Silver Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How are you both doing?"

"Tristam is frustrated," Rayner said. "But he did manage to wriggle his fingers briefly," he added, his eyes glowing with pride for his husband. "I'm a little tired, but Theophilus has been such a tower of strength and his mental touches have meant so much to Tristam. He's just sorry they create the headaches."

"Do you think you could spare him for a couple of hours? Although Darius is spearheading the search for Uist and Sholto, Theophilus wants to help."

"I'm fine, Papa," Rayner said steadfastly. "It would mean a lot to both of us to know Theophilus is helping to find our brothers. But you need to keep a watch over him; he's only slept a couple of hours. His body will take its own action if he doesn't rest enough."

"Now I only have to convince a naturally over-protective Phixian," Jameson said. "Take care of all three of you," he added, giving another kiss to the smiling brunette.

Xavier could feel weariness in every cell of his body. He was working to his fullest capacity and had taken just the shortest of naps necessary since the nightmare had begun. He prayed fervently that he had finally cracked the artificial virus' code and that his latest antivirus would work. Soon he would need to sleep properly, but wanted Tristam recovering before he gave into this own needs. He looked up from his work station as Jameson came in.

"You look as tired as I feel," Jameson said sympathetically as he came to the reptilian. He smiled as Xavier rubbed his snout over his cheeks.

"I am close to defeating this virus, defeating our adversary," he added, his normally gentle voice dropping to just above a feral growl. "How is Theophilus? "

"He fell asleep in a chair, but I carried him to your nest. He was restless until I found one of your coats, ready for laundry, to hold on to. He feels Uist and Sholto's absence keenly and wants to do something to help find them. Would you be agreeable to his accompanying me to Elite HQ to review all the information we have so far? He might see something so small, others have missed it."

"I would prefer to keep him at my side," Xavier sighed. "However, he can do nothing to help me with the virus and I know how much he needs to feel he is actively contributing. Even though he does so much here, I entrust him to you to help with our brothers' disappearance. If he finds just one thing others have overlooked, it will mean so much to him."

"I have security patrolling HQ," Jameson nodded. "The same as I do here. I'm taking no chances, Xavier."

****

Theophilus was in Jameson's private office, poring over a small mountain of various data with a dedicated intensity that had the human worrying that the blond was overdoing things. However, the look of single-minded concentration and the clarity in the golden eyes when they briefly glanced in his direction told Jameson it was the right thing to have done. Jameson made a disgruntled sound as he was requested to attend a summit meeting in another office.

"Theophilus, I have to go for a short while," he said apologetically. 'Make sure you stay here until I get back."

"Yes, Papa," the blond said, almost absently, but raised his head with a smile to kiss the mature human. As soon as Jameson had moved away, he returned to what had captured his attention. Uist and Sholto, as well as the others, were fitted with tiny crystal implants which acted as a distress call and homing beacon. Even if they had been unable to activate their normal communications, these should have activated automatically. No record of any communication or signal had been made, but Theophilus had found an anomaly. Not content with looking for record of any transmission, the blond had opted to review radio waves received at the HQ. He had found a wave, around the time of his brothers' disappearance that had nothing to explain its origin or nature. He checked it again before copying it to Jameson and Darius.

He sat back, stretching. A twinge made him realise how long he had been sitting and he opened the office door.

"Is everything alright, Theophilus?" A burly security guard asked as the blond stepped into the corridor.

"I am quite well, thank you," Theophilus smiled. "I just need the bathroom."

Having taken care of his twinge, Theophilus now splashed water over his face to refresh himself. He intended to try and follow up the radio wave and track it to a message, certain it was from Uist or Sholto. As he turned to leave, another Elite officer came rushing in. Theophilus instantly recognised him as the newest member of Darius' team who was replacing an established member injured in a recent accident. Darius had told Theophilus the brunette was very good but overly ambitious, already planning his next move up to Captain in the Elite.

"I have some great news," he grinned at Theophilus. "We've located Uist and Sholto and our ship is one of the rescue fleet. If you come now, you can join us."

"I need to let Jameson know where I am," Theophilus said, subconsciously letting the other man's apparent excitement infect him and be guided away from Jameson's office.

