Sin Whispered Love

Story Info
Adam has no memory, but that doesn't stop him from living.
3.1k words
3.73
7.9k
1

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/23/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

Red lights in the darkness.

A screeching shriek.

The angry growl of metal giving.

Glass shattering.

My sight blinded.

My heart racing.

My fear choking me.

No escape.

Pain.

This is all I knew in my final moments.

Just like that it was over...

Chapter One

3:14 am. The dream was the same every time. The same fear, the same agonizing scream of bending metal. The same shattering sound that gave him chills even hours after he had woken, terrified and shaking. He knew it was the only scrap of memory he had, and he wished as he had a thousand times that he remembered nothing at all. He unwrapped and threw off the sweat soaked sheet and sat on the edge of the bed with his face in his hands, trying to collect and calm his thoughts.

With a groan, Adam made his way, in the dim light coming through the open bedroom window, to the bathroom which connected to his room. He didn't bother turning on the light in here either, as the streetlight right outside his apartment kept the place illuminated at night. This did not bother him, as it had the last tenants. The white porcelain of the bathroom's every surface reflected the light well in here.

Adam stared at his ghostly image in the mirror, a silhouette against the sanitary background. His short spiky cut brown hair was slicked to his forehead and neck, and even in the poor lighting he knew his pupils were dilated, taking over the pale green that made his eyes the allure of every girl he had met since he woke up. Well, that and four days a week at the gym. Adam had no intention of becoming a bodybuilder, but he liked the idea of being able to handle himself in any situation. The doctors had only told him to take it easy and not over exert himself.

He couldn't see the scar that ran a striking white gash under his left eye and up towards his temple, but he knew it was there. After he washed his face he returned to the bed, where he lay awake for hours, unable to relax enough to let sleep's gentle touch lull him back into the darkness.

When dawn finally came he decided to get up. No point laying in bed once the sun was up if you're not sleeping. The shower would feel good and ease his mind, and after he turned on the spray he looked at his reflection once more. In the newborn light he didn't look as bad as he had after his nightmare, except maybe for the bloodshot eyes that made his eyelids feel like they were coated with sandpaper and the slightly tinted shadows under those tired eyes.

When he stepped under the steaming water he could practically feel the weight of his restless night melting from his tense muscles. He stood with a hand on the wall, his head hung as he let the water massage his neck and shoulders. Almost an hour later he felt refreshed and turned off the water. Standing there for a moment to let the worst of the water drops stay in the shower stall, he reached around the curtain and grabbed his towel off the rack, wrapping it around his waist before stepping out. It took him another hour to complete his morning routine. Brush teeth, shave, fix hair, up in a spikes of course, and dress.

He opted for a nice fitting pair of jeans that were nearly a foot wide at the bottom, black with red stitching. Buckles and zippers were scattered randomly across the denim and shiny chains draped from several of the short straps that had metal loops at their ends. He chose a red sleeveless shirt and a black button down with fire climbing up its sides. Top it off with the round, red lensed glasses and he was ready to go. He threw on his boots with their bright orange laces and fed his cat before making himself eggs and toast.

He took his time. His appointment wasn't until 11:00 so he turned on the TV and flipped to a random news channel as background noise while he ate.

At 10:46 Adam got off the bus a block from his therapist's office, pushing his glasses up his nose as he waited for traffic to slow enough to cross the street. The red light came and he shuffled across the street with a group of random people, not really paying attention to them.

The building was meant to look like a house, with its sky blue siding and white trim, as well as the shutters that flanked every window. At two stories, they even went so far as to add a porch, but the flat blocked roof seemed to contradict the illusion. The real homes on the neighborhood block were adorned with peaked and shingled roofs.

He arrived in the receptionists office and signed in with time to spare. He sat in the only chair, the only person in the waiting room. The decor was tasteless as were all doctors offices, PH.D. or otherwise. Couches and chairs that looked like they belonged under plastic in an elderly woman's house, the dark blue clashed horribly with the brown carpet, and the fake plants that sat in every corner needed dusting. He sifted through the old magazines on the fake wood coffee table but found nothing of interest. He spent his time looking at the oil paintings on the walls of landscapes and lakes that, upon approach, only looked like smears of random color.

"Alright Adam, you can come back now."

He turned to see his therapist, Dr. Nakato. The woman was barely older than him at 23 and was already set on a path for life. She was Asian, but he didn't know what her heritage specifically was, and thought it too rude to ask.

Today she was dressed in a blue sun dress with a yellow beaded necklace and sandals, using the simple clothes to hide her stunning figure, adding to this effect by having her waist length hair braided down her back. As they walked she smiled at him. "So how was your birthday last week?" She was very easy to talk to, and he had no problems speaking to her honestly.

"It sucked. Everyone wanted me to go out and hit the bars. I tried telling them I couldn't but they just didn't understand."

She opened the door while she listened to him and they took their usual seats. She at her desk and Adam in one of three chairs along the other wall. "They kept telling me 'one night won't kill you' and 'you have to get back on the horse' so eventually I just asked them to leave." She nodded as she pulled his file from one of the drawers and opened it. Grabbing a random pen from the collection in a cup on her desk, she began writing. The friends he spoke of were three guys he had met in physical therapy, and two of their friends.

"Well, that's not fun.. What did you do after that?" She looked up at him, shaped eyebrows raised expectantly.

"Nothing really. I just stayed home and watched a movie. Ordered pizza," he said, raising one shoulder in a half-hearted shrug.

She was nodding again her dark eyes on the paper as she scribbled in her sloppy handwriting. The half hour long appointment went as they always did. She asked him how he was adjusting since the accident that robbed him of his memories up until he was nineteen. He told her he was fine. His life was fine. Everything was fine. Except...

"Anymore dreams?" She met his eyes for this one and he couldn't manage to lie to her.

"Yea, last night. It was the same." It had been a few weeks since he'd had the dream, and he thought maybe he was finally getting over it. It was the only dream he ever had these days. She wrote that in his file.

"Well we said we would wait for it to happen again before trying the regression technique I told you about. So if you think you're ready we can schedule you to see the a specialist later this week unless you would rather wait?"

She left the option open to him, waiting for his answer without trying to push him in any direction. Another half shrug.

"Yea, I guess that's fine." He said. Dr. Nakato smiled as she finished writing and closed the file to look in her datebook.

"Ok, how does 5:30 on the 17th sound?" When Adam nodded she did as well. She was always nodding. Always smiling. She wrote the appointment on a small card and handed it to him. "When you get here I'll be able to explain what to expect, and then we will set you up at the hospital. Unless there's anything else you wanted to talk about I'll see you then."

It took him five minutes to get back out on the street, and he stopped to enjoy the fresh air. He always felt tense when dealing with doctors of any kind. They made him uncomfortable. He stared out across the road for a while, the few pedestrians he saw were strolling around a park that consisted of a paved path winding through the open grounds. Large oaks dotted the land and uncomfortable looking benches were set at regular intervals so the weary could rest, and absorb the tranquility.

He made his way across the street now and seated himself in the first of the wooden benches he came to, sighing as he pulled off his shades to rub his eyes. His fingers always found their way to his scar and absently he traced it with his fingertip. He didn't remember his entire life. He didn't remember the crash that took it from him a week or two after his eighteenth birthday, save for these maddening nightmares.

The first memory he had now was waking up in the hospital a year and a half after a cop, drunk and pissed off, slammed head first into his '86 camaro. The cop didnt survive to be punished. He knew this because when he came out of the coma, his doctors and various lawyers gave him details. His doctors informed him that he could recover physically, but he would most likely never remember anything. He had gone through the windshield and slammed into the cruiser his car was making out with. The doctors were surprised he had survived. Shocked when he woke up with mostly functioning motor and verbal skills.

He had lost a great deal of his vocabulary with the memories though and along with physical therapy had needed tutoring to recover the missing and jumbled words. He didn't need any of that anymore, and after returning to a somewhat normal life the only thing he had to do was see the shrink every month and once in a while a specialist to make sure his brain would continue to develop and function normally after the trauma. That was three years ago tomorrow. He didn't think he would be celebrating.

Adam sat there for some time, lost in that thought. He spent a lot of time these days trying to remember something, anything from his past. He never did. Not what songs his mother used to hum to get him to sleep, not the name of the neighbors dog, not what brand of cigarettes his father smoked. Not a scrap of memory ever came to him. Not that he knew any of these would-be memories were accurate. He didn't know if his dad smoked, or if the neighbor had a dog.

He assumed his mother would have sung to him as a child, but again he didn't know these details from the information he had collected from before his life was shattered. He couldn't ask because his parents hadn't survived the accident. His mother took her own life a year later and Adam's father had up and left, sure he would never recover. He drank himself into a burning darkness that he soon destroyed with a bullet through the temple. Seeing as how he didn't remember them at all, he couldn't manage to feel bad about losing both of them, the only feeling he could muster was a kind of faded empty want. If his father had held on just a little longer then Adam would've at least had him, but even that knowledge was faint in the emotions it caused.

