All Comments on 'Snakeboy'

by cellophanesmile

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Well done

Over all your story was well done, though it could have used a little bit more proof-reading. I liked the build up, but it seemed to end really abruptly. The pace of the story changed in a way that didn't fit with the beginning. Nevertheless, a job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good job

But I also agree that it needed a little more polish. At first, the conversational style of it was sort of refreshing; after the first few paragraphs it started to grate. It was informal to the point of sloppiness. I liked the concept and the story line, but I'm afraid this is a near textbook example of why everyone should have an editor. "His answers were erupt." Makes absolutely no sense, just implies that the author wasn't saying what they meant to say or simply chose the wrong word. I also think the end was overly abrupt. Still a nice story, and I'd love to see the final draft someday soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
LOVED IT!!

completly in love with this story! more please!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
fairy tale

This story was written in the simplistic manner of a fairy tale. It was very well done in general, and the instances of problems with grammar (especially lie/lay and their variations) weren't too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I loved it.

though truth be told you could have really stretched it out and made an excellent story as well...great work..I did love it even in it's shortness.

Teacher_LynnTeacher_Lynnalmost 16 years ago
Beautiful Tale

I really enjoyed your story. Please, continue writing either on this one or others. It was so interesting and beautiful. Beauty and the Beast are my favorite type of stories. Great job!

starry_nightstarry_nightover 15 years ago
Lovely

Such a heartwarming story! I really admire Zachary's kind and gentle nature. Despite having stones thrown at him and being isolated from others, he stayed true to himself and never lost hope. I'm glad he found someone like Annabelle who loves him for who he is and and doesn't care what he looks like. Thanks for writing this story! Now I'm off to read Bunnygirl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
oh god..

i'm crying again.

so sweet<3

DarkWriter13DarkWriter13about 15 years ago
Wonderful

this was a wonderful and heartwarming story, if it weren't for the sex, i would have thought it came out of a storybook. you should make a series out of it. im also drawn towards the story because i like snakes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

The plot was really good but I think overall it was a little rushed.

wildheartedangelwildheartedangelover 13 years ago
Good

I really liked this story, it's a brilliant idea, but I think it was to rushed. I think you could have stretched it out, added some more tension, developed the characters a bit, and it felt like her family was cut out, I think you should have kept them included, nobody wants to marry a stranger and have to leave their family, she would have been depressed. If you developed it a bit more you could make a good story great.

AmandaSilverAmandaSilverabout 13 years ago
This was a fairy tale that melted my heart

I absolutely loved this story. I agree with some of the other comments that you lost the voice about halfway through, and it did need another read-through. I thought it would've been interesting if she had heard the "stories" about the snake boy.

But I loved the fairy tale flow of the beginning and end of the story. I agree it could have been longer because I loved the story so much. I almost cried for the little snake boy who was so lonely and was watching the princess, waiting for her to be his someday. You made him such a sweet, sympathetic character. This was a beautiful story and the ending was sweet.

Dreamhunter1992Dreamhunter1992about 12 years ago
cute

That was a cute little love story!

lenarosiclenarosicover 11 years ago

Very interesting story. Make more of this kind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
nice

A little more please. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Such a beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Beautiful

cute story 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous