Silver Moon: A Change

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

During the following days, Dan had eaten whatever they had given him, but didn't have any awareness of what it was. However, it was helping him in his running, even if he couldn't out run what had happened. At the end of each day he was totally exhausted and could barely limp back to the house before being stuffed and tucked into bed. The next day he would end up running again. Dan knew that he needed to try and get a grip, but he simply couldn't handle it and the pack mostly understood.

There were one or two individuals who considered this a chance to advance in the pack, but they had to wait for the mourning period to be over before they could challenge those they didn't like, or even Dan himself since he wouldn't be at his best. All of that Dan didn't even think about; he didn't even consider that, with all the running, he was actually increasing his strength and endurance since he was being stuffed with food every time he even slowed down.

~Present~

The lack of skill in his movements due to Dan's mental state was shown a moment later when he had to twist very hard to miss hitting a tree head on and slammed his side into it. Dan felt the impact and a rib breaking, but the pain didn't register at all and he kept moving. If someone had a watch going, it would show he had been running for over twelve hours.

Dan had started out slightly after sunrise and now it was almost dinner time. He wasn't near slowing down, and it would be a while. To challenge himself, he headed for a very steep hill, and once at the top he howled and howled before turning and starting back down.

It would have been better for him to have chosen another way, but very little really mattered to him as he ran. On his way down he increased speed till he noticed a sort of road-in-hot-sun look ahead of him. Dan tried to avoid it without success and felt a burning sensation cover his body.

The sensation slowly consumed him, and it felt like his entire body was being pulled apart piece by piece and then incinerated. The last thing he remembered was he and his wolf howling at the pain that was almost worse than losing his mate.

***

Several lycan's were running through their territory and had to stop when they felt a surge of some kind of power. It wasn't something they had ever felt before, but they could sense where it was coming from so they altered their course in that direction and started really running.

When they finally arrived they had to pause since all they saw was a man, nude, with a silver colored bracelet on his wrist. *What is going on? Who is he and where did he come from?* One asked as they slowly moved forward.

Another who was slowly moving forward sniffed in the man's direction, and if he had been human, he would have frowned. The scent was definitely lycan yet odd. It wasn't a scent he had ever scented before and looked at the other two before they split up. *He is a lycan, but there is something else as well.*

They slowly approached him and finally realized he was totally unconscious. *What should we do?* the junior most wolf asked, and danced back when one of the others slashed at him with their teeth.

*We take him back to the Alpha and let him deal with him.* The senior wolf shifted to human and frowned. The unconscious man wasn't all that tall but he was obviously heavily muscled, which usually indicated someone who is more dominant. At the moment he had no idea how dominant, but he wouldn't be able to get out of the safe rooms unless released. *Change.*

Once they changed, they picked him up and actually grunted since he weighed more than they had expected, and started back to the den.

~~~

Please provide additional feedback and comments on this chapter if you are reading it a second or third time. I want to know if the suggestions Capt. Siren made helped. I think it is a far easier read now than the original.

12