an absolutist, for me, but that does not make the story any less interesting. Personally I get no pleasure out of inflicting pain so the spanking bit does not move me or entice me....

My suggestion to our hero would have been to hire a PI to get the straight dope on Anthony. It was obvious that he played her, and the best way to get revenge would be to get some other husbands interested in mistreating him. At the minimum he had to run out of town. That request for the 1000 dollars had me doing a double take. That is what she should have gotten if Nature had taken its course, but he did not pay for cheating (and inducing cheating).

I certainly hope we are going to see more of your work in the near future, Ohio....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Yes. A very good stroy sir, well done sir.

I happen to agree with Frozen clit, you madam, make sense especially with the ubarmasters like DQS, Rehnquist and I might also add **JohnDoe** as a great up and coming writer also but Harry does not like my storys much.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 13 years ago
Well Written Fantasy

First, ditto many of the other comments - great to have Ohio writing stories again. This story is a well written fantasy - IRL the wife would have figured out some way to rationalize her affair, twisting it around so that it was the husband's fault. IRL she would have manipulated the heck out of him instead of patiently waiting. However, the story makes for an excellent read and I liked it; nothing wrong with fantasy!

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 13 years ago
Well Done, As Always

Good characters, solid use of emotions, solid dialogue, well-plotted. Yep, that must make it an Ohio story, and it was--as usual--a delight to read.

Quibbles? A few things nag at me the more I think about it. The spanking scene at the end is the most notable. For some reason, it just doesn't seem right. Or in character. Or truly cathartic. I'm not really sure what it accomplished, which is why it keeps nagging at the fringes of my mind.

Then again, I'm still thinking about it all these hours after reading it, and only a gifted author can make us continue to think about their stories long after we've read them.

Please--no, I mean really, Please--get more written and posted!

jack_strawjack_strawalmost 13 years ago
welcome back

Glad to see Ohio back in the saddle. Maybe that means harddaysknight will be making a comeback? One can only hope. Ohio is one of the masters who can make the phone book an interesting read. I'll echo many of the comments that have been made earlier. I thought the two things that didn't work were the spanking at the end and the fact that Anthony pretty much got off with only losing $1,000 (which I would have insisted on getting in cash, not a check). I think a better punishment for Sheryl would be for her to have to quit her job and find some place else to work, where she wasn't in such close proximity to Anthony. But overall a good story, with the usual finely-drawn characters we've come to expect from an Ohio story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Only 2 stars - it would have beena great story if Marc had leftn his cheating whore of a wife. Thats right she is a cheap whore because she fucked a giuy on a bet for money or pussy. And, Sheryl really wanted to cheat on her husband and feel a new cock shooting sperm into her skanky cunt. Now - if Marc decided to take the slut back it should be on his terms. 1) she quit her job and becomes a stay at home mom. 2) she is never alowed to take to any man on the telephone and is never to be ion a room alone with another man ever 3) she would have to only have anal and oral sex with her husband from now on whenever and where ever he wanted it, and finally a one time thing only 4) Sheryl would have to watch as Marc made love to younger, more beautiful, sexier woman than she, and thensuck Marks sperm out of the other womna asshole and pussy, and then swuck the other womans shit and pussy fluids off of Marks cock. If she promised to do all of that she could come back home

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 13 years ago
Ohio is Back!

Great story! It was a very good exploration of how a couple can come back from infidelity. The plotting was fine, a few surprises, and great characters.

YOU'RE BACK!

Best regards

c

justplainjoejustplainjoealmost 13 years ago
Blew it with the psycho-babble bullshit

Story going great until the psycho-babble garbage entered in. Then, instead of cheating slut wife we have a cheated on husband who has to understand. NOT good..just another cheating wife let off the hook.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I would have been content for him to walk away from her and build a new life without her. The itch that needed to be scratched, notwithstanding the rigged bet, will return. Her choice can foretell how next she'll handle it. Otherwise, you consistent good writng is noted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

He should have at least made her quit the job. To have his wife seeing the guy she screwed on a daily basis is offensive.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 13 years ago
Glad you're back on line

You're one of the masters. Excellent character development. Flawlessly written. But the story line sucked. It did not pass the believability test. I can't imagine a wife throwing away her great marriage, first by making the stupid bet, then feeling she had to pay up at such a dreadful cost. If it were her flirting that pushed her over the edge, then she surely would do it again, under the right circumstances.

