Split in Time Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kathryn nodded pleased that this other Wolfgang had lived a good life. Amy turned all her attention to the Wolfgang before her, who stood with his hands on his hips, his eyes on the ground.

"I am here to invite you to a gathering, all the Alphas together to work on a solution to this problem. To end the madness." Amy told him.

"When?" He asked.

"Four days," She answered.

Garnet frowned, "But surely..."

"She's been here a while." Wolfgang said his voice almost dead of emotion but his body shook gently. How long had she been here? He thought to himself. How long had she known he was here and not come to him?

Amy nodded, "Almost a month."

"And what... you decided to come here last?" He grumbled.

Amy took a deep breath, "I was trying to figure out a way to deal with this, with you, without hurting you in the process." She explained.

"Deal with what?" He growled.

"Wolfgang... I can't let anything happen between us..." She told him. "I don't exist in this universe, I never will, to let you know the bond of mates only to take it away will destroy you, trust me I know." She told him.

"You don't know if that is true." He told her. "You don't know if you will never exist here."

She gave him a sad smile, "Yes I do, I am the descendant of a person who sadly can't exist in this world. This is the negative side of a decision made by a god. You see... in my world... Luna has a son." She told him and watched the shock pass over Wolfgang, Kathryn and Garnet's faces.

"A son?" Garnet asked; the mere thought of their beloved goddess having a son was something no one had ever thought possible.

Amy nodded, "A son who has known two lives, one of them immortal. The first life he lived was as a human..."

"What does this have to do with you not existing here?" Wolfgang grumbled.

"Everything." Alanna said, "Let her tell the story."

Amy smiled at her daughter. "His human name was Wild-heart." She said continuing her story.

"That explains your last name." Garnet said surprised.

Amy nodded, "He fell in love with Vivian, but there was a war to fight and he had his duty, he fought and died the day after my mother was conceived. A woman who became known as the goddess of war. After Wild-heart's death his mother wanted him protected so she took his soul and put it in the body of a wolf cub and he was raised as a wolf."

"You are the descendant of this Wild-heart... you are a descendant of Luna." Kathryn surmised.

Amy nodded, "And this universe is the negative side of Luna's choice, here she chose not to create her son. Everything that has happened in this world has happened purely because Lupa doesn't exist here and can never exist here."

"I don't believe you." He stated firmly in denial as he started pacing again.

"Wolfgang... what am I?" Amy asked choosing a different tactic to make him understand.

"My mate." He said firmly.

"Yes but Wolfgang... what am I?" She asked him again. "What race?" She clarified.

He paused in his pacing, his brow furrowed in deep thought. "Were..." he identified.

"What else?" She asked.

"I don't know..." He told her starting to get frustrated.

"Think... what else." She demanded.

"Ancient... I think... and something else." He said still confused.

"I'm actually part Ancient part something else, the Were hint to my scent happened purely by accident, I forced my power into the form of a beast. I can turn someone but I am not Were." She explained, "I'm technically not Ancient either, I can do too much to be considered that. I am something else... no one knows what."

"What does knowing your race have to do with all this?" He asked his beast was foaming at the mouth; it wanted to go to its mate and claim her, to sink its length within her.

"Everything, I am here on Fate's orders, she brought me here for some reason, I believe to fix this world. When I have done whatever she wants of me I will leave, if I let you mate me, I will hurt you. I can't do that." She told him honestly hoping he would believe her.

"Do you and this other me... have children?" he asked a little randomly but he remembered the hearts on the waist-let and wanted to know if the hearts represented children.

Amy nodded, "That is another reason why I am here, I'm here to invite you to the gathering but I am also here to introduce you to your daughters."

He looked at Amy as if she were mad, how could they have daughters if they have never met before.

"We adopted three traditionally by blood, my blood, my soul touched their souls, it reverberated throughout all the universes, they will always feel compelled to come to us. It's the only consolation my being here can give you, three daughters, two of which are here." She explained.

He glanced to those Amy had brought with her wondering which of the women before him were his. Amy stood and walked to her daughters, "This is Electra, and Alanna," she said resting a hand on each shoulder.