"I'll call Darius," the brunette said as they hurried down the corridor. "He can call him from the ship as we're on our way. We need to move quickly."

Theophilus nodded. He would be safe with Darius and he did not have to be part of any actual fighting. He was looking forward to being at his brothers' rescue.

****

Uist ignored his stomach's protest of lack of food. He was freed twice a day to exercise and take care of personal hygiene. Only on one of those times was he fed. He could understand the rationale. Of the two, he was the Warrior and most likely to cause his kidnappers problems. By keeping him barely fed, he was being weakened. As a PrideHomer it would be a much slower process than if he were human, but slowly and insidiously his strength would fade. The position of his body, arms stretched up to their full capacity and legs spread wide also took its toll, leaving him stiff and slow in his movements when free.

Sholto was, in contrast, well taken care of. However, without Xavier's anti-emetic and under the stress of their imprisonment, he was barely able to eat what he was given. Uist's heart ached with each time he heard Sholto fail to keep food or drink down. His mate was being given preparations to counteract the sickness, but none had succeeded. His beloved, young mate looked pale and wan and Uist wanted nothing more than to rip their kidnapper into bloody shreds.

"I have a surprise for you both," the detested voice assailed Uist's ears and he looked towards the door that slid silently open. This time he was unable to stop his yowl of pain and anger and it rang in pained harmony with Sholto's cry of denial.

Theophilus staggered a couple of steps inside the room, before being shoved so hard by his guard that he stumbled to the floor on his hands and knees.

"Enough!" The disembodied voice bellowed. "You will report to your commander for immediate punishment, Guard Five. You were warned the Dregan was not to be harmed or touched. Beast, report to cell three."

Theophilus did truly feel awful, his stomach and his child both protesting the effects of the drugged drink he had innocently drunk, but he was not as helpless as he let his captors believe. He looked from behind the waterfall of blond hair to note the camera that spied on his family and Uist struggling vainly against strong restraints. Fearful the cat-man would be hurt, he took a deep breath to steady himself and then threw himself into his helpless act once more. He rose to his feet and, looking as though he had only just seen and recognised Uist, staggered forward to collapse gratefully against the strong chest.

"Uist, Uist," he murmured repeatedly. The feel of the PrideHomers face rubbing against his and the comforting scent of his musk seem to settle his protesting body and baby. He clung tightly to the bigger male. "It was one of the Elite. He said they had found you, and I so wanted to be a part of your rescue." He knew he was not saying anything their captors did not know.

"Hush, hush, Beautiful," Uist crooned. He began a low rhythmic purr that always seemed to soothe the blond. It would also serve to cover the soft whisper. "We are monitored," was barely more than a puff of air into Theophilus' elegant pointed ear.

"Corner of the room to your left," Theophilus whispered back, equally quietly.

Uist hid his smile in Theophilus' neck. His scent was beginning to mask the smell of fear and others that tainted the blond's normal sweetness. Although still vibrating with barely-controlled fury, he was marginally appeased that the Dregan was not as weak as he was letting their captor believe. He gazed intently into Theophilus' face as the blond pulled back a little to look at him. He could see the tiny lines around anxious golden orbs that told of pain and exhaustion and dark smudges that spoke of lack of sleep.

"Sholto?" Theophilus asked, his voice worried.

"Behind you, Beautiful," Uist replied.

Theophilus gave a soft cry of anger and denial and moved quickly to hold tightly to his other beloved brother.

Although Uist would rather bite off one of his own limbs than see Theophilus imprisoned, too, he could see an almost immediate improvement in Sholto's demeanour. Some of his mate's innate feistiness was returning as he became instinctively protective of the blond.

"How can you treat him so?" Theophilus asked the camera angrily. "He is with child."

"You look even more beautiful when angry, pretty Dregan," the disembodied voice replied silkily.

Uist's growl was deep and feral. He could *hear* the lust. He glanced at Theophilus who seemed oblivious as he focused on Sholto and the meagre comforts the cell offered. He watched puzzled as Sholto was ushered behind the screen and there were sounds of tearing material. Uist's heart swelled with love and pride for the blond when the couple next appeared. Sholto now wore the flowing pants that Theophilus had discarded, torn off at the lower leg to account for the difference in their height. The blond now only wore a loose shift that skimmed mid-thigh. Uist did not miss the hitch in their jailor's breath at the sight of long, bare legs.