When I see your name, I'm always reminded of "The Letter A". POW!!! A blow to the gut on the first screenful. Powerful writing; powerful story line. This story here is not even in the same league, much less the same ball park.

BTW, the magnet in the ping pong ball doesn't fly. Try it yourself. If the magnet is glued in place, it will have erratic behavior due to the off-center center of balance. If it is loose inside the ball, the CG will be constantly changing and the action even more erratic. And the magnet wasn't strong enough to steer the ball to the can anyway.

Regardless, I'm glad you're back and look forward to your next story.

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 13 years ago
welcome back

O H I O ! Great story you are one of the masters....wife thinks 10 year younger is better? just a fuck? no job promotion? no long term relationship?....no three ways?.... husband should have pounded on that motel door and kicked her to the curb....LW stories always hard to rate because too many of us see our past in LW stories....some think revenge ....some think you can hold it together.....some think the children come first.....now into 70+ years old and looking back could have saved some of those marriages....but the trust will never be there and the guilt and the throwing it back in the cheating wives face always ends in a bad way....still a romantic...still wandering which wife I should have forgiven? But O H I O you have a fine story...m o r e

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Very Long, very boring and not the least bit erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Put together really well

Personally, I think you have a pretty good grasp of putting a story together and making it come alive. This story is a little bit windy and kind've redundant in certain area's, but I mean that in a good way, not maliciously. But...I bet you have some other stuff out there that is printed and people are paying good money to read...right? If not, you should.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
She lied to him...

She took Anthony in the missionary position, her on top and then doggy fashion. She "confesssed" to Marc that she did it twice. I'd worry about what else she lied about. Like Dr. Fisher said, she was looking for an excuse to fuck Anthony.

eoins1eoins1almost 13 years ago
Give it a grade?

Fucking A

Well done. Ignore the gimps. Very enjoyable and I love a story that does not go straight to the sex.

LakesLakesalmost 13 years ago
Outstanding!

Ohio is one of the few writers here who could keep me involve in a long story of reconciliation. Really, really done well. Realistic plot and characters. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I see that it is written by ohio..nuff said. he is a wimp

If Mark had stomped Anthony's ass then he would have felt better about it. First off Anthony knew she was married and he cheated to win the bet. He KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING but ohio never does a thing. I would fuck ohio's wife and daughters and he wouldn't do a thing. He's like that. Oh he goes to the man and tells him that he cheated. But he let's his wife off with only the silent treatment. He lets Anthony skate when he get the money. Boy o boy for ohio. That's why I said that I could fuck his wife, daughters, mothers and others and ohio would'nt do a thing. He has no balls, He's a wimp and possibly a cocksucker.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
The new, improved HiV? To like or not to like?

Actually I like the new Harry (HiV). His comments have always been emotionally provocative. Now he can be thought provoking IMO. ;-) In the past it has been almost impossible for me to see his points because I haven't been able to get past his nasty way of being. It was a pleasant surprise to read his critique without the BS.

IrfonIrfonalmost 13 years ago
What about this ??

Ohio wrote:-

Okay, Sheryl," he said quietly. "You made this bet; and then when you lost you felt you had to follow through on it. But that leaves us with a couple of questions, doesn't it? Why you allowed yourself to be drawn into sucOkay, Sheryl," he said quietly. "You made this bet; and then when you lost you felt you had to follow through on it. But that leaves us with a couple of questions, doesn't it? Why you allowed yourself to be drawn into such a bet--and why you felt that keeping the promise you'd made to Anthony outweighed keeping the vows you made to Marc when you married him."

...and the part,from the above, which REALLY got to me was :-

''and why you felt that keeping the promise you'd made to Anthony

outweighed keeping the vows you made to Marc when you married him."

There's nothing more to say - is there ?

KirkelKirkelalmost 13 years ago
I'll always read Ohio

Pretty good story. It's got to be hard to find a new subject, path and ending to a this thread.

Though there were a number of unresolved issues I think in the end, wimp or not, he obviously didn't feel like he could live without her. Time will tell whether she's trustworthy or not as she was initially feeling pretty good about the experience; what was that about if she's not going to cheat again in the future.

In all, faithful or not, everybody will have some temptation come along that can ruin a marriage. The question is, might it come at a time in life where they go forward, not thinking straight or hormones or depression or...whatever. The thing is, never say never. Those that do are probably in for a rude awakening sometime in the future. The point is to never allow yourself to put into that possible situation.

Good job Ohio. Love to read your stories and hope your muse has returned.

Rob

kelsaffirmkelsaffirmalmost 13 years ago
ouch...sob...

i appreciate the opportunity to be involved with what i read - that as the main characters are sobbing - I sobbed (loudly enough to disturb my household). thank you...

cpetecpetealmost 13 years ago
welcome back

Tough story to get them back together. When Ohio has the wife get paid $1000-she is now a official whore paid for "services rendered". If Wife quits her job then the couple loses 1/2 their income (with kids getting to college age) and the ping pong ball roller suffers no loss. Have wife file sexual harrassment?-she went willing, so no luck there. Sure the bet happened in the office-but the activity was between two consulting adults off work grounds.

Ohio had the wife finally confess (sort of) she wanted to F around. The bet was just an excuse, a device to give her a free pass. Ohio did a nice job of showing She had a choice as to honor a promise of a bet to a Ping Pong guy or the marriage promise to her husband. Hubby came in 2nd.

Most posters want to see hubby get something for his pain (Weekend in Vegas?) Or some payback or karma justice on the Ping Pong ball guy-but IRL there is not a lot of justice in or out of court.

Nice tale Ohio thanks for writing.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
The story seemed very real to me

With her being in a marriage of almost 20 years, I think she would begin to doubt her ability to attract younger men.

It wasn't just the bet that she made, she wanted assurances that she was sexy enough to still seduce a younger good looking man.

I feel like she would think, after having sex with the younger man, that the sex wasn't any better than the sex she had with with her husband, except for the thrill of cheating on the man she loves, and not getting caught, and having a young hot lover fuck her in a motel room...She definitely wasn't thinking of the consequences of her actions.

A very good story that made me feel the pain that the husband was feeling.

It seemed real to me that he didn't scorch the earth with her, and realized that even though she cheated, he still loved her and wanted her to be punished for her lack of good judgment. The scenario of him having sex with a much younger and sexier woman than his wife, and for her to see the sexy little nymph after he fucked her, in my opinion, would be the best punishment for his wife.

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Liked it

As usual I really liked your well written story. If I wanted to be really picky, Cheryl made "... his very favorite dinner". It is either his favorite dinner or it is not. The word "very" is redundant.

palfreynet2palfreynet2almost 13 years ago
A pleasing twist on the wife caught cheating story line

A pleasing twist on the wife caught cheating story line. You are in my favourites and this story didn't disappoint me. Ignore the detractors, especially if they don't have the balls to comment as a public Literotica member. My only request - MORE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
all smoke, no fire

For starters, the daughter would surly mention the car dying and dad coming to the rescue that night at the dinner table

Beyond that, about half or three quarters of the story was no story! Nothing happened. Passive aggressive husband does his childish silence bit. His son had his number, didn't he? I am tired of shaggy dog stories that go on and on, and have nothing to say, no action, no real emotion.

As to the loaded ping pong ball, it had to weigh quite a bit and would obviously roll different, plus getting the center of mass in the center of the ball, not so easy. And even so was not very likely to go in either. Really, you might just as well let it be a blindingly good shot.

Consider the initial premise: The rare time the kids were stranded, was also the one time in 20 years that wife cheated, both events were in essentially the same place, and her car was parked in front. I'd say an untampered ping pong ball was better odds.

So at least when he got over his tantrum, they settled down and resumed their life.

That said, I didn't vote, so your score is unaffected by me.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 13 years ago
Good read

I enjoyed the story and the dynamics between husband and wife were great. I have a problem with long drawn out silent treatments. I don't think they work very well. I understand time out to catch your breath but after a week or so there needs to be some communication, even if it is to say "I am so fucking mad at you I want to push your head into the toilet and hold it there until you are dead. When I stop feeling so angry I will try to talk with you." So I struggle to accept this aspect of this story. <br><br>

I liked the counselor. He recognized Marc's anger and his legitimate right to it. He didn't try to bullshit justify Sheryl's actions as an older woman with out of control hormones. Sheryl behaved badly, end of story. The counselor pushed to make contact and then just let Marc work it out. He stabilized Sheryl helping her wait for a resolution. Marc told him he needed some kind of atonement but Marc is the one who had to finally figure what it would be. The counselor didn't have all the clever answers. Most counseling is more like this, talking it out until the answers become noticeable. <br><br>

