Songs for the Soul Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They arrived at the Regency at 8 o'clock. It was filled with partygoers, but the table that they were taken to was secluded. It was set in a small intimate corner.

They ordered, each covering up their nervousness with easy chatter. It was during dessert that Rylie finally got up the nerve to tell him.

"Listen Matt," she said quietly, uncertainly, "I know it's been a rough year, and an even rougher week. And I also know that it's because of me. Well, the reason I called you today was to let you know that well, I like you. I really do. I've liked you, maybe even loved you for two years now."

"I've always written off those feelings as sisterly, but they aren't. I can't deny it any longer. Even though I was with Dylan, it was you I trusted, you were the person I came to when I had a problem."

"I've gotten over Dylan now, and I'm scared. But I trust you; so I'm hoping that we can work on a relationship. That is, if you feel the same way."

Matt looked at her searchingly for a few moments, deeply touched by her tender words and unable to make an immediate response; was Dylan at last gone from her life?

"Are you sure?" he asked softly.

Rylie nodded and looked down, still not able to meet his eyes. He stretched his hands across the table to take hers. Rylie raised her head to look into his eyes, and there she saw the depths of his love for her.

"I've waited so long, so long for this," Matt said, "But, are you really, really sure? Just a few days back you were heart broken about Dylan. Are you sure you aren't on the rebound?"

"I might be." Rylie said thoughtfully, "But I still want to try Matt. I really want to."
Matt smiled at her, and squeezed her hands before he returned to his dessert. They finished their food and decided to go to the park for a brief walk.

They walked hand in hand, talking quietly and spasmodically, absorbing the newfound intimacy between them. This intimacy assured them that there was no need for anything to be said. They trusted each other, and that was enough.

The evening grew cold and they decided to return home.

When Matt walked Rylie to her door, she invited him in.

"No Rylie." He said. "Not now."

"Now." Rylie said firmly. "I need this Matt. I know its fast, but I do need it."

There was something in Rylie's tone of voice and eyes that touched Matt deeply, and he came in.

The minute Rylie closed and locked the door; he took her in his arms, kissing her tenderly. She clung to him, as if he was a lifeline. The kisses were soft and gentle, so unlike the demanding kisses that Dylan had given her.

Matt slowly coaxed her lips open and explored her mouth, tasting the sweetness of it. Rylie kissed him back with everything she had, desperately trying to show him how much he meant to her.

Taking him by the hand she led him to her bedroom, and there, he slowly and gently undressed her as if she was some frail and precious object.

Looking at her naked body he murmured, "You're very lovely." And yes, she was lovely, she was lovely for Matt.

They made love passionately, each hungry for the
other. After they made love, they nestled close to each other and talked about the future; future that seemed brighter to both because they knew that whatever happened, they would always be there for each other.

It was nearly dawn when they got to sleep, Matt holding Rylie close. Their hands were entwined, and each had a beautiful smile on their face. This was the first time they had slept well in ages. This was the first time that they slept with the knowledge that there was someone who cared deeply for them - that someone loved them very, very much.

This year, to keep her from tears, she really had given it to someone special.

************

And thats a wrap! As usual, all the credit for this story must go to Ray. I have no idea how he can actually sit down and correct all the mistakes I make, but he does, and in my estimation, that gives him the top shelf. the song is by Wham! and the entire credit for the story goes to them! Its the 14th today, and well, I just hope to have this posted before Christmas. A Merry Christmas to all! Happy Holidays!

12