Both women stood as Wolfgang approached, Electra fiddled with the visor which protected her eyes and Alanna tugged on her clothes. He paused before them, his eyes scanned over the obviously nervous women. He reached out and tilted Electra's head up by her chin; he gently stroked the visor, "Is something wrong with your eyes?" He asked gently.

Electra shook her head, "No, my eyes work fine but they are badly light sensitive, until Amy came into my life I lived in a lightless cell." She explained.

"Will they ever be able to handle light?" He asked.

She shook her head, "Sadly no, my eyes were forced to change during my formative years, as an immortal my eyes can't change back. But this visor lets me see in any lighting condition without light blindness even when I shift."

He nodded and turned his attention to Alanna, her eyes met his, he reached out with his other hand and stroked her face before pulling both into his arms for a big hug. "Do I want to know your stories?" He asked them both and they both shrugged.

"That's up to you." Alanna said as Wolfgang released them.

Kathryn joined them, "Come, perhaps we should let your parents talk in private." She coaxed and everyone nodded as they followed her out. She was actually interested in getting to know her granddaughters but she also knew that Amy and Wolfgang had some things to hash out and that it would get done better without everyone else watching.

Wolfgang and Amy waited until the door clicked closed before they started talking.

"Amy..." He said reaching out for her.

She dodged his hands and stepped away. He felt pain lance through him as if someone had taken dagger to his heart. If he thought he was in pain it was nothing compared to what she was feeling. Her body just wanted to run into his arms and hold him forever but she knew she couldn't, the pain she felt every moment of every day since coming here would be his for the rest of time if she let him mate her.

"No Wolfgang we can't..." She told him firmly.

"Why?"

She hugged her arms around her body and started to pace. "You don't know..."

"Then make me, why won't you let me know love?" He demanded his eyes watching her as she paced. He began to see cracks in her emotions, even when they were shouting and glaring at each other she was in complete control of her emotions. Now he could see the signs of the great internal struggle she was going through. She wanted him as much as he did but she had a reason to resist the draw.

"Because... knowing love, knowing the bond of mates and having it snatched away from you forever will destroy you. I will not force that fate upon you or your pack." She told him honestly but refusing to meet his eyes.

"That's not fair, you are assuming that knowing love will destroy me, it might but it might just make me a better man, a better Alpha and a more understanding one. You are denying me because of what might happen..." He argued.

"Might?" She questioned as she stopped pacing and turned to him. "Do you know how I spend the first ten minutes of every day in your world since I got here?" She asked not expecting an answer, "I spend that time curled up in a ball, crying and trying to pull myself together." Tears started to well up in her eyes, she quickly dashed them away. "I can't force that on you... I love you too much to let that happen."

Before she could react, pull away or dodge him, he had her wrapped up in his arms, his head resting against the top of hers. She took a deep breath, pressed her face to his chest and cried. All the pain she had felt from the separation from her mate, she let it out, she couldn't have held it back even if she tried, not with his scent in her nose and his arms around her.

He just held her, breathing in her weird scent which had his beast calm; every now and again he would tighten his arms for a few moments before relaxing them and brush his lips against her hair. He didn't know if what he was doing was helping but it felt right to have her in his arms.

After ten minutes she no longer had any more tears to shed. She rested her check against his chest and listened to his heart, it was the most soothing sound she had ever heard. She closed her eyes and listened for long moments; he gently cupped her check and stroked her skin with his thumb.

She opened her eyes as her mind slid back to reality, she went to push out of his arms, but the arm that held her tightly to his body tightened further. "Amy..." he said gently. "Fate works in odd ways, you think she brought you here to fix this world... what if she brought you here for me and that fixing this world is just a side effect of you being here for me. So that I could know love... so that I could have a family... our family..."

"We don't..." She began to say.

"No... we don't do we... we don't know why you are here, you just assume it's to fix this world. You could be here for me." He tilted her head up so that their eyes could meet. "Don't shut me out; do not deny me my one chance of being complete because you fear I will not be able to cope with the pain when you leave."

"I barely cope." She told him.