I also liked the spanking as an atonement. Sheryl acted like a selfish spoiled brat by screwing around. She got punished like a child. I think I would have made it clear she had used up all her second chances as well but this was a solid punishment. <br><br>

WTF??? Anthony cheats to fuck a married coworker and all he does is pay $1000. That's a cheap piece of ass. He deserved far worse. <br><br>

She had to fuck Anthony because she made a bet? How stupid is Sheryl? How stupid does she think everyone that she tells this to is? She gets into it a bit with the counselor coming to the conclusion that she did it because she wanted to. That's probably true. Most people do bad things because, in the end, they want to. But it just gets left there. How about the next time she just decides to do something bad? This is at the heart of "once a cheater, always a cheater". If you have the weakness of character to cheat what will be different the next time? You're still the same person with all the same flaws. She recognized the problem but didn't really come up with an answer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
very long and boreing

Not a good story,too long and not sexy at all.

Just_Simply_MeJust_Simply_Mealmost 13 years ago
A Very Well Crafted Piece in Many Dimensions, Ohio!

However, I have issues with the $1000 paid by Anthony to Marc and Sheryl, because he deceived Marc's wife with the bet, had his way with her, caused Marc and Sheryl a tremendous amount of grief in their marriage for which he had no real understanding or appreciation, and yet he will still continue to work with her and her colleagues even after Marc and his wife settle their issues with one another and seemingly be free and clear to continue to do as he pleases. Marc and Sheryl's anger should be paramount and he should suffer equally for he has no doubt pulled this same bet with others within the office who have also been deceived and paid some price to him. Marc and Sheryl should have received $50000, should receive his written resignation at that place of employment, he should be forced him to relocate at least 1000 miles away, and he would be made him realize first that his deceit would be disclosed to everyone he worked with in the office and he hasn't really changed his ways of coming on to women and second his deceit caused a great deal of grief in their marriage for which he has no concept of understanding and which could have lead to a divorce where he would be named in a legal suit for alienation of affection as well as the company who he and Sheryl both worked and that they would both likely lose their jobs, all staff would become aware of the issues and his deceit, and his chances of finding employment within the sate with a favorable recommendation would be next to nil. Paying them $50000 is the likely the equivalent of the costs for defending himself in the legal suit, his loss of employment, and for the pain and suffering he caused and brought to bear on Marc and Sheryl. Though Anthony may have balked at their request for $50000 he would quickly become aware that what they stated was true and his Corvette may become a thing of the past and it may also cause him to realize he would need to change as his philandering ways.

This may seem over the top but it puts the problem back where it started, with Anthony for he needs to feel the pain that he caused and it seems the only real way this to be possible is to hit him financially. He also needs to be aware that coming on to women may lead to complications in their lives which leads them to great pain and suffering while he is scott free but he will eventually need to atone for this because he has a share in the problem and he must bear this guilt for his involvement which lead to this whether he likes it or not. Basically Anthony needs to grow up and mature but that's another issue not worth discussing!

I also found the spanking a bit over the top as others have also.

Other than the issues above I thoroughly enjoyed this piece of writing. Thanks for taking the time and effort to create it and then share it with us here. It is very much appreciated.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
great work!

I liked the story. Arguably, a bit weird toward the end, but an excellent tale about the devestation which can be caused by cheating, and an unusual manner of resolving the situation.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 13 years ago

Gave it a five. As for the plausibility issue raised in another comment, that just shows an ignorance of statistics. It is improbable to happen to a given person. I mean if you picked someone at random, the chance of this happening or having happened to them is very low. But the probability that it happened to at least one person out of 300,000,000 is quite good. This story is about them. Heck something unusual sits at the heart of any good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Exploration of Responsibility

A nice exploration of responsibility. I am sympathetic with both main characters, but him more than her-because her actions were planned and deliberate. I am drawn in by her relentless determination to get her marriage back on track, and by the difficulty Mark has in finding the power to forgive. I join the others in saying that his "revenge" doesn't feel right. Its your story and you can make it end as you wish. Somehow I think you don't like the nature of his revenge much better than we do. Maybe he doesn't need revenge. Better yet, maybe he learns the spanking doesn't work for him. Maybe he found peace in another way after looking in the wrong place. I do want them to find a way.

Nice job Ohio.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 13 years ago
Long and thoughtful.