"The rules here are very simple, pretty Dregan. Disobey orders and your friends bear your punishment. Now let me introduce you to your personal jailor."

Theophilus looked with a mix of shock and pity at the creature that entered. He noted Sholto did not flinch away and knew enough not to simply judge by outward appearance.

Beast stared. He had thought the red one pretty, but this new creature was above any words he had for beauty. The golden one stood, not showing any revulsion, simply looking and waiting.

"This one is also pregnant, Beast. Scent him well."

Theophilus wanted to scuttle away, but felt the reassuring squeeze from Sholto. Instead, he tried to stand unflinching and whispered softly.

"Please do not hurt my child."

His anxious eyes met Beast's shuttered gaze and for a moment he saw the pain the creature kept hidden. He realised that the clawed hand had stopped millimetres from his swollen belly and that the creature was hiding from their captor that he was not actually touching the blond. Trusting his instincts, Theophilus carefully shifted to allow the gnarled appendage to come into contact with his stomach and covered it with his own.

"He is my first. Can you feel him?" Theophilus whispered.

Beast did indeed feel him, both as a movement under his hand as well as a strange flutter in his mind. The tiny one was distressed and unthinkingly he rubbed with a finger as though able to reassure he meant no harm.

"Beast is one of our successes, pretty Dregan. The ultimate foot soldier, bred to be obedient and fearful to behold. All he knows is how to obey, kill and survive. Imagine an army of such creatures."

"I have no such desire," Theophilus said angrily, his attention immediately focusing on the camera. "It is immoral to create such beings."

Beast could feel the beautiful one's anger and knew it was directed away from him. He surreptitiously glanced at the other prisoners; warrior and pretty red one. The three were so different and yet he could feel their affection for each other almost as a physical entity in the room. The beautiful one's hand still covered his, out of sight of the camera. Beast was only touched for examination or when fighting. This was the only gentle touch he had known and it caused a strange stirring in his chest. He withdrew the hand carefully and blinked, stunned, by the light of the smile bestowed upon him.

"You look so tired, my brother," Theophilus said, effectively dismissing the disembodied voice. He manoeuvred them into the cot, mindful of two swollen bellies and covered them as best he could. He smiled as Sholto burrowed his face into his neck and hair and breathed deeply, the auburn haired human asleep in seconds. He could feel sleep pulling insidiously at him, too. He was overdue his husband's potion and knew he would be tiring quickly from now on.

"They need rest. They are both exhausted," Uist growled.

"And they shall have all the rest they need. Beast, you are dismissed."

Uist watched the creature amble out and then his eyes returned to the two sleeping young males. Intellectually he knew that Theophilus was chronologically older, but to him, the blond would always be the baby of their group. He was both proud of, and grateful for, Theophilus putting Sholto's needs first, caring immediately for his beloved mate. He could tell Sholto was having his most restful sleep, wrapped in the Dregan's arms, since their imprisonment began. Silently he invoked Bloodfeud, for the mistreatment of his mate, of those under his Protection and of those he loved as brothers. He would not be content until he had eviscerated the still-living body of their nemesis.

****

Sholto awoke slowly. The familiar scent and caring arms making him temporarily forget where he was. He smiled at his brother and then reality crashed in. He was hugged tightly and Theophilus' voice was a caress of air in his ear.

"If we do not fight soon, we will be too weak to try. Your sickness is sapping your strength, tiredness will sap mine and I can hear how empty your husband's stomach is."

"We will be fed soon," Sholto whispered back. "Uist will be allowed to move and his stiffness will ease. If we fail, we will be punished. Especially Uist," he added, concern colouring his tone.

"If we do nothing our babies will be born in captivity and then escape will be impossible. I could not leave my child," Theophilus said.

"They can't possibly know how to care for a pregnant Dregan," Sholto said, suddenly anxious. "They'll think you have an artificial womb, too. You could die if they can't look after you as you need."

A half growl had both men stretching as unobtrusively as possible to look over at Uist. His face as averted as much as possible from the camera and he mouthed the words 'We fight.'