"But you cope, and something may change between now and when you leave, you might figure out a way to help me cope even when you are gone." He said confidently although he would say almost anything to get her to understand that he didn't care about the possibility of pain later on, he was in pain now, having her close but not being able to have her was just as painful.

He caught her chin to hold her still; he leant down slowly and took her lips with his. His kiss started out gentle, exploring but it changed when she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled her closer to his body. She needed him and couldn't fight herself anymore, what will be will be, and she couldn't continue to fight him. He moaned and pulled her up his body, making his kiss easier; she wrapped her legs around his hips pulling her close. He slid a hand under her sweater and a moment later she broke the kiss and tugged his hand from her clothes.

"Not now..." she told him still slightly panting from the kiss.

"Why not?" he demanded now sounded perfect to him.

She chuckled and rested her forehead against his shoulder for a moment. "I am not going to deny you," she turned and pressed her lips to his throat, he groaned and his knees went weak. "But now is not a good time, we don't have the week you will need to sate your lust, trust me I know." She said gently into his ear. "I am needed back at the temple," she told him before she carefully slid from his arms.

"After the gathering," she promised.

"You just hope that getting the Alphas to agree to a plan of action will send you home." he accused.

She shook her head, "I know it won't be that easy to fix this world."

"How?"

"Because it wasn't that easy to fix my world."

He reached out and caught her jaw, "you aren't going to fight this?"

"I'll try not to... but realise something, and I want you to think about this seriously," she told him holding the hand which cupped her jaw. "This... letting this happen between us... it will hurt us both. When I go back I will know I have left you alone with your pain and it will pain me and it will pain the other you through our bond."

He watched her for a moment, "How deep is our bond?" he asked.

"Deep enough that you can sense my dreams."

He watched her with surprise, sensing dreams was mostly unheard of, as it was only possible in the deepest of bonds.

"Deep enough that I am always aware of your emotions and thoughts even at great distances. I won't be able to protect him from this pain." She finished.

"You aren't afraid that he will be angry with you?" he questioned.

She arched an eyebrow, "Why? It's not like I'm mating a different man, just another version of the same man." She had thought about Taylor's words and Vivian's a lot leading up to this but Rhun's words were the ones which had carried the most weight, this was Wolfgang, he would always be hers.

He smiled and nodded he reached down with his spare hand and caught the exposed waist-let as her sweater had ridden up during their kiss, he stroked the little hearts, "What do these mean?" He asked again, he wanted his suspicions confirmed, that the hearts indicated children.

"One heart for each child," she explained. "Electra, Alanna, Sage, Temperance, Serenity and Thais."

He released the waist-let and sat pulling her into his lap. "Six... three of your body?" he questioned and she nodded.

"Triplets, Temperance and Serenity identical twin girls and Thais a boy." She told him.

"I have a son... with a centaur name." He stated not sure how he felt about that.

She nodded, "It was the name that best fitted him. You let me name the cubs, you were just happy they were healthy and yours. Temperance was loud, outspoken even as a baby, as a toddler she's worse. Serenity is as her name says, calm, always calm, nothing fazes that little girl. Thais... there are no words to describe him."

"Do you miss them?"

She nodded, she missed them so much, "They are only five... but they aren't like normal five year olds."

"Five!" He said surprised and in a little anger. "Fate took you away from young cubs?"

"It's not like that, I'll be returned to the moment I left, they won't miss me although Thais probably will know what happened before I finish materialising." She explained kind of wishing she hadn't told him about the cubs.

"How?" He asked.

She smiled at him, "Because Thais sees... everything."

He frowned at her, "I don't understand."

"Neither do I..." she told him honestly.

**

Alanna and Electra sat with Garnet and Kathryn drinking tea while Vivian, Rhun and Taylor were sitting further up the same table with Bastion and Nathanael talking about the past. Alanna and Electra kept glancing down the hall, their parents were still talking and it was concerning them.

"Should we..." Alanna said to Electra.

"Check to make sure they aren't tearing each other to shreds." Electra said finishing her sister's sentence.

"I hope they are," Garnet said before sipping her tea.

"No you don't," Alanna said shaking her head, "Ma will win not da."

"And Nathanael will have to stitch him back together." Electra added.

"Do you do that often?" Kathryn asked the two women who nodded.

"Yep... ma says when Sage joins us we'll get worse." Electra said.

"Not that we believe her." Alanna added as she again glanced down the hall.

Electra glanced around and frowned as she recognised someone who seemed just as interested as to when her parents would make an appearance. She jabbed Alanna in the ribs and nodded her head at the woman who was the thorn in their mother's paw in her own universe.

"You might want to send Jessa away, ma is under a lot of stress and will snap Jessa's neck if she challenges ma even indirectly." Alanna informed.

"Jessa?" Garnet turned and saw that Jessa indeed was poised ready to pounce the moment her brother and Amy entered the main cavern.

"Nah... let ma tear her throat out... it'll show the pack she doesn't take kindly to challenges to her authority." Electra said as she downed the last of her tea.

"I agree." Garnet said, "she's been irritating me for years."

"There they are." Alanna said as she spotted her parents approaching.

"Let the fun begin." Garnet said shifting her seat so she would have a better view.

"You won't see much... ma is stronger than she looks." Electra said moving to keep her eyes on the action.

Jessa strutted forward, flinging long dark blond hair over her shoulder. Amy took a deep breath and crossed her arms as Jessa came to a stop before them. Amy held up a hand stopping Jessa in her tracks. "I will give you to the count of three to get out of my face... if you are not gone... you may end up dead." Amy warned, she was not in any mood to put up with Jessa's stupidity.

Jessa growled in reaction to Amy's threat.

"One... and if Wolfgang's growls don't intimate me what makes you think your growls will." Amy said and got chuckles from those who were watching. "Two."

Jessa went to step forward and get up in Amy's face.

"Three." Amy reached her right hand out, caught Jessa's jaw and squeezed breaking the lower jaw in several places.

Jessa dropped to her knees in pain, she cried out as Amy's grip seemed to tighten for a moment.

"I warned you. You didn't listen so I am now going to order you," Amy said bringing her Alpha influence onto Jessa. "You will leave Wolf Haven Pack and never return." She released Jessa's jaw and the woman crumbled to the ground under the effect of pain and Amy's influence. "Nathanael!"

Nathanael stood and approached the enraged Alpha carefully. "Alpha," he said bowing his head. Nathanael hadn't changed, except that he now wore his coppery hair long.

"I have broken her jaw in several places, please set the breaks and see to it her jaw heals naturally." She told him.

Nathanael glanced quickly at Wolfgang but decided just to do as she asked. He grabbed Jessa's arm his power instantly streaming into Jessa's body, Amy had not been lying about the breaks, there were eight in total and would have to be wired in place since she had forbade the use of his powers. He heaved Jessa onto her feet, several others helped to get her away from Amy before Amy decided to just kill her.

Everyone stared, they were accustomed to displays of strength but Amy hadn't even tried, had looked to simply grip Jessa's jaw and by doing that had broken it. They wondered about the woman who had their Alpha's interest but already they knew that she was not to be taken lightly.

An older woman ran up, "Alpha! Surely you are not letting some outsider who isn't pack make a pack decision?"

Wolfgang stood taller at the woman's comment; he levelled his gaze at her. "If I had objected to what she was doing I would have stepped in and stopped it. As it is, I see no reason to retract Amy's decision to banish Jessa from this pack."

"She isn't pack..."

Wolfgang growled, "you dare question me? I am the Alpha." He told her forcefully, "your daughter..." he said changing tacks. "Do you know I get daily reports about her? Shirking her duties, talking back to those who have higher rank, unprovoked attacks on those same higher ranks, insubordination and refusal to follow pack rules." He said as approached the woman, who slowly backed away.

"I..." She bowed her head.

"I... the pack isn't about I... your daughter was destabilising the central pack, causing more damage than good for the greater all. Garnet has been at me for months to banish her." He informed her. "Banishment I think is better than option two... her death. If you don't like the decision, you and your family are free to leave."

Her mate walked forward and grabbed her shoulders, "she brought it upon herself Alpha, she couldn't accept her place in the pack." He turned his mate and walked her away.