I am still not sure about the trick ping pong ball. I would almost say that the payoff for the bet was $1000 -and- all the payments for the visits to the counselor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Grrrreat

Really enjoyed your story and how you wrote it. Glad how it ended and could see how the husband was stuck in neutral and just didn't know what to do so did the silent treatment. Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I would have rather she left the passive aggressive SOB after the first month of silence.

striker1017striker1017almost 13 years ago
only after being caught

laughing to herself about giving her husband sloppy seconds(before realizing her husband knew), just doesn't fit this lady's (?) character for the rest of this story. She never would have confessed if she didn't know she was caught. There was never any regret for doing it, only for being caught. She and Anthony paid 1000 dollars (? wtf), and He spends a lifetime wondering if and when she'll do it again??? Anybody reading this would have to be a moron not to know that game was fixed the second they read how the bet all came about. At least let me see this guy come out even somehow. The only one who lost in this whole story, was the guy who didn't do anything to deserve it. That said, you are still one of my favorite authors, and I always look forward to your stories. This ending just didn't sit well with me, and I only ended up feeling sorry for the guy.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 13 years ago
Another one is back!

What can I say. One day Slirpuff posts after awhile and the next there is a new story by Ohio. Now, if only there was a new HDK tomorrow, I'd say we had a real Trifecta going. To my mind, this is one of if not the best of your 'new' stories.

There are some holes and I also found the spanking end not terribly convincing, but it's conceivable. Husband wants to keep his wife and this gives him a way to justify that in his own mind.

I also agree that there is a big, gaping wound that never gets addressed; the fact that the wife really admits and knows in her own mind that she wanted to fuck the younger guy. And basically, when you strip away the magnetic golf ball and the other sleight of hand a good author uses, that's what we're left with. She cheated because she wanted to cheat.

If her husband hadn't spotted her that day, would she have stopped? Granted she felt bad going home, but there are a hell of a lot of things you have second thoughts about, but when the same temptation occurrs, can you force yourself to stop. After all, if he hadn't seen it the first time he woulnd't have known about it and there would have been no unpleasantness to make her realize the impact of what she had done. I could see her telling herself, "It didn't hurt anyone the last time and it was a lot of fun." It's how affairs get started.

The husband isn't painted as a stupid man, so I'm pretty sure he also realized the truth of the situation. But he loved his wife and had 20 years invested in her. So he lived with a painful situation. A lot of people - husbands and wives both - do it every day.

It's no "House of Cards" but it's pretty damned good.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 13 years ago
Another keeper.

Since I started reading Lit in 2005, I have bookmarked several authors. You were among the first, for good reason.

I try to save stories that I really like to reread later. Suffice it to say, this one has been saved. Great read. "Nuff said. Paul

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I think it was a realistic portrayal of a man who was hurt but still loved his wife. Yes he was passive aggressive but she was the one who screwed up and he was angry. And he was completely entitled to that anger.

Even Sheryl was realistic. Many affairs begin simply because of the thrill of being desired by someone else. And it wasn't an hour later that Sherly was regretting her mistake and wishing she wouldn't have given in. No she wouldn't have told Marc, she was hoping to put it behind her and forget her stupidity.

Only problem I had was that she was going to break the news to him in a letter. After 19 years of marriage she owed it to him to tell him herself. But that was just a minor factor and overall I thought it was a great story.

Orionman17Orionman17almost 13 years ago
My gut feel is that Sheryl did not . . .

. . . suffer enough. The pain of betrayal can be so devastating and complete. I'm not sure what it is that would make up for it, but I didn't read anything that told me Sheryl had done enough contrition to be forgiven. I liked the story because I liked the ending. It's a complex story, which probably should have been longer so that nmore explanation may possibly have made my gut feel better. Sheryl got off easy.

And to Anonymous who said Sheryl should have left the passive-aggressive SOB . . . well to each their own as I'm sure there are many Sheryls out there who would do that. Anonymous probably has never felt Marc's level of pain. I have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Ass hole at work gets off basically free, sexual harassment?