****

A couple of hours later, the three were making their mental preparations. Sholto feared for his husband, knowing their captor seemed fascinated by his and Theophilus' pregnancies. But, as his blond brother had observed, he would also be reluctant to punish Uist too severely as that could trigger an adverse reaction in Sholto. Neither of them believed the cat-man would be punished lightly, but held tight to the thought their adversary wanted all three alive.

Theophilus broke the one of the links holding Sholto's manacle to the rest of the chain. The blond then skirted along the wall as Uist theatrically attempted to stretch, hoping if anyone was watching they would focus on his obvious movements. With an athletic leap, the blond grabbed the camera and wrenched it from the wall as Uist made a preternatural effort and wrenched his arms free. He immediately attacked an ankle restraint as Theophilus helped with the other and then his claws and strength forced open the cell door.

Sholto and Uist followed Theophilus as the blond retraced his steps, hoping to lead his brothers to the shuttle hangar he had been brought from. A group of station security appeared before them and the trio instantly moved into fighting mode.

Sholto found himself lifted and moved so quickly that his head spun and his stomach protested. He looked up with a groan to find Beast crouched menacingly over him. His eyes instantly went wide with fear, but he realised that the creature seemed to be studying him, as though unsure of the action to take.

In his turn, Beast did not know what stayed his hand. A swift blow would render the pretty red-head unconscious with minimal harm the way he had been ordered. The command echoed in his head. 'Capture, subdue, secure.' He tilted his head: fear, nausea and pain radiated in waves from the man beneath him. His eyes travelled to the swollen belly.

"You will not hurt him," Theophilus' voice rang out.

Beast and blond tumbled together away from the still-stunned Sholto; however, the beast easily ensured he ended up stride the weaker form. Furious at the attack, he instinctively raised a clawed hand ready to rend fragile flesh. At the whimper of pain, his hand froze. He realised he was all but sitting on the blond's pregnant swell. Immediately he moved, staring mesmerised at the fluid seeping from golden orbs. His hand shook as he caught a single crystal drop.

"He was trying to protect me," Sholto's voice came from behind him and he turned to look at the red-head. "Please don't hurt him or his baby."

Beast moved away, staring at the beautiful golden one and pretty red-head.

"We cannot let our babies be born here," Theophilus husked, turning to regard the unmoving creature. "We must try and escape while we have strength. We cannot ask you to help us, but please understand we need try and get free."

Beast stood and watched as the two young men moved to join Uist, just as another group of station security arrived, these armed with metal batons. He watched the fight, wondering why he was not obeying his orders. It was apparent that pregnancy hampered the movements of the young men and Beast heard himself growl as the golden one shoved the red one to avoid a baton striking his head. Instead it connected with his shoulder and the arm dropped limply with a cry of pain. However, in protecting him, the golden one felt himself open to attack. Although able to pirouette away from the weapon, it still connected heavily with his lower back. A shout of denial coincided with the golden one crumbling to the floor, where two gathered ready to kick him.

Beast had always obeyed orders. It was what he had been trained to do, but here, now, he made a decision of his own; one that was borne of neither blind obedience nor fear. With an inhuman shriek that caused those that should have been his allies to freeze, he struck. Within seconds, none stood save himself and the other Warrior who regarded him warily. He ignored the look in favour of the pretty ones.

Sholto was trying to help Theophilus who keened softly in pain.

"Uist, his baby?" Sholto asked his mate, his voice trembling with fear.

The cat-man tenderly caressed over Theophilus' swell.

"Agitated, but otherwise he seems well," Uist replied.

"He...is strong. Like...his Papa," Theophilus panted.

"Like his Mater," Uist contradicted gently, smiling at the blond. "Theophilus, can you stand if we help you? We have to move from here."

"I...can stand," Theophilus asserted.

Uist then noticed his lover's injured arm and felt his heart sink. He had taken several hard baton blows himself, his speed and agility less than they would normally be. His body ached and he could feel blood tricking down his cheek from a blow to his head. If Sholto and Theophilus were unable to protect themselves, their escape attempt was doomed. He was torn between the two men in regards care; one was his beloved mate, the other his beloved chosen brother.