Star Struck Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, he broke up with you?" Louis filled in.

"Yes."

"Tired old story," Louis commented with a frown and a hint of annoyance. "What's the big deal about that?"

Lonnie glanced at granny again, who nodded for her to continue. After a deep breath, she said, "That man was your father."

Louis didn't react to the news, choosing instead to digest it silently. After a few minutes, he arose, said, "Excuse me," and left the house.

Granny looked at a stunned Lonnie. "You better get after him."

Not expecting that, Lonnie did as she was told. She caught up with Louis easily, which made her think he wanted her to. "Louis, wait," she called after him as though it was the thing to say.

He stopped, turned and waited. "So, what kind of vicarious experiment was this? A way for you to relive your past with my father?"

"No, of course not. Will you let me explain?"

"Go ahead," Louis agreed with a wave of his hand, but almost as though he didn't care.

They started walking again. "I come home once every two or three months to see how my mother is doing. I come either late Thursday or early Friday and leave either late Sunday or early Monday, depending on my schedule. I usually stop for coffee at the diner in the morning. This trip I got in late Thursday, slept in Friday, so it was late morning by the time I arrived at the diner. I go there because it's a pleasant reminder of my mother, particularly since she doesn't remember me anymore.

"When I saw how the other kids were treating you, as I've said, it reminded me of how I used to be treated when I was your age. Then I glimpsed your name on the cover of your yearbook, and I knew there weren't many Robbins's here in town, so I invited you to sit. Watching you across from me, I could see the resemblance. I knew about your parents, and I'll admit, I felt a little sorry for you.

"But then you were so in awe of me. And you were so sincere; I just wanted to let you in on who I really was. So, I took you with me to see my mother, and when we returned home and you talked about your staying power, not only did I want you to show me, I really wanted to have sex with you. And you were terrific! The point is, I wanted to help you, but it had nothing to do with who you are, but rather what you could do. And I truly do want to do it with you more. I want to work with you and help you and your grandmother in the process.

"The only thing being your dad's son did was make me trust you right away. This might not have all happened so quickly if you had been a total stranger."

Louis nodded several times as he contemplated her story. "I told you I did some research on the porn business, well, that included watching some of your movies, particularly your older ones. Porn movies used to have a plot; a weak one but a plot with a story line. There was even acting involved. And you were a good actress. Still are. So, since I met you yesterday with my obvious infatuation, how much of your response was acting?" He threw up his hands. "How do I know what's real and what's acting? How much acting do you do to get what you want?

"You've said that filming porn is not like doing the real thing, that sometimes even the cum shot is a different guy from the rest of the scene. That tells me that you have to fake orgasms. You have to act them out. So how much of what we did was acting?" Louis shook his head. "You live in a make believe world. And that's not for me." He started to turn and leave, and then stopped. "It really was a thrill to meet you. Real or not, I'll never forget our time together." Now, he walked off.

"Louis," Lonnie called after him.

He halted, looking back at her.

"You might not believe this, but it was real. That's what makes you so special."

Louis nodded and moved on.

* * *

Back at granny's house, Lonnie said, "I couldn't change his mind. You should have let me tell him in my own time."

"Is your offer still on the table?" granny asked.

Lonnie had to chuckle at her choice of words. She obviously watched a lot of TV. "The offer is contingent on Louis coming to California to be interviewed—" she had to choose words carefully "—by others in the company. If they like him, then, yes, the offer will still be available."

"When would he have to go?"

"I was hoping he would fly back with me."

"When are you leaving?"

"I'd like to leave tomorrow."

"Louis will be ready," granny said with certainty. "I'll see to it."

Lonnie smiled. Somehow, she felt granny would make it happen.

* * *

"Where have you been?" granny asked when Louis finally returned home after dark.

"Around. Just doing some thinking."

"At the cemetery?" Granny knew him fairly well.

"For a little while. You hungry?"

She wasn't really, but if she let him fix her something, they could continue to talk. "Yes, I am."

Louis baked some chicken breasts and microwaved frozen green beans. Granny waddled into the kitchen and sat at the table while he prepared their meal.

"I should have prepared you for that news," granny offered. "You shouldn't turn her down because of that. It may be a foot in the door, but you still have to be interviewed by others to be accepted."

"Who told you that?" Louis asked, though he knew.

"Lonnie came back after your talk," granny reported.

More of Lonnie's acting, Louis thought. But he also quickly realized she could not tell granny the truth. So, she had followed his lead and turned his screen test into a job interview. "You want me to go, don't you?"

"Honey, it's just one of those opportunities that's just too good to pass up."

"Granny, there's a lot more to this than I think you know."

"Louie, I don't understand all of your computer gibberish, so I imagine there's a lot more to it. But I do know that there's nothing for you in a little town like this. And best of all, you won't have to worry about me." She twisted from side to side in a dance-like motion. "Because I'll be having a grand old time in the assisted-living community."

"You really want to move there, or are you just saying that for my benefit?"

"Well, I'd be real sorry to see you go, but you can come back and visit with Lonnie. I've lived my life, Louie. You've still got a long one to enjoy. And right now, this is your only ticket to it."

"You didn't answer my question, granny," Louis persisted. "Do you really want to live there?"

"If everything I've heard about it is true; yes. What did you think when you saw it? Would you be comfortable with me living there?"

Louis hesitated to respond.

"Now who's not answering the question?"

He grinned because she'd caught him. "Yes, granny, I would. They seem to take very good care of Mrs. Carter."

"Then it's settled."

"I'm still not sure I want to do it."

"It's just an interview, Louie," granny persuaded. "Even if they make you an offer it doesn't mean you have to accept it. And it's a free trip to La La Land!"