Adam didn't know how long he sat there, elbows on his knees, eyes focused on the ground at his feet, seeing something farther away. So completely lost in his reverie that the gentleman who sat down beside him went unnoticed, which was a fairly difficult thing to do.

"It's going to rain soon."

It bothered Adam, how smooth that voice had been as it split through the images in his mind, like tracing a line across your reflection in the still surface of a pool. He turned pale green eyes towards the stranger who had managed to sneak up on him. He was tall, Adam could tell that just from sitting next to him. Adam was on the short side at only 5' 6 and this guy looked like he was six feet or more.

The stranger wasn't even looking at him, he was leaned back, his elbows on the back of the bench, staring up through eyes so blue they looked like they held the sky itself. If only you couldn't see the true, grey, sky reflecting in them. He wore black leather gloves with silver spikes going across the knuckles and the fingertips cut off. The man looked to be around Adam's age, with chin length black hair that looked silky despite the shaggy cut and held a vibrant blue at the tips. It was long enough in the front to cover his eyes, but now it had fallen victim to gravity and had revealed his face.

He wore the same style jeans, Tripps, that Adam wore, though his were white with purple stitching, and a different assortment of buckles and straps. His had no bondage straps Xing across the back, and he wore a tight fitting black shirt with some kind of Japanese looking rabbit on its front. No sleeves, to reveal well built arms and from the look of that shirt the rest of him was pretty as well.

Adam suddenly realized he was staring and snapped his eyes to the face of this good looking stranger. His profile was nice as well, clean skin, straight nose, and those eyes.. The blue orbs turned to him then, the guy's whole head tilted to the side as he pinned that gaze on Adam. "You should probably get inside. Wouldn't want you to get wet." Even through the veil of dark hair Adam could still see those eyes brightly, as though they were glowing, and the sound of his voice once more caused ripples through his mind. For a moment he could think of nothing to say. Lost in the eyes of this stranger. And then..

"Who are you?" Adam said, finding his voice, pleased when it was strong and revealed nothing of how off balance this guy made him. The stranger chuckled quietly, revealing straight white teeth and a sexy smile, even for a guy. Adam noticed then that this mans lips looked more suited for a girls face, and with that thought came the realization that those lips looked soft and utterly kissable. Just the right shade of pink.

"I am Zeke, and you are?" Adam blinked at him for a second before realizing that he was staring again.

"Adam... My name is Adam," He said quickly, still pleased with the strength of his voice, not at all sure why he was even reacting this way.

"Well Adam, you should find some form of shelter from the rain. I don't see an umbrella." Adam could feel Zeke's gaze as it slid down his form. No umbrella.

Adam could feel the heat rising in his cheeks, and turned to look down the street to hide the blush. Another soft laugh from Zeke caused him to return his gaze and Zeke once more pinned him with those perfectly blue eyes. "I mean, unless you're the type who likes to get wet?" Adam couldn't miss the double entendre anymore than he could miss the twitch of Zeke's lips as he fought a devilish smile, the twinkle in his eyes as he refused to release his gaze. Adam's face heated once more and he looked away before he revealed another blush to him, missing the amusement on Zeke's pleasant features.

"N..No.. I really should be.. Leaving," Adam said, standing up. He kept his attention on everything but Zeke, putting the red glasses back on his face and then fiddling with them once there. "It was nice meeting you..."

"Goodbye Adam." Zeke said as Adam turned to walk away. He remained sitting in the bench, watching as Adam strolled off down the street to catch a bus home. Adam could feel Zeke's eyes on his back even after he had turned the corner and was out of his site.

The entire bus ride home Adam thought about Zeke, unable to keep his thoughts on anything else. There was something about him, Adam didn't know what it was but he felt something stirring inside him. Almost like familiarity, but Adam had no idea if he actually knew him then or if he just wanted to know him now.

These thoughts continued as he arrived home and tossed his keys on the kitchen counter, dropping himself in a chair as his all white cat ran into the kitchen and trilled at him. "Hello Pi," he said. Pi jumped up into his lap, purring and he sat there petting her for a moment, always having enjoyed looking at the cats icy blue eyes. Blue eyes that made him think of Zeke. His eyes were captivating, like the door to his soul was ajar and if he looked hard enough he would be able to see right in. He sighed and set the cat back down on the floor, his attention wandering to the TV which he had left on for Pi and he stared uncaring at the news. Something about an earthquake on the other side of the world. Nothing that interested him beyond hoping people were ok, and even that wasn't enough to keep his attention from Zeke.

Adam went about the rest of his evening as usual, but instead of thinking about his past he thought about his future, and when he went to sleep, he didn't dream.