Snowed In

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I heard a loud commotion from downstairs, though I had no way of knowing what had caused the noise. I screamed for Jamie again and received no response. I stood staring through my bedroom door into the darkness of the hallway. I had wanted to charge after my sister. I wanted to rush to her aid like anyone would have done, but fear gripped me and held me firmly in place. Though I had no idea who, or what for that matter, had taken my sister, I had plainly seen how unbelievably fast she had been ripped from my room. A thousand thoughts and images bombarded my brain. I trembled as I remembered the story Jamie had told me, and all those sounds.... God, I had heard another one! Just before Jamie had reached climax on top of me, I had heard that terrible metallic grinding of springs, the ones I was sure had come from the attic door.

My instinct now told me to run or hide. I wanted out of the house. I wanted my parents to return. Most of all, I wanted nothing at all to do with the angry spirit or whatever malevolent thing had taken my poor sister. Shivering, I looked down at myself. I now thought I looked rediculous standing naked in the cold room with my sticky flaccid cock shrivelling between my thighs. Rubbing my arms, I searched for my jogging pants and shirt. As I dressed, I wasn't sure if I was shaking because I was cold or because I was terrified. I grabbed my cell phone hurriedly and unlocked the screen, casting its minimal light at the doorway. My mind was still reeling at the unbelievable events that had occurred. My world had been turned on its head in a manner of seconds.

Staring into the now half lit hallway, I licked my lips and called again to my sister with a broken voice and a lump in my throat.

"Jamie?"

Again there was no answer, and I heard no sounds from outside of my bedroom. Guilt and shame overtook me then. I felt like a coward trembling in fear in my room while Jamie was experiencing some unknown horror. I took a breath and let it out slowly. Bracing myself, I headed for the doorway, deafened by the thumping of my own heart. Every shred of sanity I had began to flee as I neared the threshold. The dim light from my phone did little to help in the darkness, but it was better than nothing. Acting quickly before my mind could convince me otherwise, I stepped out into the hallway. I immediately noticed an odd shadow to my left in the direction of the guest room. I turned my light toward it to find my fears somewhat confirmed. The attic door hung open from the ceiling. The ladder hadn't even been folded down completely. A strange smell stung my nose almost causing my eyes to water.

I heard a faint sound then coming from downstairs. My head whipped around toward the landing and I stifled a yelp. A dark figure stood at the top of the landing. Though its features were shrouded in shadow, I could see the cold eyes peering at me in the gloom through strands of black hair. Just as my eyes began to study the figure, it turned in the direction of the stairs and began to descend with a frightfully awkward gait. Then it was gone. Againg I wanted to flee. The terrible image that had spawned in my brain earlier, the image of a woman lying twisted and split open, resurfaced in my mind at once. My mouth hung agape, stunned that the apparition was real and had stood before me. Jamie's sweet quivering voice echoed in my head then. She said she had seen someone. I should have listened to her instead of being such a desperate pervert. I had to find her. I had to try to help her. The thought of her suffering was too much weight to bear.

Though I was thoroughly terrified, I headed slowly to the stairs. Step by step, I made my way down, my path dimly lit by the light of my phone. It was almost useless to use the cell phone, for while I could see where its light was cast, everything around me became a black abyss to my eyes. I was halfway down the stairs when I heard sounds that seemed to be coming from the kitchen. One noise in particular sounded like a cough, and I knew then that Jamie must be there. My eyes searched the dark ahead of the light for anything. With every step downward, I expected something terrible to appear before me. I sensed an opening beside me, and when my foot landed on the hardwood living room floor, I knew that the kitchen door was to my left.

Standing before the threshold, I shined my light into the doorway. At first I saw nothing but the shapes of the countertops and the cluttered kitchen table. As my light swept across the table, however, my eye caught the slightest movement by one of the dining chairs. My trembling breath caught in my throat as I stared wide eyed at the figure in the dark. Her menacing black eyes glittered in the cellphone light, filling me with dread. The sight of the open grotesque gashes where her jaw and vagina had once been were so disturbing much that I thought I could feel my very brain twist and bend in my skull. The horrible woman seemed to twitch or shift as she stood glaring at me.

In a cold rush of darkness, her gruesome form was suddenly but a foot in front of me. A shrill ethereal screech filled the house and echoed throughout over and over. My head spun at how inhumanly fast the horrid woman had moved. Her gnarled arm extended toward me, with a bony finger pointed at my face. Frantically, I began backpedaling into the living room. In my frenzy, I fell backward and landed on the cold hardwood floor. I screamed as the wretched woman came to loom over me. Her head went into awful spasms, twitching and shaking on her neck while her fierce dark eyes bored into me. Her black hair seemed to lift from the sides of her head with her strange seizures. I thought I was going to black out just from the sheer terror of it all.

The woman's arm was now extended out to her side, her index finger still pointed stiff. My head was turned as I continued to wail in horror. It was only after a long moment that I realized the horrific apparition did not intend to touch me. I stopped screaming and turned my trembling gaze to her. My eyes followed her finger in the direction of the front door. For a moment, I was too terrified to understand what the woman was trying to convey. Then, it dawned on me that she wanted me gone. She wanted me to leave. I lay for several seconds in awe until the horrid thing began wailing even louder and her head started twisting on her neck. Her black eyes were wild and furious.

I scrambled to my hands and knees. Stumbling on the floor with my phone lost somewhere behind me, I tried to head for the front door. Suddenly, just as the ghastly woman behind ceased her shrill scream, I heard another sound coming from the kitchen. The second door behind the stairs that led to the opposite end of the kitchen was just a few feet away. It was through this threshold that I heard the faintest weep. It had to be Jamie! I could still try to help her. I shot a glance behind me to see that the dark woman had not followed me, or either I could not see her in the dark living room. My eyes made out the shape of the doorway to the kitchen, and I scrambled frantically to my feet and rushed inside.

I stopped short just inside the kitchen, almost slipping on some sort of thick liquid on the tile floor. Startled, I braced myself on a countertop and peered down at the floor. My eyes were still adjusting as I made out a dark pool at my feet. I followed the substance to the source, and my heart froze in my chest. Lying on the floor was my naked sister, now with dark smears on her flesh. Her head lay to the side, her lifeless eyes staring off into the shadows. I stared in horror at the all too familiar gruesome hole where her jaw had been. Upon further examination, I feel the putrid burn of vomit in the back of my throat.

I saw its shape first. Its body was very long, and appeared as though it was segmented in some strange way. There were four legs or appendages protruding from the body, though they were so strange looking that I could not imagine how they worked. All over its wrinkled grey flesh were gaping pores, each with an odd, frilly, weed like substance protruding outward. The rear of the thing's body narrowed into a long tendril or tail, which near its end split into several longer tendrils that looked not unlike those of a jellyfish. Some of these smaller tendrils were wrapped around my sister's bloody neck, where her flesh was bulging and bruised from their coiled tight grip.

Upon my entry, the head rose and spun on its flat wavy neck to look my way. I could not suppress my cry of terror. I was staring at a face that reminded me of a bat. The creature's snout appeared to be the focal point of its horrid face, with every fold and wrinkle drawing toward the flared snarling nose. Buried deep into its awfully furrowed brow were two tiny, murky, grey blobs that I assumed were eyes, which appeared absent of lid or life. What at first I thought were great horns were actually some kind of thick antennae or feelers covered in fine bristly hair. They writhed about atop the thing's long head, both coiling and flopping in my direction.

As the creature's torso, if it could be described as such, lifted from the floor, I glanced down to see what it had done to Jamie's helpless body. I tasted stomach acid and slimy chunks in my mouth as I gazed upon her torn lower body, split from her oozing groin to her naval. I glanced back to the terrible thing before me. Now, it displayed its most terrifying feature. The gnarled folds of skin beneath its puckered snout unfurled, spanning out several feet beside its head, and I did not overlook the hooked talons or teeth that pierced the edges of the thin flaps. From within the vein streaked grey flesh, there protruded a second snout or trunk. This appendage was quite long, and was cylindrical to the very tip where I saw an opening, and more of the thin tendrils like the ones on its tail poked free.

I realized as it stood on its oddly bent body, with its facial flaps open and its feelers gyrating, that it was screaming at me. I heard a low groan or hum that tickled my senses, overlapped by a grinding noise that sounded like gravel being thrown into a great cosmic blender. The thing hunkered low again, apparently prepared to lunge. Clutching my ears against the awful noise, I turned and bolted from the kitchen toward the front door. My feet slid beneath me in my frenzy, but I managed to stay on my feet. It was no use, though. It was already upon me, even though I was almost to the front door. It had moved impossibly fast. My feet were wrapped with something slimy and thin, and my face was suddenly against the hardwood floor. I clawed in vain for anything to hold onto in the dark. I was pulled violently back, rolling on my side as I went.

I was held in place by an immense weight. The thing had crawled atop me, and I felt its long tail curl about my legs and seize them tightly. I screamed and flailed about beneath the terrible creature in futility. Its wretched face loomed up before mine, and I smelt the putrid odor as it invaded my nostrils. I craned my head backward, struggling away from the creature as best I could, and howled in horror of my coming fate. My breath caught in my chest at what I saw.

There she stood, a few feet away. The horrible woman gazed down upon me through her tangled black hair. Her eyes met mine, and for a brief moment I stared in awe at her. Her eyes were not the menacing dark orbs I had seen before. Her jawless face was not contorted in malevolent anger and hatred as it was earlier. Instead, she wore a different emotion on her face. With her upturned brows and drooping eyes, she seeped to weep as she looked on. She pitied me, I realized. She had known all along. She slowly turned from me and shambled away into the dark, fading from my view.

A sharp pain enveloped the lower part of my face. My eyes flitted down to witness the great vein streaked flaps of the creature's face latch around my cheeks. I wailed as I felt it begin to pull and stretch my mouth open with such terrible might that I was deafened by the cracking I heard in my inner ears. It bellowed terribly once more before its long slimy truck came sliding into my throat.

*

This story is quite long, but if you are a fan of horror fiction, you have to give it a full read. Enjoy.