Wife basically to do what she wanted, fuck a younger guy, and got her marriage back. No mention of medical testing and waiting on time before sex with additional testing. And the fear of him having to get an apartment and not having custody when he has a written confession is just stupid. And his reason for the silence, waiting on her to correct the problem, actually was never met. All told not very realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
crap is crap

Can put a bow on it and sprinkle it with chocolate buttons but it still is crap. Author is technically proficient but lacks understanding of own characters. This might have worked if Anthony came over to the house fucked the hubby up the ass; otherwise it falls into the halfway zone where hubby is a cuck and wife is a whore but seem oblivious to that fact.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Super shitty, sadistic, unfufilling, incomplete sucky ending; minus many stars if I could

"Anthony, that was a really shitty thing to do." The guy writes them a check, she says that, and that's it? You really suck wimpy big time on this one, author. The wife falls for a rigged ping pong ball, she admits in the reconciliation she was hot for the guy, the guy played the wife like a whore violin, and your ballless hubbie never once loses his cool. 99% of the male readers here would have this Bozo's balls in bucket number 10 after this, and then the wife's head up the Bozo Tony guy's ass. That $1000 doesn't even begin to pay for the therapy, much less begin to compensate hubbie for what he went through, and what he and his family are going to go through, including living with making his wife a whore. Author, you must be going through some midlife crisis cause your stories keep getting wimper on each submission. You wind up having the guy whore his wife out for less than the going rate for an escort, she tells him she got turned on, HOT, but it'll never happen again, he obviously goes through hell for weeks and then he takes her back. WTF! IDIOT, THE CHEATING ALREADY HAPPENED; HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO HAPPEN BEFORE THE HUSBANDS IN THESE STORIES GET IT?? 20 YEARS OF MARRIAGE OR NOT, THE WIFE IS THE ONE THAT FLUSHED THE MARRIAGE DOWN THE CRAPPER WHEN SHE CHEATED EVEN THAT 1 TIME. SHE CHEATED, GET IT, ITS A DEAL BREAKER. LATELY CRITICS AND STORY CHARACTERS ALL SEEM TO BE SAYING THAT A HUBBIE CAN'T JUST THROW 20 YEARS OF MARRIAGE AWAY IF HE'S CHEATED ON. I've been married 35 years and if my wife came home with this shit, guess what lady, YOU JUST THREW THE MARRIAGE AWAY. YOU WANNA BET THAT PUSSY I'VE BEEN PAYING FOR ON SOME BARROOM BET AND THEN GIVE IT AWAY AND THEN TELL ME HOW HOT IT WAS, YOU GO LIVE WITH ASSHOLE THAT YOU'RE MAKING BETS WITH THAT YOUR MARRIED PUSSY AIN'T ABLE TO PAY FOR AND LET HIM PAY FOR YOUR SHIT FOR THE NEXT 20. The wife can apologize and go to therapy for 20 more years and it still won't change the fact that SHE CHEATED, BROKE THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT, ITS OVER, DEAL'S BROKEN, and ONLY if the husband feels like it, need he take her back. But this story is in a class by itself now cause when this hubbie just took the check for PAYMENT IN FULL, OH SO GENTLEMANLY, all he did was whore his wife out for pennies on the dollar for what it will actually cost his marriage in the long run. And can anybody here (who isn't gay) imagine reconciling after cheating, and taking their wife back, right after she tells you how much she liked getting boned by young, HOT, Tony with the Vet? Can't you just imagine the stupid, grinning Bitch standing there saying that as you gab her and toss her ignorant ass out through the new door her head just made in the wall. YOU COMPLETELY GAGGED ME ON THAT ONE. One of my turds has more class and male pride than this hubbie's whole body. And then he beats her ass red cause she's dumb as a rock and Tony got her hot enough to spread. OMG, the only thing you left out is wife at the end asking hubbie if he'd really mind if she had lunch with Tony every so often cause, you know, they work together and its just business; and him getting mad but saying OK. YOU REALLY SHOULD CONSIDER POSTING IN GAY MALE OR SADISM IF YOU KEEP ON WRITING IN THIS VEIN. You don't have to be Shakespeare to know what's crap and this ending really smelled. And that's it, all of it, "Anthony, that was a really shitty thing to do." (Its like she says, "Tony, you got me hot and your so naughty", and that's it). Why even write this? Why not just write a few sentences like she got tricked into cheating, he found out and after therapy he spanked her. My BM's have more fufilling endings than this. OMG, the more I think about it, does this ever suck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
WTF?

Geez dude, some broad must have really done a number on you. You should go clubbing, screw some recently divorced chicks, and get your head straight! You're an awesome writer but your wasting your and our time writing about crap like this. Do what I said and then write about stuff that people will enjoy reading.

GaryAPBGaryAPBalmost 13 years ago
Welcome back

I thought you caught the husband's feelings of anger and despair and frustration very very well.

Yes, there are weaknesses in the plot (the too big a coincidence of finding out, the mechanics of the bet etc). But this is a short story where there isn't time to engineer better.

I can understand the husband's need for an act of closure, and I can go along with the spanking for that. But I did think the lover was let off too lightly, and I would have insisted that she changes her job, the lover must be out of their lives totally and completely.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 13 years ago
Still Suckered

He should have paid $2000 because assuming the fuck was worth a thousand dollar, he is now even. He should have lost $1000.

Not your best anyway, but thanks.

rooster1rooster1almost 13 years ago
Smiling

When she left the motel room she was smiling & looking back at Anthony which tells me that she was happy with what she had done not feeling guilty nor that she was remorseful. Than one thing added to the cheating would be the deal breaker.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzalmost 13 years ago
Roooster...

It is what is called buyers remorse. Yuo are happy when you bought it but afterward you begin to regret.....

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 13 years ago
Wow, 90 plus comments in less than 24 hours . . .

This story was pretty well-written and very readable. And Ohio is one of my (and many readers') favorite authors. That said, it is also clear that the majority of fans did not like the following (and I'm in agreement with those feelings as well):

1) Sheryl continues working at the same job as Anthony. Surely a condition for reconciliation should have included Sheryl's changing jobs.

2) Anthony gets off with no real punishment for his part in messing up a marriage.

3) Marc's spanking of Sheryl does not compute. It's not a real punishment, and it does not fit his character. What's the satisfaction or resolution?

4) Falling for the bet was stupid on multiple levels. Sheryl wanted to cheat. She joked and flirted for months with Anthony, rationalizing it was all in fun, but secretly enjoying the attention of a younger, good-looking guy. So who's to say she won't cheat again, having gotten away with it this time?

5) She really only showed contrition after getting caught. Otherwise, despite some after-sex guilt, I believe she would have met Anthony again for more hot, illicit, and naughty sex. What's wrong with spicing up the marriage with toys, role-play, or some other method that does not harm their relationship? If she was feeling older and less attractive, cosmetic surgery can help (and many women partake of this).

My feeling on this is there will always be trust issues. The resumption of sex (with Marc playing the wounded, selfish, prideful cuckold demanding oral homage while ignoring his wife's needs) seemed artificial. The ambush in Marc's office was deceitful -- if I were still sulking and unsure what to do, I'd have thrown Sheryl and the counselor out of the office, their offer of money with them. Marc's secretary surely knew his wife; she should have alerted him. Unfortunately, the only real way to be equal in this marriage is for Marc to have a get-out-of-jail-free card. It's his decision to use it or not. Thanks for writing.

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
Great story & great read

Who suffered more? Fantastic theme. Only weakness, Anthony needed to suffer. The author showed his arrogance in this one aspect...otherwise, a terrific short story. Thank you Ohio.

katibkatibalmost 13 years ago
Not Quite

You are one of the very best authors on this site; this story is not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wow, so no comeuppance for any of the guilty parties.

You are a bad writer Ohio. Don't write anymore.

jiminabjiminabalmost 13 years ago
What arrogance

I cant believe the previous annon called you a bad writer and "told" you to stop writing. Unbelievable arrogance. It would be better if annon stoped commenting. This wasn't an enjoyable story for me but still a good write. So don't stop writing just piss on all the annons and thier cowardly remarks. Thanks. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
"bad writer?"

That anon is an idiot: this story has very good writing even though I thought the outcome was implausible if not outright contrived. However, the circumstances in the plot are fairly outrageous so the outcome is more believable given the surrounding parts of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
As Always

Great story from a great writer, thanks.

chootkabhootchootkabhootalmost 13 years ago
sweet

money and spanking for fucking strange cock!! I just love the sweet hubby

tarlingtontarlingtonalmost 13 years ago
great begining but lousy ending

You are one the best writers on Lit and I do wish you would write more, but this story where the wife showed her loyalty was worth a thousand dollars, and the guy giving her the thousand, it would have saved alot of writing if she just picked up the check to start with and met him at the hotel. He would have thought it was worth it, neither paid in any way. She didnt think her husband was worth leaving a job, but better to rub his face in it every day and like I said that guy would have paid her a thousand anyway. A spanking, a spanking after all that, wow he showed her, he was right he was a cuckhold and she can play high card for the next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
great story

I'm new to your stories and I can't wait to read more.

excellent work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous