All Comments on 'Slathaar: Invasion Ch. 02'

by funinthesungirl19

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years ago

Beautiful writing. Beautiful story.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years ago
enchanting story.

Great continuation. I'm going to be checking for updates every day now... totally hooked.

I do sense a twist though. As in maybe they won't be enslaving Ariannes... but rather be enslaved to them in order to secure their alliance?

jennyb2492jennyb2492almost 10 years ago

Though I'd like to offer to contribute to your support so you can keep writing and quit your day job and get this story out faster, I know all too well how much time it takes to build a world and a story this complex. I guess we will all just have to be patient while you do the best you can.

But please hurry!

Do you by any chance have a map of your world that you can share with your readers? It helps to understand where your characters are, and where they are going, and who they are going through in the process of getting there.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
Hi fun girl

Your writing as usual enchants as well as enriching the mind. RL has got in the way and I see that I have a few stories to catch up on, but I'm glad I got to this one early.

I will confess to getting a bit boss eyed with all the characters names and trying to remember who is who, but considering all my other reading material requires crayons, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Lovely story and can't wait to see where it goes.

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19almost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks, everyone!

@Justahole - how's the writing going? ;)

@STG - interesting theory, but no, I'm afraid Gareth is going to make some rather dismal choices in the upcoming future. That being said, I should try to do a story outline. (I clearly only have the most basic idea where this is going at this point in time. It's a bit dismal, really.)

@Jenny - I drew a map. But then the story didn't really mesh up, so I need to redraw another map. It's the scaling of the world that's giving me trouble (plus, I can't actually draw.) But a map will be coming soon. Definitely before the next chapter, because without the basics in place, I will quite certainly be stumbling around in the dark.

@Jim - agreed. There's a lot of characters. A glossary will happen as well on my blog.

All of that being said, I'm insanely busy right now, both with the day job as well with paid writing. Slathaar is my fantasy story - the story I turn to when I want to write something a bit relaxing. But I'm just warning everyone that I have nothing - zero words written for the next chapter - and I doubt that'll get rectified anytime soon. I'll do my utter best to get another chapter up before the end of the month - but that's sort of as fast as it's really going to get, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Tara

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesalmost 10 years ago
Count me in!

Well count me in among the readers who are interested in hearing more of this story! Very interested in the dynamic you create with potential reluctant slave owners. World building is hard, though, so take your time & we'll be here waiting. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous