Skimming off the Top Ch. 05

Story Info
And a little more.
1.6k words
4.5
7.4k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers

***Well, I have come across a story I wrote YEARS ago and while it is non-erotic, I am not sure if it is really that good...If I took the time to sit and edit and re-write, it might not be too bad of a story, but for shits and giggles I am going to post it, chapter by chapter. I am not looking for votes or feedback, but if you feel it necessary to do so, feel free...Also, please take a look at some of my other stuff (better stuff) and enjoy for what it is worth...***

After Sara dropped off her two frightened friends, Sara drove the 5 minutes home thinking about the accident. She could figure out who would want to hurt her or her friends. Maybe it was just a fluke; being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe it was just some frat boys playing a cruel joke. A very cruel joke.

Sara pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine. He mom was home she could tell, because the living room light and the porch light were on. She sat in a few minutes of silence and thought on what to say to her mother about the damage to her Jeep. There was no way Sara could pay for all the damage, and her mom wasn't going to dish up the rest. Hopefully the insurance company would cover some of it, but then her rates would go up too. Sighing, she got out of the car just as her mom opened the front door.

"Oh my God. What happened? I just got a call from an officer Myers who wanted to make sure you got home safely. What the hell happened Sara?" Her mom was clearly upset and it looked to Sara as if she had been waiting for her.

"Its not as bad as it looks, really mom." Sara said as she waved her hand in the direction of the car. "It was a little accident. Some jerk banged into that's all. Its no big deal."

"No big deal? If you hadn't been out with your friends gallivanting around town, this wouldn't have happened." Sara's mom stepped aside for her to enter the house. She continued, "I thought I told you to come straight home after you finished studying."

"Mom, I am fine, the Jeep is fine, and as soon as it gets fixed, it will be as good as new. I have some money saved, and I'm sure the insurance will cover some of it." Sara plopped herself down on the couch as her mother followed her into the living room.


"I don't care about the car." He mom said softly. "I care about you. You have certain responsibilities to this house. I need you to be here when you say your going to be here."

Sara got up from the couch and said, "All right. I promise that I will be more careful with the Jeep and try to be here more." Sara gave her mom a hug. "Good night."

"Sleep Good honey. We'll work this out tomorrow."

*** *

The next day, Sara woke up to the remembrance of the night before. Getting out of bed, she planned what she was going to do about the Jeep. Wanting to find out what her friend was feeling, she picked up the phone to call Alexis. The phone only rang once.

"What?" Alexis screamed into the phone.

"It's Sara. What is wrong with you?"

"Oh. Sorry. Did you call me like six times last night and hang up?"

"What? No way. I came home and went to bed. After being confronted by my mother."

"Really? Somebody kept calling last night and every time I answered the person hung up."

"That's weird. Did you star 69 them?"

"Yup," Alexis said yawning. "But it was blocked."

"I'm sure it was some guy who lost the nerve to ask you out. Anyway, the reason I was calling is because I need to know what to do with the Jeep."

"Are you going to get it fixed?"

"I'm going to try, but since it's Sunday, there is not much I can do today."

"You could have Alex look at. He's pretty good with that sort of things."

"You don't think he would mind?"

"Let me ask him." Alexis covered the mouthpiece with her hand, but Sara could still hear her scream across the hall to Alex's room. Sara waited for a few seconds before Alexis got back on the line.

"Okay. He said he was going to take a look at it. Bring it over around 1. He'll be here."

"Thanks. Maybe I could stop at Subway and pick us up a veggie sub. We could have lunch while Alex's is looking at the Jeep."

"No can do friend. My mom and I have to go to Grandmas house to help her clean out the attic. Trust me, if I could get out of it I would. Thanks for the offer though."

"No big deal. Maybe I'll learn something from Alex while his working on the Jeep."

"Maybe. Anyway, I'll give you a call later. Maybe I'll stop and get a movie on the way back and we could hang out then."

"Sounds good. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

Sara hung up the phone and padded across to the closet. She was going to be alone with Alex for the afternoon and the thought sent little shivers up her spine. Taking a deep breath she left her bedroom and went downstairs to the kitchen. Her mom had already left for work so she was on her own and grateful. She was dreading another interlude with her mother.

By noon, Sara had finished breakfast and started on an assignment for school that she had waited to do until the last minute. Grateful for the break, she trotted back upstairs and changed into an outfit that she thought was cute, but not to over or under dressed for the outdoors activity of working on a car.

Back downstairs Sara grabbed her keys and locked the front door behind her. She got into the Jeep and drove the 10 minutes to the Freeman's house. Pulling into the driveway she could see Alex sitting on the porch. She supposed he was waiting for her. Sara stopped the car and hopped out. Alex sauntered over.

"What's going on Sara?" he said walking to the back of the Jeep.

"Nothing much. Alexis said you could take a look at this and let me know what will need to get fixed or replaced."

"Yeah, I owed her another favor." He smiled. "but this is a favor I don't mind doing."

Sara smiled back and stepped away from the car to let Alex look at the damage. He studied the rear for a few moments and then moved to the corners. Sara could tell he was deep in thought because he had the same look on his face that he got when he was in Math class.

"Well," Alex said coming around to the front of the car where Sara was standing. "Looks like you will need a new bummer, or at least get this one banged back out. Second, the left rear light is broken and there is some quarter panel damage done."

"What's that?" Sara asked. "And how much will that cost me?"

"Well, it is possible that the quarter panel can be banged out too, but the jeep won't look like new without replacing it. If you want to stay on the cheap side, get it done that way. The light is no biggie to fix, just a new bulb and a cover. The bumper can be banged out if it didn't crack, and I didn't see any, so you're in the clear." Alex paused and looked at Sara, "All together you're looking at about 800 bucks."

Sara quickly took a mental inventory of her bank account and what the insurance was going to cover. "I think I can handle that. I was saving the money for vacation when me and Lexi go to the beach, but I guess this is more important." She sat down on the front steps.

"I could do the work myself." Alex stated from the place on the car he was leaning. "I'm not a complete moron when it comes to cars. I could do the work for you."

"If I decide to let you do the work, how much do you want?"

."Just the cost of replacing the taillight." Alex took a deep breath. "And one date."

Caught off guard Sara almost missed the last part of Alex's statement. Did he just ask her out? On a date?

"Did you just ask me out on a date?" Sara said in a too squeaky voice.

"Yeah. I'll do the work on your car for free if you go out with me. You get a new looking car and a free meal." He walked toward Sara and then sat down next to her. "I think it's time we got to know each other better. I haven't had the nerve to ask until now, but now that I have, please don't say no."

Sara looked at him with a big grin and after it sunk in that Alex had asked her out, she gladly accepted.

"Okay," Alex said. "Let our first date be the spring fling. You already have a dress and I don't have a date. I'll start on your car next weekend and you go with me on Saturday to the dance."

Sara agreed to the time to meet him and knew that they would be going with Alexis and Miles. Alex didn't like Miles too much, but being with Sara, he wouldn't even notice. After a glass of iced tea, Sara got back in her Jeep after making him promise to have Alexis call her as soon as she got in. Happily, Sara returned home and went to her room. She had a lot of things to plan before the big date.

Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers