Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The spell wasn't actually evil or tainted with the corrupted darkness so it would be much harder to detect. What it did was force the man to occasionally screw up the inventory and shipping of supplies. If he ordered too many victuals some of them would spoil and potentially damage other food items. If someone requested a case of one caliber of ammunition they would get a different caliber. He would immediately forget the changes made as well.

It was mostly a harassing tactic though it could cause local problems with morale. Right now he needed to keep his enemies off center since events had forced him to move faster than he planned. He needed the time to organize his troops and equip them. Since the winter season was coming on he was going to have to wait for the coming spring. The winter on the plains and mountains were fierce and as much as he hated waiting he wasn't going to move his troops. He could easily loose a third or more in the march alone.

Once he was sure the spell was working he took the bowl and dumped the water into his dinner. The demon venom would make it so much tastier. He also went out and gathered up a goodly pile of the birds and small animals that had died. For a regular person to eat the meat would kill them in a horrible way as the darkness ate its way out of their bodies. He rather liked the tang of corrupted death it added to his stews. The birds were tossed in the pot as he found them.

~~~

Kogane No Hahaoya, the sun Kitsune, appeared in the realm where Dan was and immediately went into the shielded area. The item that she had Pam pick up looked like a small vial of glowing sunlight. Inside was a black inky substance that appeared to be doing its best not to touch the light. She gave it a shake and grinned when it recoiled from the sides of the bottle. She set it in a receptacle that was ready for it and drained the darkness out and contained it in a separate vial in the specially damped collection from Dan. The trickle from him had slowed down to a steady drip that had been consistent for the last few days.

At the moment all seven female Kitsune spirits were residing at the healing center. Their technicians were running a massive number of tests. Unfortunately they could only do one or maybe two at a time. All the tests needed to be done in the confinement area or the ichors would start impacting on their realm. As each test was done the results were being collated to see what results were the same and which were different. They were starting to get some results but they had a fair ways to go before they could really do anything.

Amariah's mother was cuddling her in bed at the end of the current day. She really didn't like the idea of keeping her daughter around the black stuff at all. "Amariah I am going to send you back to Pam. I know you want to stay with Dan but till we find out what the ichors is I don't want you around it at all. That and I think it would help comfort you to be with your brother. That isn't even mentioning the pups you have grown so fond of. Amarish sent me a missive earlier telling me there are more pups now and he has a mousy platoon. I am sure he would like to introduce you to the new pups."

Amariah tucked her nose under her mother's since they were both in full form. She listened to her mother and sniffed some. *I want Danny better. I woves him almost as much as I woves you and pappa.* After sniffing a bit longer she stood and licked her mother's muzzle and got a return lick. Once she received a wave of comforting love from her mother she jumped into the air and vanished.

When she appeared she fell a few inches onto Pam's bed. Amarish and Kasai were already curled up together. She turned to her mid-form and crawled up behind her brother and wrapped her arms around him.

He woke and rolled over and changed as well. Amarish wrapped his arms around his sister and when she started crying he let her.

Kasai woke up as well and she moved over to them and wrapped her arms around Amariah as well. She gently pushed comfort on her friend and quietly cooed in her ear. Kasai had never met Dan but from what she had heard and how Amarish admired and looked up to him he must be really special.

Pam came in a few moments later and settled on the bed and gathered all three up and held them close to her. "Hello love and I am here for you. If you need to cry do and I will hold you while you cry and then when you are sleeping." She sat there with the three of them till Mari came in.

Mari walked over to the bed and after settling down gathered Amariah up. "Hello little one. Relax against me and relax. My power as a submissive wolf should help you relax. I will stay in here with you if you want. I do have a job during the night time if you would like to hear about it."

Amariah rubbed her face against Mari's shoulder and let her comfort her. When Mari said she had a job for her she had to wonder what it was. She took a deep breath. "I...I...I's would li..li..like to's know what j-j-job is."

Mari smiled at her. "Good job sweetie and keep practicing and in no time it will slowly get better. Well I am somewhat concerned about my pups. What I would like is if you would curl up with them. I know you will sense if anything might threaten them and let me know. I will feel more comfortable if I know you are sleeping with them and protecting them with your spirit."

Amariah sat up and looked up at Mari to see if she might be teasing but it didn't look like it. She had played with Mari a few times and she had never teased her about her stutter. They had even talked a few times and Mari was very patient with her as she struggled to speak. "Does y-y-you really mean t-t-that? I wasn't able to protect Danny since I am little Kitsune."

Mari gathered her close and gave her a good hug. "Of course I mean it silly. I don't randomly offer strangers the chance to watch my pups. I know you and trust you. You did help Dan long enough for the Spirits to come and get him. I don't expect you to fight anything larger than a rat off. I know that if you sense something you will contact me and my guard or Geoff if he is there. So will you do that for me? They sleep in the room with Gettie as well and I know you like her."

Amariah wiggled free and stood on Mari's lap and gave her a good nod. "I's watch for you at-t-t night while sleepy t-t-time."

Mari smiled at her. "In that case I will have a bed made that is large enough for the three of you. If Amarish and Kasai want to join you occasionally there will be room for them. Now I am tired and want to feed the little beasties before I go to sleep." She scooped the girl up and with a smile at the three still sitting on the bed left the room.

Once they left Amarish looked sad. "Auntie Pammy I am going to be with my sissy tonight. She's needs comfort." He stood up and wrapped his arms around her and gave her a good hug. He glanced at Kasai to see what she was going to do.

She was nibbling on a finger nail as she thought. "I's go sleepy with her also. I want's to be here with you as well. Amariah needs comfort." She gave Pam a good hug as well.

Pam glanced at both of them and had a pleased expression. "I am proud of both of you for deciding this. I will be fine and chances are good I will find a pup or two in my bed by the time I wake tomorrow. Go be with your sister and give her all the love and attention you can."

Amarish stared at his little sword and his face hardened. "Nobody hurts sissy but me. I deals with anyone who tries." When he said hurts he was talking while playing which was understood. If he did hurt her by nipping to hard he would stop much like she had at times and give her a good hug. He picked his sword up, sheathed it and after taking Kasai's hand left the room.

Pam had to smile at him and hoped that her pups would be somewhat like him. He was so cute and took his duties seriously. As they left an idea occurred to her and she snickered very quietly. She looked at the young woman who was sitting in the chair. "Can you get me the seamstress? I have something special I would like to do for Amarish."

The girl stood up and grinned. The little Kitsune had won the hearts of many of the wolves by his actions. That and he were totally darling and most of the girls loved petting his ears when he let them. "I will ma'am."

~~~

When Maric woke next he felt like crap. His head ached and throbbed, his stomach was a mass of agony, and the rest of his body felt the sting of the silver. It was going to take several days for him to recover due to his body having to excrete the silver. Once the silver was gone from his system his wolf healing would kick in and he would be fine shortly after. When he groaned he felt the bed move and Nara carefully sat up.

"How are you feeling Maric? I was so worried when they called me to our rooms and carried you in." She leaned forward and gave him a light kiss. "I know the pack would take care of me but I was so scared I was going to lose you." She settled down next to him and waited.

He groaned again. "Well if you can chase away the guy with the jack hammer in my brain that would be nice. Something to calm my stomach and insides would be nice as well. That isn't even mentioning something to get rid of what feels like silver in my body."

She smiled at him. "Well I have something for the first two but the third you are going to have to let time take its course." She stood up and walked around the bed to his side and checked the cup and it was cool enough for him to drink.

Maric watched her and as she was standing there she was in a thin shift due to the heat. Light from the moon shone through the window and showed her swelling stomach. Even though it hurt he reached over and lightly stroked her stomach and smiled. One day it would be his pups growing in there and the idea actually pleased him.

Nara lightly smacked his hand. "None of that mister, you are sick and need to heal." She did smile at him in amusement when he started pouting. "Is my poor widdle wolfie being picked on? I will comfort him later." She helped him sit up and then helped him with the first tea.

Maric wanted to growl at her but didn't feel up to it. "You had better be good woman or I will rise from my sick bed and put you in your place." He started sipping the tea and thankfully it was pretty good. After he finished it he relaxed against her and let the medicine work.

Eventually his stomach calmed down and stopped aching so he carefully drank down the other medicine. It wasn't nearly as tasty and he could taste the strong dose of willow bark in it. After finishing that he relaxed again and his head slowly felt better. "Thank you Nara that really helped." He let her settle him back in bed.

She was close enough for him to stroke her vanishing sides and belly. "One of these days it will be our pups growing inside you." He urged her onto his lap and started stroking her sides and back. Her hands were resting on his chest and he could see the contentment on her face. As he slid his hands up her back he kept going and stripped her shift off.

Nara was relaxing and enjoying the contact with her mate. She knew that he was still dealing with the loss of his prior mate. Nara didn't begrudge him the time he needed to come to terms with his wolf taking her as his. When he stripped her shift off she smiled but shook her head. "I was being serious Maric. I don't mind some stroking and such but no nooky for you till the silver is gone."

He gave her a very serious look. "I know babe. I don't want to chance anything happening to you or Dan's pups. I just need to touch you and feel somewhat alive right now." His hands slid around and were stroking her belly and thighs. He was enjoying looking at her as well. The native Indian showed in her features and skin. Her hair was long and straight and solid black. Her featured had the high cheekbones but in her they were finely chiseled and not harsh as with some.

Her body would be slender if she wasn't pregnant but her skin was warm and smooth. Her breasts were somewhat larger with nice large nipples which he preferred. All in all she was a very attractive woman and they enjoyed sleeping with each other. "I know that I am having issues talking to you about some things. I deeply appreciate your patients and the time you are giving me. You are a nice woman and very attractive as well." As he was talking his large hands were slowly stroking her breasts.

She enjoyed watching him looking at her. Nara knew that she was attractive but some of the northern European races were put off by the Indian features. When he thanked her for giving him time she was having trouble thinking since he was playing with her breasts. Before she could say anything she had to wait till he stopped which he finally did. "I understand what you are saying and why. I know you care for me even if you can't express it right now." She slid off his waist and settled down next to him. "Now go to sleep and I have more tea as needed."

~~~

The next morning when Mari woke up and checked on the babies she had to smile. Amarish was curled up around his sister and his sword was above his head on the floor so it was easy to get to. Kasai also had her hair pin handy as well and she was curled up on the other side of Amariah. One of the babies started fussing so she picked him up and settled down to nurse.

Amariah rolled over and stretched and sat up while yawning. She looked at Mari and gave her the best smile she could. "M-m-morning Lady Mari."

Amarish and Kasai woke up as well and did much the same. "We's gotta get back to Auntie Pammy's room. The pups will be expecting us there. Auntie Pammy gave me a really important job and after we eat we's has to get to work." He stood and stretched before pulling on his little shirt and slung his sword.

Kasai did much the same and checked her hair pin before tucking it through the Obi since she preferred the Kimono most of the time. "And find more mousy. Not have mousy where we live. They good to eat."

Mari laughed at Kasai. "Maybe for a little Kitsune but it would take quite a few mousy's to feed me. Now a couple of rabbits make a good snack and no that isn't a suggestion." The three of them scampered out of the room.

When they reached Pam's room she was already eating and her current assistant helped them into chairs. She took a moment to stroke Amariah's ears and hair. "So you are the sister that Amarish has been missing so much. You are a cutie and if you want I have some sewing to do and you can sit with me. Unless you want to hunt mices down and kill spiders."

Amariah was fine till she mentioned spiders and shuddered. "Not hunt spiders. N-n-not good. B-b-big teeth's." She had seen one of the tarantulas briefly and it had shocked the daylights out of her. As Dan would put it she almost had to change her loincloth. "I s-s-stay with you."

Right after they had finished eating and hopped down from the chairs the pups scooted into the room. Amariah had to stare since there were lots more pups than before. She hadn't known they had brought a pack in. The new pups stared at her as well till Gianni squealed and ran over to her and gave her a big hug.

"Amariah!! I's glad to see you. We's going hunting, you go with?" She gave her another good hug. *Thank you for trying to help Danny. We were so worried yous might strain yourself.*

Amariah leaned in to the hug and almost cried when Gianni thanked her. *I's stay here and help sew. Spiders here are icky and scary.* She shuddered again which got a giggle from Gianni. "Well we will keeps a few mousy's for you."

Pam smiled as she left them in the room. Amarish was marshalling his troops and discussing where they had been the day before. He was getting input on places the pups hadn't been comfortable in or something just looked wrong.

Since she was going to go and continue the talk with the seamstress about her surprise. She also wanted to get a general idea when it might be done so she could surprise Amarish with it. When she walked into the sewing room the old lady was adding a few more details to the rough drawing. The two of them had mostly finalized the design for the shoulder patch she was having made. It showed a dead mouse in the middle with a Katana through it. Around the edges of the round patch it had 'Imperial Mouse Assault Squad'. Once she had enough she would present them to him in the throne room and let him decide who got one.

~~~

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the story. Please vote and leave a comment since they are the life blood of any author.